PDA

View Full Version : Farenheit 9/11

PokemonElite2000
07-25-2004, 04:59 AM
Let's get some things out of the way first... Obviously, this movie is one-sided. So don't say this movie is one-sided because that's the obvious truth. Michael Moore, the director, doesn't like President Bush and his policies, so this movie will will focus on what he doesn't like Bush and why. He's not going to praise Bush, so don't look for that.

The point of the movie is to show information you probably didn't know. Again, Moore will not show the positive things about Bush (that is, if he thinks there are any).

Some of the major points were:
-Fox News claiming Bush won Florida in 2000, eventhough other major networks claimed Gore won. The guy in charge of making that call at Fox News. was Bush's cousin.
-When the first plane crashed into the WTC, Bush decided to continue his trip to the elementary school. When told about the second plane crash, he continued reading to the class for 7 minutes.
-White House approved bin Ladens and other Saudis in the US to be flown away from the country. (The bin Ladens could have been questioned by authorities. Not that uncommon to interview the relatives of a suspect.)
-Bush was on vacation 42% of the time in his first 8 months in office.

A lot of focus was put on Bush's relationship with the Saudis and the bin Laden family (that's why Moore suspects that the Saudis and bin Ladens were flown out of the country, because they were "friends" of Bush). There's just too many things in the movie to talk about, Moore covers a lot of information.

I'm just shocked about so many things that I didn't know about, and I thought I followed the news pretty well. You don't hear people claiming Moore to be lying because he has the facts. He even back up his claims carefully at his website: http://www.michaelmoore.com/warroom/f911notes/

Yes, there's no getting away from the fact that this movie is biased against Bush, but the important thing about this movie is the information you're getting, true information. So if you're interested in what you don't know, which could be really important, then go see the movie. But remember, it's a one sided movie, an anti-Bush movie. So you have to combine this with what you know already or what you will learn in the future.

Chris
08-02-2004, 04:38 AM
It really makes you think about what goes on behind the scenes at the White House. I'm liberal, so I'm not going to disagree with the movie, however it's important to know that Moore isn't talking from his rear end.

JoshE
08-02-2004, 11:54 PM
Its hard to seperate facts and lies from movies that have directors who are very LIBERAL.

PokemonElite2000
08-07-2004, 07:35 AM
Its hard to seperate facts and lies from movies that have directors who are very LIBERAL.
That's a given that the director is one sided, he has said it over and over, he wants Bush out of office.

Sure, he does exaggerate, but that's not lying. Would you produce a movie full with lies and have your name discredited? I wouldn't, and Moore wouldn't either. That's why he made sure that his movie was accurate, and he had fact checkers for the movie. As I mentioned, he does back up his claims very carefully: http://www.michaelmoore.com/warroom/f911notes/

JoshE
08-07-2004, 05:53 PM
That's a given that the director is one sided, he has said it over and over, he wants Bush out of office.

Sure, he does exaggerate, but that's not lying. Would you produce a movie full with lies and have your name discredited? I wouldn't, and Moore wouldn't either. That's why he made sure that his movie was accurate, and he had fact checkers for the movie. As I mentioned, he does back up his claims very carefully: http://www.michaelmoore.com/warroom/f911notes/

Well I am a Democrat and I want Bush out of office. But I don't think that everything was true in that movie. Yet I'm sure there was some facts also. One of the main reasons I hate Bush is because his campaign is VOTE AGIANST KERRY! with all od these ant-kerry ads. Not VOTE BUSH. One of his commercials said that Kerry voted against giving our troops flack Jackets/ Bullet Proof Vests. I found that hard to belive seeing kerry's connectiont to the army and did some digging. Kerry voted agianst giving the goverment a blank check for our military which ended up taking money from the Schools of America. That blank check was then used for bullet proof vests.

So people might not lie in politics but they can stretch the truth. :tongue2:

PokemonElite2000
08-08-2004, 01:33 PM
Well I am a Democrat and I want Bush out of office. But I don't think that everything was true in that movie. Yet I'm sure there was some facts also. One of the main reasons I hate Bush is because his campaign is VOTE AGIANST KERRY! with all od these ant-kerry ads. Not VOTE BUSH. One of his commercials said that Kerry voted against giving our troops flack Jackets/ Bullet Proof Vests. I found that hard to belive seeing kerry's connectiont to the army and did some digging. Kerry voted agianst giving the goverment a blank check for our military which ended up taking money from the Schools of America. That blank check was then used for bullet proof vests.

So people might not lie in politics but they can stretch the truth. :tongue2:
Politicians, whether Democrat or Republican, can twist words and frame things to suit their agendas. There's a site that analyzes deeply into lies or misleading statements from politicians (they do the research for me, so I don't have to, lol), it's here: http://www.factcheck.org/

That vests issue is a perfect example. He didn't exactly "lie," but it was definitely misleading.

If you don't think everything is true in the movie, then do the research to see if it's true, you might be surprised to find things that are true that you thought weren't. I haven't heard about any major talk about any false statements in the movie (anything false in the movie would make big news, Moore didn't want that to happen so he made sure he got his facts right), most people that disliked the movie just said it was one-sided (which I think is a bad excuse, since they should have known that before seeing the movie).

JoshE
08-08-2004, 03:12 PM
anything false in the movie would make big news.

Well maybe he is telling the truth a lot because I'm sure a lot of republicans are checking his work looking to expose him to the public as a liar.

Anyway, the movie is awfully 1 sided giving Bushes faults but nothing he did right.

But the documentary is about Bushes Faults so giving 1 side could be justified. :think:

Champion Lance
08-24-2004, 05:22 PM
Well maybe he is telling the truth a lot because I'm sure a lot of republicans are checking his work looking to expose him to the public as a liar.

Anyway, the movie is awfully 1 sided giving Bushes faults but nothing he did right.

But the documentary is about Bushes Faults so giving 1 side could be justified. :think:

Well its about what Bush did wrong so it is Justified. :tongue:

LolJolteonMaster
08-24-2004, 05:51 PM
*puts Yay for Bush stickers all over thread* Moore is a stupid liar. He thought, this close to the election, all kerry lovers would see this movie, and who gets rich? Him. Democrats.

Alakazam
08-25-2004, 01:58 AM
*puts Yay for Bush stickers all over thread* Moore is a stupid liar. He thought, this close to the election, all kerry lovers would see this movie, and who gets rich? Him. Democrats.

LolJolteonMaster, I'm glad that we've got a different opinion, but cold you do us all a favor and tell us why you hate Farenheit 9/11 and/or Michael Moore, and why you like Bush rather than just flaming about it? Thanks.

Champion Lance
08-25-2004, 03:31 PM
LolJolteonMaster, I'm glad that we've got a different opinion, but cold you do us all a favor and tell us why you hate Farenheit 9/11 and/or Michael Moore, and why you like Bush rather than just flaming about it? Thanks.

Most 11 year olds don't form there own opinions about each candidate. They take the opinions which there parents give them. I'm not from America but If I was I would support Kerry.

PokemonElite2000
08-26-2004, 01:24 AM
Ah, you disagree, and that's perfectly fine, but don't call someone a liar without the proper research. Moore provided you the research to back up his claims. You need to provide your own reliable sources to back up your claims that he's a liar.

Because if you're calling the movie a lie, you're also calling major news organizations liars, like CNN, CBS, Boston Globe, Chicago Sun Times, NY Times, NY Daily News, and others. The material in his movie are supported by material from these news organizations, are you ready to call them liar too?

The link to the sources: http://www.michaelmoore.com/warroom/f911notes/index.php?id=16

JoshE
08-26-2004, 08:29 PM
Ah, you disagree, and that's perfectly fine, but don't call someone a liar without the proper research. Moore provided you the research to back up his claims. You need to provide your own reliable sources to back up your claims that he's a liar.

Because if you're calling the movie a lie, you're also calling major news organizations liars, like CNN, CBS, Boston Globe, Chicago Sun Times, NY Times, NY Daily News, and others. The material in his movie are supported by material from these news organizations, are you ready to call them liar too?

The link to the sources: http://www.michaelmoore.com/warroom/f911notes/index.php?id=16

He has been spaming in my thread Farenheit 9/11 Poll saying: Go Bush, and saying Micheal Moore is stupid. But why is he? Tell us loljolteonmaster.

Kenny_C.002
08-27-2004, 04:29 AM
It's a wonder how much more we know compared to the Amercians in their own news. People don't seem to realize that we don't have those censors that you guys have.

Note that Michael Moore has always been known to be exaggerating. Remember "Bowling for Columbine"?

JoshE
08-27-2004, 10:17 AM
It's a wonder how much more we know compared to the Amercians in their own news. People don't seem to realize that we don't have those censors that you guys have.

Note that Michael Moore has always been known to be exaggerating. Remember "Bowling for Columbine"?

I agree. American news is very censored.

Alakazam
08-30-2004, 01:51 AM

What kinds of things have you Canadians been told in the news that we haven't? *serious question* I'm curious as to exactly what your news has told you.

Kenny_C.002
08-30-2004, 02:04 AM
Well it all depends. We know of the Bush's connection with Al qaeda before the movie. That was soemthing. I'd have to actually see the movie before I can say much more.

Alakazam
08-30-2004, 02:09 AM
I, of course, highly reccomend it to you.

JoshE
08-30-2004, 08:13 PM
If you go to Europe and watch the news you will see more than american heavy weapons and Iraqi's falling back.