PDA

View Full Version : how do u make a trainer card????:-(

TVTMaster
01-07-2007, 02:15 AM
I haven't bothered to actually go back and check, but a recently made thread marks the twentieth thread that I've noticed that has asked how people make trainer cards in the wrong place. Trainer Cards are a stupid fad and don't deserve to have this kind of spam made about them. It's insane, the way the first thing a newbie will ask is "How do I get a Trainer Card?" I don't know if it's already in the FAQ/Rules, but it definitely qualifies as a Frequently Asked Question. However, the woe is that a new member does not check to find the rules. Instead, he or she will start posting and spamming to find out how to enhance their image with this fad, and then create subsequent threadas asking how to put it in their sig. I think perhaps a news fader would be useful to notify anyone who's joining of the rule-reading requirement, and perhaps provide links to the FAQs and Rules.

sonickid01
01-07-2007, 03:40 AM
Hadn't noticed. Actually, I did, but it never bothered me. I was more concerned by the " &&&&&&&&&&& Vote Off!" fad. I think newbies are getting too concerned with popularity on PE2K. Member of the Month doesn't really mean that much. You're not an administrator if you get an award. My opinions.

Leman
01-07-2007, 04:22 AM
They should put that in the FAQ. But I like the vote offs.

Azumao
01-07-2007, 07:19 AM
Somebody could make a tutorial for it in the Graphics Art Tutorial thread...?

But, yeah, I see where your coming from. Newbies just don't think before they post a thread. They'd rather spam then try to find a thread where their question belongs, or one that answers it. :/

Tombi
01-07-2007, 06:11 PM
www.neopets.com/petpage~Jolteon55_2000

A T-Card tutorial...

I agree. n00bs can be a reliable source of neverending entertainment, or they can make you tear you hair out, or hit your head on the wall. (The second one, I have done quite frequently...)

Leman
01-07-2007, 06:13 PM
www.neopets.com/petpage~Jolteon55_2000

A T-Card tutorial...

I agree. n00bs can be a reliable source of neverending entertainment, or they can make you tear you hair out, or hit your head on the wall. (The second one, I have done quite frequently...)

I've seen n00bs posting in other people URPG logs. Isn't that against the rules?

Missingno mystery
01-07-2007, 06:32 PM
I've noticed all the threads on them as well, but they don't bother me. I tend to only make T-cards through personal PMs as I'm to busy else wise (I'm actually working on one right now for a member). I think that tutorial is great, it really should be posted in the sprite section. Oh, a better idea, I've noticed that there are a dozen graghics tutorials, how bout just making one big sticky thread for all of them.

TVTMaster
01-08-2007, 01:14 AM
If you hadn't noticed, they tried to do that. It didn't work. Any comments on the news fader idea?

Larvinator
01-09-2007, 02:53 AM
Maybe there could be some sort of function that would automatically re-route new accounts on their first login to the Rules section. That would destroy the never-ending excuse of "sry i didnt see the rules lol".

DratiniLover
01-09-2007, 03:16 PM
I've made my own tutorial, here's the link to reach it! :tongue:

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?p=820645#post820645

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
01-10-2007, 01:31 AM
I think that tutorial is great
Why thank-you. xD

http://www.neopets.com/~Jolteon55_2000 is my Trainer Card Tutorial ^^; So if you guys want I can post it up in the Graphics section.

IIRC, when new members register or sign in for the first time, I think they get an announcement-type thing which gives them a link to the rules and the introduction thread... ah, here it is:
When a person signs up, they see a welcome message, that introduces them to the the New Members: Introduce Yourself thread. I've added a link to the Forum Guide as well to the welcome message.

Wario
01-10-2007, 02:25 AM
Why thank-you. xD

http://www.neopets.com/~Jolteon55_2000 is my Trainer Card Tutorial ^^; So if you guys want I can post it up in the Graphics section.

IIRC, when new members register or sign in for the first time, I think they get an announcement-type thing which gives them a link to the rules and the introduction thread... ah, here it is:

I didn't know you played neopets...my username is tokyoking466, neomail me when you're on.

Sorry, so lets get back on topic. I think it would be great to put in the tutorial thread, so go ahead!

Lord Voldemort
01-10-2007, 02:49 AM
I didn't know you played neopets...my username is tokyoking466, neomail me when you're on.

Sorry, so lets get back on topic. I think it would be great to put in the tutorial thread, so go ahead!

Interesting. I play too. Darking508 is moi. Sry for being off topic:oops:

DratiniLover
01-10-2007, 05:13 PM
Interesting. I play too. Darking508 is moi. Sry for being off topic:oops:

I play NeoPets as well. My username is GothicGirl4ever!

Azumao
01-11-2007, 11:29 PM
How did this turn into a Neopets account thread? O.o

Back on topic! Maybe you could do some sort of thing where someone is not validated until they read the rules, or open the rules thread. I don't know if that is possible, but it might be.

Mike_Elite Number 3
01-12-2007, 03:10 AM
I haven't bothered to actually go back and check, but a recently made thread marks the twentieth thread that I've noticed that has asked how people make trainer cards in the wrong place. Trainer Cards are a stupid fad and don't deserve to have this kind of spam made about them. It's insane, the way the first thing a newbie will ask is "How do I get a Trainer Card?" I don't know if it's already in the FAQ/Rules, but it definitely qualifies as a Frequently Asked Question. However, the woe is that a new member does not check to find the rules. Instead, he or she will start posting and spamming to find out how to enhance their image with this fad, and then create subsequent threadas asking how to put it in their sig. I think perhaps a news fader would be useful to notify anyone who's joining of the rule-reading requirement, and perhaps provide links to the FAQs and Rules.
Ok you eithier contact someone who can make one or request in graphics section glad to be of help.

Shadow Eevee
01-12-2007, 09:06 PM

Sorry, so lets get back on topic. I think it would be great to put in the tutorial thread, so go ahead! I am armoboy123, anyway: People mainly want trainer cards because they think they have such good taste in themes and want to see a "winter wonderland" trainer card or something.

Reece2106
01-28-2007, 10:38 PM
Hi, I may be a n00b but I'm a good n00b! Every thing thread i started has been a good talking point and i dont even care if i dont get member of the month

Larvinator
01-28-2007, 11:07 PM
Hi, I may be a n00b but I'm a good n00b! Every thing thread i started has been a good talking point and i dont even care if i dont get member of the month
Good n00bs don't spam and go completely off-topic. :tongue: