PDA

View Full Version : More Pokemon Names!!

Shozuka
02-12-2007, 09:30 PM
In Serebii, they announced many new pokemon names!!

Naetoru- Turtwig

Hikozaru- Chimchar

Pochama- Pochama

Mukkuru- Starly

Korobooshi- Kricketot

Korinku- Spinx

Tateopusu- Shieldon

Pachrisu- Pachrisu

Floatsel- Floatzel

Karanakushi- Snelio

Mimioru- Buneary

Nyaruma- Glameow

Pinpuku- Happini

Gregguru- Croalurk

Masukippa- Carnivine

Everyday, more names will come. I will keep in touch.

BathedinBlue
02-13-2007, 01:31 AM
+ They are TERRIBLE! People did better jobs making up names here on the forums. The only one I like so far is Chimchar. Why was Pochama and Pachirisu kept? I can barely say them. And Turtwig keeps coming out like "Turt-Wig"..."Tur-Twig" doesnt roll off the tounge that easily.

ThePokemonMaster131
02-13-2007, 01:34 AM
Well Starly IS NOT OFFICIAL! Not 100% that is! But Turttwig is a pretty good name in my opinion! But Why was Pochama kept? lol And the new Chimchar is pretty cool ChimCHAR
Like CHARmander! lol

lugia_ho-oh
02-13-2007, 02:11 AM
I am happy they kept Pochama, but I like Naetle better. I'll keep calling him Naetle, it makes me feel better. YAY! Now I am a true nerd, I kniw most the japenese names, now to shove it in my cuz'es face...... :twisted:

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
02-13-2007, 05:26 AM
Tur... twig? o_o

My poor little grass-starter. First it has a weird looking final evo, and now a crummy name. =[
Sometimes I wish I never knew the Japanese names, then the English ones mightn't sound so bad. It's nice to see they're keeping some of the Japanese names, though.

Fire Pkmn Master
02-13-2007, 05:31 AM
This is like the third thread today about the damn names.
The only one I like is Chimchar and Electivire.[Elikible you know Electubuzz's evolved form]
When i say Turtwig its like im saying Turt twig. o__O
I know its only one T but it comes out like that.

Hypocrisy is Fun
02-13-2007, 05:42 AM
I don't really trust serebii and their translations. They were wrong about quite a few now.

Fire Pkmn Master
02-13-2007, 05:59 AM
What are you talking about. Some of them are just probably mispelled they said. We cant be sure yet anyways. Besides we still have 2 more months until it comes out so believe them or not they are going to be the same names once the US names are all given.

Hypocrisy is Fun
02-13-2007, 06:04 AM
What do you mean, "what are you talking about?"

I pretty much summarized what you just said, but noted that serebii isn't reliable with names sometimes. :ermm:

Deoxys2000
02-13-2007, 09:33 AM
Bad Names(Not That Much). Why Did They Do This To Hikozaru T^T
Pachrisu and Hippini Names are Cool xD

I'll Get Used To Them ^_^

Ultima Shadow
02-13-2007, 09:58 AM
Floatzel and Spinx are the only ones I'm fond of. I suppose Starly is okay, but then again it doesn't suit Mukkuru. I suppose we have to get used to them... xPPP Hopefully, I'll grow to like the names.

Starly
02-13-2007, 11:02 AM
Starly and Pochama I like their names. For Chatot I wished they had kept it's Japanese name

STORMTROOPER X
02-13-2007, 07:25 PM
It could be worse. Thats all I'm going to say.

Fire Pkmn Master
02-13-2007, 07:34 PM

I pretty much summarized what you just said, but noted that serebii isn't reliable with names sometimes. :ermm:

OMG i knew what you were talking about i just said it as if you were crazy or something.

Shozuka
02-13-2007, 09:23 PM
More names are coming soon.

Solarlegend
02-14-2007, 02:11 AM
IT doesn't REALLY MATTER what their names are, Serebii website says they are not 100% approved so everybody just calm down. the real names will come out in April.:eh:

Ali the Dark One
02-14-2007, 02:26 AM

He said: What are you talking about. You thought he said: What are you talking about? but he meant to say: WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!?

About the names, most of them are terrible, but I can understand why they made Naetle's name Turtwig. As much as that name sucks, they probably wanted turtle in the name, but they didn't want to add urtle or tle as a suffix, because they had already made the pokemon squirtle, which has the word turtle's tle as a suffix, they tried to make it's name with a prefix that was a part of the word turtle, so they called it Turtwig, only problem is, the name is crappy... They've almost completely run out of plant words now though: sprout, bulb, ivy, weeping, bay leaf, leaf, kern, tree, grove, lotus, seed, shroom, cactus, rose, lily, tropical...

Deoxys2000
02-14-2007, 09:36 AM
Yeah i think your right ali3729328.

Shozuka
02-14-2007, 05:13 PM
Pochama is NOT keeping it's JP name.

Pochama's english name is Piplup. This name is Terrbile!!

Deoxys2000
02-14-2007, 05:23 PM
Pochama is NOT keeping it's JP name.

Pochama's english name is Piplup. This name is Terrbile!!
We Already Knew It. These are old News.
Piplup is Very Cool Name Too.
They Are Not 100% Confirmed.

SteelArson
02-14-2007, 09:14 PM
yer pochamas eng name is terrable, too many ps and its suposed to sound like droplets of water so wats its fanal evo gona be called plash

also following the turtwig fassion tortree looks like the name for its final evo dont u think

and carnivine sounds cool

Frozen_Mystic
02-14-2007, 11:58 PM
I'm not fond of many of the names. Turtwig? It makes me want to puke! That's it, when I choose it (which I will) I'm naming it Naetoru. They'd better get a good name for Yukimenoko, or else!:twisted: Darn, I should've brung my bazooka.... Damn it.

Anastasia-R
02-22-2007, 12:43 AM
Whats up with the names ?????!!!!!!??!?!?!?!? I hread better names then Turtwig,but I will buy the games.

~Anastasiar~

Espeon EX
02-22-2007, 01:07 AM
Whats up with the names ?????!!!!!!??!?!?!?!? I hread better names then Turtwig,but I will buy the games.

~Anastasiar~

Well we have to learn to get used to the names, but what the hay, we used to think the english names in R/S are stupid, but now we like it, that is gonna happen with D/P, we'll learn to like it.

MysticAura
02-22-2007, 12:10 PM
We can always nickname our pokemon with the japanese names...I think I'll nickname my Piplup with Pochama when I receive it...

Anastasia-R
02-22-2007, 06:33 PM
I found a new name.

Roseade is the last stage of Roselia. That all I have.

~Anastasiar~

ZadokRox
02-22-2007, 06:48 PM
Roserade reminds me of Rose Parade (Rose + Parade - Pa = Roserade). Clever name.

Today is exactly two months before the US release of D/P. That means, of course, a whole bunch more English names to come.

Furyflame
02-23-2007, 01:50 AM
What kind of a name is croagunk?? It sounds like something that I would find on the bottom of my shoe.

Anastasia-R
02-23-2007, 05:01 PM
I found another name.

Cherimu: Cherrim for US name.

~Anastasiar~

Furyflame
02-24-2007, 02:56 AM
Good for you to bad a lot of us check Serebii a lot.So thats old news for me.