PDA

View Full Version : Do Not Us Google

art
07-27-2004, 12:31 PM
News in holland states that the popular search-engine GOOGLE may contain a wurm. Along with some other engines, it has mostly stricken France and the UK. I suggest you try to avoid using google for a few days.

The worm has the power to cause pages not to load and it may have some other effects, but that has been unconfirmed. It also has the power to spread via E-mail, but there is no need to stop using that.

Nefarious
07-27-2004, 11:42 PM
The virus is called the mydoom virus. If you have been on google or other search engines that were exposed to the virus then you might have been exposed. It is also exposed through email.

JoshE
07-27-2004, 11:59 PM
I have been on Google and nothing has happend to my computer... :tongue2:

Tamer Marco
07-28-2004, 02:07 AM
****... I used Google about two days ago. It's taking about eight seconds to download a page while it should take two. :neutral: Maybe i'm just paranoid.

Nefarious
07-28-2004, 02:12 AM
It only effects some computers. It May infect your computer.

Tamer Marco
07-28-2004, 02:13 AM
Well I tried taking some of the programs in my AOL off for this sign on period and it's back to two seconds a page. That was all that was holding me up. :confused:

art
07-28-2004, 07:08 AM
Eugh!
I hate hackers n stuff... why do they do this stuff!?!

JoshE
07-28-2004, 02:29 PM
Eugh!

They are loosers who pretty much still live with there parents and have no lives at the age of 30 and such. :rolleyes:

****... I used Google about two days ago. It's taking about eight seconds to download a page while it should take two. :neutral: Maybe i'm just paranoid.

My guess is that you are. :tongue:

Matthew
07-30-2004, 10:33 AM
I don't know if it is the worm or not but I use yahoo for my mail and every time I go to the page where my mail is it redirects me to a search page that automatically set it self as my homepage and it wont go away -_-

I think my prob is spyware/ad-ware orientated... however, I ran scans using spybot S&D and Ad-AWare 6.0... and it aint helping... any siggestions?

I am gonna post this in another thread or its own if I can't put it anywhere else... kthanxbai!

Agent Orange
08-03-2004, 12:40 AM
Crud, can people in the USA get it? I went on, and my comp is...lagging.

groudon60
08-03-2004, 03:25 PM
I' in Europe now, and on the news, they talked about the virus, but it wasn't english. :susp: So I used it, And it loaded in only 3 seconds. :eek:

tonytrainer
08-03-2004, 06:21 PM
I don't know if it is the worm or not but I use yahoo for my mail and every time I go to the page where my mail is it redirects me to a search page that automatically set it self as my homepage and it wont go away -_-

I think my prob is spyware/ad-ware orientated... however, I ran scans using spybot S&D and Ad-AWare 6.0... and it aint helping... any siggestions?

I am gonna post this in another thread or its own if I can't put it anywhere else... kthanxbai!

Alright, Sorry to offtopic but Matthew, is your reseted start page is something like www.best-omega-search.com?
And to be ontopic, My brother uses Google all the time and I haven't a clue, but my internet is going kinda of wrong and my AIM isn't working right!

Matthew
08-04-2004, 12:30 AM
Alright, Sorry to offtopic but Matthew, is your reseted start page is something like www.best-omega-search.com?
And to be ontopic, My brother uses Google all the time and I haven't a clue, but my internet is going kinda of wrong and my AIM isn't working right!

that site is unaccesable at the moment... but this is what I get:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/Phoenix6288/home.gif

the web adress I get is: about:blank

strange... huh?

Techno Treecko
08-04-2004, 02:07 AM
that site is unaccesable at the moment... but this is what I get:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/Phoenix6288/home.gif

the web adress I get is: about:blank

strange... huh?

Off topic: Where did you get that awesome layout for your start menu / windows? That's pretty sweet (I want it now :tongue3:).

Matthew
08-04-2004, 02:43 AM
OFF TOPIC:

I got it at DeviantArt.com

It is called Airlocke.

I guess I will PM you a zip of it and the program you need to install it...

Pidgeot79
08-04-2004, 02:57 AM
I've been using the google toolbar instead of the site.My computer hasn't been slowing down or anything.

Kenny_C.002
08-04-2004, 03:53 AM
Ouch. Goggle is THE mostly usd engine there is, so you'd assume they would have quality security...

I'm wondering whether M$$$ has anything to do with it (since goggle refused M$$$'s offer to buy it out).

Matthew
08-04-2004, 08:01 AM
What is M$$$?

pokemon fan
08-04-2004, 03:06 PM
Eugh!

Thats an easy answer they have no lives and they want to make us misserable like them.

Kenny_C.002
08-27-2004, 04:58 AM
What is M$$$?

Sorry. I guess I shouldn't use M$$$ around here. M$$$ means micro$oft or microsoft.

Matthew
08-27-2004, 05:53 AM
Ahhhh... I assumed that but I wasn't sure... heh.

HaTeZ NoObZ
10-03-2004, 04:17 PM
noobz like this are really noobz...

ppl,ppl,ppl
why dont u download(or get)norton antivirus 2005.and never ever install things to your computer,

listen to uncle HN and ull be okey-dokey

Tamer Marco
10-03-2004, 09:30 PM
Dude, don't call us noobs, when you revived a two month old thread. <_<

Anyway, I have McAfee virus protection, and it's pretty good.

HaTeZ NoObZ
10-04-2004, 12:11 AM
i didnt call u noobz,just meant for u guyz to take simple actions(and sry if u took it in that way)...and whats the problem with reviving threads

Tamer Marco
10-04-2004, 12:13 AM
It's against the law! :tongue:

Really, it just clutters up the forum, which leads to SPAM. Sometimes, people may revive a thread that became obsolete or people aren't supposed to be posting in. It just helps not posting in things over a week old.

Matthew
10-06-2004, 02:10 AM
*Compares our post counts to yours*

Hmmm.... I think we know how things go around here...

Yeah... listen to DL... he knows what he is talking about... sometimes... XD

And it is only okay to call people n00bs if your name is Raik... @_@ XD

Yggdrasill
10-22-2004, 12:26 PM
i've been using google and my computer slowed down. bu then i stopped using it for a while, and it's not slow anymore. :eek:i don't know what's causing it may be a bug in GOOGLE, or maybe hackers.

art
10-25-2004, 05:40 PM
I loathe HN. Anyway, obviously Google is okay now. I just don't want people to grow confused.

boltAge
10-25-2004, 05:48 PM
i've been using google and my computer slowed down. bu then i stopped using it for a while, and it's not slow anymore. :eek:i don't know what's causing it may be a bug in GOOGLE, or maybe hackers.
Don't revive threads more than a week old.

Oh yeah, I've been using Google for the last few months, and I don't see a crap in my com at all. No prob definitely.

art
10-25-2004, 05:55 PM
Hm, the raik still lives. Anywho, I posted this quite long ago, and it appears almost no one was infected.

ELMO
01-16-2005, 09:45 PM
In my humble opinion, this rumor about the MyDoom on Google is just a nasty thing spread about by Google's competitiors. Google NEVER reported themselves that there was a risk for people to use their engine. If there was, they would've shut their site down. They are a freely traded company on the US stock Market. They would never take a chance with their customers' computers. :p

tardersauce_bleh
01-28-2005, 11:24 PM
Sorry. but I think that's crap.

thunder_pikachu
02-08-2005, 10:15 PM
I use google almost everyday and nothing still hasn't happened to my computer yet.

Matthew
02-09-2005, 02:21 AM
Don't revive threads more than a week old.

Oh yeah, I've been using Google for the last few months, and I don't see a crap in my com at all. No prob definitely.

In the words of the great Raiker....

Zenaku
02-09-2005, 04:22 PM
This thread is about half a year old, so the MyDoom virus (If it ever existed) isn't around anymore. To prevent further revives...