PDA

View Full Version : PmD - POkemon Mystery Dungeon - Boring?

Ataro
01-08-2007, 03:15 PM
Hey, this thread is set up for discussing the good and bad points that each of you like/hate the game.

But I personally hate it. It's like so boring, walking up dungeons everytime you play...I really regret buying! I actually wanted to bought this very old version: silver but the sales assistant told me 'too old, out of stock', OMG that game was fantastic how can it be sold out!!!???:sad: :sad: :dazed: :dazed:

dragonite rulez
01-08-2007, 06:19 PM
what are u sayin it's amazing but it does have it's bad points but it is worth it :happy:

Hoshika
01-08-2007, 09:05 PM
I don't think this is a good place to critique it...

I don't think you're supposed to do this either. @_@

Lucky Flareon
01-08-2007, 11:25 PM
Meh, if you actually critique it, I'm sure it's fine.

I found the game incredibly addictive at first, but after a while, all the dungeons start to become pretty much the same thing. In fact, the game is starting to become just as effective at putting me to sleep as an assigned book for my English class. Everything is a bit too repetitive for my taste.

charmeleonblaze
01-08-2007, 11:31 PM
Dude this game rox! How could u say that? I'm gonna smack u!

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
01-08-2007, 11:58 PM
Until I finished the whole game and all the sub-missions and stuff, I thought it was absolutely amazing and was liking it better than the normal Pokemon games, but I don't play it much anymore because there's not much left to do, and doing random missions over and over does get tiresome eventually.

I'm sure after I've had a break from it I'll get back into it though.

Hoshika
01-09-2007, 12:01 AM
Until I finished the whole game and all the sub-missions and stuff, I thought it was absolutely amazing and was liking it better than the normal Pokemon games, but I don't play it much anymore because there's not much left to do, and doing random missions over and over does get tiresome eventually.

It still is fun to gloat at people that you beat every single aspect of the game. But nobody cares... except Pokémon fans. And the occasional gnome!

I'll say that it's too tedious of a job to get rescued. @_@

Leman
01-09-2007, 12:02 AM

The story was fun, but after all of that is over it becomes sorta boring.

Cainer
01-09-2007, 12:57 AM
I played it for the first month or two, but then it did get a bit boring. Then I got Red Rescue Team for Christmas, so now I'm back to playing it. I'm trying to recruit all the Pokemon to stop myself from getting bored again, and it's working.

Ataro
01-09-2007, 05:49 AM
I am like never going to play that game again..It gives me the creeps, I just don't like the way the game is designed, I still prefer the normal games like red,ruby,blue,silver,emerald..

AshMistyMayfan
01-09-2007, 09:59 PM
No way. Granted I have put the game down past couple of months, but I'm going to play again and get the rest of the Pokemon! The missions have been fun:happy:

Max is enjoying his life as a Pokemon while May is in Johto for the contests. (Just a teaser on what really happened to Max.)

Alex the Charmander
01-10-2007, 03:41 AM
dude! this game is awsome! I mean, there's actually stuff to DO post game(unlike my leaf green), get surf then go to pokemon square and see what happens.

lugia_ho-oh
01-10-2007, 03:49 AM
I bought last Saturday when it was sale for $18.00 (score! :banana: ) I already been through the becoming a fugitive and proving your inocant and all that other crud. I finally had that dream where Gardevoir tells you that you have a 'role' to play as a poke. Brfore that I though it was over. It's pretty good, it seem kinda short, though. But nevre the less a fun game. I would'nt nessacarily pay full price of 30 bucks for it, but it was well worth 18.

Ataro
01-10-2007, 06:19 AM
I bought the game in Singapore for $58+, manxx, it's not worth it!! now, i just let my sister play that game...:susp:

Ok ok, I will stop scolding the game..Hey, those people who liked this game, you have played until which part?

I have played until the part where I can evolve 'myself', LOL...
Well, after I had evolved me-Mudkip to the final stage, I evolved my partner-Torchic to the final stage too and finally my 3rd pokemon- the Magnemite who asked to join me.

Manz, Magnemite was the hardest to level up, but after I evolved all of them and completed 2 more new dungeons, I finally stopped.

I am just waiting to played pokemon Ruby again, I am just waiting for my sister to play finish.

WOOHOo..:oops:

Neo Emolga
01-10-2007, 01:51 PM
The story behind the game is awesome. Honestly, I would have liked it better if they made the story much longer and just added the stuff that happens after the credits roll into the main storyline itself.

Best formula would be like this:

- Loads of stuff to do, enlongated storyline. Include the stuff that happens after the credits roll into the main story. Let the whole falling star thing happen at the WAY end.

- Like Final Fantasy 7, you have pretty much an infinite amount of time before approaching the final boss (could still be Rayquaza). However, like Final Fantasy 7, there's no going back once you advance toward the final boss. Here, if you want to complete the game, then go to Sky Tower. But, if you'd rather hang around longer and do some other fun stuff on the side, that's up to you.

- Even the ending wouldn't be that hard to compromise. You perform your role as a Pokemon, but instead, you don't get the choice to back, and the story ends there. Keep some soft but heartfelt message like "You'll always be with me in my heart <Insert Buddy Pokemon name here>. That's one friendship that can never be broken." (How dramatic! :P)

Also, another setup I would have liked to see implemented:

Set it up like Golden Sun, where you move along a map.

- I find it strange that it seems to take days of hard and rigorous traveling for you and your partner to avoid pursuit after being branded as fugitives, but then you can eaisly access those same areas later on with virtually no problem what so ever. Weird, eh? I honestly think it would be better to travel the whole distance again, but of course have ways that make it easier.

- Have multiple towns for loads of variety, and have areas where you need to have some kind of item or ability to advance in some areas. Honestly, yeah, you could use the HMs again, but those have been used so many times. Something new would be nice and appreciated.

- Have plenty of fun activities on the side that don't really affect the main storyline, but are there for fun and can also yeild items, money, or something else that's good and can help later on in the game. The Golden Saucer in Final Fantasy 7 is the PERFECT example of this. I'd love to see something like that again.

- When you have a map, you can have loads of hidden areas. Not to mention in game puzzles (like ones that involve some thinking, such as the rolling log puzzles that appear in Golden Sun) for some extra variance.

Now that would be my dream game. PMD is still really good, but once you've done everything at least several times over, it does lose it's thrill, unfortunately...

Ataro
01-10-2007, 02:27 PM
Wow!:surp: That's a long reply...haha

Neo Emolga
01-10-2007, 03:02 PM
Wow!:surp: That's a long reply...haha

Sometimes when I get good ideas going... it can get quite long... :P

~Falcon~
01-10-2007, 03:26 PM
i got it for christmas and its a really good game but im mad at it right now cause i forgot to put all my money back in the bank and i lost it all -.- but im not to far after rayquaza so i dont really know if it get boring right now if i wasnt mad at it id be playing it or emerald

_mudkip_girl_
01-10-2007, 09:29 PM
i got it on the first day it came out in the US. I've already beaten the game and recruited all the bosses.

lugia_ho-oh
01-11-2007, 03:53 AM
I'm a pikachu and I have a Chikorita buddy, both level 25. Aren't I supposed to evolve?
@Neo: You sure do know your games....

Ataro
01-11-2007, 06:08 AM
YOu must go deposit one more pokemon in their Home, then having only one pokemon, head off to the Whiscash Pond and go into the hole. Then they will ask you if you want to evolve.

silverfrost
01-11-2007, 06:22 PM
Yeah, I know what you guys mean about it getting boring. I like the storyline a lot, but I think that it should've been a bit longer than it was. Now, I'm at the point where I have the pokemon I want and have beaten the bosses, so it's beginning to feel repetitive.

Xalapeno
01-11-2007, 07:24 PM
In case you haven't noticed all games get boring after a while.
I got bored and played sometimes.My sapphire got boring and then I started PMD and then I got bored of that.Now I'm back to playing Sapphire.Then I lost my PMD and got bored of sapphire.Then I found PMD and I'm playing both of them again.

It's funny how life shoves stuff into your face.Ever hear the saying:It's better to have something then nothing at all.?

Yeah thats kinda how life treats me.I have something and I wish I didn't have it.Then its gone and I miss it.Then I get it again and same thing happens again.Except I don't lose it.I just forget about it till I want it again.

SpazzedOutRayquaza
01-12-2007, 06:31 AM
Pros:
Awesome gameplay
Battle format
Music
Trainerless pokemon game
Battle style
Graphics
Storyline
Friend rescues

Cons:
Repetitive dungeon layout
Not much to do outside dungeons
Gets boring

Ataro
01-13-2007, 04:19 AM
In case you haven't noticed all games get boring after a while.
I got bored and played sometimes.My sapphire got boring and then I started PMD and then I got bored of that.Now I'm back to playing Sapphire.Then I lost my PMD and got bored of sapphire.Then I found PMD and I'm playing both of them again.

It's funny how life shoves stuff into your face.Ever hear the saying:It's better to have something then nothing at all.?

Yeah thats kinda how life treats me.I have something and I wish I didn't have it.Then its gone and I miss it.Then I get it again and same thing happens again.Except I don't lose it.I just forget about it till I want it again.

HOw could u get bored!?
I never get bored when playing Gold/Ruby/EMerald/Red/Blue/Yellow games..those are much more cooler and interesting then Pokemon MYstery Dungeon...

Xalapeno
01-13-2007, 09:27 PM
well I've all ready got a ton of Lv. 100 and just going into the elite four over and over again just gets boring.
I have beat everything in it.The battle tower is my worst enemy.
I hate it.But it is cool when I'm bored.I just go waste my time in it and
sometimes enjoy it other times I hate it.

Does that answer your question?

Espeon EX
01-13-2007, 09:31 PM
Mystery dungeon is one of the best pokemon games i've played and once i beaten the game, i trained EVERY SINGLE one of my pokemon until their at levels 50-70 and i make little teams. Y'know theres more than just going into dungeons.

Alex the Charmander
01-14-2007, 04:45 AM
HOw could u get bored!?
I never get bored when playing Gold/Ruby/EMerald/Red/Blue/Yellow games..those are much more cooler and interesting then Pokemon MYstery Dungeon...

FYI, PMD was way better than any of those in my opinion.

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q53/keemee4/diagram.jpg

MD does have some better graphics, but the battle sprites are very nice...

risrilla
01-14-2007, 05:12 AM
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is one of the greatest Pokemon games I've played, actually. I got it the day it came out, beat the game (well, half...Somewhere in the middle after you beat Rayquaza), and it's still not boring to me. Teehee...It's much easier using wondermail generater to get the things I need like Joy Seeds.

01-14-2007, 05:58 PM
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is one of the greatest Pokemon games I've played, actually. I got it the day it came out, beat the game (well, half...Somewhere in the middle after you beat Rayquaza), and it's still not boring to me. Teehee...It's much easier using wondermail generater to get the things I need like Joy Seeds.

same with me:happy: