PDA

View Full Version : Diamond-Pearl Talk

Jack of Clovers
01-26-2007, 05:30 AM
It comes out officially in April. Some of us know some things, some more than others.

Let's talk about what changes are in store for the URPG.

~Jack~

Shady
01-26-2007, 05:40 AM
I really can't wait for the URPG to take on some of Diamond and Pearl's influences. More the changes to movesets than the new pokemon.

Catergorising individual moves into physical and special will be a great advantage to some. (Namely my future Butterfree xDD)

Marth
01-26-2007, 05:41 AM
Erm, someone suggested DP & "Stadium-DP" ruleset for when it comes out.
DP = Same as RSE, but the physical and special move types are taken in mind.
Stadium-DP (Until another name appears) = Same as DP, just send moves/mon over a IM.

Hypocrisy is Fun
01-26-2007, 06:06 AM
Haha, I wonder who's going to be the first to grab Aruseus after they win a contest or something.

Fossil Fusion
01-26-2007, 06:24 AM
I really cant wait for all the new moves and TMs that will come out. Im not bothered about the new Pokemon really XP

Btw i'm editing Marth's Calc this weekend so i get all the max stats in :D

Ultima Shadow
01-26-2007, 07:04 AM
Haha, I wonder who's going to be the first to grab Aruseus after they win a contest or something.

I wonder how Aruseus will work... would one have to buy the individual plates? Or could one just switch forms as seen fit? :o

DarkGardevoir
01-26-2007, 07:09 AM
More than aruseus, i'm wondering who'll be the first to get DarkRai.

And i can't wait to teach to my vulpix/ninetales calm mind >.<
Along with some other cool moves like Energy Ball...

And finally i'll start to use my togetic xD

Dr Scott
01-26-2007, 07:15 AM
Loads of more Dark Pokemon for me to add to my collection (I'm only missing Sableye, I think ^^).

Tha'ts what I'm mainly in it for.

DarkGardevoir
01-26-2007, 07:18 AM
Loads of more Dark Pokemon for me to add to my collection (I'm only missing Sableye, I think ^^).

Tha'ts what I'm mainly in it for.

*cheers scott*

Effectively, the new dark mons look pretty nice(Dorapion overcomes most of his weaknesses *ç*), but my love goes only for Biidaru, Togekiss, Garmeil and Beequeen

Dr Scott
01-26-2007, 07:22 AM
Honestly, they all look so weird ... I'm a Red/Blue/Yellow fan myself. And the legends ... I don't know, it's just not Pokemon-y anymore, I don't know how to explain it. I've heard the same thing from others, though.

And they haven't really fixed any big problems. I mean, sure Psychics aren't hugely powerful like they were in R/B/Y, but bugs still all but suck, like a few other of the groups. I want them to put out Pokemon that evens up all the groups, or something ...

But it's okay. After Dark I think I'm going after all the Dragons. XD

DarkGardevoir
01-26-2007, 07:24 AM
Honestly, they all look so weird ... I'm a Red/Blue/Yellow fan myself. And the legends ... I don't know, it's just not Pokemon-y anymore, I don't know how to explain it. I've heard the same thing from others, though.

And they haven't really fixed any big problems. I mean, sure Psychics aren't hugely powerful like they were in R/B/Y, but bugs still all but suck, like a few other of the groups. I want them to put out Pokemon that evens up all the groups, or something ...

gotta catch 'em all, right scott?

Gaia
01-26-2007, 07:34 AM
Well, with all the new Pokemon in store for us, how about we make another way to catch a Pokemon besides making stories and such. Maybe we could battle for a Pokemon or something. ^^;

DarkGardevoir
01-26-2007, 08:01 AM
Well, with all the new Pokemon in store for us, how about we make another way to catch a Pokemon besides making stories and such. Maybe we could battle for a Pokemon or something. ^^;

there was another way... or there's going to be... or something like that.

I remember someone was making a "park", but it's been a lot since something has been said about it.

and DU once bought up a Roleplay Season thing, or something like that. Is it ended?

Dr Scott
01-26-2007, 08:30 AM
Simply put, both died. Bron is too busy playing his little online games to worry about the URPG, and DU's RP just plain out died ... It never really garnered much success, not that it itself was bad, people just didn't post. Myself and Marth just waltzed through the challenge unopposed.

DarkGardevoir
01-26-2007, 08:38 AM
Too bad, it looked nice. Iwish I partecipated, but i'm not that good at writing(and i don't have much confidence in my skills)

Volcanflame
01-26-2007, 10:13 AM
The first thing I want from DP is Pochama! xD

I can't wait to write a story about that li'l cute penguin! :P

-Volcan-

Subside
01-26-2007, 12:20 PM
It's going to be very confusing for the refs at first and will take a while to get used to, im wondering if R/S/E rules will change, will we use the new moves but revert them to R/S/E rules? And the will the contests change?

I just want to evolve a few of my mons do their DP forms and grab a Sukatanku and Dorapion for my gym and i'll be happy.

I too will edit Marths calc for my own usage and anyone else that wants it when the english names for mons and attacks are announced.

infested88
01-26-2007, 02:47 PM
D/P has to be a style of it's own and maybe D/P's COL/Stadium would be called Battle Revolution or just Revolution? Anyways...

When we'd ref RSE (or GSC) and use D/P moves, we'd just stick to what type of attack it is.

Like the Alakazam line gets a new level up move called "Psycho Cutter". It's like a Psychic type Slash attack, but it's physical. We'd just still stick to it being special.

About all the new Pokemon - holy crapper, I'm excited! I'm definitely getting Dusclops' evolution for sure! OMG! He looks sooo cool and is gonna be sooo good! :D

And for sure, reffing for D/P will take time getting use to. It's going to be very interesting.

Can't wait. Shoot, I just can't wait to play the games myself...

Pichufan4
01-26-2007, 02:51 PM
i can wait till D/P is apart of URPG. My Misdreavus can become Muumajji (very good), Aipom can evolve in Etebossu (Holy Crap good!) and Togetic can evolve into Togekiss (holy freaking crap good!). I also wish to be the ghost gym for sinnoh so im also excited about that too. Glacia, and Flareon with Fire Fang are gonna rock!

Marth
01-26-2007, 02:56 PM
It's going to be very confusing for the refs at first and will take a while to get used to, im wondering if R/S/E rules will change, will we use the new moves but revert them to R/S/E rules? And the will the contests change?

I just want to evolve a few of my mons do their DP forms and grab a Sukatanku and Dorapion for my gym and i'll be happy.

I too will edit Marths calc for my own usage and anyone else that wants it when the english names for mons and attacks are announced.
Eh, don't worry about that, Yami, I'll update the calculator myself... but help is always appreciated. The other time I got the max list from a Panda in the URPG... this time it will have to be done manually.

22sa
01-26-2007, 02:59 PM
Changes?

The battle program will have to undergo huge editting or rewritten all together for D/P rules mode. Each element of attacks has 3 different types now (instead of the old two): Physical, Special, Other.

I love the change, now special type pokemon in the past whom have high attack power but low special attack power (which their type of attacks require for the boost) won't be annoying anymore because each element has both physical and special attacks!

8 new gyms will be added, I think. Maybe more depending on where the anime leads, but that comes later.

Some cool new pokemon in there, but what I'm really impressed/excited about is all the new attacks.

Ridley
01-26-2007, 03:06 PM
I'm mostly just looking forward to the extra Ghost types so I can add them to my gym.

Fuwaraido, Mikaruge, Yukimenoko, Rotomu, and evolve my Misdreavus and Dusclops into Muumajii and Yanowaaru.

lilbabydino
01-26-2007, 03:32 PM
Yeah, someone needs to set this all up, and explain everything.

And btw, from where do you guys know all this? LINK PLZ!!11!

.AzureLight
01-26-2007, 04:00 PM
I'll make a D/P calculator program thing, and I could probably start now, since stats are set in stone and such... :ermm:

22sa
01-26-2007, 04:13 PM
Yeah, someone needs to set this all up, and explain everything.

And btw, from where do you guys know all this? LINK PLZ!!11!
Goto serebii.net for D/P information.

Blazeiken12
01-26-2007, 04:15 PM
The first thing I want from DP is Pochama! xD

I can't wait to write a story about that li'l cute penguin! :P

-Volcan-I'm going type a 15 page 55 charcters for a double capture of both Hikozaru and Korinku!

Subside
01-26-2007, 04:51 PM
Eh, don't worry about that, Yami, I'll update the calculator myself... but help is always appreciated. The other time I got the max list from a Panda in the URPG... this time it will have to be done manually.
I was actually updating it for my own personally use, not to distribute to others :hand:

I actually had to update the version you gave me to make reffing easier for myself so bleh. XD

Marth
01-26-2007, 06:55 PM
I was actually updating it for my own personally use, not to distribute to others :hand:

I actually had to update the version you gave me to make reffing easier for myself so bleh. XD
Sperad the knowledge, Yami...and my version is fit for reffing...except for the speed, I know =P

Subside
01-26-2007, 07:40 PM
Eh, don't worry about that, Yami, I'll update the calculator myself

Sperad the knowledge, Yami

Erm, make your mind up? :D

Anywho back on topic, will it really take that long to implicate D/P into the URPG? once we have the english names, all that really needs to be done is deciding what mons will go in the mart, throw the TM's in the mart and maybe update the contests.

I'd say it would take a week tops, unless im overlooking something.

Seawolf
01-26-2007, 07:46 PM
I'm assuming the list of Pokemon in the Mart will have to be edited ... not only do D/P Pokemon have to be added, but I'm sure older ones from the other generations will also be taken off the list, since some have new evolutions and moves that will make them much better than they are now.

SiberianTiger
01-26-2007, 07:48 PM
My first order of business will be writing for Munchlax.

Yea reffing will be a bit different for D/P

~Isaiah

FireflyK
01-27-2007, 09:11 PM

Meh, I'm going to have to agree. :susp: The pokemon aren't really the same... They keep getting weirder and weirder. Like the 2 new eeveelutions. I get that new Eevee evos has become a tradition for every new version of the game, but the new ones are so bizarre. :\

Leman
01-27-2007, 09:26 PM
Meh, I'm going to have to agree. :susp: The pokemon aren't really the same... They keep getting weirder and weirder. Like the 2 new eeveelutions. I get that new Eevee evos has become a tradition for every new version of the game, but the new ones are so bizarre. :\

I like Glacia, Leafia is bad.

22sa
01-27-2007, 10:26 PM
Erm, make your mind up? :D

Anywho back on topic, will it really take that long to implicate D/P into the URPG? once we have the english names, all that really needs to be done is deciding what mons will go in the mart, throw the TM's in the mart and maybe update the contests.

If everything else is prepared beforehand, I guess it won't take long to integrate all the Pokemon names after the game comes out in America, yeah.

Gaia
01-27-2007, 11:43 PM
I'm assuming the list of Pokemon in the Mart will have to be edited ... not only do D/P Pokemon have to be added, but I'm sure older ones from the other generations will also be taken off the list, since some have new evolutions and moves that will make them much better than they are now.

I don't know about that, but imo the prices of Pokemon (with newfound evos) should go higher than it's current cost. I don't really want to see more Pokemon taken off the list. :P

For example, Dusclops already has a new evo, so increase it's price from $10000 to $12000. All the other rare Pokemon (Larvitar, Dratini, etc) also has an increase.

Espeon EX
01-27-2007, 11:48 PM
I don't know about that, but imo the prices of Pokemon (with newfound evos) should go higher than it's current cost. I don't really want to see more Pokemon taken off the list. :P

For example, Dusclops already has a new evo, so increase it's price from $10000 to $12000. All the other rare Pokemon (Larvitar, Dratini, etc) also has an increase.

I think they should add chatot for $7000, fukamaru for $10000, and some others to go with it.

Jack of Clovers
01-28-2007, 04:33 AM

That may be true. The hardest part will be figuring out the D/P battling, which I currently know almost nothing about. That's mainly why I made the thread.

~Jack~

Dr Scott
01-28-2007, 08:05 AM
Eh, but is it really a good thing for a new person to come in and get whiped out by everyone who challenges his gym? We have fresh off the boats who are just easily giving out their badges, no offense to them. Gym Leaders ARE special, better then the rest, and a step above that is the Elite Four. They are SUPPOSED to be a little bit hard.

Also, what about the fact taht there's no Dark gym? What are the people who like dark supposed to do? Doesn't seem taht fair for me.

Keep Orange Island, those are fun and original and I like those :-P.

If you are new and not that strong, do what I did back when there weren't any gym leaders (due to the fact that there were less gyms), FIGHT PEOPLE. Honestly, going against other trainers is the biggest help you can find. People don't need a easy pick-me-up when they battle our gym leaders, it doesn't help them to trounce someone. If you want to learn, then battle other members ...

There are too darn many, and there are more coming up. Too many people are gym leaders, period.

DU - Yeah, I did the double post. Trying to get over the posts relevant to the discussion over from the New Year, New Staff thread.

Dr Scott
01-28-2007, 08:06 AM
Little of us do, I've barely looked at hte info O-o

Oh, Jack, check out the "New Staff" thread :-P.

Blazeiken12
01-28-2007, 03:30 PM
I think they should add chatot for $7000, fukamaru for $10000, and some others to go with it.
FUkamaru is going to PWN win it turns into Gabrias!

Dr Scott
01-28-2007, 05:07 PM
Meh, it's called changing the title of the thread, Marthy boy :-P. No originality at all, I tell you ...

I think that the only reason people are against my idea is because they'd lose their little gym :-/. Honestly now, if you want a gym, then earn it. There's a reason I'm not a gym leader ... because I know I wouldn't be good enough. I do'nt do it just so I could say I was a gym leader.

Honestly now people, too many gyms!h

Thrall
01-28-2007, 05:11 PM
Meh, it's called changing the title of the thread, Marthy boy :-P. No originality at all, I tell you ...

I think that the only reason people are against my idea is because they'd lose their little gym :-/. Honestly now, if you want a gym, then earn it. There's a reason I'm not a gym leader ... because I know I wouldn't be good enough. I do'nt do it just so I could say I was a gym leader.

I actually like your idea Scott. It would make things alot easier. We have alot of gym types. If we had one gym of each type we'd know the best would be the gym leader because it would be so seclusive (typing).

Fenix
01-28-2007, 05:36 PM
In response to something Scott said in the "Nea Year, New Staff" thread, if you are so worried about a brand new trainer getting a gym and handing out badges, then don't accept them as a leader! It is as simple as that.

We already have the rule that applications are decided off of the best candidate, so theoretically the best trainer for the job should already be getting the gym instead of someone who does not know what is going on.

And about the dark gyms; so what? Yes, there is no dark gym in the games, so there is not one here. Isn't the URPG based roughly off of the games? If we just start inventing gyms for trainers who like a specific type it loses its official appeal.

Lots of trainers like lots of types, but that doesn't mean they should get a gym for it.

Sorry if that sounds mean, but that's what I think about the subject.

Also, no one addressed what I said in the other thread: if we do do the badge exchange (Ex, Saffron City Gym=Psychic Badge, etc), what about trainers who already have a badge of each type (other than dark)? Are they just done collecting badges?

And if we did not do the badge exchange, what about everyone who has badges? Was that all just a waste of time and now we have nothing to show for our efforts?

There is no easy answer to this, there is no solution as far as I can see, thus it should not pass because it has too many downfalls.

I do not think that this new system will work out at all and I hope that it does not pass.

Fenix
01-28-2007, 06:12 PM
I actually like your idea Scott. It would make things alot easier. We have alot of gym types. If we had one gym of each type we'd know the best would be the gym leader because it would be so seclusive (typing).

Things aren't supposed to be "easy" in the URPG, otherwise what would the point of it be?

And I personally don't think it is confusing to have a leader for each gym that was in the games. I mean, if someone has played the games they should be familiar with what gyms there are. It's as simple as that.

@ Scott: I'm not in danger of losing my gym, and I still don't like the idea. It's not about that to me anyway. It's about changing a system that already works, is already fun, and has its own unique challenges into a system that has a lot of problems and eliminates the fun of fighting so many leaders, just because a few people do not have gyms of a type they want and think it should be "easier" to get all of the badges. (One of the good things about having so many leaders is that you cannot get all of the badges at once; it makes it a challenge to adapt to each new team and find the leaders. In short, it makes trainers work beyond simply battling to gain a badge.)

Two of the things in particular that I have always thought made the URPG special are getting to use all of a Pokemon's attacks and having a chance to battle all of the gyms from each region.

DU~ Double post is my bad again. XD

Hypocrisy is Fun
01-28-2007, 06:37 PM
Yeah... Marth locked that other thread and no one answered my question..

I have a question. Many people have asked me if I can approve trades since I am an acceptor, meaning I can accept trade? I'm confused, so I thought I might as well just ask.

Marth
01-28-2007, 08:16 PM
Yeah... Marth locked that other thread and no one answered my question..
The rules are always at the first post of each thread:
"Trade Supervisors
All Moderators and Officials"

Marth
01-28-2007, 08:21 PM

I asked y'all to discuss this in the DP thread... it's discussion a bit more deep for the Related Chat.

DU ~ You can select a post and use the move option below. It's quite easy. XD

Hypocrisy is Fun
01-28-2007, 08:27 PM
I see, thank you sir.

Dr Scott
01-29-2007, 11:30 PM
Sorry, Marth, there are some thing I just skim ...

What is the point is having so many darn gyms, though? At least keep it down to just Johto / Kanto gyms. It'd also be a lot more tough to get a gym if there were less, which means that the gym's would be tougher to beat, which would make everything more competitive. If you want to have fun, then battle someone else to fun. Can't you 'adjust to different teams' and all that crap when you fight different trainers?

You say that the URPG is roughly based off the games ... well, riddle me this, what game has like 30+ gym leaders to wade through?

You say that they "select the best candidate," but no, they usually don't. It's mostly about 'first come, first serve' and trust me, I've been around a damn long time and that's how it goes. What ends up happening is someone ends up taking the gym that shouldn't **Look at May Norman, anyone with an electric type could beat her :-/**

What this would do is make it so that whomever would actually need to capture the 'mon from the gym they want, train them up, learn them before trying to become the leader. People are just picking gyms they like and shoving tons of "Rentals" in there, not even knowing much about the various types.

At the VERY LEAST, make it just Kanto/Johto + Orange Island gyms and raise the qualifications (Need to own 4 of the type of 'mon)

Badge Exchange, simple. Anyone who has two of a certain type can 'exchange' them in for dough. Now you can go about and get your own gym, or maybe go face the Elite Four! That is what they are for, you know.
And hey, if someone isn't ready for the Four after beating so many gyms, then I am right and the gyms DO need an overhaul.

It's a simple system, if we don't change we'll end up with 1/2 of the trainers having a gym.

Look, Fen, I don't have a problem with you, you're a cool guy. We just have differing opinions, it happens a lot :-P

Subside
01-29-2007, 11:46 PM
Ok my opinion on the matter is as follows.

Why do we have to take away gyms just so we can up the requirements? We should just up the requirements and wait for someone who is commited enough to get 3 or 4 mons of the same type to get the gym, who really cares if its left open for a week or two?

Getting rid of 8 of the gyms would also annoy people who have took the time to get all the badges from the Hoenn League, I'm half way through and it would greatly annoy me, we don't need to, we have very compitant leaders in all leagues apart from the odd one or two who slipped through the cracks, but i shant namedrop.

Elemental league? no. There is no dark gym, we have no need for one so stop asking for one. If it's not broken, don't fix it. The system we have now works fine and it would be too much of a kafuffle (lol) to change them all and make everyone get used to it. It would also annoy people with the same type gym's.

And FYI Scott, Fenix is female :D

infested88
01-30-2007, 12:20 AM
Sorry, Marth, there are some thing I just skim ...

What is the point is having so many darn gyms, though? At least keep it down to just Johto / Kanto gyms. It'd also be a lot more tough to get a gym if there were less, which means that the gym's would be tougher to beat, which would make everything more competitive. If you want to have fun, then battle someone else to fun. Can't you 'adjust to different teams' and all that crap when you fight different trainers?

Scott, the more gyms the tougher it would be. Like Fenix said, (and yes, she is a she, thanks for telling him that Phil) There are easier leaders for the newer members to the URPG to train off of. And you know how the new members are, right away they want to battle a gym leader. With the many differences in strengths and weaknesses a new member could take time to learn from the tougher leaders and get something from the not so tough ones as well.

You say that the URPG is roughly based off the games ... well, riddle me this, what game has like 30+ gym leaders to wade through?

It's called Gold, Silver, and Crystal. Sure, they don't have the Orange League - no game had, that's our own touch. But there's 16 leaders in there. And an elite 4. That's 20. At the time the new region and it's leaders weren't around. But the concept of those games were to combine all the regions together. Kind of like what we have.

You say that they "select the best candidate," but no, they usually don't. It's mostly about 'first come, first serve' and trust me, I've been around a damn long time and that's how it goes. What ends up happening is someone ends up taking the gym that shouldn't **Look at May Norman, anyone with an electric type could beat her :-/**

No, it's not usually first come first serve. From what I've seen, they usually do pick the best canidate from those of which applied. Yeah, May could get owned with an electric or anything really, but most Ice types are part Water.

What this would do is make it so that whomever would actually need to capture the 'mon from the gym they want, train them up, learn them before trying to become the leader. People are just picking gyms they like and shoving tons of "Rentals" in there, not even knowing much about the various types.

Not everyone that joins the URPG knows squat. There are some members that actually know what they're doing. And we have the rentals so that people have the chance to get use to the Pokemon in their gym, so before deciding on writing for a monster they'll no which ones they want for sure.

At the VERY LEAST, make it just Kanto/Johto + Orange Island gyms and raise the qualifications (Need to own 4 of the type of 'mon)

Ok thats 20 then. I'm sorry you don't want to add the other 8 because it's more gyms that would challenge you. And I know it's a problem that there's no Dark Gym. *sarcasm* Get over it.

Badge Exchange, simple. Anyone who has two of a certain type can 'exchange' them in for dough. Now you can go about and get your own gym, or maybe go face the Elite Four! That is what they are for, you know.
And hey, if someone isn't ready for the Four after beating so many gyms, then I am right and the gyms DO need an overhaul.

Badge Exchange is an incredibly stupid idea. Taking away all the time and effort people put into battling a certain trainer to get their badge, and then you take that away just for a certain "type" badge. I personally woudln't go for it. I'd be upset.

It's a simple system, if we don't change we'll end up with 1/2 of the trainers having a gym.
And the problem with that is...? And 28 people is definitely not half the URPG. (Not even 32 is, including the Elite 4.)

Look, Fen, I don't have a problem with you, you're a cool guy. We just have differing opinions, it happens a lot :-P

As stated twice already. Fenix is a girl. Hopefully the color helps.

So basically, I don't want see this passed. Fenix is strongly against it. And Phil is as well. I know that alot of other people wil be too.

An Elemental League would be silly, just because you want a Dark Gym and less of a challenge to hit the Elite 4. The URPG isn't going to change just for you and your vet status.

The URPG is good as it is. It doesn't need to be "spiced" up;, that's how you put it, right?

And as Fenix said:

There is no easy answer to this, there is no solution as far as I can see, thus it should not pass because it has too many downfalls.

I do not think that this new system will work out at all and I hope that it does not pass.

I totally agree.

Dr Scott
01-30-2007, 12:29 AM
See, I have no problems arguing with people who understand it. But then there are people who have to go about and be jerks about it.

First off, I'm sorry I didn't know that Fenix was a girl. I don't make it my thing to know the gender of everyone person in pe2k, I'm sorry but it's true. A simple mistake, you don't have to be an ass about it.

Second off, I'm not going about thinking that you all have to change just for me, no, I'm not like that. I don't think that just because I'm an older member of the group that everything has to change just for me. I never have and I never will, but that doesn't mean that I won't argue something I believe in.

Thirdly off, I don't even want a dark gym that badly, I just think that having one of each type would be nice. We're the URPG, not gameboy games, my point was that we didn't have to do everything like the games, and that soon we'll have even more of the same from the D/P gyms. To use creativity to make our own little league.

I see where you all are coming from, and I'll just agree that we don't really need one. It was ... well okay, I'll bold this because it seems that infested has some problems understanding ... an idea. Ideas are introduced all of the time, nothing would change if they wouldn't.

You were really an ass about it, though. There is a right way and a wrong way to say things, Raik chose the wrong way. Immaturity really does take the potency from your comments.

Subside
01-30-2007, 12:37 AM
Nothing like a bit of Drama :D

Sure idea's are good Scott, but everyone has an opinion so by posting an idea the public are going to give you their opinion on it, it just so happens that people felt strongly against your idea.

Secondly, Infested and Fenix are best friends in real life and therefore very protective of eachother, yes it was an easy mistake, but meh go figure.

Personally, i hope the we do keep all the current gyms and add the ones from D/P. Things would get boring after i get all the ones from the current leagues and it would give me something else to aim for.

FireflyK
01-30-2007, 12:44 AM
Umm...

Remember how R/B/Y had that unofficial fighting gym? Near the Psychic one?

Why not make one gym of each type that you must beat to face the Elite four? It stops the problem of adding gyms each time a new version comes out (Which could mean ending up with HUGE amounts of gyms eventually and, as has been mentioned before, leaders who don't know anything).

Then... To keep challenges, etc... Let gyms like that fighting one be opened. :P You can try to collect all those badges before the ones of the 'type' gyms to train and prepare... Or do it after, as another challenge, for people here who want to have new challenges open up. That way, people who want to fight the Elite Four or who don't want to be facing 8975424 gyms get there way, and people who want to have lots of different gyms also get there way. It also lets would-be gym leaders be tested. EI, they have a type 2 gym- One of the many, many gyms from the games- And if they do well enough, then after x number of battles, or when whoever's in charge thinks they are ready, they are given one of the 'main' gyms.

Obviously 'unofficial' gyms wouldn't work, since everyone and their mother would start one, but still, maybe making 2 categories of gym would work? ^__^; Just a suggestion. And the Orange League would still be totally separate, of course.

infested88
01-30-2007, 12:46 AM
In reply to first off:

I just wanted to make sure that you got Fenix was a girl.

In reply to second off:

Ok, but it seems to me when you post you use the "I'm glad I'm not the only vet still around." line a bit often. And not to be an ass again, but I think that you go with that when you're trying to give URPG ideas.

In reply to thirdly off:

Are you sure you don't want a dark gym that badly? In every response you post to this chat I always see you saying something about how there's not a dark gym. And yes, we are the URPG. We are based of the games. I'm sorry our methods of catching Pokemon isn't going out and about in some grass or water on a certain route, we write stories for them though.

And I know that this was just an idea, but I'm strongly against it and just expressing my opinion. And I know I was a tad bit of an ass about Fenix and her gender, but like Phil said, her and I are best friend irl. Have to defend the bestest. Heh.

So, I want to see all the gyms from D/P get added as well. There's a Ghost gym. If you apply for it, you're bound to be allowed to use a Dark type. There's also a new Pokemon which is Dark/Ghost. Mikaruge (http://serebii.net/pokedex-dp/442.shtml). So you could use him and another dark type. That'd be two. Seems like the best way to come to owning a Dark gym to me.

Dr Scott
01-30-2007, 12:48 AM
Nononono, you misunderstand me too Chao. I didn't mind when you or Fenix stated your opinions, I more then expected it. But what Infested said, or how he/she/it/Ihonestlydon'tcarewhatsomeone'sgenderis went about saying it, was totally immature. It felt a lot more like a personal attack against me then an argument.

If you're going to make a post about it, then sure, go ahead. Hell, I want you to tell me if you don't like it, I would never force something on the majority of ya'll if you didn't want it. I just thought it'd be fun and new, something that people might enjoy doing. So, I was wrong, big deal, I move on. But if you're going to be a little brat about it when you post and 'flame' the person who has made the idea, then I honestly don't care what he/she/it has to say.

Edited to the above: I use the dark argument because it would be neat to have one, something different that would be introduced to the table. And yes, I would like there to be a dark gym so that someday when I actually care about battling well that I'd have a gym to call my own.

Sure, I'm proud to be a vet and I have a lot of strong feelings about it in the past, and sure I'm glad I'm not the only vet. It wasn't fun to leave all my memories and people behind from the past, that's natural. I mainly use it to make a point like ... "Hey there, I've been here a long time so I know a lot more then you think I know." I think that sometimes people treat me like I don't know that much about the URPG, and I like to use it when I state my arguments to say that hey, I kinda know a thing or two about the place!

After your much nicer second post I almost deleted what I had before, but you've got to realize that there's a right way and a wrong way to go about telling someone they are wrong :-P. Hell, I do it wrong too, I realize this. On my part there are no hard feelings about this whole, as DG put it, drama, just to letcha know.

Subside
01-30-2007, 01:01 AM
On my part there are no hard feelings about this whole, as DG put it, drama, just to letcha know.
FYI Scott, I'm not DG lol, people refer to me as Yami :tongue:

Sixto
01-30-2007, 01:23 AM
I personally can't wait for the different movesets different Pokémon get. Like Houndoom getting Thunder Fang and Fire Pokémon learning Solarbeam.

Volcanflame
01-30-2007, 02:07 AM
I'm also waiting for the Gyms, If I don't get either Sootopolis or Olivine, I'll try to apply the water Gym at Shinnoh x_X

-Volcan-

Buizel
01-30-2007, 02:12 AM
I can wait to get buizel on urpg.

Fenix
01-30-2007, 02:18 AM
Well, there's a lot here I want to respond to so I'm not going to bother trying to quote each of them, I'll just present my case as I go. : ]

First off, I'm not trying to make this a personal attack on anyone. It just so happens that an idea came up that I feel strongly against, and I am willing to defend my feelings about the subject. I'm not saying I hate anyone for their ideas, I do hate the idea itself though. :P

Secondly, Scott, you make it sound as though we need every single badge from every single region to challenge the Elite Four. Well, as far as I have ever known we only need a complete set from a single region (from the series RBY, GSC, or RSE), so adding the DP gyms would not make it 'harder' or 'impossible' for anyone to challenge the Elite Four trainers at all; it would add a fun new set of goals and advemtures for everyone. We have had the same amount of gyms for a long time. I think that adding the DP gyms WOULD spice up the URPG like you asked. Maybe we could make it mandatory for them to use the DP battle system or something, I don't know and I'm not worried about that right now. I just wanted to make a point that there are plenty of fun things we can do with the new gyms and that they will only make things better here, not worse.

Third, I know you take pride in being a vet, which is fine, but that doesn't always make you know more about the URPG than other people do. Yes, you may have been around to see more over the years, but that doesn't make the information and insight that other members who are knowledgable about the subject any less valid( And if I recall correctly, you were inactive for quite a period of time anyway). There are plenty of people who have a firm grasp on how things work around here too.

Fourthly (or something lol), I do agree with you that we shoule up the requirements of how many Pokemon a gym leader must own. It would make it so that the leader has a sense of pride and belonging in their gym and must show genuine dedication. However, I do not think that taking away entire gyms completely is the answer to this.

I know they don't always select the "best" candidate for each gym, but things have been going a lot better now than when it used to be strictly a "First Come, First Serve" basis.

Last (for now), and one of the things I think needs to be addressed the most, is the gym badge exchange. Scott, you still have not came up with a viable solution if your plan gets passed. I don't think that most trainers would want to exchange their hard earned badges simply for money. That seems like a) a cheap way to make a lot of cash fast for someone who already has a lot of badges, b) not a good idea because money is not a good memento to represent beating a gym, and c) still not an all around solid solution.

You didn't address any of the things I said about problems I saw with badge exchange, and I really hope you do because I am interested in what you have in mind. Avoiding the problem will not make it go away or any easier to solve.

FireflyK
01-30-2007, 02:51 AM
Urm.. I'm not one of the 'oldies' here... :oops: But would my idea maybe solve some of the issues you're debating? Not meaning to butt into your conversation or anything, but I think we could find some sort of compromise if we cut a little of the drama...

Dr Scott
01-30-2007, 03:52 AM
To "Yami": Man, I'm horrible with remembering gender and what everyone is called, why I call people odd things :-P.

You see, the POINT in making there only be 17 is so that the gym leaders will be tougher and getting to the Elite Four would be harder. Only the best should be able to, after all. Also, you could keep it so that only the active are leaders, so you don't have inactive leaders and all. Also, I think that for now it's too easy to get a gym.

I know I don't know everything about it, in fact, I know a lot less then a lot of people. It's odd that I come off as that way, I just make comments now and again about the 'old days' and that since I've been around so long I know the simple things. It's changed so much, and yes I was inactive for quit a bit. And ask me all you want, I'll easily admit that I suck at battling XD.

Honestly, for the people who have already had the badges ... Well, you made extra dough for the battle itself. And you have the TM. Honestly, what else do you need? What is a badge other then showing that you won? Honestly, it's not so special to have one. The way you talk, it makes it seem like you want a 'new challenge' and all that fun stuff, so what's the problem with doing some more gym battles? I'd happily change in the badge I got from Marth's Psychic Gym (Which was hard to win, thank you ...) for some dough. Those who really love battling and the challenge shan't have a problem with it.

Ali the Dark One
01-30-2007, 04:09 AM
I think trading in badges for money is a pretty good idea, but, it should be selling to the URPG itself and recieving the cash, not selling to other members (sorry if I didn't understand completely what you said)... it might also make more sense allowing a person to challenge the Elite 4 after they've gotten a set of badges (8), this way to ease the hardness of beating 28 gym leaders to get to the Elite 4... (just what I think)

Fossil Fusion
01-31-2007, 07:46 PM
That sucks really. All your hard work traded for money, which you can easily earn from reffing/grader Wages :/ or battling.

Steak
02-19-2007, 01:09 PM
The improved MoveSets are what I'm waiting for, really.
Feraligatr learning Crunch is good, as well as Aggron's moveset.
Energy Ball, a grass-type Shadow Ball.
Huh...interesting.

Larvinator
02-19-2007, 02:39 PM
What I'm really into is the dramatic Contest changes we'll have to make. And the new pokemon. This is gonna be one heckuva time.

In response to some of the other arguements.

I don't understand some of the points you're bringing up about the gyms. FYI, as the amount of gyms grows, so does the amount of URPG players. That being said, I still think that if we keep adding more and more gyms, it'll get harder and harder for the Elites to be challenged.

DarkGardevoir
02-19-2007, 03:54 PM
What I'm really into is the dramatic Contest changes we'll have to make. And the new pokemon. This is gonna be one heckuva time.

In response to some of the other arguements.

I don't understand some of the points you're bringing up about the gyms. FYI, as the amount of gyms grows, so does the amount of URPG players. That being said, I still think that if we keep adding more and more gyms, it'll get harder and harder for the Elites to be challenged.

it won't be anyhow harder, since you need only a set of badges, meaning 8 badges from a region.

~Falcon~
02-19-2007, 10:18 PM
XD i had almost totally forgot about DP until i saw this thread, now i cant wait. Rentorra and Floatsal are mine! I spellined both of them wrong, most likely.

Alienshroom
02-19-2007, 10:19 PM
XD i had almost totally forgot about DP until i saw this thread, now i cant wait. Rentorra and Floatsal are mine! I spellined both of them wrong, most likely.

I wish I could forget about it for a second...

Volcanflame
02-21-2007, 05:11 AM
Heh, If the DP comes, I can add hopefully Pochama to my Gym mons.

Steel sucks =/

-Volcan-

Magare
02-23-2007, 03:07 PM
To be honest, about the gym thing. Adding a new set of gyms wouldnt be a good thing in my opinion. Simply because URPG doesnt have enough players for that right now. Whats the point of gyms if everyone has one?

Ridley
02-23-2007, 03:13 PM
To be honest, about the gym thing. Adding a new set of gyms wouldnt be a good thing in my opinion. Simply because URPG doesnt have enough players for that right now. Whats the point of gyms if everyone has one?

Well, imo once someone gets a gym, he will hold on to it for dear life and do all he can not to lose it, so adding new gyms would give more people a chance at a gym.

That's just my opinion, though

Magare
02-23-2007, 07:27 PM
If you want a gym that bad, get mons of that type and prove to be far superior to the current gym leader. If mike wasnt doing a good job I wouldnt hesitate one second to take cinnabar away from him with a challenge. If you want a gym, prepare and fight for it.

If it was up to me, I'd even remove the hoenn gyms exactly for that reason. Gyms shouldnt be a free supply of money, and badges should be something you are proud of

Loyal Arcanine
02-23-2007, 11:32 PM
If mike wasnt doing a good job I wouldnt hesitate one second to take cinnabar away from him with a challenge.
That has always been my main source of motivation, Cro. :wink: :tongue:

Larvinator
02-27-2007, 10:15 PM
Here's another thing everyones gonna love: Munchlax. Snorlax just got slightly easier to write for. Muahahaha...ha.

Ridley
02-27-2007, 10:20 PM
Munchlax is still probably gonna be like Demanding.

Espeon EX
02-27-2007, 10:28 PM
Hm.....since fukamaru is like bagon, I think it should gor for medium of hard, starters are gonna be the same as all, starly should be simple like the other birds, the babys should either go on simple or complex, since munchlax evolves into the mighty snorlax, it should be medium or hard, I got some good ideas with all the new pokemon and how hard to write them, korinku should be complex or simple, are there gonna be any D/P pokemon that are gonna go under the easiest catergory?

Larvinator
02-28-2007, 02:49 AM
Munchlax is still probably gonna be like Demanding.
Quiet, I'm on a roll. :P
Demanding is still better than Merciless.

FireflyK
02-28-2007, 07:15 PM
Here's another thing everyones gonna love: Munchlax. Snorlax just got slightly easier to write for. Muahahaha...ha.

Not neccesarily. :P Some 'mon might be moved up a rank to leave room for their pre-evo to go before them, you know.

Hydralisk
03-01-2007, 01:54 AM
Imo D/P should never come. The new attacking system is so messed up and all the new mons are uber like.

FireflyK
03-01-2007, 07:29 PM
Imo D/P should never come. The new attacking system is so messed up and all the new mons are uber like.

Totally agree. :P I think if we MUST have D/P, we should take out the stupid 'mon like Mitsuhoney.. And use only the good ones. With JUST the old moves, not the new ones. :P

We're a minority here, though. ;__; A lot of old 'mon will become useless now with these new ones,sadly!

Sixto
03-01-2007, 07:37 PM
Oh yes. Me want a Snorlax. I can wait til the D/P rules are incorporated to the URPG, or I can trade with someone. :wink2: :wink2:

FireflyK
03-01-2007, 07:40 PM
Oh yes. Me want a Snorlax. I can wait til the D/P rules are incorporated to the URPG, or I can trade with someone. :wink2: :wink2:

Once again.. No garauntee it'll be easier. :P The graders may adjust the scale to compensate for the new additions, thus making it the same amount as before. ;)

Dog of Hellsing
03-05-2007, 05:03 PM
Well, since I'm going to be getting back into the URPG, I must as well toss in my two and a half cents ^^.

I personally can't wait till D/P comes out and we can get it into the URPG. I was hoping we could actually start writing for the new Pokemon now, because I want a Gabrias so badly ><. Not that I can't write the story NOW, and just submit it when the time comes XD.

Anyways, new moves, new Abilities, new Mon, Physical/Special classification for individual moves...I can't wait. The URPG is gonna turn bad-arse...

Silver-wind
03-05-2007, 05:21 PM
Totally agree. :P I think if we MUST have D/P, we should take out the stupid 'mon like Mitsuhoney.. And use only the good ones. With JUST the old moves, not the new ones. :P

O_O WHAT? TAKE OUT MITSUHONEY?! aww, come on, it eventually evols into the mightly Beequeen and i want one of them.

sadly, its going to be SO much more complicated now... but my pokemon should be roughly fine...

DarkGardevoir
03-05-2007, 05:32 PM
O_O WHAT? TAKE OUT MITSUHONEY?! aww, come on, it eventually evols into the mightly Beequeen and i want one of them.

sadly, its going to be SO much more complicated now... but my pokemon should be roughly fine...

i agree with you, thoguh beequeen it's pretty weak as stats.

If we should take someone out, these should be more uber mons like the evolutions of old mons, not the new ones.

Dialga913191
03-07-2007, 12:40 AM
Pokemon Diamond and Pearl are going to be the greatest RPGs because all the pokemon games have been a big hit and these will be too. And new POKEMON!!!!

There is alot of information on serebii.net so go there for any questions.

Espeon EX
03-07-2007, 12:55 AM
Pokemon Diamond and Pearl are going to be the greatest RPGs because all the pokemon games have been a big hit and these will be too. And new POKEMON!!!!

There is alot of information on serebii.net so go there for any questions.

Well it'll take a lot of work to do it, maybe they'll close urpg down until everyone is organized, but i think this is the last generation they'll have in the urpg, there'll be too much gyms and too much to organize.

Leman
03-07-2007, 01:00 AM
Hm.....since fukamaru is like bagon, I think it should gor for medium of hard, starters are gonna be the same as all, starly should be simple like the other birds, the babys should either go on simple or complex, since munchlax evolves into the mighty snorlax, it should be medium or hard, I got some good ideas with all the new pokemon and how hard to write them, korinku should be complex or simple, are there gonna be any D/P pokemon that are gonna go under the easiest catergory?

Mons under easiest will probably be: only Kricketot.

Espeon EX
03-07-2007, 01:04 AM
Mons under easiest will probably be: only Kricketot.

Yes, munchlax will be demanding, others will soon go up 1 since they have a pre-evolve form, i think kricketot will be simple, I'm not sure about easiest though because kricketot is not good and not bad, well....i think it'll end up like magikarp, always losing, but soon will win. Sincetheres too much legends, do you think we should put a few on merciless?..

Leman
03-07-2007, 01:58 AM
Yes, munchlax will be demanding, others will soon go up 1 since they have a pre-evolve form, i think kricketot will be simple, I'm not sure about easiest though because kricketot is not good and not bad, well....i think it'll end up like magikarp, always losing, but soon will win. Sincetheres too much legends, do you think we should put a few on merciless?..

Kricketot learns Bide, and Growl. Its the DP version of Caterpie. I'd be extremly surprised if it wasn't easiest.

Espeon EX
03-07-2007, 02:17 AM
Kricketot learns Bide, and Growl. Its the DP version of Caterpie. I'd be extremly surprised if it wasn't easiest.

Oh, it looked like it could've been tougher, well i guess i should look lat the attacks for some D/P pokemon, it just doesn't look all that weak, but it actually is...

Fire Pkmn Master
03-07-2007, 02:20 AM
Kricketot doesnt really look that weak. Thats weird.

AquaMeowth
03-11-2007, 09:09 AM
Well it'll take a lot of work to do it, maybe they'll close urpg down until everyone is organized, but i think this is the last generation they'll have in the urpg, there'll be too much gyms and too much to organize.Well the least we could do is try to help them, by finding sprites for itmes and such

Dialga of time
03-12-2007, 10:24 PM
:eh: you do know they have all the information @ serebii.net.like how to get aruseus,manaphy,mikaruge etc.

akdude
03-12-2007, 10:34 PM
Question:

How will trades and battles be done?

Dialga of time
03-12-2007, 10:44 PM
like what do you mean

akdude
03-12-2007, 10:46 PM
I mean, there's no slot to connect a link cable. So how do you trade and battle friends?

Ridley
03-12-2007, 10:51 PM
I mean, there's no slot to connect a link cable. So how do you trade and battle friends?
By using the DS's wireless feature

akdude
03-12-2007, 10:52 PM
Can that be done to trade from Emerald or FR/LG?

Ridley
03-12-2007, 10:55 PM
Can that be done to trade from Emerald or FR/LG?
For that, you insert the GBA game into the DS's 2nd slot for GBA games.

But you can only trade from the GBA game to D/P, not battle.

akdude
03-12-2007, 10:58 PM
Why can't you battle?

Will you be able to trade Gastly and Snorlax straight into the D/P or do you need a National Pokedex?

Razzmatazz
03-18-2007, 01:06 AM
Why can't you battle?

Will you be able to trade Gastly and Snorlax straight into the D/P or do you need a National Pokedex?

Well, I know by inserting any Pokemon GBA game into the GBA slot, you can make Haunter and Gengar - yes, Gengar - appear wildly in some areas. Also, you probably know, but trades from GBA into D/P are one way, meaning you cant trade back to a GBA game.

:rambo:

DarkGardevoir
03-18-2007, 09:04 AM
Why can't you battle?

From what i know, you can't actually "trade" pokemon from certain version to diamond and pearl. However, after you get the national dex, you'll be able to access Pal Park, or whatever it's name is. There, if you inster like, a Green Leaf game, saved in a Pokemon Center, in this park will appear all the pokemon you have in your team saved.

So, saying in Leaf Green you have a Shiny Charizard lv100, a Mewtwo lv80, Moltres lv50, Blastoise lv30, Pidgey lv4

In this park, by wandering around, you'll find exactly those mons, with the same stats, and the same gender and kind(shiny or not). You'll get special balls with 100% rate of capture, i think, and if you catch them all, you get a nifty prize

Ataro
03-18-2007, 11:23 PM
Oh man, can't battle. I even having second thoughts about buying.:susp:

Volcanflame
04-11-2007, 01:20 PM
I checked serebii dex and found that Combee can only evolve into Vespiqueen if it is a female! D:

The chance is 12.5% female and 87.5% male, if I'm not mistaken ... so do we have to roll dice to determine its gender? OMG, if it's a male, it will stay as a Combee forever D:

-Volcan-

DarkGardevoir
04-11-2007, 05:22 PM
I checked serebii dex and found that Combee can only evolve into Vespiqueen if it is a female! D:

The chance is 12.5% female and 87.5% male, if I'm not mistaken ... so do we have to roll dice to determine its gender? OMG, if it's a male, it will stay as a Combee forever D:

-Volcan-

well, hopefully in URPG we choose the gender.

Or else we would be doomed.

AmericanTreeFrog
04-11-2007, 05:29 PM
I use serebii to find the ratio then I roll, but that's how I do it.

DaRkUmBrEoN
04-11-2007, 05:45 PM

-Volcan-

We'll prolly consider it like Miltank, cause they can only be female.
If you want male, it's might be a Combee forever. XD

-]DU[-

Jack of Clovers
04-14-2007, 02:08 AM
While it makes sense for the Queen Bee to only be female, that sounds like a weird evolution line. lol. DP is going to drive evolution battles wild.

~Jack~

Zavelin
04-14-2007, 02:42 AM
I want a Mrs. Mime.

FireflyK
04-14-2007, 02:45 AM
I want a Mrs. Mime.

That'd be cute. ^_^ OOoh, I think there should be slight male/female differences in how some Pokemon look... Or more 'mon like Nidoran. Nidoran are so cute.

Zavelin
04-14-2007, 02:48 AM
<_< Or they could just do 'em all like they Nidoqueen.

Slap two "expansion packs" on its chest, and WALLAH, instant Mrs. Mime.

And is little boys and girls don't know what those are, it's well nigh time they did. =P

Subside
04-14-2007, 02:50 AM
<_< Or they could just do 'em all like they Nidoqueen.

Slap two "expansion packs" on its chest, and WALLAH, instant Mrs. Mime.

And is little boys and girls don't know what those are, it's well nigh time they did. =P
I'd like to think a Mrs.Mime would have a bit more hair D:

groudon6_6_6
04-16-2007, 03:11 PM
MUST HAVE LUCARIO!!!

Hopefully Riolu is in the Pokémart!

Seawolf
04-16-2007, 05:22 PM
MUST HAVE LUCARIO!!!

Hopefully Riolu is in the Pokémart!

Can't you only get Riolu from a one-time only event in the game? It seems like he'll be pretty rare. :o

Must have ... Shellos.

Sceptile
04-16-2007, 11:11 PM
Can't you only get Riolu from a one-time only event in the game? It seems like he'll be pretty rare. :o

Must have ... Shellos.

I thought someone gives you Riolu?

Must have ... Froslass! With TM Avalanche, bury the foe with snow! >:0

Thrall
04-16-2007, 11:25 PM

Must have ... Shellos.

Yeah but they through it at you. : P.

Must have ... Lucario!

Volcanflame
04-16-2007, 11:25 PM
I want Piplup, who will be obviously in the mart :D

Yeah, I want a Lucario too, but I doubt it'll be in the mart, maybe it can be only captured through a story =(

-Volcan-

Sceptile
04-16-2007, 11:29 PM
I want Piplup, who will be obviously in the mart :D

Yeah, I want a Lucario too, but I doubt it'll be in the mart, maybe it can be only captured through a story =(

-Volcan-

I wouldn't be surprised. But, anyway, Lucario is EXTREMELY strong, in the D/P demo, my friend and I like, killed everything with Force Palms. :tongue:

Seawolf
04-16-2007, 11:36 PM
I thought someone gives you Riolu?

Must have ... Froslass! With TM Avalanche, bury the foe with snow! >:0

Yay, another Froslass lover. Have a cookie.

Yeah but they through it at you. : P.

Must have ... Lucario!

I think someone just gives it to you. o_o

-Volcan-

Which is why I've already started a story for one. <3

I've been looking at some of the new moves posted here, and I have to say .. I think Nintendo went a little overboard. Trick Room is going to be sweet, though.

Volcanflame
04-16-2007, 11:58 PM
What's Luca's difficulty level? Demanding? Merciless? o_0

Oh ... you're also a Froslass lover, aren't you? xD

-Volcan-

Sceptile
04-17-2007, 12:00 AM

-Volcan-

Yup, I don't really know why, I just like it Froslass. Which is why I'm about to write a story for a Snorunt (D/P Pokemon better come out soon >.<) !

And Megumi had a Froslass avvi a while back, if I remember.

Seawolf
04-17-2007, 12:06 AM

-Volcan-

I'm guessing Demanding or Merciless, but I have no clue at the moment. I'm assuming it wouldn't be anything under Hard. As for Riolu, I also have no idea. :oops:

Yes, I love Froslass. I've wanted a Ghost/Ice for years.

And Megumi had a Froslass avvi a while back, if I remember.

Indeed. :)

Ridley
04-17-2007, 12:08 AM
Froslass is on my top wanted D/P list: I want Munchlax and all the new ghosts @_@

Volcanflame
04-17-2007, 01:19 AM
Froslass is on my top wanted D/P list: I want Munchlax and all the new ghosts @_@
Munchlax is not a ghost =(

I hope Riolu's in Hard ...

-Volcan-

Nikki the Mew
04-17-2007, 08:47 PM
Guys, Riolu is like this region's...well, everything else. You get free Pokemon in every game. Eevee in RBY, Togepi in GSC (I think), and Wynaut in RSE. Gee, those are all mart mon, aren't they? ;D

My point is, Riolu will probably be mart mon, like them.

And that's a very interesting way of figuring out genders, ATF. I'll start copying you from now on, it makes it a lot more random. XD

SiberianTiger
04-17-2007, 08:52 PM
Personally I want that Ice/Grass Snowman.

~Isaiah

Ridley
04-17-2007, 09:01 PM
Munchlax is not a ghost =(

I hope Riolu's in Hard ...

-Volcan-

What I meant was, I want Munchlax, and I also want all the new ghosts

Subside
04-17-2007, 10:04 PM
I would get one, but to many mons learn fire attacks D:

I think most people know what i want; Drapion and Skuntank :D

Lord Celebi
04-17-2007, 10:18 PM
I want Abomasnow, Weavile, Rhyperior, Magmortar, Toxicroak, Emploean, Electrivire, Torterra, Infernape, Tangela's evolution, and Gastrodon.

Legendary Wolf
04-17-2007, 10:19 PM
I want Abomasnow, Weavile, Rhyperior, Magmortar, Toxicroak, Emploean, Electrivire, Torterra, Infernape, Tangela's evolution, and Gastrodon.

I want Rhyperior(Rhydons evo) an d if I can Gible :O.

FireflyK
04-17-2007, 10:23 PM
Guys, Riolu is like this region's...well, everything else. You get free Pokemon in every game. Eevee in RBY, Togepi in GSC (I think), and Wynaut in RSE. Gee, those are all mart mon, aren't they? ;D

And that's a very interesting way of figuring out genders, ATF. I'll start copying you from now on, it makes it a lot more random. XD

;) I wouldn't bet on it. Riolu is wayyy better than Togepi.
Heck, fossils have been in the 'mart in the past... And the new ones are pretty sure not to be, since they're very good. I believe Riolu will be the same. Hehe.

Legendary Wolf
04-17-2007, 10:24 PM
;) I wouldn't bet on it. Riolu is wayyy better than Togepi.
Heck, fossils have been in the 'mart in the past... And the new ones are pretty sure not to be, since they're very good. I believe Riolu will be the same. Hehe.

I just hope SOME mon are in the mart. Expecially D/P ones xD.

Seawolf
04-17-2007, 10:32 PM
Personally I want that Ice/Grass Snowman.

~Isaiah

D: Flamethrower would cause much ouchies. That thing is cool, though.

I want Froslass, Piplup, Cranidos, Shellos, Buneary, Gible and Skorupi. :)

FireflyK
04-17-2007, 10:40 PM
D: Flamethrower would cause much ouchies. That thing is cool, though.

I want Froslass, Piplup, Cranidos, Shellos, Buneary, Gible and Skorupi. :)

I want all the new ice 'mon. x3 For meh gym.

Then Buneary, Gible, and that adorable electric-kitty.

Seawolf
04-17-2007, 10:42 PM
I want all the new ice 'mon. x3 For meh gym.

Then Buneary, Gible, and that adorable electric-kitty.

Shinx is cool too, but I want to make sure RM is the first to get it, since she really wants one. :)

Oh, and my darling Mukuhawk.. she might be a decent choice.

FireflyK
04-17-2007, 10:43 PM
Shinx is cool too, but I want to make sure RM is the first to get it, since she really wants one. :)

Oh, and my darling Mukuhawk.. she might be a decent choice.

Same.
I'm gonna write for one, but I'll wait for her to get it to post my story.

theEND
04-17-2007, 10:49 PM
My DP Pokemon list include in the following:

Turtwig, Piplup, Budew, Gible, Cranidos, Shellos, and hopefully if I'll ever obtain it, a Giratina. :twisted:

And about that PokeMart thing including DP Pokemon, I'm not very comfortable with most new DP Pokemon available to everyone and easy to get with a mere $8,000 to $12,000. And then in a mere few hours of battling, you'll have yourself with the final stage already.

*Steals Megumi's Froslass*

Seawolf
04-17-2007, 10:52 PM

Turtwig, Piplup, Budew, Gible, Cranidos, Shellos, and hopefully if I'll ever obtain it, a Giratina. :twisted:

And about that PokeMart thing including DP Pokemon, I'm not very comfortable with most new DP Pokemon available to everyone and easy to get with a mere $8,000 to $12,000. And then in a mere few hours of battling, you'll have yourself with the final stage already.

I'm pretty sure not all the powerful new Pokemon would be able to be purchased .. that would be stupid.

No! My darling Froslass! :(

FireflyK
04-17-2007, 10:55 PM

I don't think it'll include a LOT of them, or the very good ones. ;)
Heh... I'm hoping there'll be a select 6 D/P 'mon in the mart, and then the 3 starters as is tradition of course. ^_^;

All-Star
04-18-2007, 01:26 AM
I want the new Toge.

And the Dusclops evolution.

Leoblaze
04-18-2007, 02:25 AM
I want a Burmy really really badly only cause the way it looks and its evo and its type thing which is confusing. Also Finneon aso a Gible looks so cute as it evolves.

Volcanflame
04-18-2007, 02:45 AM
Cool, Megumi has writen her Riolu story ;______;

I need a Lucario =(

-Volcan-

~Falcon~
04-18-2007, 03:15 AM
;________; no i need the new fighting mon, theres lucario, infernape, the frog thing. There ight be more idk XD

Gaia
04-18-2007, 10:52 AM
FROSLASS IS MINE! >:O

Anyways, I want Froslass, that Abominable Snowman thingy, Buneary, Roserade, the Dusclops evo and the Male Gardevoir-like Pokemon. I know, random. x3

EDIT///

Omg, I just realized I have to buy Roselia and Duskull NOW! :O

Ridley
04-18-2007, 10:56 AM
Also with DP, Tentacruel will be cool with Swords Dance + STAB Physical Waterfall.

:cool:

Volcanflame
04-18-2007, 10:56 AM
;________; no i need the new fighting mon, theres lucario, infernape, the frog thing. There ight be more idk XD
Yeah, there is, the cool one, Gallade :cool:

Edit: Oh, noes, Ridley and I posted the same emoticon ":cool:" in the same time! o_0

-Volcan-

Thrall
04-18-2007, 03:16 PM
^_^ Medicham is going to become the new Alakazam. I want ToxiCroak and Infernape. Infernape > Blazekin.

Rohypnol
04-18-2007, 08:25 PM
^_^ Medicham is going to become the new Alakazam. I want ToxiCroak and Infernape. Infernape > Blazekin.
I guess I'll have to go after that Gible thing.

*Tries to guess how many characters are necessary for it* D:

kingdack
04-18-2007, 08:55 PM
People stay away from skorupi I am there first *shoots bullets from a gun*

Subside
04-18-2007, 09:02 PM
People stay away from skorupi I am there first *shoots bullets from a gun*
Good luck mate :D I'm getting one for my gym :3

Ataro
04-18-2007, 10:17 PM
What DP gyms are you all going for??

I have no idea myself, most probably either the grass/fighting/eelctric/ghost/steel.
i really don't know.

Lord Celebi
04-18-2007, 10:22 PM
What DP gyms are you all going for??

I have no idea myself, most probably either the grass/fighting/eelctric/ghost/steel.
i really don't know.

I'm going after the Water Gym.

Rohypnol
04-18-2007, 10:33 PM
I don't even know what the D/P gyms are. O.o;;

Smurf
04-18-2007, 10:34 PM
I'm going after the Water Gym.
As am I. Good luck to you, Rust. May the best trainer win. :wink:

Lord Celebi
04-18-2007, 10:53 PM

You don't have a Trainer Stats page posted... How tf am I supposed to size up my compeition and outdo you if you have no Trainer Stats?

Rohypnol
04-18-2007, 10:56 PM
You don't have a Trainer Stats page posted... How tf am I supposed to size up my compeition and outdo you if you have no Trainer Stats?
He's got his right here. (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34981) :P

Lord Celebi
04-18-2007, 11:05 PM
He's got his right here. (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34981) :P

Thanks. I can use that knowledge to further my team to get the gym :twisted:

Smurf
04-18-2007, 11:09 PM
Thanks. I can use that knowledge to further my team to get the gym :twisted:
Good luck, Rust. I think I'll rely on skill instead of trying to set up my team to counter yours. :smile:

theEND
04-18-2007, 11:11 PM
That Grass DP Gym is so going to be mine. If not, I'll fight for its title to the deaths! @_@

Sceptile
04-19-2007, 12:15 AM
That Grass DP Gym is so going to be mine. If not, I'll fight for its title to the deaths! @_@

I would go for that, but I would need a good grass team (look at my stats >.>).

Volcanflame
04-19-2007, 12:17 AM
Heh, me too wants the Water Gym, but meh, I still have my Steel Gym here x_X

-Volcan-

Legendary Wolf
04-19-2007, 12:21 AM

I am too. But Nikki is aswell so many people.

Nikki the Mew
04-19-2007, 12:55 AM
I am too. But Nikki is aswell so many people.
Sadly, with the amount of competition I have, I've given up on owning Pastoria. I think Smurf would be a great leader, though! ^^

Volcanflame
04-19-2007, 04:32 AM
About Last Resort ... it's a bit impossible to use all the mon's moves in URPG right? :eh:

I think we should limit it ... liek 4-5 moves before Last Resort's available, shouldn't we?

-Volcan-

Nikki the Mew
04-19-2007, 05:34 AM
About Last Resort ... it's a bit impossible to use all the mon's moves in URPG right? :eh:

I think we should limit it ... liek 4-5 moves before Last Resort's available, shouldn't we?

-Volcan-
I think it'd probably end up being Last Resort after 3 different moves, since that's how it'd have to be in the games.

Smurf
04-19-2007, 10:00 AM
In theory, maybe, but I honestly don't think it'll happen. I don't think it'll be a move we ever see in the URPG, as horrible as that sounds.

theEND
04-19-2007, 11:48 AM

-Volcan-
Well like some people have set up in their stats, their Pokemon have 4 attack movesets, even though they're not limited to just 4 moves. They'd probably have to use 3 out of those 4 moves before using their 4th, Last Resort. It's somewhat similiar to the real Pokemon games for a Pokemon, except the URPG mons aren't completely limited to that option of using a variety out of 4 moves....unless, that is, if the Pokemon only has 4 moves, or less.

I'm going to step up a notch in pace. Grass mons are comin' my lane. :cool:

Seawolf
04-19-2007, 07:37 PM

Wow, you just killed the rest of your competition. :tongue: Good luck, though.

I intend on keeping Mikan, and I'm hoping the Orange Islands aren't removed. Too bad there's no really useful Water Pokemon from the new games I can add to it, though.

EDIT: While we're on the subject, was there someone who really wanted to be the first to get Rioru? If so, let me know. :x

Pichufan4
04-21-2007, 01:35 AM
i can not wait for D/P. my basics Pokemon can be wayy better! (Ex: Togepi, Aipom, and Misdreavus). also im going to be the ghost gym leader so watch out (lol)

also: for evolving the Pokemon that learn a move required for evolution, how will that happen here? like u battle 6 times then on ur seventh time u use the move and then it evolves? and would i have to battle seven more time for my misdreavus to evolve or to i just buy a dark stone and give it to her?

Volcanflame
04-21-2007, 01:47 AM

I intend on keeping Mikan, and I'm hoping the Orange Islands aren't removed. Too bad there's no really useful Water Pokemon from the new games I can add to it, though.

EDIT: While we're on the subject, was there someone who really wanted to be the first to get Rioru? If so, let me know. :x

I want a Riolu D:

i can not wait for D/P. my basics Pokemon can be wayy better! (Ex: Togepi, Aipom, and Misdreavus). also im going to be the ghost gym leader so watch out (lol)

also: for evolving the Pokemon that learn a move required for evolution, how will that happen here? like u battle 6 times then on ur seventh time u use the move and then it evolves? and would i have to battle seven more time for my misdreavus to evolve or to i just buy a dark stone and give it to her?

I think it needs 7 battles and an item.

Now I've decided my top 3 wanted DP mons!

They are Piplup, Riolu and Shieldon! :razz:

-Volcan-

Leman
04-21-2007, 01:49 AM

No he hasn't. I want that gym.

akdude
04-21-2007, 01:51 AM
do we know if we have to have a national dex to trade from another game?

Volcanflame
04-21-2007, 01:55 AM
Looks like everyone wants the Water Gym badly, so do I, honestly. Have fun competing :o

-Volcan-

Lord Celebi
04-21-2007, 02:03 AM

Over mine, Chase's, and Smurf's dead body...

Pichufan4
04-21-2007, 02:04 AM
do we know if we have to have a national dex to trade from another game?

yes... but u can trade from a peral though with a diamond and vise versa

the sinnoh pokemon that i want for urpg:
Roserade
empoleon
vespiquen

Jack of Clovers
04-21-2007, 07:08 AM

I assure you, that is quite coincidental. With Lucario's popularity, it won't be in the mart.

Btw, I got Diamond early (yes, be jealous). So I have a slight head start, so that means DP changes will come here quicker. :happy:

~Jack~

Nikki the Mew
04-21-2007, 07:58 AM
I assure you, that is quite coincidental. With Lucario's popularity, it won't be in the mart.

Btw, I got Diamond early (yes, be jealous). So I have a slight head start, so that means DP changes will come here quicker. :happy:

~Jack~
O_O! ALAKALAKALA! (wtf?) *tackles Jack, steals Diamond, runs off, plays until eyes burn out* =D

And tbh, rust, out of the three of you guys (Chase, Smurf, and you), I think it'd be a hard decision for whoever gets the burden of being the league organizer.

Ketamine
04-21-2007, 08:29 AM
Looks like everyone wants the Water Gym badly, so do I, honestly. Have fun competing :o

-Volcan-

i reckon, i was talking to King and LS about it woah! Some people want it bad xD, I want the rock gym lol :P

Legendary Wolf
04-21-2007, 01:20 PM
I've changed my mind to Ice to many people the other way. xD.

Larvinator
04-21-2007, 02:41 PM
I'm going to evolve my Pokemon like CRAZY and hopefully get the Elelctric Gym, but meh. I probably won't get it in the end. ;_;

Legendary Wolf
04-21-2007, 04:31 PM
I'm going to evolve my Pokemon like CRAZY and hopefully get the Elelctric Gym, but meh. I probably won't get it in the end. ;_;

I know Two people who want that gym so far. ZiVixx and you. xP.

Ataro
04-24-2007, 02:41 PM
Other gyms are so hot, I guess I take the grass gym, since there are the least people applying for that as far as I am concern, however, I still haven't written stories for them, I might as well give up. Who wanna trade to me grass types? xD

All-Star
04-24-2007, 10:26 PM
I'm going for the water gym. I have like 8 water mons. XD

Leman
04-25-2007, 12:26 AM
I'm going for the water gym. I have like 8 water mons. XD

Damn, I only have five, plus Dragonite.

All-Star
04-25-2007, 09:37 PM
My mons are TMed up a little as well.

If I fail to get this gym, I think I'll go and try to take one of the flying gyms.

Smurf
04-25-2007, 11:12 PM
Another person going for the water gym? Blah. :tongue:

FrozenChaos
04-26-2007, 12:27 AM
Eheh, I heard that a lot of people wanted the water gym. Obviously, whoever told me was right. =[ Yes, I want it too. xD Although, I won't be getting either Diamond or Pearl until my birthday. I doubt my dad will let me get it before then...

Jack of Clovers
04-27-2007, 12:07 AM
At this rate, we'll need a separate thread just for Water Gym applications. :eek:

~Jack~

Subside
04-27-2007, 12:11 AM
Water Pokémon... so overrated :D

We need more poison mons.

~Falcon~
04-27-2007, 12:42 AM
Ill try for everything I can XD. But most people know what i want, and if you dont its fighting, so stay away >:O

:]

All-Star
04-27-2007, 02:06 AM
I'm in a comfort zone when it comes to getting this gym.

Nikki the Mew
04-28-2007, 11:57 PM
I wouldn't say that, Chase. Smurf has more experience than you, y'know.

*holds up "Go Smurf" flags* =D

Smurf
04-29-2007, 01:45 AM
Hey Chase, my old friend, it's Ierdar. :wink: Still so high and mighty?

All-Star
04-29-2007, 04:38 AM
Hell yeah.

You think you bother me? You make me laugh, Ierdar.

Nikki the Mew
04-29-2007, 04:52 PM
Hell yeah.

No offence, Chase, but you are being really arrogant. It's a game. A fake gym. It's no big deal. o.O

All-Star
04-29-2007, 05:16 PM
I'm not treating it like a big deal. I'm aware that it is just a game. It was just a confident comment towards Ierdar, chill out.

FrozenChaos
04-29-2007, 06:01 PM
Seems as if the competition is really getting feisty. Looks like I'll have to work that much harder. :o It more than likely won't pay off in the end, but you can't blame me for trying. =]

All-Star
04-29-2007, 06:04 PM
It never hurts to try.

Smurf
04-29-2007, 06:18 PM
I'm not treating it like a big deal. I'm aware that it is just a game. It was just a confident comment towards Ierdar, chill out.
Lol, yeah, there's no harm in a little competitive fun. Chase and I are buddies, no matter who gets the gym. =D

Lord Celebi
04-30-2007, 12:35 AM
Hey Chase, my old friend, it's Ierdar. :wink: Still so high and mighty?
OMFG! I never knew that! [/sarcasm...]
Hell yeah.

You all make me laugh. I pwn you all! :P

Smurf
04-30-2007, 12:57 AM
OMFG! I never knew that! [/sarcasm...]

You all make me laugh. I pwn you all! :P
Quality over quanity, my friend. Slowbro is coming for ya. :wink:

All-Star
04-30-2007, 01:04 AM
Lol.

Rust, I swept you with my Ludicolo last time we battled, and it only had two TMs. XD!

Kingdra or Ludicolo will be my troublesome mons in the competition.

I think that it should be a huge battle, and whoever wins gets the gym.

I hope the gym doesn't come out for another 2 - 4 weeks, but it won't bother me if it does.

Lord Celebi
04-30-2007, 02:02 AM
Lol.

Rust, I swept you with my Ludicolo last time we battled, and it only had two TMs. XD!

Kingdra or Ludicolo will be my troublesome mons in the competition.

I think that it should be a huge battle, and whoever wins gets the gym.

I hope the gym doesn't come out for another 2 - 4 weeks, but it won't bother me if it does.

I never battled your Ludicolo, mon ami. And last I recall, I pwnt your Lombre. BTW, my Ludicolo pwns yours.

All-Star
04-30-2007, 11:34 AM
Are you sure about not fighting it? I do remember you beating my Lombre with your Ludicolo, but I think my Ludicolo could beat it.

Light Manaphy
04-30-2007, 11:36 AM
My staraptor PWNS everyone. My Torterra is almost considered uber, but staraptor is more uber than it, and my Luxray can take down a foe 30 levels higher than it!

and not to get off subject, but I hear Pokemon Crater is getting DP pokemon soon. They might have them now! I'll check now.

EDIT: PC has most of them. Burmy, Cherrim, Drifloon, the starters and their evos, and some more. Not all of them are on there, though.

Subside
04-30-2007, 12:18 PM
I would find it hilarious if they decided not to implicate the DP gyms :P

Light Manaphy
04-30-2007, 12:19 PM

actually the webmaster of PC is putting in the gym leaders.

Subside
04-30-2007, 12:34 PM
actually the webmaster of PC is putting in the gym leaders.
We are on about the URPG, not the site or the game :P

Light Manaphy
04-30-2007, 12:36 PM
We are on about the URPG, not the site or the game :P

oh ok. Then never mind I guess xD

Smurf
04-30-2007, 11:32 PM
That would probably make me laugh. :tongue: Then I'd get bored with not owning a gym.

Seawolf
05-01-2007, 04:32 AM
That would probably make me laugh. :tongue: Then I'd get bored with not owning a gym.

You could always steal mine if you don't get the new one. :)

Smurf
05-01-2007, 10:15 AM
You could always steal mine if you don't get the new one. :)
Nah, I wouldn't want to take anyone elses. You guys do a good job defending your water gyms. I want my own. :wink:

Nikki the Mew
05-01-2007, 08:23 PM
My staraptor PWNS everyone. My Torterra is almost considered uber, but staraptor is more uber than it, and my Luxray can take down a foe 30 levels higher than it!

and not to get off subject, but I hear Pokemon Crater is getting DP pokemon soon. They might have them now! I'll check now.

EDIT: PC has most of them. Burmy, Cherrim, Drifloon, the starters and their evos, and some more. Not all of them are on there, though.
Um, yeah. Like Yami said, it's URPG, not Poke Crater.

FlashCannonHippo
05-01-2007, 11:40 PM
I can't wait to write a story about catching a Hippopotas!

All-Star
05-04-2007, 01:28 AM
Ok um yeah, what the hell?

Ataro
05-04-2007, 02:28 PM
Which of you guys are going for Grass gyms?