PDA

View Full Version : Storm X's Ref Test

Marth
12-21-2006, 05:58 AM
"If you're not me or StormX; avoid posting. Any questions, use the PM function"
StormX, read the reffing test guide before you post. It's in the encyclopedia.
Reply to this when done.

STORMTROOPER X
12-22-2006, 03:25 AM
Ok. I read the guide, but mind if I clear up a couple of questions? After they are answered I'm raring to go.

Q1: For weather conditions do you mutltiply attack increases, and decreases after the raw number, or the exact amount of damage done?

Q2: I'm still a little unclear on how toxic works. Is the first turn you gain toxic considered turn 1, or 0?

Q3: Finally according to the type chart electric attacks do a normal amount of damage to steel types. Is this true? All along I thought that Electric types didn't do damage to steel types, or was I mislead?

Marth
12-22-2006, 04:27 AM
Ok. I read the guide, but mind if I clear up a couple of questions? After they are answered I'm raring to go.

Q1: For weather conditions do you mutltiply attack increases, and decreases after the raw number, or the exact amount of damage done?
Mathematically speaking, it's the same; if you're talking about percentually or raw, that is.
I usually in the case of weathers alter the supper effectiveness to 1.5 times more; in the case of a stabbed pokémon, I put 2.25. If it's Stab + SE; It's 5 effectiveness, and so on.

Q2: I'm still a little unclear on how toxic works. Is the first turn you gain toxic considered turn 1, or 0?
You gain toxic. At the end of the turn, you recieve turn-1 damage = 1 * 6.25.
Next turn, toxic is in turn one, and at the end of the turn, becomes turn-2 damage = 2 * 6.25.
Q3: Finally according to the type chart electric attacks do a normal amount of damage to steel types. Is this true? All along I thought that Electric types didn't do damage to steel types, or was I mislead?
Technically, you can conduct electricity through a metallic object. So it's logical that electricity affects steel, don't you think? You were mislead.

Read this, and post agreeing to oficially begin.

STORMTROOPER X
12-23-2006, 01:56 AM
Ok. I've got one finally question(honestly this time:oops: ). How do you roll the die for a critical hit?

Marth
12-23-2006, 06:04 PM
There are no critical hits on the URPG, except for those moves that have a high chance. Roll a 100 dice, if it lands from 1 to 30, it's CH.

Let's begin.
Milotic, Marvel Scale and Hypno, Insomnia, are sent.
Milotic with Surf, Hypno with Psychic.

STORMTROOPER X
12-24-2006, 04:22 PM
Alright *cracks knuckles* lets get down to business.

Milotic only learns Surf through HM03 so first I would need to clarify that the trainer did indeed purchase Surf.

Marth
12-25-2006, 05:31 PM
Alright *cracks knuckles* lets get down to business.

Milotic only learns Surf through HM03 so first I would need to clarify that the trainer did indeed purchase Surf.
For the purposes of this battle, all Pokémon know all Tm's, all HM's, 1 MT of my choice and 2 BM of my choice. Keep reffing.

STORMTROOPER X
12-27-2006, 02:11 AM
Ok. If thats the case......

Milotic uses Surf

Hypno Uses Psychic
Roll Die: 2
Milotic's Special Defense fell

Milotic 8.1 (Special Defense -1)
Hypno 7.2

Marth
12-27-2006, 06:37 PM
Turn approved.
Milotic with Thunderbolt, Hypno with Toxic.

STORMTROOPER X
12-30-2006, 01:56 AM
It is impossible for Milotic to use Thunderbolt in any way, shape, or form so the move is invalid.

Marth
12-30-2006, 06:13 PM
It is impossible for Milotic to use Thunderbolt in any way, shape, or form so the move is invalid.
Fair enough. It will now use Confuse Ray instead. Hypno remains its move.

STORMTROOPER X
01-03-2007, 02:25 AM
Milotic uses Confuse Ray
Hypno is now confused

Hypno uses Toxic, but Hypno is confused.
Roll Die: 37
Hypno hurts itself in it's confusion

Hypno 6.3 (CON 1)

Marth
01-18-2007, 09:51 PM
Milotic uses Confuse Ray
Hypno is now confused

Hypno uses Toxic, but Hypno is confused.
Roll Die: 37
Hypno hurts itself in it's confusion

Hypno 6.3 (CON 1)
Approved. Hypno will try to use Rest, while Milotic will use Toxic, TM