PDA

View Full Version : Super Smash Bros. SeriesChat

Shadow Eevee
02-14-2007, 09:53 PM
Seeing no threads about Melee, I made this. I got Melee Feb. 10, and I have unlocked Marth, Jigglypuff, Roy, Dr.Mario and Young Link. I unlocked three places, Brinstar Depths, Mushroom Kingdom II and Fourside.
If there is already a thread like this, show me then lock this thread.

Kenny_C.002
02-14-2007, 11:30 PM
Hope you're having fun with unlocking everybody. After you did, the big thing afterwards it grabbing a couple of friends and honing your skillz. :3

Leman
02-14-2007, 11:34 PM
Good luck with the rest. If anyone knows how to get Falco, please tell me.

ThePokemonMaster131
02-15-2007, 12:15 AM
Falco? Hmm....Check Gamefaqs.com And search Melee then Codes And Secrets you'll find it!

Myst3rio565
02-15-2007, 12:27 AM
All I have to say is...Melee Pwns, PWNS I TELL YOU!! sorry for the outburst....Anyway, grats on unlocking all the characters, you overachiever! Wait.....When does the new SSB come out?

ThePokemonMaster131
02-15-2007, 12:35 AM
Sometime this year I think during the Spring!

sir_Aaron
02-15-2007, 01:37 AM
i PWN with ganon,mewtwo,mario,and bowser!
my cousin is the best SSBM player ever!but i beat him so i took the crown!

ThePokemonMaster131
02-15-2007, 01:51 AM
Yeah I ROCK With Young Link!

Dragon_Seeker
02-15-2007, 02:49 AM
Jiggs and Ice Climbers for my.

Kirby too... but only in low tier. And friendlies.

okothnuva
02-15-2007, 05:25 AM
Using Yoshi's B to lay eggs off the edge is fun. Mainly because most of my friends have terrible reflexes. If it doesn't work against them, I resort to owning them with Falco.

Hypocrisy is Fun
02-15-2007, 05:58 AM
When I use Link, theres not a living soul who can beat me. :cool:

TVTMaster
02-15-2007, 11:51 AM
Roy can juggle Bowser. That Up-B move of his rocks. I use him all the time. Roy's pretty much the best player when it comes to melee fighting. In all other cases I use Falco, Ganondorf, Samus, and sometimes Ice Climbers when it comes to pwning arrogant idiots. I recently deleted my character data, so I'm left with using Samus. Who I just figured out can do a Super Missile if you tilt the stick right. I'm trying to get everyone back by shooting another Samus off the Big Blue over and over again in a 1-life stock battle.

Shadow Eevee
02-15-2007, 05:01 PM
Hope you're having fun with unlocking everybody. After you did, the big thing afterwards it grabbing a couple of friends and honing your skillz. :3 Thanks and if you're the mod who moved this, thanks for that too.

Good luck with the rest. If anyone knows how to get Falco, please tell me. I know a website that says but that'll be website advertising so pm me for it.

Yeah I ROCK With Young Link!

Me too! My brother is great as Dr. Mario.

Poltergeist
02-15-2007, 08:42 PM
Beat 1000 of the wire frame people, sorry don't remember what it is called specifically, in the wire frame contest that has an infinite amount of them. That will earn you Falco. Good luck getting him because he is my favorite character to use. I've also unlocked every arena, player and have about 80 percent of the trophies. I got that in like a week or two because I got so addicted. Out of every game I have played it is the one I can still go back to and say that it is still fun.

Shadow Eevee
02-15-2007, 08:45 PM
Beat 1000 of the wire frame people, sorry don't remember what it is called specifically, in the wire frame contest that has an infinite amount of them. That will earn you Falco. Good luck getting him because he is my favorite character to use. I've also unlocked every arena, player and have about 80 percent of the trophies. I got that in like a week or two because I got so addicted. Out of every game I have played it is the one I can still go back to and say that it is still fun.

Thanks for the instructions. They're called multiman.

warriorofdeathzt
02-16-2007, 12:02 AM
It's 100 not 1000. After beating 100 wire frame characters, Falco challenges you. Easy! :biggrin:

Shadow Eevee
02-16-2007, 11:48 PM
Today, I unlocked Pichu and Pokefloats. I'll try to unlock as much as things possible because my friend's coming over and I wanna impress him.

briggs93
02-17-2007, 09:05 PM
Smash64 and Melee were so fun but to easy so i hope brawl is much better.

www.smashcountry.proboards59.com

Shadow Eevee
02-19-2007, 02:05 PM
I unlocked Luigi, Mewtwo and Falco!

STORMTROOPER X
02-21-2007, 02:37 AM
This game was made in 2000 wasn't it? Still a nice game though.

Shadow Eevee
02-23-2007, 07:46 PM
Yeah, Brawl will be infiniti times as good, though.

Ridley
02-23-2007, 08:07 PM
*2001. :P

----
Melee chat: I unlocked everything, yo, and I can beat level 9 comps easily

Kenny_C.002
02-24-2007, 12:39 AM
When I use Link, theres not a living soul who can beat me. :cool:

Well, only if you're not going up against pros. :3 Link gets demolished by Sheik, Fox, Marth, and Falco.

Roy can juggle Bowser. That Up-B move of his rocks. I use him all the time. Roy's pretty much the best player when it comes to melee fighting. In all other cases I use Falco, Ganondorf, Samus, and sometimes Ice Climbers when it comes to pwning arrogant idiots. I recently deleted my character data, so I'm left with using Samus. Who I just figured out can do a Super Missile if you tilt the stick right. I'm trying to get everyone back by shooting another Samus off the Big Blue over and over again in a 1-life stock battle.

Unfortunately, the up+b makes him very vulnerable if they dodge/block/WD out of the way. I hope you have ways of getting out of that. Everybody you use are pretty much high-tier characters except climbers, though...

I unlocked everything, yo, and I can beat level 9 comps easily

Which is...unimpressive at best...

Ridley
02-24-2007, 01:01 AM
Which is...unimpressive at best...

I don't have much to say since I live in the middle of nowhere. :\

darkmewtwo1111
02-26-2007, 06:22 PM
This Game is sooo Cool I've got all the Charecter,beat 10 oppents in cruel Melee and beat classic with all the charecters. This game is the best Gcn game ever made

i hope that brawl will be the same thing like melee.

Shadow Eevee
02-27-2007, 08:15 PM
This Game is sooo Cool I've got all the Charecter,beat 10 oppents in cruel Melee and beat classic with all the charecters. This game is the best Gcn game ever made

i hope that brawl will be the same thing like melee.
With more charectars, stages and items, yeah it will be.

Azumao
02-27-2007, 11:43 PM
With more charectars, stages and items, yeah it will be.

That, plus you have the almighty farting Wario! :D

mini micro
02-27-2007, 11:51 PM
i like the charecter marth

Azumao
02-27-2007, 11:58 PM
Only one thing to say:

character

turbo
03-01-2007, 01:26 AM
Good luck with the rest. If anyone knows how to get Falco, please tell me.

Beat 100 man melee use DK and press Bdown

I unlocked everyone Mewtwo kicks Butt also my friend is a bit weird in Vs melee he'll set the difficulty by how much letter are in there name so Mario is 5 DK is 2 Fox is 3 Jigglypuff is 9. W-E-I-R-D

Kenny_C.002
03-01-2007, 05:40 AM
I don't have much to say since I live in the middle of nowhere. :\
Hey, at least with Brawl, you can go pwn n00bs all day, if online does work.

umbreonandespeon
03-01-2007, 03:50 PM
yeah,weird, if you ask me mewtwo isn't that good,falco rules i like to use him for quick and agile attacks.

Shadow Eevee
03-01-2007, 10:00 PM

I unlocked everyone Mewtwo kicks Butt also my friend is a bit weird in Vs melee he'll set the difficulty by how much letter are in there name so Mario is 5 DK is 2 Fox is 3 Jigglypuff is 9. W-E-I-R-D

That's a nice theme.

c0rpsek1lla
03-04-2007, 02:22 AM
Kirby is the best character on Melee. I suck everyone of cousins on that game with Kirby. The first time I played the game I picked Kirby and whupped my cousins butt, even though he played it way longer than I have. Hey, did any of yall ever get Mew out of a ball on there? It flew away, but it gave me a zillion points.

Dragon_Seeker
03-04-2007, 03:46 AM
Kirby is the best character on Melee.
No, he really isn't lol. Kirby sucks and is the worst, if not the second or third worst character in melee (I realize right now the tier list says Pichu and Mewtwo are worse but tbh I doubt the tier list is accurate at the bottom; Pichu has more stuff going for him than Kirby and same goes for Mewtwo; Kirby's got maybe 4 good moves in him and none of them are standard generic "use them a lot" moves in fact many are situational). But that's a tangent. Anyways, yeah, Kirby is horrible. If you ever go to a tournament that isn't held by you or one of your friends and by real people who play smash competitively you'll quickly realize how horrid Kirby actually is.

Fox is undisputedly the best character in Melee.

mlugia
03-04-2007, 03:49 AM
My housemate borrowed the game from a friend of his and we ended up unlocking everything but the statues in the first 48 hours XD Hurray for reading week!

I've been using Marth, but man, my housemate rolls a lot and I can't hit him very well :( Any tips for a Marth user here?

Kenny_C.002
03-04-2007, 04:33 AM
Roll? If he rolls, go near him and grab him. Experiment with throwing, but I know that throwing up is the most efficient way to doing things (throw up side c-stick for a free smash, with Marth). That will teach them not to roll so much. :3

Use and ubuse Marth's aerial attacks. His neutral A is difficult to approach from the sides, and he can literally chain himself if you're good at controlling Marth with his foward A in the air. The down A in the air is a meteor smash if you hit it right.

Basically, Marth has 2 moves: aerials, and grabbing. Good players chain grab with Marth, though it's easier to up-throw --> smash. The only other moves that I see people use a lot are (on the ground) --> down + a (not smash), forward + B combos, and down + B. Up + B is used almost strictly as a recovery move, while B by its own tend to be useless.

Dragon Seeker - he's also the hardest character to use. Sheik is the undisputed best character...for noobs. XD

Meno
03-04-2007, 07:02 AM
For rollers, the best atacks IMO are straight-trajectory, semi-long range attacks. By far the best has to be link's hook shot, since it's like a grab, but even better for rollers.

But, as a ness user, I never have too many problems with rollers. I just use PK fire, since timing it right not only gets an easy hit, but is great for a combo setup. So, as one can see, Marth pretty much sucks against people who dodge lots in any way. So, I suppose kenny's advice is the best you have...

Dragon_Seeker
03-04-2007, 04:28 PM
lol I don't see why nobody's suggested "read the roll and punish accordingly" yet.

Like, for Ness, rolls are laggy. And a set distance. Chase him and grab him or set him up for some up-air combos or something. I dunno. My time with Ness was short so I dunno what to suggest. Maybe pull some f-air chains or something.

For Marth either start a forward-air combo or throw a tippered forward-smash at him or something. Grab to forward-smash can be DIed out of but lol if they're spamming roll they likely don't know that.

RawrIsMyMiddleName
03-06-2007, 12:36 AM
I Pwn lots of people with Zelda. She rocks! I don't use Sheik.

Espeon EX
03-06-2007, 01:46 AM
I Pwn lots of people with Zelda. She rocks! I don't use Sheik.

When i use pikachu, i whoop anyone, total pwn, my brother is da master at it, he uses roy and just dodges moves, i versed him and only took 2 lives from him on verses mode, oh yeah, does anyone have any tips for event 51?

c0rpsek1lla
03-06-2007, 02:09 AM
No, he really isn't lol. Kirby sucks and is the worst, if not the second or third worst character in melee (I realize right now the tier list says Pichu and Mewtwo are worse but tbh I doubt the tier list is accurate at the bottom; Pichu has more stuff going for him than Kirby and same goes for Mewtwo; Kirby's got maybe 4 good moves in him and none of them are standard generic "use them a lot" moves in fact many are situational). But that's a tangent. Anyways, yeah, Kirby is horrible. If you ever go to a tournament that isn't held by you or one of your friends and by real people who play smash competitively you'll quickly realize how horrid Kirby actually is.

Fox is undisputedly the best character in Melee.
Kirby is the best.Kirby is the best.
Kirby is the best.Kirby is the best.Kirby is the best.
Kirby is the best.
Kirby is the best.Kirby is the best.Kirby is the best.Kirby is the best.
Kirby is the best.

okothnuva
03-06-2007, 02:56 AM
When i use pikachu, i whoop anyone, total pwn, my brother is da master at it, he uses roy and just dodges moves, i versed him and only took 2 lives from him on verses mode, oh yeah, does anyone have any tips for event 51?

My Falco could whoop your Pikachu. :D

Shadow Eevee
03-06-2007, 08:16 PM
I unlocked Gandondorf a few days ago. How do you unlock Mr. Game & Watch?

sir_Aaron
03-06-2007, 09:14 PM
i don't know why they made mewtwo suck i mean come on!He almost took over the world with clones!

okothnuva
03-07-2007, 12:14 AM
I unlocked Gandondorf a few days ago. How do you unlock Mr. Game & Watch?

Clear Target test, adventure, or classic with every character.

mlugia
03-08-2007, 01:18 AM
Roll? If he rolls, go near him and grab him. Experiment with throwing, but I know that throwing up is the most efficient way to doing things (throw up side c-stick for a free smash, with Marth). That will teach them not to roll so much. :3

Use and ubuse Marth's aerial attacks. His neutral A is difficult to approach from the sides, and he can literally chain himself if you're good at controlling Marth with his foward A in the air. The down A in the air is a meteor smash if you hit it right.

Basically, Marth has 2 moves: aerials, and grabbing. Good players chain grab with Marth, though it's easier to up-throw --> smash. The only other moves that I see people use a lot are (on the ground) --> down + a (not smash), forward + B combos, and down + B. Up + B is used almost strictly as a recovery move, while B by its own tend to be useless.

Dragon Seeker - he's also the hardest character to use. Sheik is the undisputed best character...for noobs. XD

lol I don't see why nobody's suggested "read the roll and punish accordingly" yet.

Like, for Ness, rolls are laggy. And a set distance. Chase him and grab him or set him up for some up-air combos or something. I dunno. My time with Ness was short so I dunno what to suggest. Maybe pull some f-air chains or something.

For Marth either start a forward-air combo or throw a tippered forward-smash at him or something. Grab to forward-smash can be DIed out of but lol if they're spamming roll they likely don't know that.

Thanks guys, I'll try that sometime (Been hooked on Titan Quest again :D)

Still, no matter who he uses, what he does is wait for me to initiate and then roll behind me. I can usually counterdodge, but it's frustrating because I have no idea how to do a 180 fast enough to catch him before he attacks. (Sometimes we end up with rolling wars and that's just bleh)

Kenny_C.002
03-08-2007, 03:38 AM

because marth punishes w/ chain grab...
grab to smash always works on fast fallers, apparently.

Shadow Eevee
03-09-2007, 11:59 PM
Clear Target test, adventure, or classic with every character.

Thanks. Unlocking the places from SSB is hard though.

Ryouseiken
03-10-2007, 03:04 AM
Hm...I remember that the only two characters I could NEVER get were Roy and Mr. Game&Watch. XD It sucks...but all-in-all, a very good game. :happy: XP *pwns with Dr. Mario* *don't ask XD*

Stardy
03-10-2007, 03:48 PM

nope 100 man melee with şeftali (peach in english, but peach here means b******)
But anyway she wups ass coz use her ass, and they go flying!
My gamecube blew up trying to get mew2........
wii now,
Wohoo!

Roys easy to get, just pwn with marth as for watch.... dont know

Shozuka
03-16-2007, 06:53 PM
All I have to say is...Melee Pwns, PWNS I TELL YOU!! sorry for the outburst....Anyway, grats on unlocking all the characters, you overachiever! Wait.....When does the new SSB come out?

June 1st is the almost confirmed release date.

Yggdrasill
03-16-2007, 07:10 PM
Play 1000 Vs. Melee matches and Mr. Game and Watch will challenge you to a fight. If you lose; he'll challenge you after every VS match from then on-wards until you win.
I usually just clear Target Test though, playing 1000 matches takes ages.

TVTMaster
03-18-2007, 01:11 AM
Meh, need Mewtwo. I already deleted my characters, and they appear all out of order after that. How again do you get him?

sonickid01
03-18-2007, 01:18 AM
Hah. sucke- I mean, I'll help you. *shot* Nothing I say is ever meant to offend. Just a note to everyone.

2 ways to get Mewtwo. They both require Vs. mode.

Alright, so, the worst way to get mewtwo is to keep playing VS mode until you puke. You just gotta play more matches than you can count on your fingers. I don't know how many, though.

Second way, is that by the time you are finished trying the first way, you should have already accomplished this second way. Just play VS mode for 20 hours. Actually, if you play as only one human, just 20 hours. If you play a total of 10 hours with two humans, you get Mewtwo. I believe 3 people get you 7 hours and 4 people get you five hours? Or is it 20-15-10-7? I don't know. Try Nintendorks. They've got the most comprehensive guide on SSBM in the world. Whatever. The hours are just some numbers. I know a seven is in there, and it's 20 hours with one player. That I'm certain.

Edit: Nintendorks only says 20 total hours, so I dunno. 20 hours of VS mode is the MAXIMUM amount you'll have to play though.

Nintendorks: I don't care if it's already been posted. Click for the perfect guide of SSBM. http://www.nintendorks.com/ssbmguide/
They've even got strategies for every character against any character! "If you are Pichu playing against Marth, you should...."
Just a little sidenote.

Kenny_C.002
03-18-2007, 08:15 PM
Nintendorks: I don't care if it's already been posted. Click for the perfect guide of SSBM. http://www.nintendorks.com/ssbmguide/

Seems like a nice beginner's guide, that's for sure. Far from being perfect due to its lack of advance moves for serious players, but very good guide for everything else and casual play. :)

Shadow Eevee
03-19-2007, 02:31 PM
I just need Mr. Game & Watch, then i completed the charectars! I also need the last row of stages in the stages.

Jelly
03-19-2007, 09:29 PM
I love melle. I have everything unlocked.

Shadow Eevee
03-25-2007, 05:57 PM
I love melle. I have everything unlocked.
Woah Lucky. I should rename this Super Smash Bros. Series chat.

TeirusuFX
04-26-2007, 08:58 PM
Seeing no threads about Melee, I made this. I got Melee Feb. 10, and I have unlocked Marth, Jigglypuff, Roy, Dr.Mario and Young Link. I unlocked three places, Brinstar Depths, Mushroom Kingdom II and Fourside.
If there is already a thread like this, show me then lock this thread.

Sooo...you only got Marth, Jigglypuff, Roy, Dr.Mario and Young Link?

Here's a list of how to get teh rest :tongue:

-Falco = Beat 100 man melee
-Gannondorf = Complete event #29
-Luigi = Beat the first level in adventure mode ending in 2 sec. (x:x2:xx) [x=other number] {make sure you beat all of adventure mode}
-Mewtwo = Play 20 hours of versus melee mode
-Mr.Game and Watch = Appears after you unlock every character except him, and complete every character's adventure mode
-Pichu = Complete event #37 or finish Mewtwo's adventure mode

THIS ALL WORKS XP!!! :biggrin:

Rattata_Hyper_Fang
04-28-2007, 06:04 AM
Mewtwo - Play 20 hours of VS Mode or win 500 VS Battles.

K3v1n
05-11-2007, 08:17 PM
Mewtwo - Play 20 hours of VS Mode or win 500 VS Battles.
Whats the other way 700 v.s. matches??