PDA

View Full Version : The Shadow Gene... Discussion Thread

Draconic_Espeon
01-21-2007, 07:33 PM
Got a question or comment about the roleplay? Want to talk to someone and have your characters meet up? Here's where to post it.

~The Sign-Ups~ (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28631)

~The Roleplay~ (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29758)

The Legends and Who Plays Them

Zapdos- Erik(Draconic_Espeon)
Moltres- Nate(Eeveeking929)
Entei- Eneya(EmBreon)
Suicune- Kera(Draconic Umbreon)
Raikou- Reidou(Fireball Latios)
Rayquaza- Isaac(Crystal_Eon_Guardian)
Mewtwo- Played by Kaze Megami

Kaze
01-21-2007, 08:40 PM
Yay! I posted again; I introduced Charizardtwo because it was getting boring (and Charizardtwo is pretty)... Anyway, he and Mewtwo are heading toward Celadon now, Draconic_Espeon. If you want, I can wait until you can get Draconic_Umbreon to post, or whatever you had in mind. I don't want to start the thing too early.

Draconic_Espeon
01-21-2007, 08:53 PM
I'm going to call her (Draconic Umbreon) later and work on her post. It'll be up later today. She doesn't have internet, so I've been typing it and helping her with it. And thanks for the avatar- it's much better than the one I made. :oops:

Kaze
01-21-2007, 09:03 PM
I'm going to call her (Draconic Umbreon) later and work on her post. It'll be up later today. She doesn't have internet, so I've been typing it and helping her with it. And thanks for the avatar- it's much better than the one I made. :oops:

Alright. ^^ Let me know here whenever it's fine for me to come in. Meanwhile, I shall post just to post. XP

I'm glad you like the avatar, by the way. Once I've finished with requests, I could attempt a better banner for this roleplay. <<;

Draconic_Espeon
01-21-2007, 09:08 PM
You can if you want, but I like the one now. You're getting a lot of requests, anyway. I'm going to read your new Shadow Mist chapter here in a minute.

It is weird how similar The Shadow Gene and XD: Gale of Darkness is. I'd heard of the game, but never played it, and I didn't really know what it was about, either... ><

Kaze
01-21-2007, 11:08 PM
It is weird how similar The Shadow Gene and XD: Gale of Darkness is. I'd heard of the game, but never played it, and I didn't really know what it was about, either... ><

oo; Seriously? And all this time I thought that you'd based the roleplay off of the game, somewhat. So this all came about because you saw a picture of prettyful Shadow Lugia? I'm simply amazed. *bows to Draconic_Espeon's creativity*

Draconic_Espeon
01-21-2007, 11:40 PM
Not even quite that, either. The original 'Shadow Lugia' I envisioned was black. The Shadow Gene idea came around first, then I just made Lugia the ring leader after words. I have some weird ideas sometimes... Like the real life-ish Pokemon fanfiction I've been meaning to write, but haven't gotten around to yet. Although, that did have its basis come from a book, so its not completely my idea.

EDIT:

Very important that everyone reads this!

This is a list of what everyone's character can, and cannot, do in certain situations! Kapiche?

As a whole, everyone, with the proper training, will be able to morph between human and Pokemon forms. Each have their pros and cons. There is also an inbetween form, but no one will be achieving that until MUCH later, so you might as well not worry about it now.

Human: They, well, look human. They can't use actual attacks, but they can control their element if trained properly. Their more discreet, but not as powerful.

Pokemon: They are the Legend that they are reincarnated as. At first, they will only be able to achieve this form with Mewtwo's help, and should not do so until they have sufficient control as a human. They use actual Pokemon attacks, but are easier to track and the attacks are harder to control.

Individually, each have seperate abilities.

Zapdos(Erik): He is a bringer of storms, and controls natural lightning. He can do nothing with generated electricity.

Suicune(Kera): She is a mixture of ice and water. She can walk on any body of water, and can control fresh water, but not sea water. She can also create icicles and sheet ice on a lake.

Moltres(Nate): Anything fiery, he can control, but he's not so good with lava or volcanoes. He cannot create fire, though, and does best working together with Entei.

Entei(Eneya): She creates fire, but is not great at controlling it. Eventually, she'll be able to speak to fire as well. She can control lava and ignite earthquakes and volcanic eruptions, but not with the skill and procision of Groudon.

Raikou(Reidou): He's best with generated electricity, and can manipulate any kind of electricity better than Zapdos.

Rayquaza(Isaac): He is the master of the air. Tornadoes and other wind-based phenomena are his forte. He can knock anything he wants out of the sky, with enough practice.

Articuno: Articuno works with blizzards and snow, rather than ice, like Suicune.

Kyogre: He is the embodiment of the ocean, and can create hurricanes, whirlpools, and tidal waves, but has difficulty gaining control.

Groudon: He controls the land, and everything under it. He, like Kyogre, has difficulty with control, however.

M'kay? So don't go doing anything your character can't do!! None of you are Gods, simply Legends, and lesser ones at that. That's why our characters have to work together.

EmBreon
01-22-2007, 02:52 AM
Oh goody, thanks for the thread DE :happy:

Kaze Megami, I love you. You are doing awesome with Mewtwo. *thumbs up*

And DE, I have a question. I wasn't sure if you wanted me to leave the island or not. I can write my character having somekind of situation that requires her to leave, or if you plan on having Mewtwo meet her there, then I'll have her stay. Whatever you want. :wink:

Draconic_Espeon
01-22-2007, 09:05 PM
You can pretty much do what you want. It won't change anything, as far as I can tell.:neutral: The way it's looking from your last post, though, I would almost suggest leaving...

EmBreon
01-22-2007, 09:17 PM
haha, yeah. Well I made it short so it could have gone either way. But I just wanted to make sure in case you had something in particular planned.

Kaze
01-22-2007, 09:34 PM
I'm probably going to have Mewtwo meet up with Draconic_Espeon's character (and Draconic_Umbreon's) first. I'll post after I eat to where he's headed toward Celadon (where they are...correct?), and I think Draconic_Espeon was going to post something with one of the Legendaries... He could show up then.

Hmm... Lucky me; I have to go and find all of you, as well as train all of you. *glances around*

EDIT: Fear meeee! I posteeeddd. (Kaze have too much sugar. o_O) Bring Mew or the Lati's or whoever in. ^^

Draconic_Espeon
01-24-2007, 12:43 AM
The pwnsome Mew has come to fight the equally pwnsome Mewtwo. Who shall win in this epic battle of epic proportions, that just happens to be epic?

... Yes, I purposely over used the word 'epic'. But, you get the idea. Fwee, second page! Maybe this won't die like my first roleplay. THANK YOU Crystal_Eon_Guardian for posting. ^^

Lord Fedora
01-24-2007, 01:41 AM
Okay, DE, I dislike you now. You have mutilated one of my favorite pokemon, Mew, the only Legendary who I actually like putting in my team and don't just use as a trophy/dex completer! That was totally evil! I do NOT like you any more! I still like the RP, but not you.

FireBrawl Latios
01-24-2007, 05:02 AM
I have a bit of problem. You see, my character was outside on a Flygon, but Eeveeking929's char was indoors and tried to mention my char. I can't suddenly make my char indoors. Or is he relating to someone else?

EmBreon
01-24-2007, 04:31 PM
Okay, DE, I dislike you now. You have mutilated one of my favorite pokemon, Mew, the only Legendary who I actually like putting in my team and don't just use as a trophy/dex completer! That was totally evil! I do NOT like you any more! I still like the RP, but not you.

1: Relax, it's a role play. Besides, it's morphed in result of the gene, and as soon as it faints in battle, it will turn back to it's normal form. (Unless you haven't been paying attention to the plot) :tongue:
2: I find it rude of you to ridicule the RP's inventor.

I have a bit of problem. You see, my character was outside on a Flygon, but Eeveeking929's char was indoors and tried to mention my char. I can't suddenly make my char indoors. Or is he relating to someone else?

Yes I noticed that as well and I was confused. I think he just randomly started writing about your character.

Kaze
01-24-2007, 07:35 PM
The pwnsome Mew has come to fight the equally pwnsome Mewtwo. Who shall win in this epic battle of epic proportions, that just happens to be epic?

... Yes, I purposely over used the word 'epic'. But, you get the idea. Fwee, second page! Maybe this won't die like my first roleplay. THANK YOU Crystal_Eon_Guardian for posting. ^^

*glares* No, Mewtwo is more pwnsome than Mew. :tongue: That's 'cause I'm playing him. XD I'll post when I can, but at the latest it will be tomorrow morning...sorry. Science fair, school crap, and other junk are taking up my time.

Calm down, Eeveeking. There are others out there who actually hate Mew. Don't yell at her just because she changed Mew into a Shadow Pokemon. And, as Embreon said, it just needs to faint in battle before it's converted again.

D_E has other plans for the moment, so I may not get to do that... *cuddles Mewtwo*

Lord Fedora
01-24-2007, 08:57 PM

Sorry. I misread, I thought you had been brought inside. I'll fix it right now. Just explain the full situation to me.

Kaze
01-24-2007, 10:15 PM
I posttteeeddd! XD

Yeah... Mewtwo and Charizardtwo are ganging up on Mew 'cause they feel like it. Are Erik and Kera (I think that was her name...I have a bad memory when it comes to those things...) notice soon? I mean, it's kind of hard when a demonic cat, a sexy cat, and a big striped dragon are killing each other above their heads.

...Again, I'm very hyper. x_X;

Draconic_Espeon
01-25-2007, 12:30 AM
I'm sorry that I mutilated Mew. It was just too cute to only change the color. I had to do something. I'll probably morph Celebi and Jirachi, and any other overly cute 'mon like Jigglypuff. Or Dratini... *imagines Shadow Dratini and grins evilly*

Er, ahem. Right, other things... Yes, please change your post about a bit, Eeveeking. It's a simple misunderstanding, it happens all the time.

Erik and Kera will be noticing... Whenever I happen to post. >< Which will hopefully be a bit later.

Also, Fireball Latios, could I perhaps steal your 'doctor' later on in the roleplay? I have big plans for him. Don't name him for now, either.

Just so you all know, I won't be on tomorrow, but I'll be back on Friday. A lot, because we only have half a day. ^^

*mutters* And to think I have a friend who would yell at me for not at least giving Mew fangs and horns... ><

Random thought on a Shadow Mewtwo, not that it would happen, but.. White turns black, claws, dragon wings. Anything with dragon wings I automatically find cool, so yeah...

Kaze
01-25-2007, 10:25 AM
I'm sorry that I mutilated Mew. It was just too cute to only change the color. I had to do something. I'll probably morph Celebi and Jirachi, and any other overly cute 'mon like Jigglypuff. Or Dratini... *imagines Shadow Dratini and grins evilly*

Er, ahem. Right, other things... Yes, please change your post about a bit, Eeveeking. It's a simple misunderstanding, it happens all the time.

Erik and Kera will be noticing... Whenever I happen to post. >< Which will hopefully be a bit later.

Also, Fireball Latios, could I perhaps steal your 'doctor' later on in the roleplay? I have big plans for him. Don't name him for now, either.

Just so you all know, I won't be on tomorrow, but I'll be back on Friday. A lot, because we only have half a day. ^^

*mutters* And to think I have a friend who would yell at me for not at least giving Mew fangs and horns... ><

Random thought on a Shadow Mewtwo, not that it would happen, but.. White turns black, claws, dragon wings. Anything with dragon wings I automatically find cool, so yeah...

Ah, D_E has plans for the doctor. *ponders*

Black dragon wings...buahaha... Shadow Mewtwo sounds awesome! He's perfect the way he is, though. *cuddles Mewtwo* I'll post later today; hopefully I won't have as much homework as yesterday.

EDIT: I replied. I didn't know if the Pokemon are capable of knowing more than four moves as they do in the games, but I made it so that Mewtwo doesn't have Recover anyway. (Yes, I do realize that Recover won't take the poison away--Refresh does--but meh.) Mewtwo shall have to suffer and fall after chasing Mew off, but he'll at least look good doing it. XD

Draconic_Espeon
01-26-2007, 06:20 PM
That I do. It has to do with what I've been talking to you about. You might understand more if you read my newest PM carefully.

As for your post... Hopefully the PM explains that as well.

FireBrawl Latios
01-27-2007, 04:37 AM

That's fine with me.

Kaze
01-27-2007, 05:47 PM
That I do. It has to do with what I've been talking to you about. You might understand more if you read my newest PM carefully.

As for your post... Hopefully the PM explains that as well.

My newest four PMs. XD

Anyway, I finished the SAT and I'll post here shortly. ^_^ That was less painful than I thought.

Draconic_Espeon
01-29-2007, 12:48 AM
Nya, sorry guys. I forgot that I was going to my Grandma's this weekend. She doesn't have a comp, so yeah....

In any case, I'm happy 'cause I saw Pokemon Heroes over the weekend, and therefore like Latios and Latias much more... I love how much Altomere is like Venice, Italy. ^^ About the only thing I didn't like was that one of the evil people had an Espeon. Wouldn't an Umbreon have fit better? The REALLY weird thing is that its trainer's name was a variation of mine...

Back on subject, now that I have a full scope of the Lati's powers, I believe I can better use them. *grins evilly* I'll be posting afore I get off, too.

Kaze
01-31-2007, 10:40 PM
Nya, sorry guys. I forgot that I was going to my Grandma's this weekend. She doesn't have a comp, so yeah....

In any case, I'm happy 'cause I saw Pokemon Heroes over the weekend, and therefore like Latios and Latias much more... I love how much Altomere is like Venice, Italy. ^^ About the only thing I didn't like was that one of the evil people had an Espeon. Wouldn't an Umbreon have fit better? The REALLY weird thing is that its trainer's name was a variation of mine...

Back on subject, now that I have a full scope of the Lati's powers, I believe I can better use them. *grins evilly* I'll be posting afore I get off, too.

I've posted; are you going to keep your and Draconic_Umbreon's posts together from now on? Anyway, we can get to training these two; I have a place open for them to question Mewtwo. (He mentioned "true names", so they could ask him about that...) You can bring Rin in whenever (if that was her name...). I feel like bringing Pikachutwo in; I'll do that later on. ^_^

...Latios is so cool. ;_;

Draconic_Espeon
02-01-2007, 12:46 AM
M'kay, I'll read it, but probably not reply tonight. I don't think I have enough time. I won't be on tomorrow, either, due to a B Ball game, but maybe Friday? I won't have practice, because tomorrow is our last game. (Woot! ^^)

As far as Rin is concerned, well, we'll see. And yes, I'm combining them until/if Kera and Erik seperate at some point. It's just easier for me. :tongue:

Lord Fedora
02-02-2007, 10:23 PM
Hey Fireball atios, it just occured to me that Houndoom is a dark type. How did it get infected? Aren't Dark and Ghost Types immune?

EmBreon
02-03-2007, 04:16 AM
DE, your saving post is no problem. I was making it up as I went. The only plan I had thought up so far was for her to conveniently find a boat on the shore and go...I hadn't decided, but you saved me the trouble of writing a boring post, so thank you ^_^.

I far like your way better. <3

EDIT: Also, I'm not sure if you have something planned, so PM me if you do or don't. :) So I'm going to wait to post again.

FireBrawl Latios
02-03-2007, 12:51 PM
Hey Fireball atios, it just occured to me that Houndoom is a dark type. How did it get infected? Aren't Dark and Ghost Types immune?
If you haven't guessed that DarkFire is trying to protect Reidou, I am telling you now. BTW, no idea who Fireball atios is.

Kaze
02-03-2007, 12:54 PM
DarkFire! Yay! (Yes, I know all.)

I'll post later. Sorry. ^_^; Draconic_Espeon, just PM me if I need to bring Rai or Ryuu or someone else important in.

Lord Fedora
02-08-2007, 09:22 PM
If you haven't guessed that DarkFire is trying to protect Reidou, I am telling you now. BTW, no idea who Fireball atios is.

It was a typo genius. And I didn't know that the Houndoom was on our side. I only skim other people's sign-ups.

Kaze
02-08-2007, 10:09 PM
It was a typo genius. And I didn't know that the Houndoom was on our side. I only skim other people's sign-ups.

It would be best to read through at least most of it. >_>

Anyway, Draconic_Espeon, should I reveal the big thingy now? Or...make Mewtwo keep it a secret still? I wanted to know before I posted. ^_^

EmBreon
02-08-2007, 10:22 PM

Er...how do you plan on knowing what's going on if you merely skim? :neutral:

Anyway, I suppose I'll post anyhow if DE doesn't come back in the next day or two. <3
EDIT:^scratch that, I didn't realize she came back already :oops: ^

Kaze
02-11-2007, 01:05 AM
Anyway, Draconic_Espeon, should I reveal the big thingy now? Or...make Mewtwo keep it a secret still? I wanted to know before I posted. ^_^

I really need this question answered before I post, Draconic_Espeon. I didn't want to do anything stupid, even if it's probably not important. >_>

Draconic_Espeon
02-12-2007, 09:54 PM
You may. Sorry, I forgot about the Discussion Thread... :wall:

Let me ellaborate. And I think I spelled that wrong... Anyway, you may both post. By all means, reveal our secret project. If you don't, Steven will, so it makes no difference.

Erm, no, no characters other than Steven and the 'good doctor' need to be intoduced for now. So, yeah. I'll tell you when. And do you still want Rin? I'm assuming no one else will be joining, so I might be inserting more Legends.

And for everyone else's refernce, if you'd like to take any characters to play that are about to be revealed, you may. Unless they are already taken by Kaze.

Kaze
02-12-2007, 11:08 PM
You may. Sorry, I forgot about the Discussion Thread... :wall:

Let me ellaborate. And I think I spelled that wrong... Anyway, you may both post. By all means, reveal our secret project. If you don't, Steven will, so it makes no difference.

Erm, no, no characters other than Steven and the 'good doctor' need to be intoduced for now. So, yeah. I'll tell you when. And do you still want Rin? I'm assuming no one else will be joining, so I might be inserting more Legends.

And for everyone else's refernce, if you'd like to take any characters to play that are about to be revealed, you may. Unless they are already taken by Kaze.

I'll just have Rai and Ryuu. Everyone else can have the others after they've been revealed. ^_^ I'll post now, then.

Draconic_Espeon
02-12-2007, 11:34 PM
M'kay. I'm waiting for EmBreon to post before I do it myself. I'll try for tomorrow. I might not be on at all, though, and if not, I'll reply Wednsday. It all hinges on how much snow we actually get tonight, but they're saying something like 4-10 inches.

EmBreon
02-13-2007, 04:26 PM
M'kay. I'm waiting for EmBreon to post before I do it myself. I'll try for tomorrow. I might not be on at all, though, and if not, I'll reply Wednsday. It all hinges on how much snow we actually get tonight, but they're saying something like 4-10 inches.

Yeah, sorry again. I'll post later on today. I don't have the time right now and I don't want to rush together a crappy post. :oops:

Draconic_Espeon
02-13-2007, 05:20 PM
It's fine, EmBreon. I'll be on most of today anyway, thanks to the blizzard outside... :oops:

Kaze
02-13-2007, 05:30 PM
It's fine, EmBreon. I'll be on most of today anyway, thanks to the blizzard outside... :oops:

Same here. XD

Snow day, snow day... *dances* Anyway, should Mewtwo partially train these two, then move on and gather the others, or... Rather, I was thinking that Charizardtwo and a couple of other clones could find the other Reincarnated Legends. *shrugs*

Draconic_Espeon
02-13-2007, 05:57 PM
However you'd like to do it is fine with me. I'll be PMing Crystal Eon Guardian pretty soon to remind her of the roleplay. You'll probably want to get her character first, since Fireball Latios and Eeveeking have their characters with 'the good doctor', and EmBreon's character is with Steven.

Speaking of which... I'll be sending out a couple more Dark Legends in my next post, one to Nate and Reidou, the other to Eneya. We won't be changing them back just yet, but don't make the battle seem easy. They're Legends, after all.

EmBreon
02-14-2007, 02:55 AM
Alright, I finally posted. Sorry it was late, and short, I feel bad for keeping everyone waiting. :(

Anyway, I didn't know exactly where you wanted me to go with it DE, but once more people post I'll probably get some idea and go from there. :wink:

(:o @ this new dark legend twist)

FireBrawl Latios
02-14-2007, 01:18 PM
Sorry guys. For the next two weeks I won't be posting, because its CNY and I am going to the rural places for celebration; the week after that I am having tests. Happy Valentine's Day, people.

Draconic_Espeon
02-14-2007, 05:12 PM
It's alright, EmBreon, you didn't keep anyone waiting that long. Don't worry, you'll begin to get what's going on.

Okay, Fireball Latios, we'll try to keep you in here. We probably won't do much with Latios until you come back, only drive him away if nothing else.

Also, Kaze... The time has come for Rai and Ryuu to enter the roleplay. Ryuu will be taking Rin and Rai to meet Steven and Eneya halfawy between Pallet and Cinnabar, and that's when they'll be attacked by Latias. But, don't bring them in until Steven sees them.

Kaze
02-16-2007, 10:23 PM
Also, Kaze... The time has come for Rai and Ryuu to enter the roleplay. Ryuu will be taking Rin and Rai to meet Steven and Eneya halfawy between Pallet and Cinnabar, and that's when they'll be attacked by Latias. But, don't bring them in until Steven sees them.

Got it. ^_^

I need to know where everyone is at the moment... Mewtwo, Kera, and Erik are obviously in Celadon, but I'm unsure about everyone else. I'll skim the roleplay and try and figure that out. XD

FireBrawl Latios
02-26-2007, 08:44 AM
It turns out that the tests are next week, so expect my absence then. I actually designed my post, but since it isn't compatile with the one Draconic_Espeon posted, I have to come up with another one. Expect it to appear sometime this week.

Kaze
03-01-2007, 10:25 AM
Draconic_Espeon, I really want to post, but I'm a bit confused. I may be able to go ahead with Charizardtwo visiting...Issac, I think? However, I want to be able to post with Mewtwo as well... You'd have to have Erik and Kera reply, first... *dances around* I'm impatient. XD

Draconic_Espeon
03-02-2007, 11:31 PM
I think I was waiting for something... But at this point, I forgot what. 0_o I'll post here in a minute.

Off-Topic: You changed your User Name? Not by much, but... Short, sweet, and to the point, so to speak. ^^

Kaze
03-07-2007, 12:07 AM
I'll post tomorrow, at the latest (I need to work on Shadow Sky a little more). I'm kind of unsure what to do with everyone, though. I'm not sure what Ryuu and Rai will have to do, and Mewtwo doesn't really have anything to do, either. :ermm:

EmBreon
03-13-2007, 02:15 AM
Well, I would gladly post right now, but unfortunately I have absolutely no idea what's going on. ;P