PDA

View Full Version : Movesets, yes?

Ketchup
02-03-2007, 09:53 PM
Well, I've come to the conclusion that I need some decent moves for my Rescue Team recruitments. The list is considerably long, but suggestions and feedback would be very much appreciated.

Swampert: This is the Swampert I recruited at the Dojo. I, personally, like Swampert and plan to use him for missions, etc. Of course, first I need a decent Moveset. Knowing me, I like a variety of moves, a move for any situation. For example, I'd rather have a Ground, Water, Normal, and Ice moveset compared to a water-based one.
Level: 37
Moves:
- (?)
- (?)
-Ice Beam
-Earthquake

I was considering a basic move, a Normal one, but I'm not sure. Tackle is considerably weak and I don't want Take Down. Next, I was thinking about a water-based move, maybe Water Gun, but that too, is far too weak. Maybe, Brick Break, but I have my doubts.

Zetsu the Victreebel: Personally, I thought it would be interesting to have a Bellsprout evolution at a high level. Yet, I lack the moves for such a daring stunt.
Level: 21
Moves:
-Vine Whip
- (?)
- (?)
- (?)

Incidently, I want to keep Vine Whip. I think it matches quite well. Other than that, I'm completely lost. =/

Hidan the Scyther: Everybody loves a Scyther. I do, too, and I want to further my love with an even better moveset than the current.
Level: 32
Moves:
-Slash
-Wing Attack/Aerial Ace (?)
- (?)
- (?)

I'd prefer Slash, possibly Wide Slash. However, I was also hoping for a decent Flying move, perhaps Aerial Ace. Then, perhaps a Bug move, but I'm not too sure yet.

Tobi the Spinda: The fact that this is a Normal Pokemon who can learn not only Normal moves but Dark and Psychic ones is just amazing.
Moves:
- Faint Attack (?)
- Psychic
- Psybeam (?)
- (?)

I honestly have nothing else to say.

Kisame the Sharpedo:
Level: 30
Moves:
-Crunch
-Screech
- (?)
- (?)

Regirock: One of my favorite Pokemon, I just love Regirock.
Level: 20
Moves:
- Rock Throw/Earthquake
- Curse (?)
- Superpower (?)
- (?)

Check out my latest Regirock Pixel-Over in the Spriter's Showcase, page 400.

---

I have a few more, but first I would like some help with the current ones. No specific member needs to answer them all at once, but if you have suggestions, please help.

Hoshika
02-03-2007, 10:21 PM
How'd you RECRUIT A SWAMPERT IN THE DOJO?! T-T

Well, I've come to the conclusion that I need some decent moves for my Rescue Team recruitments. The list is considerably long, but suggestions and feedback would be very much appreciated.

Swampert: This is the Swampert I recruited at the Dojo. I, personally, like Swampert and plan to use him for missions, etc. Of course, first I need a decent Moveset. Knowing me, I like a variety of moves, a move for any situation. For example, I'd rather have a Ground, Water, Normal, and Ice moveset compared to a water-based one.
Level: 37
Moves:
- (?) Try Tackle, Take Down, or Return/Frustration.
- (?) Water Pulse/Hydro Pump.
-Ice Beam
-Earthquake

I was considering a basic move, a Normal one, but I'm not sure. Tackle is considerably weak and I don't want Take Down. Next, I was thinking about a water-based move, maybe Water Gun, but that too, is far too weak. Maybe, Brick Break, but I have my doubts.

Zetsu the Victreebel: Personally, I thought it would be interesting to have a Bellsprout evolution at a high level. Yet, I lack the moves for such a daring stunt.
Moves:
-Vine Whip
- (?) Ooh, try Toxic! (Wish Focus Energy was possible. o_o)
- (?) Some kind of good Normal attack. Cut? Return/Frustration?
- (?) Thief to give variety and easy item retrival.

Incidently, I want to keep Vine Whip. I think it matches quite well. Other than that, I'm completely lost. =/

Hidan the Scyther: Everybody loves a Scyther. I do, too, and I want to further my love with an even better moveset than the current.
Level: 32
Moves:
-Slash
-Wing Attack/Aerial Ace (?) Aerial Ace is better. POSSIBLE LINK: Double Team
- (?) Pursuit is cool!
- (?) Steel Wing? Or you can link Double Team to Slash/Aerial Ace. Cool! =D

I'd prefer Slash, possibly Wide Slash. However, I was also hoping for a decent Flying move, perhaps Aerial Ace. Then, perhaps a Bug move, but I'm not too sure yet.

Tobi the Spinda: The fact that this is a Normal Pokemon who can learn not only Normal moves but Dark and Psychic ones is just amazing.
Moves:
- Faint Attack (?)
- Psychic
- Psybeam (?) You already have a Psychic attack. Water Pulse/Shock Wave can compensate!
- (?) You want a Dark type move? Then Thief. =\

I honestly have nothing else to say.

Kisame the Sharpedo:
Level: 30
Moves:
-Crunch
-Screech POSSIBLE LINK: Strength (See move 4)
- (?) Get a Water-type move! Surf! Water Pulse! Dive! Anything!
- (?) Rock Tomb, dude. Or link Strength to Screech.

Regirock: One of my favorite Pokemon, I just love Regirock.
Level: 20
Moves:
- Rock Throw/Earthquake
- Curse (?) Regirock's gonna die of low speed. Replace with Lock-On? POSSIBLE LINK: Zap Cannon/Thunder
- Superpower (?)
- (?) Any Normal-type attack besides Hyper Beam will work after Superpowering.

Check out my latest Regirock Pixel-Over in the Spriter's Showcase, page 400.

---

I have a few more, but first I would like some help with the current ones. No specific member needs to answer them all at once, but if you have suggestions, please help.

My suggestions in bold.

Ketchup
02-03-2007, 10:50 PM
Like, Wtf? (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30569)
-That should answer how I recuited the Swampert.

Swampert: I like that, Water Pulse. I'll probably try that, thanks.

Zetsu: I actually like the idea of Toxic. Cut caught my eye, too. About Thief, though, can't Victreebel learn Bite/Crunch, or am I wrong?

Hidan: Aerial Ace was my thoughts exactly, and I'm fond of the Steel Wing suggestion, too. Maybe Pursuit, but Double Team also catches my eye. Probably Persuit.

What do you think of Wide Slash? Yes, no?

Tobi: Spinda can learn Shock Wave and Water Pulse? I'll probably try Shock Wave, as I seem to prefer Electric moves over Water.

Kisame: Water Pulse, then the Strength/Screech combination. I like that. Maybe Rock Tomb, though. I have to do some research.

Regirock: Regirock can learn Thunder and Zap Cannon? Link those two, then I'm set, I suppose.

I guess I should get someone else's feedback before I make my final decision, though.

What about:

Kakuzu the Persian: I've been meaning to work on a Moveset for this one, but I haven't had the time.
Level: 29
Moves:
- (?)
- (?)
- (?)
- (?)

Lost on this. >_>

Tory vs Meaty II
02-03-2007, 10:55 PM
Dude, Water Pulse sucks.

@Leftovers
Swampert
-Curse
-Ice Beam
-Surf
-Earthquake

Other options: Rest, Sleep Talk, in D/P, Swampert would be cool like Feraligatr.

Leman
02-03-2007, 10:56 PM
Dude, Water Pulse sucks.

@Leftovers
Swampert
-Curse
-Ice Beam
-Surf
-Earthquake

Other options: Rest, Sleep Talk, in D/P, Swampert would be cool like Feraligatr.

This is Mystery Dungeon, not the regular game.

Hoshika
02-03-2007, 11:01 PM
Dude, Water Pulse sucks.

@Leftovers
Swampert
-Curse
-Ice Beam
-Surf
-Earthquake

This is for PMD. There's no Leftovers in PMD, and Rest stinks in this game. Think, if you use Rest with low HP and stay asleep for 5 turns, the foe will most likely kill you, since you recover AFTER waking. Plus, Swampert can't learn Sleep Talk in this. Please rate teams correctly. D=

Anyway, Victreebel can't learn ANY attacks. Unless you Doom Seed it. o.o

Like, Wtf? (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30569)
-That should answer how I recuited the Swampert.

Swampert: I like that, Water Pulse. I'll probably try that, thanks.

Zetsu: I actually like the idea of Toxic. Cut caught my eye, too. About Thief, though, can't Victreebel learn Bite/Crunch, or am I wrong? Wrong! =P

Hidan: Aerial Ace was my thoughts exactly, and I'm fond of the Steel Wing suggestion, too. Maybe Pursuit, but Double Team also catches my eye. Probably Persuit.

What do you think of Wide Slash? Yes, no? I don't use those uberly new moves. =\

Tobi: Spinda can learn Shock Wave and Water Pulse? I'll probably try Shock Wave, as I seem to prefer Electric moves over Water. You CAN replace Thief with Water Pulse, too.

Kisame: Water Pulse, then the Strength/Screech combination. I like that. Maybe Rock Tomb, though. I have to do some research.

Regirock: Regirock can learn Thunder and Zap Cannon? Link those two, then I'm set, I suppose. DO NOT get both Thunder and Zap Cannon. Only one of them. Zap Cannon seems good to me, though.

I guess I should get someone else's feedback before I make my final decision, though.

What about:

Kakuzu the Persian: I've been meaning to work on a Moveset for this one, but I haven't had the time.
Level: 29
Moves:
- (?) Scratch? Slash? Quick Attack? Fury Swipes is pretty good, too, unlike FS in the mainstream games. O_O
- (?) Teh Bite is fun.
- (?) ZOMG SHADOW BALL?! Or Iron Tail would be ideal.
- (?) Digdigdig, Aerial Ace!

Lost on this. >_>

Tory vs Meaty II
02-03-2007, 11:05 PM
Swampert@Friend Bow
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Brick Break
-Earthquake

LOl, saying Rest stinks on the game.

Ketchup
02-03-2007, 11:33 PM
Dude, Water Pulse sucks.
That's what I thought when I first played Mystery Dungeon, but I was proved wrong so fast.

Anyway, Victreebel can't learn ANY attacks. Unless you Doom Seed it. o.o
It can't? O_o

My Final decision:

Swampert:
-Water Pulse
-Brick Break
-Ice Beam
-Earthquake

Zetsu: Okay, so much for being a Fly-Trap, no Crunch. =(
-Vine Whip
-Toxic
-Cut
-Thief / Maybe Bullet Seed

Hidan:
-Slash
-Aerial Ace
-Pursuit
-Steel Wing

Tobi:
-Faint Attack
-Psychic
-Water Pulse
-Shock Wave

Kisame:
-Crunch
-Surf
-Screech
- Rock Tomb

Regirock:
-Earthquake
-Zap Cannon
-Superpower
-Rock Throw / A Normal move

Kakuzu: I'll test Fury Swipes, if not that, Slash.
-Slash / Fury Swipes
-Shadow Ball
-Iron Tail
-Aerial Ace

---

No use letting a decent thread go to waste, so I have a few more Pokemon open for suggestions:

Orochimaru the Arbok:
Level: 33
Moves:
- Toxic / Acid
- Bite (?)
- (?)
- (?)

Itachi the Sneasel: Knowing that Sneasel is an Ice-type, I'll assume it can learn Ice Beam, yes?
Moves:
- Shadow Ball
- Ice BEam
- (?)
- (?)

Deoxys: I'm not sure how Deoxys works, as I've never even used him in battle, so I have no clue what I'm doing. All I know is he changes between his Attack, Speed, and Defense stages between floors.
Level: 35
Moves:
- (?)
- (?)
- (?)
- (?)

Charizard: I've used him plenty of times in Wish Cave and Joyous Tower, so I figure I might as well give him the honor of a decent moveset.
Level: 36
Moves:
- Slash
- Flamethrower / Fire Blast
- Aerial Ace
- Dragon Claw (Possible?)