PDA

View Full Version : Who's the best starter?

Azumarill_056
12-29-2006, 06:00 PM
Hey, just wanted to know which is the best starter to go with in the game, I was thinking Machop but I'm not really sure, anyone got any oppinions?

Dilvish
12-29-2006, 06:09 PM
go wit a squirtle

burnedmagix
12-29-2006, 06:12 PM
Well,pikachu can paralyze attackers,and cubone has lightning rod.Thats all i know.Oh yeah,pikachu or raichu is good at leveling in western cave.

Pikachu_Oi
12-29-2006, 06:20 PM
Pikachu definitely especially for LV1 dungeons.

Leman
12-29-2006, 07:04 PM
Chicorita, Charmander, Torchic, Machop, Cubone, and Pikachu are the best.

Anorexic Snorlax
12-29-2006, 07:15 PM
It's, squirtle, torchic, cubone, machop and pikachu.

NeonYo
12-29-2006, 07:18 PM
Chicorita, Charmander, Torchic, Machop, Cubone, and Pikachu are the best.

I agree with all above, except Chikorita....
Torchic would be good later in the game.
Charmander and Cyndaquil are good with their Smokescreen at the begining of the game(they disable the opponent's attack use for a quite a while).

Machop is good with it's Low Quick and Karate Chop, not alot Pokemon can go super effecyive with it. Cubone(my protagonist) is good too with it's effective bone moves, and the Lighting Rod, incase of your partner.
Pikachu ia great with it's electrical moves, since all the Story Mode bosses, are all Flying Types, making it more effective(Skarmory,Articuno, Moltres).

The othors, I don't have touch for, maybye except Eevee, if you use TMs.
But it's not based on how you will go through in the game, just how your personality is(or favorite...).

Leman
12-29-2006, 07:31 PM
Charmander and Cyndaquil are good with their Smokescreen at the begining of the game(they disable the opponent's attack use for a quite a while).

Machop is good with it's Low Quick and Karate Chop, not alot Pokemon can go super effecyive with it. Cubone(my protagonist) is good too with it's effective bone moves, and the Lighting Rod, incase of your partner.
Pikachu ia great with it's electrical moves, since all the Story Mode bosses, are all Flying Types, making it more effective(Skarmory,Articuno, Moltres).

But it's not based on how you will go through in the game, just how your personality is(or favorite...).

Chicorita is in there cause it can learn Reflect/Poison powder, which when linked is realy good. And it gets synthesis early.

NeonYo
12-29-2006, 07:46 PM
Thankf for explanation, sleep powder would be better though(Bublasaur), but whatever.

Entei_3000
12-29-2006, 08:32 PM
I'd say Skitty. It can learn Attract, and it has the ability Cute Charm. It was easy to beat the Story Mode bosses.

Espeon EX
12-29-2006, 08:37 PM
Hey, just wanted to know which is the best starter to go with in the game, I was thinking Machop but I'm not really sure, anyone got any oppinions?

I chose a real good combination with charmander and mudkip and they make a great team.
When they get bigger they're unbeatable trust me i have them. I only lost like what 3 times with them. Charizard has good offense and so is swampert. Try them out. If there not good then do a different team but it will be pretty rare for someone to say that because if they do i can beat them with one hit with my +15 ariel ace. I'm probably the best one here.................. well just try the team out.

BLaZe77
12-30-2006, 01:23 AM
Most of the starters are all good. Just chose the pokemon that are ur favourites. :wink:

risrilla
12-30-2006, 06:24 PM
I would say Mudkip, Torchic, or Chikorita. But I just picked the Pokemon that I liked the most and were the cutest. Heheh.

evil pikachu
12-31-2006, 04:22 AM
pikachu beats story mode very easily.
the moves hydro cannon, blast burn, and frenzy plant rock.
there's my opinion.

DratiniLover
12-31-2006, 02:08 PM
I think that the starters are all as good as each other, but I'd start the game with Pikachu!

cool rayquaza
12-31-2006, 02:31 PM
go with charmander,squrtle,bulbasaur or treecko.

Charizard Master
12-31-2006, 02:34 PM
Charmander is the best one.

DratiniLover
12-31-2006, 02:35 PM
I didn't really like using Charmander as my starter when I first got my game!

Alderado
01-01-2007, 10:14 AM
I would pick mudkip and pikachu as pikachu is easy at beating the legendary birds and mudkip would beat rayquaza easyly if you have a good ice type move

princey07
01-01-2007, 03:09 PM
i fink pikachu iz the best coz i heard that alot of ppl were getting stuk fighting the legendaries and i beat groudon the first time i saw him wiv a lvl 13 pikachu and lvl 11 charmander but i had to get like 15 revive seeds to get to the top

BLaZe77
01-01-2007, 06:19 PM
i fink pikachu iz the best coz i heard that alot of ppl were getting stuk fighting the legendaries and i beat groudon the first time i saw him wiv a lvl 13 pikachu and lvl 11 charmander but i had to get like 15 revive seeds to get to the top

WOW you never trained them O.o Did u not fight other pokemon in the dungeons?!?!

zigzangoose
01-03-2007, 03:07 PM
Pikachu, bulbasaur or charmander. They level up quick.

charmeleonblaze
01-03-2007, 09:18 PM

Yeah, cyndaquil's awesome, I picked him. It's too bad I was stupid enough to make it forget smokescreen.

charmeleonblaze
01-03-2007, 09:19 PM

that's like nearly impossible unless you some how avoided fighting pokemon like all the time. Oh crap, sorry for the double post.

BLaZe77
01-03-2007, 09:19 PM
Go to glumpins link shop or watever its called. You can learn the moves you forgot again.

charmeleonblaze
01-03-2007, 09:21 PM
Go to glumpins link shop or watever its called. You can learn the moves you forgot again.

Glumpin?:eh: It's called gulpin.

drykyodre
01-03-2007, 09:24 PM
machoop all the way for the storyline (beet the gtame withouot fainting with pikachu and machop

BLaZe77
01-03-2007, 09:32 PM
Glumpin?:eh: It's called gulpin.

lol sorry i cant spell pokemon names. :oops:

-Lucario-
01-04-2007, 02:44 AM
PIKACHU DARN YOU!!!! xD *Sorry for language* I like pikachu because he was my starter xD

RocketMeowth
01-04-2007, 03:00 AM
For me it was Meowth that wsa the best. I chose Cyndaquil as my partner and I had a very easy time getting through the game.

Why do I tihnk Meowth is the best? Fury Swipes. It's all I gotta say. Sure you dont learn it too early on but it's a seriosuly great move for future boss fights. It will hit 5 times dealing a nice amount of damage.

Plus Meowth can learn a variaty of excellent moves that will definatly help. My Meowth is very difficult to beat because of the moves I gave him. He has fainted but mostly from hunger.

theEND
01-04-2007, 03:15 AM
My all time favorite was my Charmander. The expressions of a boy becoming a Charmander fit him well, and Charmander is very easy to handle and such. A Flamethrower from far away can save him a penny's worth of trouble a day. Mudkip as my partner also helped, as he was mostly the one who got Rock and Ground types off my hand. Mudkip also fit his role nicely. xD Smokescreen, Scratch, Slash, and Flamethrower for the win! Scratch is actually more useful than Slash. :P It has a lot of PP, it deals nearly the exact amount as Slash, and it also is handy for when I don't have any other moves for my disposal.

Jaguar 666
01-10-2007, 10:09 PM
I think that the starters are all as good as each other, but I'd start the game with Pikachu!
I think Skitty is the best starter because of it learning attract, assist and covet and because its ability is cute charm

charmeleonblaze
01-10-2007, 11:24 PM
Charmander, Cyndaquil, Torchic, and Cubone are the best in my opinion. But the number one best is Cubone.

_mudkip_girl_
01-10-2007, 11:32 PM
i started out with mudkip and charmander which worked pretty well. i think charmander is a good starter because once it evolves into charizard, it can do well in those lv.1 dungeons like wish cave and purity forest. it's heat wave can do great damage in monster houses.

Dungeon hunter
01-12-2007, 12:13 AM
Mudkip

senshii
01-12-2007, 04:42 AM
I think the best starter is PIkachu because it levels up quickly. I also think that Squirtle is good, but not the best to use in level 1 dungeons because it levels up really slow.

SpazzedOutRayquaza
01-12-2007, 05:37 AM
Mudkip, in my opinion. It's cute, has good moves, and devastates when it evolves.

Invisible
01-12-2007, 11:43 AM
Eevee is my favorite. It works about average at first, but later in the game it's so strong, and if you pair it up with Squirtle, they will both be super strong. Plus, picking eeevee always pays off. In the end, you have infinite choices of what you can evolve it into. I had an eevee, beat the game, but I deleted that game by accident, so I know from experience eevee is very good.

charmeleonblaze
01-12-2007, 07:50 PM
Eevee's also awesome, I started over again to pick him. Once he's an umbreon, He's gonna be kickin' hard ass! Why didn't they make Eevee 1 of the boy options?