PDA

View Full Version : Reffing FAQ

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Marth
01-07-2007, 03:55 AM
http://i.imgur.com/6rx6j.jpg
Credits to Alaskapigeon/

Feel free to use this thread to ask reffing questions. Tricky ones will be added here.

Q: How long is Encore's duration and how does the counting of turns work?
A: Encore lasts exactly 3 turns. If it is used on the target before it moves, the turn counts as 1 turn of Encore. If it is used on the target after it moves, that turn does not count as 1 of the 3 turns.

Q: How do I count Light Screen/Reflect/Trick Room/Gravity/etc. ?
A: Basically, for any move that has the description "For 5 turns...", you start counting from LS-1 the turn it was used, even if the move was used before its opponent's move. Light Screen will then end on turn 5, which also means you don't post LS-5. You post Light Screen ends.

Q: How long is Taunt's duration exactly?
A: Same as Encore, 3 turns.

Q: Does the Encore count increase while sleeping?
A: Yes, the Encore count still increases while a Pokemon stays asleep.

Q: Does confusion count increase while sleeping?
A: Yes.

Q: On top of the BP change in weather, does Weather Ball receive a x1.5 boost from Sun or Rain?
A: Yes, it does.

Q: What order are confusion, paralysis, and attraction rolled in?
A: They are rolled in the order: Confusion, Attraction, Paralysis. (CAP) For more information see http://www.smogon.com/dp/articles/move_restrictions

Q: Does Swagger's Attack raise go through Safeguard?
A: Yes, Swagger will still raise attack through Safeguard.

Q: If a Pokemon A uses Move A and Pokemon B uses Move B, then next turn Pokemon A uses Torment and Pokemon B uses Move B, will Move B work?
A: Yes. However, next turn, Pokemon B may not choose to use Move B.

Q: Does Speed Boost activate when a Pokemon with Speed Boost is switched in using U-turn, Baton Pass, or normal switching?
A: No, Speed Boost does not activate.

Q: In BW rules, if you send your move first and use U-turn or Baton Pass, can you wait until after your opponent has sent their move to select a recipient for the attack?
A: Yes, you send your Pokemon when the move is executed.

Q: In the situation:Person A sends Pokemon first.
Person B sends Pokemon.
Person B sends move.
Person A sends move. (Explosion)
Both die.
Who would send the first mon?
A: Person A would send their mon, then Person B would send a mon and a move, then Person A would send a move. This is the same even if Person B was the one who sent Explosion.

Q: In what order do End-of-Turn Effects (such as Leech Seed and Leftovers) take place?
A: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28946

Q: Does Leech Seed heal 12.5%?
A: No, Leech Seed heals by however much HP was sapped from the opposing Pokemon

Q: If a Pokemon KOs the opposing Pokemon with U-turn, who sends their new Pokemon first?
A: The U-turn-er sends their Pokemon first

Q: If you switch in a Pokemon with Trace against a Pokemon with Intimidate, will the Trace Pokemon copy Intimidate and then activate Intimidate's effect against the opponent?

Q: Does Substitute prevent the user's Red Card from activating?

Q: Does Toxic Orb or Flame Orb activate on a switch? What about when replacing a KO'd Pokemon?
A: Yes, it activates on the switch, but since burn damage and poison damage occur before the activation of one of those items in the End of Turn Effects, the Pokemon would not be damaged by burn or poison until the end of the next turn. If a Pokemon is merely replacing a Pokemon that was just KOd, the Orb would not activate, since the End of Turn Effects already occurred. View End of Turn Effects (http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f395/reffing-encyclopedia-100147/#post2876163) in this post for more detailed information.

Q: How does Life Orb + Seismic Toss or Endeavor or other moves that do a set amount of damage work?
A: Life Orb will deal recoil to the user, but not boost any damage done by those moves.

Q: Does a Pokemon under the effects of Leech Seed lose health when it just KO'd a Pokemon?
A: Leech Seed will only sap if there is something on the other side to give the sapped health to. So if a Leech Seeded Pokemon KO'd a Pokemon, it will not lose health at the end of the turn. However, the Leech Seed still remains on the Pokemon and saps the Pokemon at the end of every turn there is a Pokemon on the other side. This also means in FFAs, since a Pokemon has no teammates, KO-ing the sapper will effectively prevent the Pokemon from being sapped.

Q: Can Future Sight and Doom Desire be in queue at the same time?
A: No.

Q: Can two Wish be in queue at the same time?

Q: Can a Pokemon have a status effect while it is drowsy from the effects of Yawn?
A: Yes, and it will thus prevent the drowsiness from putting the Pokemon to sleep.

Q: If a Pokemon is drowsy and is holding Lum Berry, will using a status effect cause it to consume the Lum Berry and then fall asleep from the drowsiness at the end of the turn?

Q: Is there any message that announces a Pokemon's Regenerator ability healed it?

Q: If the bearer of Rough Skin is attacked while it has a Substitute, is it possible for the attacker to take damage from Rough Skin?

Q: What happens if a Pokemon uses Super Fang on a Pokemon with Substitute?
A: The amount of damage Super Fang does will be based on the Pokemon's HP remaining, while the damage is dealt to the Substitute. So if a Tyranitar has 303 HP remaining and it has a 101 HP Substitute, the Substitute will take 151 HP damage (and be destroyed).

Q: Does a Pokemon become Confused if its Outrage or similar move is not successful?
A: If a Pokemon's Outrage is unsuccessful, the Outrage ends. If a Pokemon's Outrage is unsuccessful, and the Pokemon was not going to end its Outrage that turn, then the Pokemon does not become Confused. In other words, if a Pokemon is supposed to have a 3 turn Outrage, and it is unsuccessful on the 2nd turn, the Outrage ends and the Pokemon is not Confused. If a Pokemon is supposed to have a 3 turn Outrage, and it is unsuccessful on the 3rd turn, the Outrage ends and the Pokemon is Confused. If a Pokemon is supposed to have a 2 turn Outrage, and it is unsuccessful on the 2nd turn, the Outrage ends and the Pokemon is Confused. If a Pokemon's Outrage is unsuccessful on the 1st turn (regardless if it was supposed to last 2 or 3 turns), the Outrage effect obviously does not occur at all, although by similar logic you could say the Outrage ends and the Pokemon is not confused. Also, remember, a Pokemon cannot become Confused it is already Confused.

infested88
01-08-2007, 05:49 AM
Question #1 from me:

Just making sure because I'm confused on how Snatch works with Substitute.

When using Snatch, can it snatch a Substitute or no?

Also, found a mistake in the reffing encyclopedia:

| Overheat | Fire | 140 | 90% | 5 | Self and 1 Enemy |
Lowers Enemy Pokémon’s SPECIAL ATTACK by 2 stages.

It should state that your special attack is lowered 2 stages.

Volcanflame
01-08-2007, 06:01 AM
OHKO's move WON'T hit the Sub with 100% accuracy.

So, it will stay 30% accuracy won't it?

-Volcan-

Ridley
01-08-2007, 12:57 PM
Question #1 from me:

From what I read on Smogon, Snatch can snatch a Substitute, yes.

Echo
01-08-2007, 01:52 PM
Question #1 from me:

You steal the Substitute by cutting yor own HP by 25% just like from a normal Substitute. Your foe will not get a Substitute up if you Snatch it.

Fossil Fusion
01-08-2007, 07:39 PM
Btw in the reffingpedia thing. You have Explosion as 500 Base when it's supposed to be 250. Selftdestruct is at 400 and should be 200 base.

DaRkUmBrEoN
01-08-2007, 07:42 PM
Btw in the reffingpedia thing. You have Explosion as 500 Base when it's supposed to be 250. Selftdestruct is at 400 and should be 200 base.That was, iirc, because the defense of the opponent gets halved when Explosion or Self-Destruct is used.

-]DU[-

Marth
01-08-2007, 07:50 PM
I'm glad there's response to this.
@ Infested:
Yes. Snatch is a move that is readied before the enemies attack, and it comes in 2 parts. First, the user gets ready to snatch the move, just as another Pokémon tightens focus for a focus punch, etc.
Second, if the foe uses a non-attacking move, such as substitute, it will not execute the move (That means, it won't lose HP, or it will lose it and then regain it). Nothing happens with the defending pokémon, it's move is given to the snatching pokémon. It's like, Hey! You don't get to attack at all, but I get 2 moves! 1 for making you not attack, and the second one is the move you were going to use! Ha!. Pretty cool, yeah, and it goes through Sub!.

@Volcanflame: Yes, and the move KO's the Sub.

@YoungLink: For make it less complex, we put 500 and 400 base damage instead of "Double power" or "Half defense".

If you find more mistakes in the encyclopedia, do tell me. I made hugue corrections to substitute the other day.

Fenix
01-09-2007, 05:12 AM
@YoungLink: For make it less complex, we put 500 and 400 base damage instead of "Double power" or "Half defense".

I have never heard of it halving anything's defense or raising attack. All Selfdestruct and Explosion do is attack at 200 or 250 base power respectively and knock out the user, and it has always been that way as far as I have ever known.

Did I miss something?

Marth
01-10-2007, 02:18 PM
I have never heard of it halving anything's defense or raising attack. All Selfdestruct and Explosion do is attack at 200 or 250 base power respectively and knock out the user, and it has always been that way as far as I have ever known.

Did I miss something?
Explosion and Seldestruct have a descpription that says "deals double damage"; I will research this furtherly though.

Jack of Clovers
01-11-2007, 07:40 AM
I didn't know snatch worked like that. Interesting. Just make sure any changes are made in the moves list. :wink:

~Jack~

Volcanflame
01-11-2007, 08:17 AM
I got a question!

The situations: Sealeo vs. Kadabra
Sealeo is using Encore to Kadabra so that Kadabra's using Recover. And let say the Encore lasts 6 turns, and Recover's PP 3 left. And after the PP wasted, will Kadabra stay using Recover and failed, or the Encore will stop and Kadabra can use another move?

Thanks in adv.

-Volcan-

LS
01-11-2007, 01:06 PM
I got a question!

The situations: Sealeo vs. Kadabra
Sealeo is using Encore to Kadabra so that Kadabra's using Recover. And let say the Encore lasts 6 turns, and Recover's PP 3 left. And after the PP wasted, will Kadabra stay using Recover and failed, or the Encore will stop and Kadabra can use another move?

Thanks in adv.

-Volcan-

Then Kadabra will use struggle until the encore ends.

Fossil Fusion
01-15-2007, 03:47 PM
I know this sounds stupid to ask Marth. Can you tell me the base dmg for Struggle? I just never knew it :|

Ridley
01-15-2007, 03:56 PM
I think it was bp 40 Non-STAB with 1/4 Recoil

Marth
01-15-2007, 04:47 PM
I think it was bp 40 Non-STAB with 1/4 Recoil
Nope. It's BP 50, Normal Type, 1/4 recoil

Ridley
01-15-2007, 04:50 PM
Oh yes, I kept mixing 50 and 40 up. ._.

Leman
01-15-2007, 04:57 PM
How is the base power of Return and Frustration calculated?

King Zark
01-15-2007, 05:23 PM
In a battle, rse/gsc challenger sends mon first but do they attack first or do they attack second?

Marth
01-15-2007, 05:34 PM
Allright:
Leman, Return and Frustartion have 102 base damage, since it's the maximum possible.
Zark, in terms of courtesy, if you send Pokémon first, your opponent should send move first, though it is not mandatory. However, even if the opponent sends move first, fastest pokémon attacks, no matter what.

DarkGardevoir
01-15-2007, 05:36 PM
In a battle, rse/gsc challenger sends mon first but do they attack first or do they attack second?
usually no, but if stated in the rules, you have to do it

How is the base power of Return and Frustration calculated?
in game, it's clculated by the tamer level, or whatever it is.
In urpg, it always have 102 base power

Focal
01-18-2007, 07:59 PM
ball and I had a little disagreement on this :P

The Reffing Encyc. says that Leech Seed does 0.6 dmg per turn, healing 0.6 HP to the user. Now, ball said the guide was wrong and said it does 1.2 dmg while healing the full 1.2 :P

Now I need to ask... which is right? ball or our so-called "Amazing Reffing Encyclopedia"?

Fossil Fusion
01-18-2007, 08:00 PM
ball is correct. Leech Seed saps up 1.2 ^_^

Focal
01-18-2007, 08:10 PM
ball is correct. Leech Seed saps up 1.2 ^_^

Thanks Chris ^_^ Meaning someone needs to edit the Reffing Cyc. :susp:

King Zark
01-19-2007, 03:22 PM
Well if you looked at status conditions you'll see leech seed do 12% but moves list will say 6%.

Volcanflame
01-20-2007, 03:54 AM
Got another question!

Will Synchronize works for Toxic?

-Volcan-

Jack of Clovers
01-20-2007, 04:11 AM
Yes, Synchronize works for Poison, Burn and Paralyze. Toxic is a form of being poisoned.

~Jack~

Fenix
01-20-2007, 09:46 PM
Jack is right that Synchronize will work on Toxic, but keep in mind that the Pokemon who used Toxic against the Pokemon with Synchronize will only become regular poisoned.

Also I had a little question that I have been pondering myself.

Is there any way we can perhaps number the attacks in the reffing encyclopedia, so that when/if someone uses Metronome, it will be a lot easier on the ref?

When I was wondering that out loud to Eddie, he promised he would get Metronome for his Alakazam just to trouble me. >_>

Marth
01-21-2007, 12:15 AM
Jack is right that Synchronize will work on Toxic, but keep in mind that the Pokemon who used Toxic against the Pokemon with Synchronize will only become regular poisoned.

Also I had a little question that I have been pondering myself.

Is there any way we can perhaps number the attacks in the reffing encyclopedia, so that when/if someone uses Metronome, it will be a lot easier on the ref?

When I was wondering that out loud to Eddie, he promised he would get Metronome for his Alakazam just to trouble me. >_>
Erm, well, about the numered list, I have an excel document that I could upload if someone could kindly tell me how to.

Echo
01-21-2007, 09:30 AM
Erm, well, about the numered list, I have an excel document that I could upload if someone could kindly tell me how to.

And exactly how would that help the refs without Excel?

Imo, a bored mod should just number the list of moves in the encyclopedia, so the numbers would actually be available for all.

DarkGardevoir
01-21-2007, 09:36 AM

curious, i've been doing one too.

Anyways, i think that it would be easier to just number the moves in the moves thread

Marth
01-21-2007, 06:11 PM
And exactly how would that help the refs without Excel?

Imo, a bored mod should just number the list of moves in the encyclopedia, so the numbers would actually be available for all.
Actually, if we took screenshots of the list, then paste them together in an image, then upload it... we would have the list. Expect it for next weekend.

Fenix
01-21-2007, 09:39 PM
Actually, if we took screenshots of the list, then paste them together in an image, then upload it... we would have the list. Expect it for next weekend.

That sounds like a lot more trouble than just numbering the moves in the thread, sillyhead.

Plus, if the numbers are typed in, it would be easy to search for what move was rolled by using the ctrl + f search feature. :D

Ataro
01-27-2007, 12:49 PM
If we took long in a ref test, then we will fail? [or something like that]

I feel that we should have like given a longer time to react since there are like tonnes of Pokemon stuffs to remember, you can't expect us to remember all of that..

DaRkUmBrEoN
01-27-2007, 01:18 PM
If we took long in a ref test, then we will fail? [or something like that]

I feel that we should have like given a longer time to react since there are like tonnes of Pokemon stuffs to remember, you can't expect us to remember all of that..
Well, no one's going to wait 5 minutes for you to ref a turn. You need to do everything with a decent speed, so taking a minute to calc, search and everything is a good estimate. Of course, you can often predict what a Trainer is going to use, so that saves you from much trouble.

Oh, yeah, you need to have the stuff ready when you start to ref a match, since it will save you a lot of time.

-]DU[-

Ataro
01-27-2007, 01:31 PM
Well, I actually forgot to open the Pokedex website today and ended up failing because of wrong move and I did not notice...=(

Must we wait for 2 more weeks before taking another ref test?

.AzureLight
01-27-2007, 08:23 PM
If you switch during Encore, does the Encore end?

Fossil Fusion
01-27-2007, 08:31 PM
If you switch during Encore, does the Encore end?

Yes. Encore ends when you switch.

DaRkUmBrEoN
01-27-2007, 08:33 PM
Yes. Encore ends when you switch.
Yeah, Lan and I NB tested it. :P

-]DU[-

.AzureLight
01-27-2007, 08:33 PM
Next questions, do subs stay with the Pokemon even if they are switched out?

Fossil Fusion
01-27-2007, 08:34 PM
Next questions, do subs stay with the Pokemon even if they are switched out?

Substitute only lasts if it's Baton Passed to another Pokemon. So if the current Pokemon switched out normally it disappears.

.AzureLight
01-27-2007, 09:06 PM
Another question, are PP Ups applied, or is it just standard PP?

DaRkUmBrEoN
01-27-2007, 09:08 PM
Another question, are PP Ups applied, or is it just standard PP?

PP's in the reffing guide's movelist generally apply, iirc.

-]DU[-

.AzureLight
01-27-2007, 09:11 PM
Alright, here's a situation...

Jumpluff has a Substitute up, and Tyranitar breaks the sub with Rock Tomb. Does Jumpluff still lose speed?

Radrei
01-27-2007, 09:21 PM
Alright, here's a situation...

Jumpluff has a Substitute up, and Tyranitar breaks the sub with Rock Tomb. Does Jumpluff still lose speed?
Ultramr101: No, Jumpluff does not lose spee
Ultramr101: *speed
Ultramr101: the sub took the damage and effects of the attack
Ultramr101: so Jumpluff is safe

Ierdar wins.

.AzureLight
01-27-2007, 09:23 PM
Ultramr101: No, Jumpluff does not lose spee
Ultramr101: *speed
Ultramr101: the sub took the damage and effects of the attack
Ultramr101: so Jumpluff is safe

Ierdar wins.

Yeah, I ended up asking him too. :ermm:

Guess this thread isn't any match for asking people via AIM. XD

Fenix
01-28-2007, 04:13 AM
Well, I actually forgot to open the Pokedex website today and ended up failing because of wrong move and I did not notice...=(

Must we wait for 2 more weeks before taking another ref test?

Just so you know, you didn't fail, you quit when you got the turn wrong, you even said so yourself.

You took over 10 minutes to complete a single turn, and the damage was VERY wrong on both Pokemon.

There is a two-week waiting period so that you can get better at it before trying again and taking up the time of ref testers.

Also, I showed you the rule stating that a turn taking more than 3 1/2 minutes is wrong. 10 > 3 1/2 last time I checked.

I'm not trying to be mean, but I already explained this all to you, and I thought I was very fair and patient about it.

EDIT- Looks like you tried again today with someone else, when I tested you less than two days ago. :\

Marth
01-28-2007, 03:55 PM
Just so you know, you didn't fail, you quit when you got the turn wrong, you even said so yourself.

You took over 10 minutes to complete a single turn, and the damage was VERY wrong on both Pokemon.

There is a two-week waiting period so that you can get better at it before trying again and taking up the time of ref testers.

Also, I showed you the rule stating that a turn taking more than 3 1/2 minutes is wrong. 10 > 3 1/2 last time I checked.

I'm not trying to be mean, but I already explained this all to you, and I thought I was very fair and patient about it.

EDIT- Looks like you tried again today with someone else, when I tested you less than two days ago. :\
From now on, when you test someone, be sure to send me and/or Young Link a PM with the person that took it, so I go to the encyclopedia and mark red the name of the applicant, with the date the waiting period ends.

Fenix
01-28-2007, 07:43 PM
While we are on the subject of ref testing, I also wanted to suggest some kind of payment for the ref testers.

Ref testing is a lot of work, and sometimes can take as much as two hours to complete a session.

The person taking the ref test is rewarded with a reffing license if they do well, and the experience if they do not.

The ref tester puts just as much, probably even more work into ref testing than does the person taking it, and I think that deserves some kind of reward. I'm not asking for a large reward or anything of the sort, just a little something.

I know I asked you before and you said no, but I think it deserves a second look perhaps. If this should go in URPG chat feel free to let me know and I'll delete this and repost it there. I figured since this is rge Reffinf FAQ though and this is technically a question about reffing, even if it is about payment.

Ataro
01-30-2007, 07:30 AM
Okok cool, my bad, forgot and wrote wrongly. And um, I did not ask for a ref test after you tested me btw.. [only marth and fenix=u]

Volcanflame
02-01-2007, 01:27 PM
I got a question, does DIG goes first?

If it doesn't, why did Ridley told me so? x_x Link (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30324)

I need a confirmation <_<

-Volcan-

Fossil Fusion
02-01-2007, 03:35 PM

If it doesn't, why did Ridley told me so? x_x Link (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30324)

-Volcan-

That isnt true :/ Dig can go second.

~Falcon~
02-02-2007, 02:44 AM
is there a way to calculate shed skin?

Volcanflame
02-02-2007, 07:56 AM
Oh, ok Chris.

@lsukid --- you can roll dice at AIM, if you don't know how, copy and paste Chris' siggy to AIM chatroom :P

-Volcan-

Fossil Fusion
02-02-2007, 02:41 PM
Oh, ok Chris.

@lsukid --- you can roll dice at AIM, if you don't know how, copy and paste Chris' siggy to AIM chatroom :P

-Volcan-

That was why i had that there XD. Lsukid a Pokemon with Shed Skin has a 30% chance to heal a status Problem at the end of each turn iirc.

Rohypnol
02-08-2007, 02:57 AM
While I was battling, a question came up.

Hypnosis is a Psychic type attack. Will it work on a Dark type Pokemon like Tyranitar?

Volcanflame
02-08-2007, 03:25 AM

Hypnosis is a Psychic type attack. Will it work on a Dark type Pokemon like Tyranitar?
Hm, well, since Hypnosis is Psychic-Type move, then I don't think it will affect Dark, well, I think :eh:

-Volcan-

Fenix
02-08-2007, 03:51 AM

Yes, Hypnosis does affect Dark Types. Just like how Confuse Ray is a Ghost Type attack and it works on Normal Pokemon.

Marth
02-08-2007, 04:18 AM
Attacks that don't have a base damage will not take in consideration the effectiveness.

Loyal Arcanine
02-08-2007, 10:45 AM
Attacks that don't have a base damage will not take in consideration the effectiveness.
You lie. What about Low Kick?

Volcanflame
02-09-2007, 04:03 AM
Hm ... Maybe Marth means that non-attacking move?

EDIT: 900th Post! xD

-Volcan-

Ridley
02-09-2007, 04:28 AM
If that is so, then NightBreaker lied to me. :|

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=729606&postcount=6

Marth
02-09-2007, 06:23 PM
Low kick has a base damage depending on the opponents weight.
You're putting way too much effort in trying to prove me wrong, by the way.

Loyal Arcanine
02-09-2007, 09:33 PM
Low kick has a base damage depending on the opponents weight.
You're putting way too much effort in trying to prove me wrong, by the way.
It's not that much effort really. I just correct you when I see you say something wrong. It also depends on the weight of the Pokemon using Low Kick, by the way.

Marth
02-10-2007, 12:04 AM
It's not that much effort really. I just correct you when I see you say something wrong. It also depends on the weight of the Pokemon using Low Kick, by the way.
If you do happen to have a table for calculating low kick, I'd love to see it.

FireflyK
02-10-2007, 01:21 AM
Does Synchronize ability work for sleep?

SiberianTiger
02-10-2007, 01:35 AM
No it doesn't.

~Isaiah

Seawolf
02-10-2007, 01:37 AM

-Volcan-

If that is the case, it means my forum battle was done incorrectly..

FireflyK
02-10-2007, 03:07 AM
Does Thunderwave work on pokemon with Volt Absorb?

Fossil Fusion
02-10-2007, 08:39 AM
Does Thunderwave work on pokemon with Volt Absorb?

Yes.

Volcanflame
02-10-2007, 01:10 PM
Can both Reflect and Light Screen used together?

-Volcan-

Loyal Arcanine
02-10-2007, 06:23 PM
Ok, I did some research on that Low Kick business and I was wrong and the weight of the Pokemon using it doesn't matter. But this is how it works:

if (weight < 10)
base damage = 20

if (10 < weight < 25)
base damage = 40

if (25 < weight < 50)
base damage = 60

if (50 < weight < 100)
base damage = 80

if (100 < weight < 200)
base damage = 100

if (weight > 200)
base damage = 120

And, that is in kilograms. Most sites give Pokemon's weight in lbs so you have to calculate it to kgs first.

FireflyK
02-10-2007, 06:52 PM
Does Nightmare have perfect accuracy?
Like, if Smokescreen was used, then a pokemon used Nightmare... is it neccesary to roll for accuracy? Or does it automatically hit?

Ed: And what about Curse, used by a Ghost Type?

Volcanflame
02-11-2007, 03:26 AM
Does Nightmare have perfect accuracy?
Like, if Smokescreen was used, then a pokemon used Nightmare... is it neccesary to roll for accuracy? Or does it automatically hit?

Ed: And what about Curse, used by a Ghost Type?
If Ghost mon used Curse, it'll cut its HP by 50% and lay a curse that damage enemy mon by 25% per turn, I believe.

And I'm not really sure about the Nightmare.

-Volcan-

Ataro
02-11-2007, 03:35 AM
If in a AIM battle, my opponent leave the chat or did not reply for 5 minutes, does it count as I win by default? or is it 10 minutes/?

Matt
02-11-2007, 03:50 AM
If in a AIM battle, my opponent leave the chat or did not reply for 5 minutes, does it count as I win by default? or is it 10 minutes/?
There could be a chance they are having computer trouble. Take the time to PM them first and ask them what happened. Ask the ref to save the stats, and try to continue the battle as soon as possible.

King Zark
02-19-2007, 01:23 PM
For PP its max PP right? like G-drain its 8.

Ataro
02-19-2007, 02:39 PM
I thought it was the usual PP? :eh:

Like 5 for Hyper Beam, that is when you check the Trainer's Stats to see if he did use any PP Ups? Is it?

Leman
02-19-2007, 02:45 PM
If someone uses T-wave on a Jolteon, will it work, scince Jolteon has Volt Absorb?

DaRkUmBrEoN
02-19-2007, 02:55 PM
I thought it was the usual PP? :eh:

Like 5 for Hyper Beam, that is when you check the Trainer's Stats to see if he did use any PP Ups? Is it?

All moves have max PP.

If someone uses T-wave on a Jolteon, will it work, scince Jolteon has Volt Absorb?

Volt Absorb only works for damaging electric moves.

Volt Absorb - When hit by an Electric attack, User Pokémon will heal damage instead of becoming hurt (up to a maximum of 2.5HP)

So, you still can get PAR as an electric Pokémon.

I stand correct on both, though.

-]DU[-

Leman
02-19-2007, 02:59 PM
I have a Flygon, itsa RSE mon. Can I buy TM Rock Slide and teach it to it, or do I have to go to the Move Tutor?

DaRkUmBrEoN
02-19-2007, 03:10 PM
I have a Flygon, itsa RSE mon. Can I buy TM Rock Slide and teach it to it, or do I have to go to the Move Tutor?

Flygon, nor its pre-evos, can learn Rock Slide through TM according to Smogon.
So, basically, it'll cost you a trip to the daycare for the MT.

I stand corrected, though.

-]DU[-

Loyal Arcanine
02-19-2007, 03:40 PM
It's not max PP, it's normal PP.

Ataro
02-19-2007, 03:50 PM
I have the following questions for you all, that is some referees have already told me, but it sort of slipped my mind or I am just making sure, so please do not scold or lecture me.

1) How do we calculate the life of a Substitute?
2) Is the burn damage for percentages 12.5%?
3) Is the poison damage also 12.5%?
4) Is the toxic damage also 12.5% or is it 0.6% and double on the next turn?
5) When in confuse state, if the Pokemon whacks itself, 40 damage means minus from the total hp like 345, or is it 40%?

That's all, answers please, as I look forward to a passed ref test.

DarkGardevoir
02-19-2007, 04:06 PM
I have the following questions for you all, that is some referees have already told me, but it sort of slipped my mind or I am just making sure, so please do not scold or lecture me.

1) How do we calculate the life of a Substitute?
2) Is the burn damage for percentages 12.5%?
3) Is the poison damage also 12.5%?
4) Is the toxic damage also 12.5% or is it 0.6% and double on the next turn?
5) When in confuse state, if the Pokemon whacks itself, 40 damage means minus from the total hp like 345, or is it 40%?

That's all, answers please, as I look forward to a passed ref test.

1) Substitute's HP is the 25% of the max health of the user pokemon
2-3-4) If you read the reffing Encyclopedia(god bless Jack) you would know that:
Burn
Will deal 1.2 damage each turn. Attack power is also divided by 2. A Fire type Pokémon can NEVER be burned by a fire attack. They CAN be burned by Tri-Attack.
Frozen
A Frozen Pokémon has a 10% chance to thaw out. You may still call attacks but they will fail. Only Sacred Fire and Flame Wheel can thaw the Pokémon out. An Ice type Pokémon can NEVER be frozen by an ice attack. They CAN be frozen by Tri-Attack.
Paralyze
A paralyzed Pokémon has a 25% chance of not being able to attack each turn. As well, a Paralyzed Pokémon's speed is lowered to 25% of its current value. This speed reduction stays in play until the Pokémon is no longer Paralyzed.
Poison
A Poisoned Pokémon takes 1.2 damage each turn. A Poison type Pokémon can Never be Poisoned except by Twin Needle.
Toxic
A Poison type Pokémon can Never be Toxic'd. A Toxic'd Pokémon takes .6 damage first turn and increases by .6 each turn after that [.6, 1.2, 1.8, ...]
*GSC:: When a Pokémon who is Toxic'd switches out, the Toxic becomes normal POISON and follows the rules for poison. (see above). When a Toxic'd Pokémon Baton passes to a normal poisoned Pokémon, the normal poisoned Pokémon will become TOXIC. (Eg: Umbreon takes toxic, passes to a PSN Charizard. Charizard is now toxic'd)
*RS:: A Pokémon who switches out has the toxic counter reset to turn 1, where it takes .6 damage. The Poison does not turn back to normal Poison. Baton passing a Toxic'd Pokémon onto a normal Poisoned Pokémon will not pass the TOXIC status.
Sleep
The Duration of Sleep is 1-7 turns. A turn is only counted as a turn slept if the Pokémon used SNORE, SLEEP TALK, or had a "Pokémon is fast asleep!" message. A sleeping Pokémon's owner MUST call an attack due to the chance of waking up. A sleeping Pokémon may use the moves SNORE and SLEEP TALK successfully.
Confuse
A Confused Pokémon has a 50% chance of hitting itself. Confusion lasts 1-4 turns. Each turn passes as the Confused Pokémon makes a move, be it attacking normally or hitting self, until it reaches the snap out turn. The damage done to the Confused Pokémon by whacking itself is equal to a 40 powered, No-STAB, 1x effective attack. Note: Reflect does not halve Confusion damage.
Attract
An attracted Pokémon has a 50% chance of being immobilized by love and will not attack. Attraction does not cause self damage, and will only disappear if either the user of Attract or the affected Pokémon leaves the field. Attract only works on opposite Genders and fails on non-gender specific Pokémon.

*A Pokémon can be Confused, Attracted and either Frozen, Sleep, Burn, Poison, Toxic, or Paralyzed. A Pokémon can only be affected by Frozen, Sleep, Burn, Poison, Toxic, and Paralyze one at a time. You can’t Sleep and Poison a Pokémon- only one. If you try to Poison a Sleeping Pokémon, the Poison will fail.
[i've quoted the whole paragraph about status, and bolded what you asked]

So, basically, burn will deal 12%/turn,poison will deal too 12%/turn, and toxic will deal 6%/turn, and each turn it builds up(6%,12%,18% and so on)

5) Same as above, confusion is like a 40 Base power, physical, non stabbed attack dealt to the user pokemon by the user pokemon

Sorry if this sounds rude, I just don't like that questions easily asnwered by the Encyclopedia Jack so hardly worked on are asked here.

DaRkUmBrEoN
02-19-2007, 05:35 PM
It's not max PP, it's normal PP.

I like to thank you for correcting me - again - and add that there are no PP ups in the URPG as far as I know.

Dunno what I was thinking...:dazed:

-]DU[-

Marth
02-19-2007, 06:26 PM
I like to thank you for correcting me - again - and add that there are no PP ups in the URPG as far as I know.

Dunno what I was thinking...:dazed:

-]DU[-
Woah, excuse me there.
We ref using MAX STATS.
That means that each pokémon should have maxed out all items that can improve them, and I'm including PP-ups here even if they are not "stats" per se.
Pardon me Mike, but if you were so kind as to look for a post in which normal PP's are mandatory, we'll solve this issue faster.

EDIT: The reffing encyclopedia lists base PPs. Let me PM Jack about this myself.

Loyal Arcanine
02-19-2007, 07:13 PM
Woah, excuse me there.
We ref using MAX STATS.
That means that each pokémon should have maxed out all items that can improve them, and I'm including PP-ups here even if they are not "stats" per se.
Pardon me Mike, but if you were so kind as to look for a post in which normal PP's are mandatory, we'll solve this issue faster.

EDIT: The reffing encyclopedia lists base PPs. Let me PM Jack about this myself.
I've seen Jack ref it this way myself in a forum battle, so don't bother with the PM. :happy:

EDIT: I found the battle (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5082&highlight=Hydro+Pump+Akdude). Thanks again for mistrusting my judgement, I know where you and I stand.

SiberianTiger
02-19-2007, 11:00 PM
I've seen Jack ref it this way myself in a forum battle, so don't bother with the PM. :happy:

EDIT: I found the battle (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5082&highlight=Hydro+Pump+Akdude). Thanks again for mistrusting my judgement, I know where you and I stand.

Well glad to clear that up, a few people weren't happy with me for counting PP usage.

~Isaiah

Marth
02-19-2007, 11:24 PM

Ah, I see. Well, it's odd; because you have reffed for me many times Mike, and I recall at least one of them in which I used more than 5 protects, myself assuming that PP ups were enabled. In that battle, you reffed with PP ups, IIRC.
But, on the other ocasion in which my opponent asked the counting of Zam's recovers, you used base PPs. I didn't say anything because I didn't need to use so many.
That means we really don't have an uniformity in reffing PP's among all referees.
Since it's not formerly written as a rule, we couldn't force people to ref one way or another. We have to standarize it.
As head referee, I'm proposing the usage of Max PP's, using the logic in my post before.
I guess the PM will have an usage after all.

Edit: Well, Protect has got 10 PP. My bad there.

Husnain
02-19-2007, 11:25 PM
Ah, I see. Well, it's odd; because you have reffed for me many times Mike, and I recall at least one of them in which I used more than 5 protects, myself assuming that PP ups were enabled. In that battle, you reffed with PP ups, IIRC.

5? Protect has 10 base PP.

Marth
02-19-2007, 11:27 PM
5? Protect has 10 base PP.
Oh? Gah, I guess maybe I'm a bit too old for this.
The other part of my post still remains though.

(pwnt =P )

Kecleonfan666
02-19-2007, 11:44 PM
How do you become a Ref?

Leman
02-19-2007, 11:53 PM
How do you become a Ref?

You have to take the test and the quiz.

SiberianTiger
02-20-2007, 12:01 AM
You have to take the test and the quiz.

Spike that and reverse it.

~Isaiah

Ataro
02-20-2007, 01:19 AM
In case you all did not notice, in the Reffing Encloypedia, the description for Low Kick is wrong, Marth once said that it was accoding to weight and Mike said too....So, shouldn't the description be change? It can cause confusion.

Kecleonfan666
02-20-2007, 01:46 AM
How do you take the test and quiz?

Rohypnol
02-20-2007, 01:49 AM
Here (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=368535&postcount=13) is the ref quiz. PM it to one of the ref testers that are listed as "Available". If you pass it, then you can take the test.

~KR

Ataro
02-21-2007, 09:40 AM
I want to confirm something, people who are not sure please do not tell me. When my Pokemon yawned my opponent, then he switched out and later back in again, does Yawn stil take effect? Ridley told me it does but Yami said no. What is it?

DaRkUmBrEoN
02-21-2007, 11:57 AM
@PP discussion. Let's keep it with normal PP. No need to screw up and revise the entire movelist again. We don't want to see anyone constantly hitting others with the same strong moves over and over again.

-]DU[-

DarkGardevoir
02-21-2007, 04:43 PM
@PP discussion. Let's keep it with normal PP. No need to screw up and revise the entire movelist again. We don't want to see anyone constantly hitting others with the same strong moves over and over again.

-]DU[-
i don't think there is much problem in PP base usage. The only time I ran out of them was using my espeon's Psychic. Guess what, Mike was reffing it. [/random]

@Ataro:
Basically, in game it should work that way, but you know, low kick is never used, and i wouldn't like to have to check the weight of the opponent every time they ask me. Even if i think they'll never ask me to use it.

Ataro
02-24-2007, 02:35 AM
I want to confirm something, people who are not sure please do not tell me. When my Pokemon yawned my opponent, then he switched out and later back in again, does Yawn stil take effect? Ridley told me it does but Yami said no. What is it?

Heloo, in case anybody did not notice. Question still exist...

And how do I calculate a Fire Blast with SUnny Day in efefct using Pika's Calculator?

Jack of Clovers
02-24-2007, 05:47 AM
Normal PP will be used.

~Jack~

Volcanflame
02-24-2007, 08:37 AM
@Ataro --- So, Fireblast's 120*1.5 = 180, put 180 for the power and I think yawn will still take effect even if the mon's switched out.

-Volcan-

DaRkUmBrEoN
02-24-2007, 08:47 AM
While I'm at it later, I'll just make a guide to how pikacalc works.

*sigh* People these days...

-]DU[-

FireflyK
02-24-2007, 09:49 PM
Does Psych Up work at any time, or only the turn where the 'mon its used on gained a stat?

Loyal Arcanine
02-24-2007, 10:38 PM
Does Psych Up work at any time, or only the turn where the 'mon its used on gained a stat?
It works at any time that your mon and the opponent's mon have different stat changes.

Ataro
02-25-2007, 02:03 PM
While I'm at it later, I'll just make a guide to how pikacalc works.

*sigh* People these days...

-]DU[-
Ooh, while your at it, please let me know where will it be put at when finish.. :happy: I don't understand the damage part.

Subside
02-25-2007, 02:10 PM
Pika's calc gives wrong damage all the time, it didn't know that Rhyhorn was Ground/Rock .__. Excel for the win.

Ataro
02-25-2007, 02:13 PM
That reminds me! Does Pika's Calculator actually count in Super Effective moves and 2x moves, like electric hitting water, will it count 2x?

Volcanflame
02-26-2007, 03:29 AM
Yeah, Pika's Calculator will automatically count 0x/.25x/.5x/1x/2x/4x effectiveness.

-Volcan-

ball
02-26-2007, 08:58 AM
About the excel problem, here is my excel I have made some time ago, and it is far more easy to use than the other excel calcs, thanks to the macros and auto stat appearing. Here (http://www.sendspace.com/file/5mgfzl) it is. I would also like to ask a mod who sees this to put this calc in the refing encyclopedia.

Fossil Fusion
02-27-2007, 05:03 PM
Pika's calc gives wrong damage all the time, it didn't know that Rhyhorn was Ground/Rock .__. Excel for the win.

Haha. It thought Psyduck was Psychic/Water

SiberianTiger
02-27-2007, 05:12 PM
As bad as Pikas calc can be, a calc is only as good as its author, if we don't like it, we need to fix it.

~Isaiah

Ataro
03-09-2007, 11:46 AM
In a ref test, can we don't roll dice for moves that are 100% hit?

SiberianTiger
03-09-2007, 05:23 PM
Yea, if the move has 100% accuracy there is zero point in rolling because it will always be a hit.

~Isaiah

Ridley
03-09-2007, 05:29 PM
Actually you should roll for 100% Acc moves :0

...If the opponent has +x Evasion.

Ataro
03-14-2007, 05:49 AM
Some reffing questions to prepare for my next ref test.

Is it possible to baton-pass Substitute?
If yes, will the baton-passed pokemon have 75% health too?
Does Substitute block Confuse Ray just how it does not blocks Attract?

Rohypnol
03-14-2007, 05:58 AM

Does Substitute block Confuse Ray just how it blocks Attract?

From what my understanding is:
1. Yes
2. It'll have normal health.
3. Attract goes through Substitute. I think it stops Confuse Ray though.

ball
03-14-2007, 06:01 AM

Does Substitute block Confuse Ray just how it blocks Attract?

Yes it is.
No, it will have 100% hp and a sub.
It DOESENT block attract, but it does block cray.

Ataro
03-14-2007, 06:16 AM
No offense, but why are you even trying to be a referee when you don't even know these things? I think you've got some studying up to do before applying for the job. Reading the Reffing Guide would be a start.

Thanks for help @ king n ball.

And um, for the last question, it was really a typo error. I am in a air-conditioned room and its super cold.

@Megumi, the Reffing Guide does not tells you Substitute and Baton Pass, its not clear enough, sorry, and it did not mention anything about not blocking attract, or blocking confuse ray. Though I jjust want to confirm, and the guide just said that SUbstitute blocks all status conditions blah blah blah, but Attract and Confuse Ray are not status conditions...
But I will carry on reading that guide.

Ridley
03-18-2007, 05:22 AM
If you have, say Spd +1, and your opponent has, like, Def+2,

If you use Psyche Up, do you become Def+2, or Spd+1 Def+2?

And Psyche Up also copies Atk-1 and whatever, right?

Rohypnol
03-18-2007, 05:34 AM
If I was battling a mon with Synchronize ability, used Substitute, and then Toxic, would Synchronize still effect me?

Volcanflame
03-18-2007, 05:45 AM
If I was battling a mon with Synchronize ability, used Substitute, and then Toxic, would Synchronize still effect me?
Since you have a Sub, I think you can't be Toxic'd.

-Volcan-

DarkGardevoir
03-18-2007, 08:53 AM
If you have, say Spd +1, and your opponent has, like, Def+2,

If you use Psyche Up, do you become Def+2, or Spd+1 Def+2?

And Psyche Up also copies Atk-1 and whatever, right?

it copies the def+2, and you still get the spd+1. At least i know so, even if I thought it was different...

And naturally, you get the stats-X too.

Subside
03-18-2007, 01:06 PM
I think you still get induced with the toxic status. I would try it out on netbattle or my DS but i'm too lazy XP

Marth
03-18-2007, 05:40 PM
I think you still get induced with the toxic status. I would try it out on netbattle or my DS but i'm too lazy XP
I've tested it and...
Substitute PREVENTS Syncronize.

Loyal Arcanine
03-18-2007, 09:52 PM
You never get Toxic status from Synchronize anyway. If you use Toxic on an opponent with Synchronize, you get normal poison status (if you're not a poison mon or have a sub or whatever).

Ketamine
03-19-2007, 04:39 AM
You never get Toxic status from Synchronize anyway. If you use Toxic on an opponent with Synchronize, you get normal poison status (if you're not a poison mon or have a sub or whatever).
if i used vine whip on a goldduck and i ko it and then toxic kos me is it a draw?

Ataro
03-19-2007, 07:10 AM
Someone told me yes before.

Rohypnol
03-19-2007, 07:16 AM
Erm...I don't think it's a draw because you KOd the other mon before you were knocked out yourself.

DaRkUmBrEoN
03-19-2007, 07:27 AM
if i used vine whip on a goldduck and i ko it and then toxic kos me is it a draw?

All effects are end-turn, so if there was another mon left, it should get sent out first, and after that Toxic damages.

Now, if you ko'd a mon, and have a ko-ing Toxic on yours, then you win.

-]DU[-

Marth
03-19-2007, 04:13 PM
That is correct. In the PKMN Stadium, there are 2 ways of getting a draw:
-Explosion / Selfedstruct (Self-KO Clause)
-Destiny Bond
In Pokémon Stadium, if you use Explosion with your last mon, and you KO your opponent's last Pokémon, the opponent wins.
Destiny Bond will always fail if it is your last Pokémon.

LS
03-22-2007, 09:35 AM
Question.. If two mons use roar.. Which one moves first? The one that's fastest?

Loyal Arcanine
03-22-2007, 09:41 AM
Question.. If two mons use roar.. Which one moves first? The one that's fastest?
Yes, the one that's the fastest.

Snow Fairy Sugar
03-22-2007, 10:40 AM
Yes, the one that's the fastest.

Um, I did a NBL test, and Roar goes second, LA. =/

DaRkUmBrEoN
03-22-2007, 01:25 PM

Roar goes second, but you can't have two mons Roar second at the same time.
So the fastest second Roar gets the other to switch out.

-]DU[-

Loyal Arcanine
03-22-2007, 01:30 PM
May, at least take the time to read what it's all about okay? It makes you look less stupid, if only slightly.

All-Star
03-22-2007, 01:43 PM
MAy, you can't make Mikey look stupid, he's the greatest (I was actually going to say something worse than that on her part).

Since I've been gone for about a year (when I left, my last visit was January 23, 2006), do I have to take the test and what not again? I'd prefer to get a ref and just let me ref a fake battle without a test.

Subside
03-22-2007, 03:19 PM
MAy, you can't make Mikey look stupid, he's the greatest (I was actually going to say something worse than that on her part).

Since I've been gone for about a year (when I left, my last visit was January 23, 2006), do I have to take the test and what not again? I'd prefer to get a ref and just let me ref a fake battle without a test.
The test has changed a lot since you were last here, so I'm assuming you will have to take it again.

Volcanflame
03-23-2007, 01:22 PM
I've got a question: Does Safeguard stop Confuse?

-Volcan-

Loyal Arcanine
03-23-2007, 03:59 PM
I've got a question: Does Safeguard stop Confuse?

-Volcan-
Yes, it does. Cool, huh?

ball
03-23-2007, 05:14 PM
I think this belongs more to here than to the URPG related chat. Can a mod please edit the reffing encyclopedia, and change the link to my calc, its dead, plus this is a newer version. Here (http://www.rogepost.com/n/6036005279) is the link.

Rohypnol
03-23-2007, 06:57 PM
I have a question. Let's say you have a mon that uses Hypnosis and the other mon uses Magic Coat. Do you have to roll to see if Hypnosis works?

SiberianTiger
03-23-2007, 07:00 PM
I have a question. Let's say you have a mon that uses Hypnosis and the other mon uses Magic Coat. Do you have to roll to see if Hypnosis works?

Yes you do.

~Isaiah

DarkGardevoir
03-24-2007, 05:40 PM
Yes you do.

~Isaiah

but you do as the mon who used Magic coat used it.

Ridley
03-30-2007, 12:43 PM
If you are drowsy from Yawn, stuff like Thunderwave fails, right?

Volcanflame
03-30-2007, 12:55 PM
If you are drowsy from Yawn, stuff like Thunderwave fails, right?
Erm, no. Thunderwave still works and Yawn fails. That's what Marth told me, I believe.

-Volcan-

Ridley
03-30-2007, 12:59 PM
Erm, no. Thunderwave still works and Yawn fails. That's what Marth told me, I believe.

-Volcan-
...My bad.

Volcanflame
03-30-2007, 01:43 PM
Got a question :o

I believe that Spike can be used thrice, which will deal more damage. Does it apply in URPG, and if it applies, how much damage will enemy Pokémon get?

-Volcan-

Loyal Arcanine
03-30-2007, 01:57 PM
Got a question :o

I believe that Spike can be used thrice, which will deal more damage. Does it apply in URPG, and if it applies, how much damage will enemy Pokémon get?

-Volcan-
1 layer: 6.25% damage.
2 layers: 12.5% damage.
3 layers: 25% damage.

Pokemon with Levitate or Pokemon of the flying variety are unaffected.

FireflyK
04-07-2007, 08:05 PM
Does hail hit a Pokemon using Bounce?

Rohypnol
04-07-2007, 08:12 PM
Does hail hit a Pokemon using Bounce?
I believe it does. Sandstorm as well.

Atleast, that's my understanding.

But I'm not a ref...

DaRkUmBrEoN
04-07-2007, 08:15 PM
Anyone mind trying it out with me on NB?

-]DU[-

Husnain
04-07-2007, 11:23 PM
it does

Rohypnol
04-10-2007, 05:30 PM
Does Mist cancel out Haze?

Marth
04-10-2007, 06:26 PM
Does Mist cancel out Haze?
No, Haze still works even if Mist is around.

King Zark
04-12-2007, 01:39 AM
Which moves affect all ally's and which only affect self?

Subside
04-12-2007, 09:50 PM
Which moves affect all ally's and which only affect self?
Check the move list in the Reffing Encyclopedia, every move shows how many mons it hits and such.

Volcanflame
04-15-2007, 10:28 AM
I've got a question:

This is the situation:

Pokemon A is Poisoned, next turn, it uses Sub, so will the Poison hurt the mon or Sub will fail?

-Volcan-

Fossil Fusion
04-15-2007, 10:30 AM
I've got a question:

This is the situation:

Pokemon A is Poisoned, next turn, it uses Sub, so will the Poison hurt the mon or Sub will fail?

-Volcan-

It would hurt the mon. The Sub stays.

ball
04-15-2007, 10:37 AM
It will hurt the mon, the sub will stay as it is.

Finch
04-15-2007, 11:34 AM
Yeah, if you need any "proof", sandstorm goes past to hurt the mon (not the sub) in the same way.

Leman
04-17-2007, 01:11 AM
Hustle raises Atk by1.5 and lowers Acc to 80% for all moves, right? And it doesn't touch SAtk, right?

Rohypnol
04-17-2007, 02:23 AM
According to the information I have, in the game, Sunny Day prevents FRZ. Is that true and if so, does it apply in the URPG?

@Leman: I don't think it does.

Volcanflame
04-17-2007, 02:24 AM
Hustle raises Atk by1.5 and lowers Acc to 80% for all moves, right? And it doesn't touch SAtk, right?
Doesn't touch ...? Of course.

Anyways, King said that Sunny Day prevents freezing, is it right? And he knew that from psypoke thingy ._.

-Volcan-

h_sy
04-18-2007, 12:28 AM
Hello. I want to become a ref but where can I get the rolling dice? I don't have AIM and the other one doesn't work on the ref encyclopedia. What should I do?

Volcanflame
04-18-2007, 12:33 AM
If I'm not mistaken, there's a site that can do the same thing ...

Random.org, if I'm not mistaken.

-Volcan-

h_sy
04-18-2007, 12:56 AM
If I'm not mistaken, there's a site that can do the same thing ...

Random.org, if I'm not mistaken.

-Volcan-
So it's just the dice roller there? Because I thought you roll the dice from 1 to 100 instead of 1 to 6.

SiberianTiger
04-18-2007, 03:56 PM
So it's just the dice roller there? Because I thought you roll the dice from 1 to 100 instead of 1 to 6.

You should be able to change the number of sides.

~Isaiah

Ataro
04-18-2007, 04:04 PM
You should be able to change the number of sides.

~Isaiah

I tried and I can't change the sides, minimum - 0 max - 12.

Maybe ask MayNorman, she knows a good website for rolling too, totally random, she told me before, but I forgot the site already.

Volcanflame
04-18-2007, 04:40 PM
I tried and I can't change the sides, minimum - 0 max - 12.

Maybe ask MayNorman, she knows a good website for rolling too, totally random, she told me before, but I forgot the site already.
Use Random.org ...

And how could your AIM roll doesn't work o_0

-Volcan-

Ataro
04-18-2007, 05:11 PM
Use Random.org ...

And how could your AIM roll doesn't work o_0

-Volcan-

I'm talking about Random.org, yeah, the sides are limited.

My aim roll works, just giving comments. Besides, to the person who post this question, you got to remove the inverted commas first - " " .

Rohypnol
04-19-2007, 02:07 AM
Ok. In the Encyclopedia it says that Hail does .12 damage. However, I've heard refs say that that is a mistake and that it should be .06. Which is it?

Edit: I did a NB test and it does .06.

SiberianTiger
04-19-2007, 05:49 AM
Ok. In the Encyclopedia it says that Hail does .12 damage. However, I've heard refs say that that is a mistake and that it should be .06. Which is it?

Edit: I did a NB test and it does .06.

Actually 6.25% but eh.

~Isaiah

Ridley
04-19-2007, 10:57 AM
@ The Dice stuff:

Whenever my AIM is down or whatever, I use this. (http://irony.com/igroll.html)

You can have like 2 - 1000 sides or something.

Marth
04-19-2007, 01:07 PM
@ The Dice stuff:

Whenever my AIM is down or whatever, I use this. (http://irony.com/igroll.html)

You can have like 2 - 1000 sides or something.
1.- I'm investigating the Sunny-Day thing.
2.- Hustle does boost attack 1.5 times; with 80% accuracy. It doesn't modify SA.

FireflyK
04-19-2007, 08:05 PM
Actually 6.25% but eh.

~Isaiah

Alright... So what does this do to my gym battles? D: I had a few where Hail was a deciding factor in wins/losses.... And I'm definitely using Rain Dance more now that I know Hail only does 6%. Some battles had 12% used, too, I believe....
Does this mean I reset the record or something? x_X Or does it just stay how it is with the inaccuracies?

Loyal Arcanine
04-19-2007, 08:08 PM
Alright... So what does this do to my gym battles? D: I had a few where Hail was a deciding factor in wins/losses.... And I'm definitely using Rain Dance more now that I know Hail only does 6%. Some battles had 12% used, too, I believe....
Does this mean I reset the record or something? x_X Or does it just stay how it is with the inaccuracies?
It just stays with the inaccuracies, and those refs better scratch their head.

FireflyK
04-19-2007, 08:12 PM
It just stays with the inaccuracies, and those refs better scratch their head.

Well, it said 12% in the reffing encyclopedia, so I don't know how they'd know...
Ugh, I wish /I/ had known some people used one and some use the other. I'd have used rain dance. x_X Might have helped me more.

Ataro
04-20-2007, 11:05 AM
Don't ya think you should add in the conversions.

Ex. Poison damage [.6] yeah, bbut that is for ?/10, how about percentage? it causes confusion sometimes.

Not to mention Hail, can you write in teh conversion, pleasee?

Volcanflame
04-20-2007, 12:10 PM
Don't ya think you should add in the conversions.

Ex. Poison damage [.6] yeah, bbut that is for ?/10, how about percentage? it causes confusion sometimes.

Not to mention Hail, can you write in teh conversion, pleasee?
Percentage = 6%, so, ie: 100%-6%=94%

Decimal = .6, ie: 10.0-0.6=9.4

-Volcan-

Loyal Arcanine
04-20-2007, 12:11 PM
Also poison is 12.5% damage each turn. Or 1.25/10.

Ataro
04-20-2007, 02:05 PM
Also poison is 12.5% damage each turn. Or 1.25/10.

How come the Reffing Encloypedia is written as 1.2/10?

Marth
04-20-2007, 02:57 PM
How come the Reffing Encloypedia is written as 1.2/10?
Refs don't use 2 decimals when they ref x/10, so they round it down.
That is accepted, yet not correct. The right damage is 2/16 (1.25/10)

FireflyK
04-21-2007, 02:09 AM
Does Sleep Count reset if a Pokemon is switched out/back in? ^^: So they have to do all the turns over?
I asked 2 people and got 2 different answers, soo... Yeah. :|

Volcanflame
04-21-2007, 02:19 AM
Does Sleep Count reset if a Pokemon is switched out/back in? ^^: So they have to do all the turns over?
I asked 2 people and got 2 different answers, soo... Yeah. :|
No, it still continues, I believe.

-Volcan-

Rohypnol
04-21-2007, 02:25 AM
I did a NBL test and it doesn't reset.

Leman
04-21-2007, 04:16 AM
No, it still continues, I believe.

-Volcan-

I did a NBL test and it doesn't reset.

Yay, it continues!! I win! I have another question. What is the chance of getting an item from pickup?

Larvinator
04-21-2007, 04:22 AM
Yay, it continues!! I win! I have another question. What is the chance of getting an item from pickup?
You can get items from Pickup? O_o

Ketamine
04-21-2007, 04:39 AM

Pickup - Randomly pick up an item after battle. 10% chance. Item choices are in the Pokemart (Healing Item, Evolution Stone or Evolution Item: NOT Pokeflute or any Holding Item. You may only get 1 Item per week.)

Thats from the Ref Encylo

Eraizaa-kun
04-21-2007, 07:05 PM
I have a question.

Triple kick may hit up to 3 times in one attack. Each of those 3 hits are more powerful than the last but, by how much?

Ataro
04-21-2007, 07:10 PM
I have a question.

Triple kick may hit up to 3 times in one attack. Each of those 3 hits are more powerful than the last but, by how much?

Originally Posted in Reffing Encloypedia
| Triple Kick | Fighting | 10 | 90% | 10 | 1 Enemy |
Attack for 1-3 times.

When does it even say each hits will be more powerful than the last?

Eraizaa-kun
04-21-2007, 07:20 PM
When does it even say each hits will be more powerful than the last?
In every Pokemon video game out there and in every pokemon guide (other than the reffing Encylopedia).

Ataro
04-21-2007, 07:31 PM
In every Pokemon video game out there and in every pokemon guide (other than the reffing Encylopedia).

Well, I normally follow the URPG guides oonly, occasionally, Serebii, and Pokemonfanuniverse, perharps a more experienced person should take over.:ermm:

Leman
04-21-2007, 09:22 PM
Pickup - Randomly pick up an item after battle. 10% chance. Item choices are in the Pokemart (Healing Item, Evolution Stone or Evolution Item: NOT Pokeflute or any Holding Item. You may only get 1 Item per week.)

Thats from the Ref Encylo

So its right this time. I was making sure, because there's a lot of times its wrong.

h_sy
04-22-2007, 08:50 PM
Can you ref your own battles?

Marth
04-22-2007, 09:01 PM
No, certain things, such as sleep dices, must be known only to the ref.

DaRkUmBrEoN
04-22-2007, 09:02 PM

Eh, of course not...
Why would you ask? :oops:

-]DU[-

h_sy
04-22-2007, 09:21 PM
Eh, of course not...
Why would you ask? :oops:

-]DU[-
I want to be a ref but first I need 19 more battles.

Eraizaa-kun
04-23-2007, 02:13 AM
I have a question.

Triple kick may hit up to 3 times in one attack. Each of those 3 hits are more powerful than the last but, by how much? :sad:

SiberianTiger
04-23-2007, 02:15 AM
That doesn't happen in the URPG.

~Isaiah

~Falcon~
04-23-2007, 02:22 AM
I want to be a ref but first I need 19 more battles.
also you must pass the ref quiz and test, just so you know

h_sy
04-23-2007, 03:39 AM
also you must pass the ref quiz and test, just so you know
Yep, I know. But only one ref has come to 1 of 3 of my battles. Not even after I report the battles. :sad: But still, if there's anyone else who wants to battle me i'll be happy to accept!
BTW, when Earthquake hits and one of the pokemon are flying types (in a 2 on 2 battle), is the amount of damage divided to the pokemon it hits? Or on all of them?

SiberianTiger
04-23-2007, 03:43 AM
It's divided by those it hits. So you wouldn't count the flying type.

~Isaiah

Eraizaa-kun
04-23-2007, 05:31 AM
68: Hits three times. Stops if a miss is caused. When used, base damage starts at its original value, and increases by 10 after each hit.

TRIPLE KICK FIGHTING 10 90 10 0 [00] ab ef

I finally found how triple kick works anywhere but the URPG.

Hmm...Why doesn't it work like this on the URPG?

Ataro
04-23-2007, 07:00 AM

Uhh, cause it is?:oops:

Certain moves in Urpg don't work like others too, I know some, but I forget already, try asking around.

Eraizaa-kun
04-29-2007, 12:41 AM
Besides the fact that Triple Kick works different on the URPG than it does anywhere else.

Is it true that Ingrain prevents the effect of Road and Whirlwind?

SiberianTiger
04-29-2007, 12:42 AM
Besides the fact that Triple Kick works different on the URPG than it does anywhere else.

Yes it does.

~Isaiah

Loyal Arcanine
04-29-2007, 12:43 AM
Yes, that is true.

I don't know what's up with Triple Kick, never looked into it.

Jack of Clovers
05-11-2007, 03:12 AM

It's fixed now.

So, I updated the moves list with new moves and old move changes. Some questions:

*Chatter- What is the Confusion percentage? It's a move based on you screaming into the Mic. I put 20% chance for confusion to start.

*Crush Grip- is it similar to Eruption's formula?

*Feint- Only works when the foe uses Protect or Detect. The Protect/Detect used by the opponent does still count, meaning next turn the chances of it succeeding are halved.
(I haven't run into it in game. The discription just sounds odd.)

*Gyro Ball- based on Speed difference.

*Magic Coat- Need to update it with any new attacks that it reflects.

*Solarbeam- Supposed to do less power during Rain Dance, but how much is less... half?

~Jack~

Eraizaa-kun
05-11-2007, 03:21 AM
I remember being taught on Pokemon Stadium 2's battle academy that Solarbeam's power is halved on the rain. Also, that Sunny day prevents freezing and increases burning chances; that Rain Dance increases freezing chances; and that Sandstorm decreases Thunder's Accuracy.

I haven't heard anything like that anywhere else.

Leman
05-11-2007, 03:33 AM
I remember being taught on Pokemon Stadium 2's battle academy that Solarbeam's power is halved on the rain. Also, that Sunny day prevents freezing and increases burning chances; that Rain Dance increases freezing chances; and that Sandstorm decreases Thunder's Accuracy.

Sunny day makes Thunder's acc 50%. Ive never heard the rest of those.

Volcanflame
05-11-2007, 03:53 AM

The question is, are they implemented in the handheld games?

-Volcan-

ball
05-11-2007, 05:07 AM

Solarbeam isnt halved in sun, but it does take 2X more time to charge, Alos, I think that the freeze thing in sun might be right.

Rohypnol
05-11-2007, 05:49 AM
Just ran into an accidental thing in Diamond that I thought I'd mention.

I accidentally had my Latios use Protect against a Gastly. The Gastly used Curse and Protect didn't stop it.
Just letting it be known if it wasn't already. =]

Marth
05-11-2007, 05:50 AM
*Feint- Only works when the foe uses Protect or Detect. The Protect/Detect used by the opponent does still count, meaning next turn the chances of it succeeding are halved.
(I haven't run into it in game. The discription just sounds odd.)

This one's easy.
It means that, if the opponent uses protect or detect, this move will hit.
However, if they use protect or detect again, it's accuracy will be halved as if the last one had worked correctly.

Just ran into an accidental thing in Diamond that I thought I'd mention.

I accidentally had my Latios use Protect against a Gastly. The Gastly used Curse and Protect didn't stop it.
Just letting it be known if it wasn't already. =]
Curse is self-affecting; those moves aren't protected or detected =s

Ataro
05-11-2007, 06:27 AM
Solarbeam isnt halved in sun, but it does take 2X more time to charge, Alos, I think that the freeze thing in sun might be right.

The freeze thing is correct, at least in the games. I used Ice Beam alot of times, but no freezing.

Blizzard hits 100% always with Hail in effect right?

Eraizaa-kun
05-11-2007, 02:10 PM

Unless that's new in D/P, I know Solarbeams in the rain have 1/2 the power and take the same amount of turns to charge.

But, again, I was talking about Pokemon Stadium 2 which is by the time Gold, Silver, and Crystal were releazed.

Rohypnol
05-11-2007, 02:41 PM
The freeze thing is correct, at least in the games. I used Ice Beam alot of times, but no freezing.

Blizzard hits 100% always with Hail in effect right?

Yes Blizzard always hits in Hail.

Volcanflame
05-12-2007, 12:35 AM
About Copycat, I think it's not only Enemy's move, but also the user's last move.

It was my Prinplup vs Bonsly. First turn: Prinplup used Metal Claw and Bonsly used Low Kick. Second turn: I switched my Prinplup to Roselia, Bonsly used Copycat and it was Low Kick.

So yeah, I think it's not only foe's last move, but I still need to confirm this.

-Volcan-

Leman
05-12-2007, 03:20 PM
What does the Down Load Ability do? On Serebii it says that it downloads the foe's highest stat, while in the Encyclopedia it says that it download gigves it +1 Atk if Def<SDef, and +1SAtk when SDef<Def. Which one is right?

Lucavi
05-12-2007, 06:34 PM
What does the Down Load Ability do? On Serebii it says that it downloads the foe's highest stat, while in the Encyclopedia it says that it download gigves it +1 Atk if Def<SDef, and +1SAtk when SDef<Def. Which one is right?

The encyclopedia is right. Also, if both defenses are equal, then it's selected randomly which stat (Atk or Satk) gets the boost

SiberianTiger
05-13-2007, 12:53 AM
The encyclopedia is right. Also, if both defenses are equal, then it's selected randomly which stat (Atk or Satk) gets the boost

I thought so.

~Isaiah

Eraizaa-kun
05-13-2007, 02:39 AM
Hmm...I remember knocking out many ghost pokemon because I would take out half their HP and they would use curse AFTERWARDS dropping their own HP to zero, however, I know read on the encyclopedia that if a ghost has half its HP or less, curse fails. Is that new in DP?

Subside
05-13-2007, 01:31 PM
One small thing that needs correcting in the encyclopeda;

Power Trick, serebii says that it swaps the users own Attack and Defense, whereas the Encyclopedia says that it swaps Attack and Defense stat boosters with it's Foe.

Which is right?

Marth
05-14-2007, 02:19 AM
One small thing that needs correcting in the encyclopeda;

Power Trick, serebii says that it swaps the users own Attack and Defense, whereas the Encyclopedia says that it swaps Attack and Defense stat boosters with it's Foe.

Which is right?
The Encyclopedia, don't trust Serebii, trust Smogon =)

Volcanflame
05-14-2007, 02:30 AM
About Copycat, I think it's not only Enemy's move, but also the user's last move.

It was my Prinplup vs Bonsly. First turn: Prinplup used Metal Claw and Bonsly used Low Kick. Second turn: I switched my Prinplup to Roselia, Bonsly used Copycat and it was Low Kick.

So yeah, I think it's not only foe's last move, but I still need to confirm this.

-Volcan-
^ Reposting this in case anyone missed it. I'm also sure about that.

-Volcan-

Marth
05-14-2007, 04:14 AM
^ Reposting this in case anyone missed it. I'm also sure about that.

-Volcan-
What about just "last move used when the user was on the field?"
Lucavi, please answer this question =)

Ataro
05-14-2007, 06:04 AM
Hmm...I remember knocking out many ghost pokemon because I would take out half their HP and they would use curse AFTERWARDS dropping their own HP to zero, however, I know read on the encyclopedia that if a ghost has half its HP or less, curse fails. Is that new in DP?

I think it's new.

Subside
05-14-2007, 12:30 PM
The Encyclopedia, don't trust Serebii, trust Smogon =)
Well thats just completely killed my Shuckle strat :[

Lucavi
05-14-2007, 05:08 PM
What about just "last move used when the user was on the field?"
Lucavi, please answer this question =)

I already have:

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1076749&postcount=5

Copycat copies the last move made, be it ally or foe

Eraizaa-kun
05-14-2007, 11:50 PM

Leman
05-15-2007, 01:07 AM

Four word rule. Tsk tsk.

It must be new, because it wasn't here in the earlier games.

Eraizaa-kun
05-20-2007, 07:49 PM
Here's one that I've been wondering about for a long time.

Ever since RBY, I've noticed that Ditto recieve less damage after transforming. One RSE, this small detail was still there. Now on Pearl, the ditto became faster after transforming. This leads to the conclusion that tranforming alters the pokemon's stats.

Has anyone noticed this? and if so, How are the stats altered?

~Falcon~
05-20-2007, 08:34 PM

No i think the thing is the same, because in my pearl I fought a gastly that killed itself with curse

Rohypnol
05-27-2007, 11:38 PM
I saw this in my Diamond version so I thought I'd post this here so the refs would know.

In R/S/E, if there is a Sandstorm/Hail and one pokemon fainted, the trainer would send in their next mon and then the damage from the Sandstorm/Hail would be dealt to both pokemon.

In D/P, if there is a Sandstorm/Hail and one pokemon fainted, the pokemon that fainted the other mon would take damage from the Sandstorm/Hail and then the next mon would be sent. So essentially, the new mon sent would still be at 100% unless it had been damaged already.

Leman
05-27-2007, 11:59 PM
I saw this in my Diamond version so I thought I'd post this here so the refs would know.

In R/S/E, if there is a Sandstorm/Hail and one pokemon fainted, the trainer would send in their next mon and then the damage from the Sandstorm/Hail would be dealt to both pokemon.

In D/P, if there is a Sandstorm/Hail and one pokemon fainted, the pokemon that fainted the other mon would take damage from the Sandstorm/Hail and then the next mon would be sent. So essentially, the new mon sent would still be at 100% unless it had been damaged already.

Yeah, and in double battles something like that happens. Like Pokemon A and Pokemon C vs Pokemon B, and Pokemon D, if pokemon A kills Pokemon B, and Pokemon C uses something like Razor Leaf, but is slower than Pokemon A, it will only hi Pokemon D.

Does that make sense?

Marth
05-28-2007, 03:18 AM
Esentially, in DP the turn ends before sending the new Pokémon... right?

Rohypnol
05-28-2007, 03:21 AM
Esentially, in DP the turn ends before sending the new Pokémon... right?
Yeah that's basically it.

Eraizaa-kun
05-28-2007, 07:06 PM
Here's a new one. Delcatty's Normalize ability would turn a Toxic attack from Poison type to Normal type, does this mean that it can be use to poison a Steel type or a Poison type?

Leman
05-28-2007, 08:59 PM
Here's a new one. Delcatty's Normalize ability would turn a Toxic attack from Poison type to Normal type, does this mean that it can be use to poison a Steel type or a Poison type?

Probably not, since, Steel types cant be poisoned by twinneedle.

DarkGardevoir
05-29-2007, 04:54 PM
Probably not, since, Steel types cant be poisoned by twinneedle.

Actually, steel can be poisoned by any attack that isn't poison type, namely twinneedle. But Delcatty's trait makes his toxic move normal, so technically it should poison any steel type. Someone should definitively try this on Netbattle or somewhere else

Marth
05-29-2007, 07:32 PM
"
The only good news comes in the form of non-damaging attacks becoming Normal as well, since Thunder Wave will work on Ground Pokenom and probably Pokemon that absorb Electric attacks as well; Steels and probably Poison appear to still be immune to Normal-typed Toxic, though."

Smogon =s

FireflyK
05-29-2007, 08:38 PM
"
The only good news comes in the form of non-damaging attacks becoming Normal as well, since Thunder Wave will work on Ground Pokenom and probably Pokemon that absorb Electric attacks as well; Steels and probably Poison appear to still be immune to Normal-typed Toxic, though."

Smogon =s

Hmm.... How odd. o.0;
So even a Normal type attack can't poison a steel..
But a Normal type attack can paralyze a Ground?
o.0; How strange. Have these both been tested? ^^;

Eraizaa-kun
05-30-2007, 03:06 AM
Got another one:

Under what conditions does "Copycat" fails?

I know it fails if it is the first attack used and there is no attack before it, if the last attack failed due to confusion or paralizis, if the attack copied was Helping hand...That's all I can remember.

I also know that if the opponent is asleep then Copycat turns into the last attack performed by the user.

Fenix
05-30-2007, 03:39 AM
Hmm.... How odd. o.0;
So even a Normal type attack can't poison a steel..
But a Normal type attack can paralyze a Ground?
o.0; How strange. Have these both been tested? ^^;

Actually, it's not strange at all. The paralysis condition itself has nothing to do with the Electric type, of which Ground holds immunity. Look at Body Slam, for example. That can paralyze a Ground type Pokemon- same holds true for a Normal type Thunder Wave. Ground is immune to Electric- not paralysis.

However, Steel is immune to the Poison type as well as the poison status. I cannot say with 100% positivity, but since Steel types cannot be poisoned under regular conditions, changing the type of the attack should not change that.

I wonder if the same could be said about Fire types and burn status from Delcatty. Although a Delcatty catching Will-o-Wisp with Assist against a Fire type Pokemon is far less likely than a Delcatty having TM Toxic on it against a Poison or Steel type, it is still possible.

DarkGardevoir
05-30-2007, 04:48 PM
Actually, it's not strange at all. The paralysis condition itself has nothing to do with the Electric type, of which Ground holds immunity. Look at Body Slam, for example. That can paralyze a Ground type Pokemon- same holds true for a Normal type Thunder Wave. Ground is immune to Electric- not paralysis.

However, Steel is immune to the Poison type as well as the poison status. I cannot say with 100% positivity, but since Steel types cannot be poisoned under regular conditions, changing the type of the attack should not change that.

I wonder if the same could be said about Fire types and burn status from Delcatty. Although a Delcatty catching Will-o-Wisp with Assist against a Fire type Pokemon is far less likely than a Delcatty having TM Toxic on it against a Poison or Steel type, it is still possible.

but actually, steels aren't immune to poison, or twinneedle wouldn't poison them. Am I wrong?

Anyways, it's quite weird anyways

SiberianTiger
05-30-2007, 06:42 PM
but actually, steels aren't immune to poison, or twinneedle wouldn't poison them. Am I wrong?

Anyways, it's quite weird anyways

Steel types are immune to poison and Twinneedle can't poison them either.

~Isaiah

Loyal Arcanine
05-30-2007, 08:16 PM
Steel types are immune to poison and Twinneedle can't poison them either.

~Isaiah
Twineedle can poison them. Unless that changed in DP.