PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Poem

Ataro
01-27-2007, 02:13 PM
I think we should have poems for winning pokemon too. That is much more easier...

FireflyK
01-27-2007, 02:17 PM
While it's a nice idea, the point of stories is to make it not too easy for people to get pokemon. If they did, everyone could simply toss off a few short poems, and get whatever pokemon they wanted.

I don't think this is gonna get approved... But good luck.

.AzureLight
01-27-2007, 02:26 PM
Well, you could write a story in the form of a poem... :ermm:

Personally, I think that writing a lengthy poem is harder...

Ataro
01-27-2007, 03:11 PM
Instead we could put pokemon prizes for poems are only very simple basic common Pokemons like Caterpie, Magikarp.

As now, we have to write a story just to catch Magikarps and all that, poems would be more easier and lesser trouble for both the writer and the grader.

And having only very simple and common pokemons as prizes will not make catching Pokemon as easy as eating ~potato chips~.

That is my idea!

FireflyK
01-27-2007, 03:13 PM
Instead we could put pokemon prizes for poems are only very simple basic common Pokemons like Caterpie, Magikarp.

As now, we have to write a story just to catch Magikarps and all that, poems would be more easier and lesser trouble for both the writer and the grader.

And having only very simple and common pokemons as prizes will not make catching Pokemon as easy as eating ~potato chips~.

That is my idea!

Well, if you want to write a poem, I think that's fine.. Though, I'd rather write a story than a poem for it, since writing a 3K long poem would be difficult!

Ataro
01-27-2007, 03:17 PM
Dont have to have a 3k poem...

Just like a 5lines poem, short + sweet + good poem

that's all

YOu can get idea from MayNorman actually, as she knows one poem that is short and sweet and funny.

I really hope this idea can be approved though

FireflyK
01-27-2007, 03:19 PM
Dont have to have a 3k poem...

Just like a 5lines poem, short + sweet + good poem

that's all

YOu can get idea from MayNorman actually, as she knows one poem that is short and sweet and funny.

I really hope this idea can be approved though

>_> That would defeat the whole purpose of people having to write the correct length to earn a pokemon!

And there's been hundreds of proposals to make catching Magikarp, etc easier... I believe the general consensus was that ANYone should be able to write 3K for a pokemon. That's why Magikarp wasn't put into the mart.

.AzureLight
01-27-2007, 03:28 PM
Actually, it's hard to write a good poem. Poems need to have good structure, rhythm and everything. But no five line poems, that's just stupid.

I'm thinking three verses for Magikarp.

Ataro
01-27-2007, 03:29 PM
But poems will help ease grader's load. How many stories must Graders keep reading on Magikarps, Caterpies all all that so common Pokemon?

Poems will seriously spice up URPG alot and graders can now refresh themself into readind funny poems.

Some beginning writers will also find it hard to keep on writing stories to win common Pokemon first then aim for harder Pokemons. Like, how many stories must they keep on writing? They will eventually get tired and not write anymore, then how can they get more Pokemon, keep on using their money to buy Pokemon? They will get bored easily then.

Writing a Poem will actually also taking time and effort although not as much as Stories but writing a poem will need inspriation and Poems are more easier to read. That way, Graders will have a easier time instead of keep reading longgg stories + all those common Magikarps + Caterpies stories.

FireflyK
01-27-2007, 03:36 PM
But poems will help ease grader's load. How many stories must Graders keep reading on Magikarps, Caterpies all all that so common Pokemon?

Poems will seriously spice up URPG alot and graders can now refresh themself into readind funny poems.

Some beginning writers will also find it hard to keep on writing stories to win common Pokemon first then aim for harder Pokemons. Like, how many stories must they keep on writing? They will eventually get tired and not write anymore, then how can they get more Pokemon, keep on using their money to buy Pokemon? They will get bored easily then.

Writing a Poem will actually also taking time and effort although not as much as Stories but writing a poem will need inspriation and Poems are more easier to read. That way, Graders will have a easier time instead of keep reading longgg stories + all those common Magikarps + Caterpies stories.

The load's not bad, actually. Those stories are nice and short, and if people put a little twist in somewhere, interesting. Its the long stories that are difficult to get through.

Beginners often find it hard to write an understandable story, grammar-wise, let alone one with more complex plots. I believe for new writers, trying to write a poem would be harder than trying to write a story, though that's just my opinion.

And yes.. They won't take as much effort as the stories... Which is, again, part of the "It'll be too easy" problem.

People can write a lot of stories.. Make a character, give him/her a motivation, find an odd way for them to find a pokemon, and go for it. Those who can't write stories- And there are plenty of people here who can't, or don't want to- Often battle more instead, to get money, then trade for the pokemon they want.

Ataro
01-27-2007, 03:50 PM
Fine, out of words, =p

I will just wait for the mod to come read...

Hypocrisy is Fun
01-27-2007, 06:54 PM
Poems for items seems more reasonable.

FireflyK
01-27-2007, 06:56 PM
Poems for items seems more reasonable.

Hehe, that'd be great! I hate being able to write for pokemon so easily, but then having to save and save and save for items.

Or maybe poems for small amounts of money?

Marth
01-27-2007, 07:30 PM
This shouldn't be in the court. It's a suggestion.
Anyone's free to use any kind of literature style for the stories, as long as they meet the length requiremens. Look it at this way:
1.- A poem is harder than a story.
2.- Magikarp is the easiest pokémon to catch, and requires almost no effort.
3.- What's easier to do, a small story about how to catch a Magikarp, or a rhyming poem about it?
4.- If you're not good at writting stories, then you're probably not good either at writting poems.

Dr Scott
01-27-2007, 07:37 PM
Marth is harsh but right. We don't want it to be really easy to catch Pokemon, even if they are weaker ... it's honestly not hard to write a story for a Magikarp ...

I'm sorry, but I'm against this :(

Jack of Clovers
01-28-2007, 04:18 AM
While a poem is a nice, new, and interesting change, it's not going to work out. Besides, the point of stories is to Roleplay yourself in the world of Pokemon. A poem doesn't have that 'rp feel' to it.

Not to discourage poems, be my guest to write them. Just don't be too shocked when a grader doesn't let you catch it.

~Jack~