PDA

View Full Version : =-Harry Potter and the Thread of Discussion-=

Matthew
07-28-2004, 02:05 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/Phoenix6288/BANNERS/hpattod.png

----------------------- =>o<= -----------------------

=-Greeting-=

Heh... catchy header, huh? lol. Anyway, Hello, and welcome to the 'Harry Potter and the Thread of Discussion'... er... thread, lol. Make yourself at home and discuss the phenomena that is Harry Potter.

=-Purpose-=

To discuss Harry Potter. Here, you will talk about the movies, the books, upcoming movies, and upcoming books, and everything else that is Harry Potter.

=-Rules-=

1) No Spam
2) No Fighting
3) Respect each other!
4) Most of all, Have fun!

and with that, Let the discussion begin!
----------------

I have alot to say about Harry Potter. Mainly about the movies... and maybe a few about the books as well.

I would like to say that I did not like the way that they presented The Prisoner of Azkaban Movie . Alot was changed and cut out from the book. I liked the way that Colubus directed the first two movies. Anybody agree with me?

I also heard, via comingsoon.net, that they are going to cut out the Dursley's entirely from the fourth movie, Goblet of Fire.. I really didn't like the Dursley's anyway, though I am going to be sad that I won't be able to see Dud's tongue grow enormously large. and Arthur's comical interactions with the Dursley's themselves. :cries:. Anyway, They said that they were going to cut right to either the Burrow (The Weasly's home) or the Quidditch World Cup. This movie is going to be awesome! The special effects will be great. I wonder how long it is going to be... it better be more than 3 hours and not as bad as the third movie. I did not like it at all... The movie is expected to hit theaters in November of 2005. Can't wait!

As for the sixth Harry Potter book, it is entitled 'Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince'. Don't you think they could have come up with a much bettter name. 'Order of the Phoenix, now that was a catchy name! It was also my most favorite of the books thus far. It was very suspensful, and held enormous truths about the story. It was amazing! I loved it. (The book was also blue, my most favorite color! ^^; I also like Phoenix's)

**SPOILER**
=Warning. A few lines below contains very important information about the OotP's plot. Do not look down if you wish not to ruin the book.=

Highlite the below text to read, However, it does contain Spoilers.

-------
Sirius Black died... that wasn't cool man! Black was an awesome character. I just have a feeling that he isn't dead... I don't know why. His death was somewhat rushed and unexpected... just strange to me... Does anybody else think so?
--------

***END SPOILER***

Anyways, this is all I can think to say right now. Well, get to discussing! Hrhrhrh :biggrin:

Tamer Marco
07-28-2004, 03:11 AM
I"ve only read one book, which was the first and only like fifteen pages. I have a question. How did the Wizard kill Harry's parents?

Matthew
07-28-2004, 03:21 AM
The wizard, He Who Must Not Be Named (aka Lord Voldermort) Killed Harry's parents with one of the unforgivable curses (explained in detail in Book 4) The Curse he used is the worst of the three U.C's. It is Avada Kadavara (sp?) It is a spell that shoots a green beam of magic at the target and instantly kills the target. Harry's dad died first, followed closley by his mom, than Voldermort turned towards Harry, but the love that Lily (Harry's mom) showed toward Harry before she died protected him from the curse; it only leaving a scar, bonding Harry and Voldermort magically. When LV is close to HP, his scar hurts, and when HP touches LV (I think) LV becomes hurt (Correct me if I am wrong...).

Meh... too much explaining! lol...

Tamer Marco
07-28-2004, 03:26 AM
The wizard, He Who Must Not Be Named (aka Lord Voldermort) Killed Harry's parents with one of the unforgivable curses (explained in detail in Book 4) The Curse he used is the worst of the three U.C's. It is Avada Kadavara (sp?) It is a spell that shoots a green beam of magic at the target and instantly kills the target. Harry's dad died first, followed closley by his mom, than Voldermort turned towards Harry, but the love that Lily (Harry's mom) showed toward Harry before she died protected him from the curse; it only leaving a scar, bonding Harry and Voldermort magically. When LV is close to HP, his scar hurts, and when HP touches LV (I think) LV becomes hurt (Correct me if I am wrong...).

Meh... too much explaining! lol...Hmm... Harry Potter books sound interesting. I might buy one soon. But when you posted that it brought back a funny memory. On the newest episode of The Grim Adventures Of Billy And Mandy there was this guy, and if his name was mention (Lord Moldybutt) terrible things would happen.:tongue3:

Matthew
07-28-2004, 03:32 AM
Heh. I watched an pisode of that... didn't like it much. lol. YEah... bad things don't happen if you say LV's name, but people are so afraid of him, that the sound of his name frightens them... so they call him he who musst not be named. I also forgot to mention, after LV attacked HP, LV was nearly killed... and he stayed a recluse for about 10-11 years and started to gain back his strength shortly before HP was admitted in Hogwarts. You should read them... they are very interesting!

tonytrainer
07-28-2004, 02:26 PM
Yay!I wondered when this was coming up!
I love Harry Potter!He's my favorite character in any book!I saw the movies, I read all the books and...what was it....oh, ya the games...I didn't finish does!
About the upcoming book, The Half-Blood Prince...It's a cool name, after me!
I wonder what will happen?

I read in an article once that before the book "HP and the Order of the Phoenix" appeared, some words written by J.K.Rowling, from the book, on a piece of paper, costed 40.000 at an auction....
WOW!

And about the movie, it will be awsome. But I seen that all the movies exept the first one, haven't followed the line of the book and after me the latest movie was a cr*p! I mean they even didn't dressed The main characters in robes!Please.... And they said that Hermione and Ron where in love... That is proposteres... They almost don't suport each other... They had so many argues between them as much as I have teeth in my mouth!

Tamer Marco
07-28-2004, 03:17 PM
Hey, where can you get that fake chinese book? :tongue3: Actually, i'm looking for the Order Of the Pheonix or something like that.

JoshE
07-28-2004, 05:43 PM
Spoiler

I don't think we will see another apearence in the book from Sirius. Yet he was one of my favorite characters. It is a shame he dies but I think his death will motivate harry in the next book. It will play a big effect I think.

End Spoiler

Highlight my comment on Sirius Black.

Matthew
07-28-2004, 09:07 PM
Hey, where can you get that fake chinese book? :tongue3: Actually, i'm looking for the Order Of the Pheonix or something like that.

I'm sure you can find OotP at any book store.

JoshE
07-28-2004, 11:24 PM
New Topic: What do you think the title of book 6 will be?

silverfrost
07-29-2004, 05:18 AM
New Topic: What do you think the title of book 6 will be?

Actually, they already released to the public that it will be titled Harry Potter and The Half-blood Prince. :cool:

Matthew
07-29-2004, 08:48 AM
Actually, they already released to the public that it will be titled Harry Potter and The Half-blood Prince. :cool:

Yup... I already mentioned that in my first post... I don't really like the title but I can tell you it is going to be great! Can anybody gimme an estimated date for its release? I don't want to wait another 2 years -_-

tonytrainer
07-29-2004, 11:06 AM
Yup... I already mentioned that in my first post... I don't really like the title but I can tell you it is going to be great! Can anybody gimme an estimated date for its release? I don't want to wait another 2 years -_-
Aaaaa....In case you didn't notice, with each book Rowling is getting better and writes a lot... Lots more... That means that this book will way a tone... And we have to wait a little bit more... That means March next year... Patience... I think that this is the correct date of appearence...
The Order of the Phoenix appeared...I can't remember... around June last year (I think! :oops: ), so It's just a two year stand between those books....

Matthew
07-29-2004, 11:50 AM
Doesn't she have them all writen already? I don't know... yeah... OotP was released on June 20th, 2003. I was so excitred... I was in Mexico on a cruise at the time though. Ummm... you have the source you got that from? I would like to see if March is right.... I don't wanna get too over wxcited... anyways, I am going to bed now... night.

JoshE
07-29-2004, 07:33 PM
Doesn't she have them all writen already? I don't know... yeah... OotP was released on June 20th, 2003. I was so excitred... I was in Mexico on a cruise at the time though. Ummm... you have the source you got that from? I would like to see if March is right.... I don't wanna get too over wxcited... anyways, I am going to bed now... night.

No she does not have them all written.

silverfrost
07-30-2004, 12:22 AM
Actually, about the next book being even longer, I've heard rumors stating otherwise. Apparently, the next one will be a bit shorter than OoTP... So that's sort of interesting. And no, I have no clue when it'll be released. I hope it isn't in like, 3 years again. x_x;

Pokemon_Master_Nikki99
07-30-2004, 07:36 AM
Heh,clever name for the thread!

Anyways,I luff Harry Potter!It is sooo cool!I have played all the games,seen all the movies and have/read all of the books!The graphics in PoA were cool,especially Buckbeak,but I kind of miss the parts taken out :( .

Heh,me and my friends love Harry Potter soo much,we once made wands out of sticks and ran around pretending we were wizards,and every time a car would come we would hide soo Muggles wouldn't see us,and we spoke not of He Who Must Not Be Named,and we pretended that the 'V' on the street that has been there since before I moved here meant that Voldemort was about. *laughs* Man,that was fun!!

I also had a Harry Potter birthday before PoA came out based on TCoS,the second movie/book/game.It was so cool!On the front foor was a sign that read 'Welceom too Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry' and we got HP wands,and people made their own hats and woe black capes,and we had signs all over the house.We crumpled up an old black Halloween hat and made the Sorting Hat.My mom was Prof.McGonagall :) .We hung up a Unicorn Blanket in the doorway too the kitchen and the sign in front read 'Dark Forest.Out of Bounds.Any students who enter will be expelled!' !And down the hallway we had a peice of cardboard that read 'Chamber Of Secrets,Beware the monster within' and underneath it we drew Basilisk eyes so it looked like the Basilisk,and on the bathrrom door there were signs that read 'Prefects Luvirty,Beware of Moaning Myrtle'!It was so awesome!I'm going too be Hermione for Halloween :D Me and my best friends were Gryffindors,and throughout the whole thing we kept interupting and chanting 'Gyrffindor!Gyrffindor!' Heh.We also played Trivia Games of Harry Potter for points,and we got a small trophy too be the House Cup..Slytherin won it >.< and my Piniata was a wizards hat.

Woo,that was a long explanation.. O.O

Matthew
07-30-2004, 07:41 AM
Heh! How old are you Nikki? That would be an awesome b-day party... though I am turning 18 in about half a year... so yeah... lol.

Pokemon_Master_Nikki99
07-30-2004, 07:57 AM
I'm 10,so there were a bunch of 8-10 year olds running around in capes with wands chanting spells..sort of hectic,but still fun!I had too teach my friend Shelby how too correctly pronounce 'Wimguardian Leviosa' (sp?) and she still can't say it o.O People who have read the books (Me and my best friend Keni) were often yelling 'Expecto Patronum' at each other,or else quoting the books at suitable yet random moments.Example,we were sitting on the couch together and one of your fellow Gryffindors,Zach,a boy who is our friend and yet we still poke and pick on him alot,we look at each other and we're both thinking 'Excellent..Snivellus!'

tonytrainer
07-30-2004, 08:05 PM
Well...The source is my friend, but he didn't tell me where he got it from...So don't over excite yourself...
If J.K. Rowling had them written already, meant that she doesn't have to make us wait two or three years until she publishes the other!
Have you heard that the Harry Potter industry (I mean anything from the movies and books to the coffe mugdes) made more than 50 mil. $ per year?
J.K. Rowling compets with Bill Gates as the richest man/woman on the earth(If Gates got married with J.K. Rowling they could have more money than we could Imagine, Enought to buy Europe and Asia and still left with change...! But it's just something from my Imagination!) :eh:

Nice Birthday party Nikki! I think it was so cool, and me and my friends thought that we had wondes and one day we took them at school and my math teacher thought they where dangerous and ripped them... :tongue:
I can say to you that you must be proud to be a Gryffindor!I am also a one (In the Harry Potter Website I was made Gryffindor by the sorting hat!)
If you have visited the site click here (http://www.harrypotter.com) !

JoshE
08-03-2004, 08:31 PM
I'm 10,so there were a bunch of 8-10 year olds running around in capes with wands chanting spells..sort of hectic,but still fun!I had too teach my friend Shelby how too correctly pronounce 'Wimguardian Leviosa' (sp?) and she still can't say it o.O People who have read the books (Me and my best friend Keni) were often yelling 'Expecto Patronum' at each other,or else quoting the books at suitable yet random moments.Example,we were sitting on the couch together and one of your fellow Gryffindors,Zach,a boy who is our friend and yet we still poke and pick on him alot,we look at each other and we're both thinking 'Excellent..Snivellus!'

lol, that sounds hilarious. :lol:

Matthew
08-04-2004, 12:52 AM
Well...The source is my friend, but he didn't tell me where he got it from...So don't over excite yourself...
If J.K. Rowling had them written already, meant that she doesn't have to make us wait two or three years until she publishes the other!
Have you heard that the Harry Potter industry (I mean anything from the movies and books to the coffe mugdes) made more than 50 mil. $ per year?
J.K. Rowling compets with Bill Gates as the richest man/woman on the earth(If Gates got married with J.K. Rowling they could have more money than we could Imagine, Enought to buy Europe and Asia and still left with change...! But it's just something from my Imagination!) :eh:

Nice Birthday party Nikki! I think it was so cool, and me and my friends thought that we had wondes and one day we took them at school and my math teacher thought they where dangerous and ripped them... :tongue:
I can say to you that you must be proud to be a Gryffindor!I am also a one (In the Harry Potter Website I was made Gryffindor by the sorting hat!)
If you have visited the site click here (http://www.harrypotter.com) !

@_@... opps... sorry... lol. I forgot that she didn't have them all written... for some reason my brain wasn't working right... she does, however, have the very ending of the series written.

silverfrost
08-04-2004, 05:56 PM
Heh! How old are you Nikki? That would be an awesome b-day party... though I am turning 18 in about half a year... so yeah... lol.

lol, Same with me. @_@ So that would be kind of... =X

But when I was 10, my birthday parties were never that fun. XD They were really boring, from what I can actually remember. But having a Harry Potter theme to it must've been... interesting, to say the least. o_o

Matthew
08-05-2004, 05:01 AM
lol, Same with me. @_@ So that would be kind of... =X

But when I was 10, my birthday parties were never that fun. XD They were really boring, from what I can actually remember. But having a Harry Potter theme to it must've been... interesting, to say the least. o_o

Heh... When I was 10, I had b-day parties at Chuck E. Cheese's or Discovery Zone...

JoshE
08-05-2004, 02:46 PM
Can anyone tell me if the XBOX Video Game for Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkanban is good?

Matthew
08-06-2004, 01:23 AM
It looks alot cooler than the other two games...

The average rating at Gamefaqs is around 7/10...

here is a link, you can go read some reveiws there:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/review/919439.html

JoshE
08-06-2004, 02:42 AM
If its as short as they say it is, then I wont buy it.

Pokemon_Master_Nikki99
08-06-2004, 03:39 AM
It was super-fun :)

Actually,I think the Prisoner of Azkaban game is pretty awesome.Especially the dementors,and you being able too fly buckbeak around andland on top of Hogwarts.And steering The Patronus,and being Hedwig too get the Mauraderss Map.It is sooooooooo much better then the other games.I like being Hermione.

Whats really cool is there are now prefects,teachers and trolls and stuff too get around instead of just prefects.The graphics are cool,and I like the fact that they thought about giving each player different skills and different spells that sort of match their personality.

EX:
Harry can learn Expecto Patronum,and can climb up things nadj ump gaps bravely.

Hermione can learn alot more spells then either Harry or ron,and is bessed at crawling under gaps and reading books.

Ron can learn little spells,though most are sort of useful and he is the one that can find puzzled walls...this doesn't fit Ron very much,but oh well...

~*Shiney*~

Matthew
08-06-2004, 07:15 AM
Eh... I would just go out and rent it... lol.

JoshE
08-08-2004, 04:15 PM
Eh... I would just go out and rent it... lol.

Yeah, maybe I will do that. Sounds smarter. Wouldn't want to waste $49.99

on a game I might not like.