PDA

View Full Version : Empire or Jedi

Seawolf
02-14-2007, 05:21 PM
The eternal debate, at least between me and my friends.

http://www.starstore.com/acatalog/Star_Wars-empire_L-01.jpg

Or ...

http://encyclopedia.quickseek.com/images/ReturnOfTheJediPoster1983.jpg

I actually love Jedi, but I'm going to have to go with Empire on this one. You can't really beat the Hoth sequence or the famous plot twist.

Tamer Marco
02-14-2007, 05:50 PM
Pfft... you can't tell me when Luke finally ripped off Vader's breathing mask, and Palpatine died in a firery death wasn't the greatest moment in Star Wars. Return of the Jedi all the way.

LS
02-14-2007, 05:51 PM
Meh.. I always hated Jedi. :P Red sabers FTW. About the movies. Return of the Jedi owned.

stokeyblokey
02-14-2007, 06:00 PM
the empire strikes back,a classic:cool: :cool:

Jack of Clovers
02-14-2007, 06:52 PM
Return of the Jedi. Jabba the Hut is awesome! I love the beginning. Oh, oh... and Ewoks. Gotta love 'em. Return of the Jedi is my favorite of the entire series. :cool:

Empire strikes back was okay, but a little slow in the middle with Luke's training. That's why I don't watch it much.

~Jack~

Callum
02-14-2007, 07:43 PM
Great Idea Meg. I'm a big SW fan, lol.

It has to be return of the Jedi. The storyine was great, and it was brilliant with them bringing Jabba into it. I only really like the 5th one because of Hoth. But the 6th get's my vote.

AmericanTreeFrog
02-14-2007, 07:47 PM
Return Of the Jedi. The Ewoks just own. O_0

STORMTROOPER X
02-14-2007, 10:08 PM
I found Empire too be a little too slow paced in the middle of the movie so I think I'm going to chill with Jedi.

ZadokRox
02-15-2007, 01:54 AM
'Return of the Jedi' though I wish they didn't skimp on the space battle during the Battle of Endor. More B-Wings and A-Wings!

Silent Night
02-15-2007, 02:11 AM
Y'know, reading this thread reminds me of Eric from "That 70's Show".

Good times.

To stay on topic, I'm going to randomly pick Jedi. Dunno why tho.

Seawolf
02-15-2007, 03:53 AM
Pfft... you can't tell me when Luke finally ripped off Vader's breathing mask, and Palpatine died in a firery death wasn't the greatest moment in Star Wars. Return of the Jedi all the way.

I wouldn't say "ripped" the mask, but more like slowly removed it for dramatic effect. :oops:

I love Empire just because of how character driven it was. 'New Hope' introduced them and 'Jedi' strengthened them, but Empire really gave us insight into what they would become, and Mark (Luke)'s performance was probably his best of all three movies. Being somewhat of a cynic, I'm not a big fan of the Ewoks in 'Jedi' mostly because I'm still weirded out by the fact that sticks and stones brought down the Empire's forces. You think Stormtroopers would outwit some little bears...

'Jedi' had several good moments (the final duel, Jabba, etc.), but Empire has always struck something in me. Anyway, I am a geek, and I'll just shut up now.

Horus
02-15-2007, 07:30 AM
Ah, it's been a while since I've watched both, but I'm going to have to say Return of the Jedi.

~Strider

Negative Zone
02-15-2007, 12:30 PM
Return of the Jedi. Jabba the Hut is awesome! I love the beginning. Oh, oh... and Ewoks. Gotta love 'em. Return of the Jedi is my favorite of the entire series. :cool:

Empire strikes back was okay, but a little slow in the middle with Luke's training. That's why I don't watch it much.

~Jack~

Same reasons with me man! Return of the Jedi PWNS!

RouteMaster
02-15-2007, 04:49 PM
Return of the Jedi, simply for the sequence where Vader throws the Emperor over the railings into the core of the Death Star. And the space battle sequence beforehand, great. :happy:

Gamakichi
02-15-2007, 09:15 PM
I like Jedi! The green guy with the green saber (the one who has gills & lungs) is my favorite. As for the movies:
Empire Strikes Back
I love the snow fights. The walker things are cool.

Gaia
02-15-2007, 09:23 PM
Eh, I picked Return Of The Jedi. I just love Jabba and those Ewoks. >w<

Tamer Marco
02-15-2007, 09:25 PM
I wouldn't say "ripped" the mask, but more like slowly removed it for dramatic effect. :oops:

I love Empire just because of how character driven it was. 'New Hope' introduced them and 'Jedi' strengthened them, but Empire really gave us insight into what they would become, and Mark (Luke)'s performance was probably his best of all three movies. Being somewhat of a cynic, I'm not a big fan of the Ewoks in 'Jedi' mostly because I'm still weirded out by the fact that sticks and stones brought down the Empire's forces. You think Stormtroopers would outwit some little bears...

'Jedi' had several good moments (the final duel, Jabba, etc.), but Empire has always struck something in me. Anyway, I am a geek, and I'll just shut up now.
I said ripped, becuase Vader should of lived, and they would of ruled the Galaxy as father and son. But no, Luke had to ruin that! :P

But the reason I liked ROTJ so much is because it gave out the last tidbits of information in the saga. You finally know totally about all of the main character's roles in the universe, the Galactic Alliance is formed, and the sith are FINALLY destroyed. But I do think that George Lucas was a little silly by making the Empire be defeated by Ewoks...

Lord Voldemort
02-15-2007, 09:31 PM
Return of the Jedi is the best of the 2, becuase Palpitine dies and all that. :happy:

Professor Geoffrey
02-15-2007, 09:35 PM
Empire Strikes Back, because it was technically the last Star Wars Movie I watched. I watched VI first, then I, then III, then II, then IV, then V. Confusing, eh?

Gamedude
02-15-2007, 10:30 PM
Grrrr....
STAR WARS GEEK HER!!!

I would have to go with Empire Strikes Back because of the hoth battle.....

Seawolf
02-16-2007, 04:33 PM
I said ripped, becuase Vader should of lived, and they would of ruled the Galaxy as father and son. But no, Luke had to ruin that! :P

But the reason I liked ROTJ so much is because it gave out the last tidbits of information in the saga. You finally know totally about all of the main character's roles in the universe, the Galactic Alliance is formed, and the sith are FINALLY destroyed. But I do think that George Lucas was a little silly by making the Empire be defeated by Ewoks...

Yeah, I was sad when Vader died. :( It was cool to see the prophecy fulfilled at last, but I didn't want it to mean one of the best villains of all time had to die.

ThePokemonMaster131
02-16-2007, 04:39 PM
Empire Strikes Back definently!

Chim_Char
02-16-2007, 05:55 PM
jedi was crap becuase of the ewoks and it was too rushed.
and empire ruined everything with "I am your father"

there were both good movies, but neither of them compare to A new hope.
ANH was the shiz. but im voting empire because jedi sucked compared to it.
Ewoks are really really ugly. i hate them

Neo Emolga
02-16-2007, 06:53 PM
Return of the Jedi. I agree the battle of Endor was kind of skimmed down, because that should have been way more climatic.

I like the hoverbike chase through the forest though. I would love to have one of those things. Meanwhile, it had a nice finish and ended the series well.

Iím not saying the Empire Strikes Back was bad, but yeah, it was slow.

Legendary Wolf
02-16-2007, 08:56 PM
Im going with Jedi it was better more acton more me to

Espeon EX
02-17-2007, 03:34 AM
Return with the Jedi! It's better IMO!