PDA

View Full Version : Opinions: MRPG/URPG Related?

Scorch Ry
07-24-2004, 10:44 PM
Hello, everyone! This question is open for everyone to respond to, so I would like many opinions. But this message is really going out to Lil_Lep or Curtis.

Recently, I have been wanting to make a MegaRPG for my forums, Shiny Dragons 2004. But, I haven't started it up yet because I wanted to make sure that I wouldn't get banned from the URPG from copying.

This was how mine was going to go:
- Trainers could apply for a dragon-type pokemon as a starter. They would recieve 4 pokeballs, $4000, and a pokedex so they could record other Pokemon they could.

- The next thing was that the Trainers could make Empires in the Mixed Gangs/Clans section of my forums, where they could train together to become #1 teams throughout many tournaments throughout the years the forum is up.

- Trainers could write stories (dragon-type or dragon-related only), buy dragon-type pokemon or earn them through special events to gain the dragon-type pokemon needed for their Empires.

- There would be Action Rooms for the Trainers to bid on rare dragon-types, with some possibly a legendary pokemon for a bid.

- For battling, they would plan their teams out and create them. ~This part is still being sided upon~

There will be other things added, but I thought that these would be the major things that would relate to URPG. So, everyone is welcomed to tell me if this does or doesn't copy the URPG. Thanks.

Jack of Clovers
07-25-2004, 10:41 PM
only if it's the exact rules as the URPG will it be considered a copy. although, if ur in question still, it would help to look at the forum to judge it just to make u feel more confident in an answer.

~Jack~

Jhem
09-03-2004, 06:47 PM
Also, if we were to expand the URPG to another site, say, Serebii.net. Who (as in a person's name, SN, e-mail, anything) would you need permission from? I really think the URPG needs to get bigger. Seeing as how there always seems to be a surplus of people who want to battle, but almost nobody wants to ref, or can't because their messenger doesn't work or they don't have one.

I keep having visions of URPG being just oen big thing that everyone can do. And I would like to have Serebii have it aswell. Introduce it to the members who don't know what it is there, and let the people who do know actually start it.

Speaking of which, I wanna be a ref. Who do I go to?

Scorch Ry
09-03-2004, 06:50 PM
Well, since I am not doing this anymore (I thought of something better), I am asking for this to be closed. And Jhem, ask a ref and he/she will direct you to the person who will give Ref Tests. Thanks!

Tamer San
09-03-2004, 06:51 PM
Well, to become a ref you better read Perfect Reffing Methods in the Forum Battls sections and then take a test. Jack, Dap, Curtis, Flare, Marth, Nin and I guess some more are ref testers. You can aslo ask any ref to teach you if they agreed on it ^^

Jhem
09-03-2004, 08:10 PM
is there an easier, faster way to calculate the battle results? it took me like 15 minutes to do one round lol. how do other refs do it in like a minute

JohtoTrainer
09-03-2004, 08:15 PM
Refs do it fast because we've been doing it for awhile.

Jack of Clovers
09-04-2004, 06:00 AM
...old topic....
...and going off topic... :sweat:

and no, the URPG is not going to expand to different forums.

pertaining to refs, it's school time, things will be slower. the weekends are the best time to find refs for a battle.

JT is correct. practice. :biggrin:

*locked*

~Jack~