PDA

View Full Version : What's Next?

BathedinBlue
01-13-2007, 01:34 AM
Diamond and Pearl are sure to be huge sellers, but what does everything think will come next? A third title for the Leafgreen/Firered series? A remake of Gold & Silver for the DS? And is the fourth generation going to be the last? Hmmmm......:susp:

dud3
01-13-2007, 01:37 AM
I dont know but there was a rumur about a month ago that pokemon will only last for about 2-3 more years.Also they will probally make a third title for the diamond and pearl series. Probally Pokemon Jade or something.

Espeon EX
01-13-2007, 01:42 AM
Diamond and Pearl are sure to be huge sellers, but what does everything think will come next? A third title for the Leafgreen/Firered series? A remake of Gold & Silver for the DS? And is the fourth generation going to be the last? Hmmmm......:susp:

Probably after D/P is PBR and probably some others....... then maybe pokemon opal which maybe giradina represent it. Probably it'll end after 5th generation. You'll never know for sure.

BrassIttoTower
01-13-2007, 01:48 AM
Sorry espeon, but WHY would they stop after the fifth!? It's a huge cashcow going almost on par with Mario, and above LoZ in the money charts. They've got a massively sucssessful anime series, and plenthora of TCG players to back it up. Pokemon will go on for a LONG time, thats for sure.

BathedinBlue
01-13-2007, 01:49 AM
+ The Pokemon franchise is like what? - a multi-billion dollar industry in both Japan and North America - what else can the come up with?. Plus with the capability to transfer all your Pokemon from Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Firered and Leafgreen to Diamond and Pearl using the DS. . . it just seems like a sign that the end is nyhe.

Espeon EX
01-13-2007, 01:52 AM
Sorry espeon, but WHY would they stop after the fifth!? It's a huge cashcow going almost on par with Mario, and above LoZ in the money charts. They've got a massively sucssessful anime series, and plenthora of TCG players to back it up. Pokemon will go on for a LONG time, thats for sure.

Well i hope so. I wish that when they run out of ideas, they'll probably have us make an idea and let the best 150 people's ideas a new generation. It may not happen. I have a whole lot of ideas so i think they should have more.

ZadokRox
01-13-2007, 02:05 AM
I seriously doubt that D/P will be the last of Pokemon. There's still plenty of type combos that hasn't been done yet (Bug/Electric; Fighting/Flying; Poison/Ice; etc).

As for what couuld be next, I agree that there'll probably be a DS remake of Gold/Silver then possibly a third 4th-gen Pokemon (and they better add alot more to this game than just some minor mixing of the original game and a big Battle Frontier at the end. Players are getting fed up with buying a game that's nothing more than a rehash of a game they got a year or two ago with some big thing added at the end).

I wouldn't be surprised if GameFreak tried to combine the third 4th-gen game with a Gold/Silver remake (possibly have the G/S game an unlockable after beating the third 4th-gen game).

BathedinBlue
01-13-2007, 02:21 AM
+ Yeah, the second generation is way over-due for some spotlight. A remake of Gold & Silver would be really great, hopefully they would even stick to the same Poke-dex (Chikorita to Celebi) and do what they did in Firered and Leafgreen - i.e. being able to catch 3rd or 4th (or even 1st) generation Pokemon after completing the Johto-dex or some other task. But this is a long time coming if ever.

Poltergeist
01-13-2007, 02:53 AM
Besides an obvious remake of D/P I was actually wondering would they make a Mystery Dungeon with the latest pokemon. What do you guys think? They might even have a new spinoff game as well......

Haunted Cereal Box
01-13-2007, 02:00 PM
well obviously pokemon battle revolution, but i think that a remake of G/C/S for DS

Megaingar
01-15-2007, 01:49 AM
I hope they'll make a G\S\C remake but probably not....
Maybe a sort of PBR for the DS

They will NOT shut the pokemon franchise down
It's almost the same [money wise] as Mario and is way ahead the rest of competition

It would be cool if they had a Super Smash Bros: Pokemon
With all pokemon battlers and balls and Wobbofet's counter!

Hauken
01-29-2007, 05:00 PM
I don't see it ending any time soon. However, I think we might have a
sort of reset.

A select group of pokemon being the new "first" generation, more like
a generation "A" than a generation 1.

They can then continue from there. If they don't, then there will definately
be a couple thousand pokemon to catch eventually.

Azumarill_056
01-29-2007, 06:32 PM
Personally I would love to see a remake of gold/silver as it was easily my favourite game and the Johto region is the best, plus they haven't released any new types in ages.

frondew
01-30-2007, 03:11 AM
well i hope its not the last gen. and i hope they make a third game like r/s then emerald,

i hope they call it onyx, that would be kool

lugia_ho-oh
01-30-2007, 04:03 AM
Well, the third follow-up of D/P for one. I would like it if they did a G/S remake, though.

Overclocked
01-30-2007, 05:45 AM
Mario's old but it's still in production. Personally I think that they should stop with him, they're all just remakes now.

Deoxys2000
01-30-2007, 09:37 AM
I'm Sure They'll Make Another Version Of Pokemon But Maybe After 1 Or 2 Years
Or Something. They'll Probably Make a New Version Of Pokemon D/P. Maybe, You Don't Know ?/?

Furyflame
01-30-2007, 11:24 PM
Pokemon cant end like this......no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

frondew
01-31-2007, 02:15 AM
y is every1 so sad that pokemon is comin out lol thats wut it sounds like

Mario's old but it's still in production. Personally I think that they should stop with him, they're all just remakes now.

no theyre NOT they have lots of diff games

BrassIttoTower
01-31-2007, 11:43 PM
Well i hope so. I wish that when they run out of ideas, they'll probably have us make an idea and let the best 150 people's ideas a new generation. It may not happen. I have a whole lot of ideas so i think they should have more.

You know espy, theres the thing caled the imagination. Not to mention a whole world of speices they haven't even scratched the surface on that they could base there pokemo off of. Koala pokemon, anyone? And don't bother wishing for Game Freak to actually exept fan's ideas for pokemon. They have enough inspiration to do finely on there own, thank you very much.

Shozuka
02-01-2007, 12:44 AM
Pokemon will be here for a long time.

Look at Mario. Over 20 years old. Pokemon has just begun compared to all of those other fads like The Legend of Zelda.

Expect at least 5 more generations.

Furyflame
02-01-2007, 01:13 AM
Pokemon is already half Mario's age then...........