PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Box: A tease to Europe?

Necrobat
08-01-2004, 12:34 AM
Who lives in Europe or anywhere that uses PAL games and think it was a bit unfair to not release Pokemon Box here?
I can say I was looking forward to getting it, but it's now only an exclusive to Pokemon Center NY really. This really annoys me.

Dark_Umbreon
08-02-2004, 01:16 PM
woah, you sure thats true?!! I thought it was going to be released over here despite it taking its time. It cant be exclusive to Pokemon Centre NY because you can buy it on all sorts of U.S. sites.I wanted those Pokemon with unusual moves too :mad:

Lord Celebi
08-05-2004, 09:21 PM
BOX was released in Europe. It came with the Colosseum and Gamecube Pack. You could also buy it with Nintendo Stars on the European Nintendo Website.

Necrobat
08-06-2004, 07:54 AM
I was sure I read it was gonna be an exclusive to Poke Center NY...
Still havn't seen it down here in Oz though...

Matthew
08-06-2004, 09:00 AM
YEah, I thought it was a NYPC exclusive as well...

Steven
08-06-2004, 09:39 AM
well I could buy one for you... the game cube games and stuff are the same for europe and US right? I won't rip anyone off if they want to buy it through me... only 2 bucks for the shipping and handling of me, plus theirs... eh... I have to make a profit somewhere right...? I might be able to haggle.

art
08-12-2004, 06:34 AM
:biggrin: you smelled money?

Ya can get box in the gamecube colloseum pack, but that's useless if you already wn a GC/...

Zenaku
08-12-2004, 03:32 PM
well I could buy one for you... the game cube games and stuff are the same for europe and US right? I won't rip anyone off if they want to buy it through me... only 2 bucks for the shipping and handling of me, plus theirs... eh... I have to make a profit somewhere right...? I might be able to haggle.
Actually, playing it is the problem, not buying it.

Quote from European Pokemon Colosseum Case:
"For use with PAL version of the NINTENDO GAMECUBE only. Not compatible with Japanese, U.S. or Brazilian versions of the NINTENDO GAMECUBE."

Vice versa is practically the same. Japanese, U.S. and Brazilian games cannot work with PAL consoles. I believe the only way is to buy a special adapter...

Lord Celebi
08-12-2004, 09:14 PM
Actually, playing it is the problem, not buying it.

Quote from European Pokemon Colosseum Case:
"For use with PAL version of the NINTENDO GAMECUBE only. Not compatible with Japanese, U.S. or Brazilian versions of the NINTENDO GAMECUBE."

Vice versa is practically the same. Japanese, U.S. and Brazilian games cannot work with PAL consoles. I believe the only way is to buy a special adapter...
Freeloader, and it would only be compatible with the US games too.

As I see it, the only hope for Europeans if to buy the Colo pack and sell the cube and Copy of Colo unless you dont have colo.

Necrobat
08-13-2004, 02:22 PM
Actually, I think it will be coming out here now. I checked the Nintendo Australia website and it had Box down for release early September. That must mean it'll be released in Europe as well.

Neptune's Disciple
08-15-2004, 03:02 AM
I live in aus (brisbane) and im pretty sure i saw it in target one day...

Necrobat
08-22-2004, 06:05 AM
Supposedly it doesn't come out until September 3rd. Check the Nintendo Australia website.

Alakazam
09-01-2004, 10:49 AM
Even if it weren't released in Europe...you should at least be happy that it wasn't a real game that you guys didn't get. I don't really understand the point of Box, myself; I find it mostly pointless.

ElimN8
09-03-2004, 12:15 AM
BOX is extra storage, basically. There's 386 monsters now, which towers in comparison to the mere 151 we used to face, not to mention the fact that people are going to want to breed multiples of the same thing for variance in stats and movesets. Take shinies and 6 modern-version games into consideration, and there's plently of reason to want a little more space. :tongue:

Alakazam
09-03-2004, 12:43 AM
BOX is extra storage, basically. There's 386 monsters now, which towers in comparison to the mere 151 we used to face, not to mention the fact that people are going to want to breed multiples of the same thing for variance in stats and movesets. Take shinies and 6 modern-version games into consideration, and there's plently of reason to want a little more space. :tongue:

Sure there's 386, but how many of those evolve? Some even evolve twice. I don't know about anyone else, but once I get a Venasaur, I don't keep a Bulbasuar and Ivusaur in my boxes... -_-

ElimN8
09-03-2004, 12:52 AM
Hey, ya never know, some people might. You know, so they can have one of everything. lol, sounds a little extensive I know, but a collection's a collection. :tongue2:

Matthew
09-03-2004, 07:21 AM
Yes... and how many people do you know are going to find the shiny for every single pogeymanz...? Unless they use a Gameshark... it aint gonna happen bub, lol :cool: Meh... as long as I get a team I like... I keep it and I rarely take up two of the fifteen boxes in the game... so I don't need that much storage O.o

Traipez
09-04-2004, 08:10 PM
Well.. I live in Europe and I got Pokémon Box through the Colosseum Bundle.
I LOVE it, especially because of the eggs, but now I can have ALL my Pokémons in one game instead of more different games.

IcyPkmnDan
10-05-2004, 09:02 AM
Sure there's 386, but how many of those evolve? Some even evolve twice. I don't know about anyone else, but once I get a Venasaur, I don't keep a Bulbasuar and Ivusaur in my boxes... -_-

I disagree, it was hard to hold that many pokemon in your boxes in the first place. With Pokemon Box you are now able to try it, and it can put a little bit of a twist to the game.

Thanatos
10-09-2004, 09:00 AM
Yep, Pokemon Box has been released here in Australia. Saw it in Toys "R" Us :susp:

Dunno about england...

Dark_Umbreon
10-10-2004, 06:48 PM
i've read pokemon with unusual moves are in box too once certain things have been done. I hope they do bring it out on shelves in europe. no point in me buyin another gamecube and another pokemon collosseum. i dont have enough stars on nintendo europes site and it's not in the stars catalogue anymore anyway.

Manjoume Jun
10-10-2004, 08:30 PM
I couldn't really care less about Pokémon Box, the extra storage is useless to me, I seem to manage just fine with what I already have on R/S, so any more would just be pointless.