PDA

View Full Version : Fire Pokemon for Gold

MagmarMan
02-14-2007, 02:09 PM
I need an idea for a strong fire type pokemon for gold.

I'd like too stear away from Charizard, Typhlosion, and Magmar just for the sake of something new.

I have R/B/Y and G/S/C so trading is fine.

Thanks in advance!!

Deoxys2000
02-14-2007, 02:12 PM
Rapidash and Ninetales are Strong!
I Think You Should Have Them!

MagmarMan
02-14-2007, 02:30 PM
Ninetails sounds pretty good, thanks a lot!!

Anyother ideas people? (Although I don't think Ninetails will be beat now that I'm thinking about it!)

Bloody TC
02-14-2007, 09:26 PM
My favorite fire pokemon in g/s/c is:

Houndoom:
Sunny Day
Solarbeam
Flamethrower
Crunch

pkmn trainer Vincent
02-14-2007, 09:30 PM
I'd raise a Ninetails, it leans good moves and it's stats are always good ones.

MagmarMan
02-14-2007, 11:23 PM
Ya, I think that I'm going to go with Ninetales.

Thanks everybody for your help!

ky72x
02-20-2007, 12:48 AM
Good choice. I personally like Ninetales as my second favorite Pokemon behind Dugtrio, as I use it frequently in my games, most notably in my Emerald version, but it should do well in the older generations too.

Ataro
02-20-2007, 01:09 AM
Ninetales is fasst and good, but the only fact is that Ninetales does not learn as many good moves as in Ruby, imagine without Grudge or Will-O-Wisp, you may be able to cope, but I defintely would not choose Ninetales in Gold.

Try Arcanine, he is a good Pokemon and have plenty of fire power for you. Great attacks like Bite, Flame Wheel, Roar, and it can even learn Iron Tail. So maybe you should try Arcanine.

pkmn trainer Vincent
02-21-2007, 01:42 AM
Ninetales is fasst and good, but the only fact is that Ninetales does not learn as many good moves as in Ruby, imagine without Grudge or Will-O-Wisp, you may be able to cope, but I defintely would not choose Ninetales in Gold.

Try Arcanine, he is a good Pokemon and have plenty of fire power for you. Great attacks like Bite, Flame Wheel, Roar, and it can even learn Iron Tail. So maybe you should try Arcanine.

If you raise a Vulpix right, it learns flamethrower.

Iridium
02-22-2007, 01:54 PM
A Ninetales would be a good choice and even a Rapidash would be good.

Holy_Crusafix
03-01-2007, 08:53 PM
Ninetails is good and it learns good moves(exm. confuse ray, hypnosis, flamethrower, ect.)
I personally like houndoom better though because its more of a sweeper and can kill about everything exept other fires and tanks. Arcanine is good, because in gold it's the only pokemon that learns extreamspeed (a powered up quick attack). Magcargo might be a possibility, but i wouldn't recommend it (bad typing+bad stats+bad moveset=bad pokemon). Then again, u dont even need to have a fire type. Just a special sweeper that learns good fire moves. (my ampharos learned fire punch. now it owns grass and steel.)

Beavs1Fan
03-02-2007, 04:51 PM
i think ninetales is a very good choice it should know will-o-wisp and it means instant burn!

Bloody TC
03-02-2007, 09:36 PM
i think ninetales is a very good choice it should know will-o-wisp and it means instant burn!

This is gold there is no will-o-wisp in g/s/c but once again i recommand houndoom

Mutty
03-03-2007, 09:57 PM
Rapidash and Ninetales are Strong!
Ninetails sounds pretty good, thanks a lot!!

Venusaur456
03-06-2007, 08:33 PM
Maybe Houndoom or Ninetails would be good.