PDA

View Full Version : What Messenger to get?

Larvinator
01-29-2007, 12:41 PM
Hello, everybody. *waves wildly, then stops and glances around self-consciously* I've decided to beg my parents for an IM (again), but this time I'd like to get some feedback. Which IM do you have/think is the easiest to use? If you put "Other", please specify. Thank you. *waves*

Sixto
01-29-2007, 04:04 PM
Hello, everybody. *waves wildly, then stops and glances around self-consciously* I've decided to beg my parents for an IM (again), but this time I'd like to get some feedback. Which IM do you have/think is the easiest to use? If you put "Other", please specify. Thank you. *waves*
If you're in the URPG, I suggest AIM, but if you want cool features and overall better look, I suggest MSN. Or, you can get YIM which has a feature where you can talk to people with MSN.

Jack of Clovers
01-29-2007, 08:01 PM
Most everyone has AIM around here, I'd go with that one. Personally, YIM is the best.

~Jack~

death_metal_lawn_gnome
01-29-2007, 08:16 PM
i use msn so thats what i voted for
it works for me

Gamedude
01-29-2007, 11:45 PM
Msn is great but if you hate geting SPAM then get Yahoo it's all up to your friends that hate E mail

SyNeRgY
01-30-2007, 12:09 AM
Get AIM cause more ppl have it than any other messager...or just get MSN, YIM and AIM.

Rohypnol
01-30-2007, 12:12 AM
Msn is great but if you hate geting SPAM then get Yahoo it's all up to your friends that hate E mail

*Reads*
*Checks Yahoo Email*
*Deletes 15 spam messages*

Aim. Very useful for the URPG and alot of people have it.

Larvinator
01-30-2007, 12:15 AM
Hm...so, AIM is what everyone has, but it seems that Yahoo and MSN are more useful.

Rohypnol
01-30-2007, 12:20 AM
Hm...so, AIM is what everyone has, but it seems that Yahoo and MSN are more useful.
Lemme give you a rundown.

AIM: Most people have it and you get tons of URPG battles this way. Probably not the world's best messenger though.

MSN: Not many that good for URPG because of the layout but probably one of the best messengers.

YIM: Meh. It's pretty good messenger, not as good for URPG battles like AIM but it's and overall good messenger.

I have all 3 but I just show my AIM SN.

~KR

Legendary Wolf
01-30-2007, 01:12 AM
Id go with AIM works best

Volcanflame
01-30-2007, 01:15 AM
If you're in URPG, I suggest u to download AIM. Simple.

-Volcan-

Larvinator
01-30-2007, 02:01 AM
If you're in URPG, I suggest u to download AIM. Simple.

-Volcan-

Id go with AIM works best

Lemme give you a rundown.

AIM: Most people have it and you get tons of URPG battles this way. Probably not the world's best messenger though.

MSN: Not many that good for URPG because of the layout but probably one of the best messengers.

YIM: Meh. It's pretty good messenger, not as good for URPG battles like AIM but it's and overall good messenger.

I have all 3 but I just show my AIM SN.

~KR
I guess that settles that. AIM it is. Could someone give me a download link for an iMac?

Buizel
01-30-2007, 02:03 AM
I use YIM because it comes with yahoo email.

Ultima Shadow
01-30-2007, 07:20 AM
If you can't decide, get Trillian. iirc it has less features, but you can chat to people from tons of different messengers with one program.

Alonso
01-31-2007, 05:20 AM
Get AIM cause more ppl have it than any other messager...or just get MSN, YIM and AIM.

Are you sure? I think more people have MSN, that is if you combine the entire world against the US. AIM is America Online Instant Message but as some people say, most people on this forum use AIM.

Get what your friends have. If most have AIM then use it because it'll be easier to connect with them.

Hypocrisy is Fun
01-31-2007, 05:42 AM
Get trillian, you can be online all messengers at once.