PDA

View Full Version : Suspended

koolcurtis
07-18-2004, 07:57 PM
Dapkmguy has been suspended under suspicion of cheating. Mods will figure what to do and come up with a verdict. Until then dap can't battle or ref or approve anything.

*edit- Dap has been cleared of all charges because of a misunderstanding. please do not get the wrong impression about him. thank you.
~Jack~

HKim
07-18-2004, 10:18 PM
Curtis, I think that we should give Dap a fair trial. Present evidence regarding his innocence or guilt. I mean, that is the honorable thing to do.

Caite-chan
07-18-2004, 10:22 PM
I want a trial on Dap's behalf. I don't think this is far!!

Neo Emolga
07-18-2004, 10:41 PM
I can't deny that I was quite shocked upon seeing this. I often talk to Dap and he doesn't seem like the kind to cheat. I've done a lot of things for him and he's done a lot for me, and after the months we've spent helping each other out, never once did he seem like the kind to do something that would break the rules of the URPG.

Exactly how was Dap cheating? What rules was he breaking, Curtis?

And I agree with Harry. Give Dap a fair trial before you judge him. I'm sure this can be handled in a civilized manner.

stripeduck
07-18-2004, 10:53 PM
I agree with Shane and Neo Pikachu. What charges of cheating has Dap done.. I like to know. From the time I have met him, I have not sence any kind of cheating or sneaking around the rules from him.. I am very curious what has Dap really done? Yes, I agree.. A trial is a must, because that the only fair thing to do.. Whenever the trial is, I will be a part of it.

-Stripeduck-

Agent Orange
07-18-2004, 10:54 PM
No offense, but you have been throwing your weight around lately, and Dap is not someone I would accuse of cheating. I believe he is innocent untill proven guilty.

koolcurtis
07-18-2004, 10:55 PM
I already got my evidence in the team elite forum. TONS OF IT. I can easily copy/paste it over here, but of course he does get a chance to explain himself, but it very unlikely he can explain it cause this is his second time doing it. Even though it happened in december, doesn't mean i forgot what has happened.

Agent Orange
07-18-2004, 10:58 PM
Well, lets see it. I need proof before I judge Dap.

koolcurtis
07-18-2004, 11:14 PM
I found that his gardevoir didn't have TM Protect, but in the war battle he used in and at around that same time he edited his stats and it mysteriously apeared. Then i also noticed that kingdra's protect disapeared leaving behind a comma after rest. If you notice that the other tm's listed for his mon don't have a comma after their last tm except nidoking, kingdra, and dragonite. So in theory at least one tm from the other two were switched to another mon.

when leaving, he traded his poliwag away to magare. When he came back, he traded magre to get his poliwrath back with surf HM......since then he has been to the pkmart and bought these;
Focuspunch $5,500
Roar - $3,000
Attract $3,500{x3}
Curse $4,500
Protect $10,000
And now poliwrath has toxic, ice beam, and earthquake.... maybe he won them against gym leaders or had them but didn't use them....let me check.... Ok i checked and he hasn't battled a gym leader since he came back. Plus I can only find 1 gym battle he had, and that was before he left, so it's a couple months old, but he did win TM Earthquake. So that leaves the choice that he held on to them....for a couple months. YEAH RIGHT!

ok, i now checked his tm list to see how many tm's he got since the last time he was busted in december. He got a total of 78 new tm's and when u add them up, it comes to $387,500. His total wages earned from february to today is $15,500 and he wasn't that active battling people to earn the extra money. He has been to the mart and has bought these;
TM80 Thunderpunch - $5,000, TM29 Psychic - $5,000, TM06 Toxic - $4,000, Lileep and a water stone, Focuspunch $5,500, Roar - $3,000, Attract $3,500{x3}, Curse $4,500, Protect $10,000.
This doesn't add up to the grand total of tm's, and I know there is 4 months of i'm missing from december to march cause the old forum was deleted, but do u think he could have earned the rest of the money in 4 months? I'm pretty sure nothing really happened that much and he didn't earn $50k in reffing wages, and there was a time period that nothing happened when the forum was deleted. He's bought at the pkmart 3 times in this forum which is about 4 months old now.

And his tm psychic on electabuzz is gone also.

His TM shadow ball on mime is gone.

Blastoises stats in december:
Blastoise (Tidus)Shiny
Ability: Torrent- Ups WATER moves in a pinch.
Battles played- 69
Battles Won- 45
TMs/HMs taught- TM13 Ice Beam, TM 26 Earthquake, HM 03-Surf, TM06 Toxic, TM97 Brick Break

Current Stats:
Blastoise~-#Hellfish#-~
Ability: Torrent- Ups WATER moves in a pinch.
Battles played- 95
Battles Won- 70
Battles drawn- 0
TMs/HMs taught- Surf

Where's blastoise's tm's?

P.S. I have 3 copies of his stats. One from december, one with protect on kingdra, and the other with protect missing from kingdra and appearing on garvevoir.

Manjoume Jun
07-18-2004, 11:20 PM
But wait, aren't they two completely different Blastoise?
The top one is shiny, and the bottom one isn't.
He could've just traded.

koolcurtis
07-18-2004, 11:36 PM
I highly doubt he would trade his blastoise away and then battle with it 90 more times. I've already checked trades, and he didn't trade it. I've checked battles, and he hasn't done more than 20 battles.

Manjoume Jun
07-18-2004, 11:37 PM
What about it losing it's shiny status?

koolcurtis
07-18-2004, 11:41 PM
That's not the point. He changed his mon's names, but that's also not the point. Plus losing it's shiny isn't a crime.

Manjoume Jun
07-19-2004, 02:49 AM
I'm not saying it is, I'm just saying that it can't really be the same Blastoise if one is shiny and the other isn't.

I mean, how can a Pokťmon lose it's shiny status?

Hazy
07-19-2004, 04:36 AM
It's the URPG. I had a black and white Poliwag back in the day, then suddenly one day he was pink. Shiny doesn't affect anything in the URPG, so Dap was free to change it. I can confirm that it is the same Blastoise, as it was his starter and he would never trade it.
Alright, Dap is my friend and he knows it, so I feel terrible saying it. After what happened before, I thought he would've learned his lesson, but maybe not. I'm not making any judgements until Jon has had the chance to defend himself, but Curtis does have a lot of evidence. I saw it before and I can't help but be persauded. Right now, I consider him fully innocent and I just hope he has an explination. Good luck Dap, you know I wish you the best.
:ermm:

Phoenix004
07-19-2004, 05:11 AM
I've known Dap for quite a while. He's a great guy and he doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would cheat; especially if he'd already been accused at an earlier time.

No offence Curtis, but this "evidence" seems hardly conclusive. I'd like to hear what Dap has to say in his defence before I pass proper judgement on the matter, but Dap has been fairly active at times so why couldn't he have earned that money through battles and ref wages? Have you been monitoring all his battles? What about the previous forums? Dap has several badges which would get him TMs, and nothing is forcing him to use them straight away.

Also, despite their being very little point in deleting a TM, is there actually a rule against it?

Either way, is it really fair to ban Dap from the URPG in the middle of a War season without any confirmed evidence against him? I don't think so. For all we know this is just an attempt to set back Tri-blade in the war.

Jack of Clovers
07-19-2004, 06:19 AM
people are busted all the time. would you believe Ruben was a cheater? well he did. he admitted mistake and took the consequences. there are more but they remain to play the URPG and i won't be a name dropper.
for Dap, this is the second time it's happened. for me, you do the same crime twice here and get caught... that's it. im letting curtis handle this one since he found both these incidents himself and knows more about it.
and no one said anything about banning. this is suspension until everything is figured out and the real verdict is announced.

uh, so why is there a thread here anyway? :ermm:

~Jack~

AbXtreme
07-19-2004, 08:42 PM
when leaving, he traded his poliwag away to magare. When he came back, he traded magre to get his poliwrath back with surf HM......since then he has been to the pkmart and bought these;
Focuspunch $5,500
Roar - $3,000
Attract $3,500{x3}
Curse $4,500
Protect $10,000
And now poliwrath has toxic, ice beam, and earthquake.... maybe he won them against gym leaders or had them but didn't use them....let me check.... Ok i checked and he hasn't battled a gym leader since he came back. Plus I can only find 1 gym battle he had, and that was before he left, so it's a couple months old, but he did win TM Earthquake. So that leaves the choice that he held on to them....for a couple months. YEAH RIGHT!

Well since i'm Viridian Gym Leader i like to say that Dap Beaten my gym but that was long off. I Knew since he destroyed me and for that he gained Earthquake. :oops:

akdude
07-19-2004, 09:21 PM
Curt, u're my friend and all...But lately...U've been a real ass! I'm sorry, but this is bogus! I mean....anyone could make a mistake on their stats. Especially since the first pe2k was deleted. Even I had to redue my stats b/c I didn't save it. Dap prolly got confused about what TMs where on what pkmn. Or maybe remembered that it wasn't suppose to be there. BUT DAP DOES NOT CHEAT!

U NEED TO GIVE HIM A FAIR TRIAL! NOT JUST SUSPEND HIS ASS RIGHT ON THE SPOT! U NEED TO CHECK URSELF NEXT TIME CURT! U DON'T GO AROUND ACCUSING PPL OF CHEATING WHEN U HAVE NO PROOF!

U wanna know what I think? I think he didn't cheat. No...I think u wanted him suspended b/c u don't like him so u made up fake evidence!

I've spoken half my mind...I should go before I speak the rest of it.

Hazy
07-19-2004, 09:30 PM
Curt, u're my friend and all...But lately...U've been a real ass! I'm sorry, but this is bogus! I mean....anyone could make a mistake on their stats. Especially since the first pe2k was deleted. Even I had to redue my stats b/c I didn't save it. Dap prolly got confused about what TMs where on what pkmn. Or maybe remembered that it wasn't suppose to be there. BUT DAP DOES NOT CHEAT!

U NEED TO GIVE HIM A FAIR TRIAL! NOT JUST SUSPEND HIS ASS RIGHT ON THE SPOT! U NEED TO CHECK URSELF NEXT TIME CURT! U DON'T GO AROUND ACCUSING PPL OF CHEATING WHEN U HAVE NO PROOF!

U wanna know what I think? I think he didn't cheat. No...I think u wanted him suspended b/c u don't like him so u made up fake evidence!

I've spoken half my mind...I should go before I speak the rest of it.

You really should ak. Dont go getting yourself in trouble for Dap's mistake. I know we all hope Dap can explain himself, but shouting at Curtis and suggesting he's lying isn't going to help anything. I've seen the evidence myself, and I'm sorry, but with that and what happened in December combined, it looks pretty darn obvious. Let's just hope he can explain himself, but until then, leave it alone. Like Jack said, why is this thread even here? It just seems to be dragging Dap's good name through the dirt and giving people means to call Curtis a lier. Until Dap has had his say, I say we leave it alone. Just settle down a bit and let everybody involved explain themselves. :ermm:

~* Esper *~
07-20-2004, 01:02 AM
Actually, looking at the evidence, I think it's VERY fair that they suspended him. I think Dap's a really awesome guy, but maybe that's why he's so good at URPG, I dunno. And, AK, you need to seriously chill. Going all buck wild doesn't help Dap's case. I think your just jealous of Curtis, honestly. I think this should be put in the Trainer's Court (It prolly already has), and go from there. Curtis and Dap are both great people. Curtis has NO reason at all to lie.

The fact is, he was suspected and the proper person made a descision he thought fit. Of course, situation must have a trial, that's the fairest thing to do. I think someone like Harry, or Lep, or someone reasonable, and non-biased should be like a judge. And Curtis be the prosecutor, and Dap be the defendant. Then, both sides could call witnesses. I think that would be pretty cool.

akdude
07-20-2004, 08:12 AM
Then Looks like I shall correct my mistake on my stats.... :devious: I know Dap wouldn't attemp to cheat a second time...espcially after being caught before...we shall see what happens. :twisted:

Raddstealth316
07-20-2004, 10:05 PM
Okay when I saw this I was shocked, seriously. I come back after being missing for a couple of days due to an immense workload to find this.

Iím here to set the record straight. I can honestly swear that I didnít add any tms to my account or any money. Curtis I earn my money fairly, I have had a fair few gym battles so I got some thousands from that, didnít count that did you? No didnít think so. And unless you have tracked every battle I had since I returned you have no idea on the money situation. I have never cheated on money and never will, what would I gain from it huh? Iím not new to the urpg I donít desperately need mons or anything and I canít believe Iím being accused of this. Once upon a time when I was a noob I added a few tms to be my account but many knew of that and I promised never to do it again and I have kept my word. Those who know me well would know that I wouldnít do it.

And now this, I think I know what I am being accused of, moving tms from one mon to another. Yes I have done that but I can honestly swear again that I didnít know that I was Ďcheatingí. There is no rule in the urpg about not moving around tms. Some of you wonít believe me that I didnít know that it wasnít cheating but I donít care. As far as Iím concerned, this Ďdefenceí of mine is not done to please people but to pick up the remains of my reputation that has been to torn to shreds once again for a misunderstanding.

I personally got the information that we could switch tms from one mon to another from Harry and Iím not mentioning his name to get him into trouble as he did nothing wrong and is not involved in this, I am just using his name to give evidence. We were in a chatroom and the topic came up and I was asked if it was allowed and I said I wasnít sure but he said he thought it was. So I decided that harry was in a big enough position to know what he was talking about. I could of gone and asked the other urpg officals but I was impatient and that is a rash mistake that I admit to. With a few days till my war battle I decided that I should go along with it and switch tms around since a lot of my mons I didnít use and the tms would go to waste if I didnít move them and again I reaterise that I didnít know that it was illeagal.

So if what I did was cheating then I am sorry but I really didnít know. Thatís all my defence but if it is not good enough in you peopleís eyes and you still want to persecute me then thatís fine, I have said my bit and if that canít convince you then nothing I say will.
I can say though that I have always given 100% into this place. I have wanted to help out more and more and would I cheat on purpose if I were in these higher positions? No! I have a responsibility to set an example and I take it very seriously and I cannot believe that I can still be accused and even with all that evidence it really doesnít add up. I manage my money seriously and if I cannot explain it then it might be due to lack of updating but im not sure all I can ask is that you guys trust me but If I canít have that then what have I got?

People who know me will know that I wouldnít do it intentionally especially after I had gone into a similar incident when I was newish

I have a question to curtis though.

Have you been tailing me ever since our petty feud over you not posting a four word post minimum? I know being accused can make you angry but I apologised that time and if you are still holding a grudge then I really expected better. I can tell that you really want me out of the urpg. I thought we had put our differences behind us but obviously you donít give up on petty grudges. If you opened your eyes instead of always tailing me you would probably find others doing what Iím being accused off. I canít change the way you are but I thought you would have the maturity to first discuss this matter over pm or aim with me to see what my side of the story was instead of doing this publicly which will, even if I am proven innocent, will tarnish my reputation that I have worked so to get and tarnished for a misunderstanding.

I have nothing else to say. Thatís my defence and you can take it or leave it. A summary of what I said: it was a misunderstanding that I wasnít aware that moving around tms from one mon to another is illegal and that I have NEVER and I will say it again NEVER EVER cheated on money. Those who truly know me well will have read this and believed me as they would know that I wouldnít lie.

And ak donít get yourself into trouble over me. I donít want my friends getting into trouble over my mistake. Thanks to those who supported me, It means a lot knowing that not all of you think that Iím scum or whatever.

One last thing curtis: No matter how much you want me out of the urpg, it wonít happen. You can tail me all you want or go public like this but I donít care. I had expected more maturity from someone older than me, a mod, someone who I had started to respect but mehÖsome people are unpredictable I guessÖ

HKim
07-20-2004, 10:21 PM
Yes, Dap is right regarding the rules. Certain areas do need to be improved upon, especially regarding TMs. We need to make sure that people know what isn't allowed. I made the mistake of thinking that you could transfer the TMs from a gym mon, to the corresponding mon when you catch it. I didn't break that rule, but it was something I thought was allowed. Even now we have exceptions to the TM rules.

Ok, not sure how to word this.... Like, when Fire Red and Leaf Green come out, some Pokemon know moves that they could only learn via TM in the past. So... Ok, let me just give an example.
John has a Gengar in the URPG, he taught it the TM Nightmare. Well, in Fire Red / Leaf Green, Gengar learns Nightmare naturally so... Can he just place that TM back in his inventory or is he out a TM?
I personally think we should be allowed to place the TM's back in our inventory in all fairness. I mean, it wouldn't be right for a new person to come in and not have to worry about this, ya know?

good thought... um, uh.... and i don't have final word on this.
my idea would be that you taught it to the Pokemon, therefore it should stay on it. in the game, you can't take back TM's when the Pokemon tries to learn it naturally. i know by saying this, it might affect me too but that's the risk we take. on the other hand, i do see reasoning to the other side of the issue like it being unfair to waste our money. i think Flare should figure out what to do.

can see your point but still, buying TMs in the game is alot easier than saving up to buy them in the URPG. I know alot of people, like myself, who are very poor in the URPG and it takes awhile to get $5,000, muchless $10,000 up to buy a TM and then to see it wasted...
And, I don't just think this way because it effects me. Infact, it only effects me on like one mon, I think.
Oh well, it's just my oppinion. Let's wait and see what our fearless leader thinks.

I think that the TM should be taken down, because it's just a waste of money to waste it like that.

If your pokemon learns naturally when Fire Red / Leaf Green come into effect you are allow to get a refund on your TM. Please just post that you will need a refund. I want a record at least knowing it's there. The cashier then can hand you back your money.

If there are exceptions like this that aren't in the rules, then wouldn't there be possible other exceptions? The problem is, most people wouldn't know about them causing confusion. The rules need to be updated.

Phoenix004
07-20-2004, 10:30 PM
Go Dap! I don't know about anyone else, but I certainly believe in everything you just said. I'm sure you would never cheat to get money, as you have been on the URPG for quite a long time and in that time you have competed in several Gym battles and reffed quite a few battles (including one or two of mine).

I would also like to point out that no rule was stated in the URPG saying that you aren't allowed to move TMs around. I was also unaware that this was illegal.

Curtis' motives for bringing this up are also a matter for discussion. As I said in my previous post, I thought that Cutis may have done this to set back Tri-blade in the War. If this is true, then I think it's a cheap way to gain an advantage in the middle of a War season. If however, Curtis posted this because he has a personal grudge against Dap, I'd say that is a horrible thing to do just to get back at him for a petty argument which he apologised for. If you have a problem with Dap, Curtis, talk it over with him, don't punish Tri-blade.

It is also extremely suspicious that Curtis would know all this unless he was trying to get back at Dap for something. Why else would he keep checking Dap's trainer stats?

If I have mis-judged you curtis then I apologise. Dap's mistake was an easy one to make, and one which several other people have probably made in the past. I highly doubt that Dap is the first one to do this.

Manjoume Jun
07-20-2004, 10:46 PM
Now then, I'm afraid I don't now Dap very well, but I have heard quite a lot about him, and it has all been good.

I've also heard about that time a while back where he did something wrong on the URPG, but you'd think that he'd learn after something like that, nobody would be that stupid.

This sounds like a genuinely innocent mistake, and there really aren't any rules against it, so why should he be blamed?

Plus the evidence given by Curtis is rather mixed up and therefore not put together very well, nobody would try to single somebody out that much for a minor misdemeanour such as this.

What you said Dap, it all makes perfect sense. Nobody would be as stupid as Curtis is making you out to be, and this does sound like (from the evidence given by Dap of a past grudge) that this could be revenge on Curtis' behalf.

I hope that Dap can make it through this with as much support as possible because I know for a fact that I will be as supportive as possible.

akdude
07-20-2004, 10:52 PM
Dap...Everyone...I'm sorry for the way I acted. Lack of sleep for a week and a half makes me very cranky and I get upset or really pissed easily. And I'm sorry.

Dap...I believe u. It was an honest mistake. Anyone woulda made it. And Phoenix and Harry r right. There isn't a rule against switching TMs. So, these so called "charges" need to be droped and we move on with our life. Again...I'm sorry Dap.

And Curt....R u a stalker or something? I know no one who would continually check on someones stats. I mean, yall musta had a pretty big arguement for u to accuse Dap of adding money and whatnot. Curt...U need to let things go. And go stalk someone else for a change. I'm sure there's a lot of other trainers out there who have or r doing the samething.

OH! Just incase yall were wondering about my last post...I changed my stats around.

Jack of Clovers
07-20-2004, 11:18 PM
switching TM's from one Pokemon to another... and you all thought that was legal???? there is no rule for this because it is COMMON SENSE. u teach that Pokemon a TM, it stays with that Pokemon, forever. i don't know where Hkim got the idea of moving TM's from but there is no, absolutely no moving TM's around your Pokemon. if you have been doing this, return all your TM's to the original Pokemon they were on, NOW. that's manditory.

this is why i didn't want it posted. arguments. the rest of this situation will be handled privately.

*locked*

~Jack~