PDA

View Full Version : Video Game war!

Shadow Eevee
02-17-2007, 07:19 PM
I know there were a few more of these, but I am bringing the age old question back. Which video-game company is the best?

I personally think Nintendo. They created Pokemon, SSBB, Mario and alot more.

LordZangoose
02-17-2007, 07:30 PM
I think it goes Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony. Nintendo has made a lot of hits, but Xbox just stands out because of superior graphics, no need for a memory card, and the Halo trilogy. Sony is just full of hype.

earth_type_rule
02-17-2007, 07:30 PM
although the PC are very famous, the Xbox is much less.

Nintendo follows the bigger consoles very good, but sony will kick both butts.

If you compair xbox360 and PS2:

in almost 2 years, the 360 sold around 10,5 million, while PS2 wold 33 million. If PS3 wasn't that expancive, and if there where more supplied, than the PS3 would go over it. But belive me, in a year orso, the PS3 will have more sold numbers than xbox.

Edit: Lordzangoose, you are very wrong. The PS2 was a 6th gen console, while the 360 is a 7th gen, but when the PS3 comes out, the gens will be even, and PS3 will own xbox on graphics

LordZangoose
02-17-2007, 07:33 PM
But you can't say 'if it weren't so expensive' because I'm factoring in price here. You also have to consider the quality of games. Sony has made a lot of crappy games, not saying that other systems haven't. They go for quantity not quality.

What are you talking about? PS3 has already been released, and there is no such thing as a sixth gen console. There is the old gen, then current gen(Xbox, Gamecube, PS2), and there is next gen. That's it.

Espeon EX
02-17-2007, 07:34 PM
I love nintendo! It has pokemon, mario and a whole bunch of good games.

Shadow Eevee
02-17-2007, 07:54 PM
I love nintendo! It has pokemon, mario and a whole bunch of good games.

Thank-you for agreeing with me!
Microsoft should stick to computers.
Sony should stick to whatever they make other than video games.

Jibacoil
02-17-2007, 07:57 PM
Microsoft. They have the best online service and of course Gears of War. :D

LordZangoose
02-17-2007, 08:00 PM
Microsoft. They have the best online service and of course Gears of War. :D

And Halo.

Legendary Wolf
02-17-2007, 08:03 PM
Nintendo is better a=thats all I say

earth_type_rule
02-17-2007, 08:04 PM
But you can't say 'if it weren't so expensive' because I'm factoring in price here. You also have to consider the quality of games. Sony has made a lot of crappy games, not saying that other systems haven't. They go for quantity not quality.

What are you talking about? PS3 has already been released, and there is no such thing as a sixth gen console. There is the old gen, then current gen(Xbox, Gamecube, PS2), and there is next gen. That's it.

dude, you are not a gamer if you don't even know that. Every enw console that comes out will be next gen. So when the PS2 came out, people called it next gen, and that doesn't make sence after the new version comes out.

and the reason why xbox has games: Stole them!

Halo was originally develloped for the PS, but xbox stole it away, and made it xbox only. Than all the happy foolish xbox nerds go all "ha we originally got halo, and PS nothing, so ha!"

Dude, xbox was made because those stupid americans where jealous. Come on! they saw how succesfull the PS was, and they didn't liked it. So Microsoft went to a PC and xbox ( very original name though :sleepy: ) to increase sales income. They won't be getting very much on xbox sales, since the PS has already over 120 million sold PSX and counting, some 100 million PS2 and counting, and PS3 is yet to begin, but is around 2 million now. When it comes in europe, New zeeland, and yet other countries, the sales will be even higher than xbox could ever imagine.

Everyone was saying xbox would be total win. Saying that creating it's own downfall, since a lot of people think it will be a 7th gen flop! Nintendo Wii is even better, and sales better than an xbox.

So resulting that PS3 is not long away from overpowering, overgraphicing, quality games, and yet again GRAPHICS!

LordZangoose
02-17-2007, 08:11 PM
dude, you are not a gamer if you don't even know that. Every enw console that comes out will be next gen. So when the PS2 came out, people called it next gen, and that doesn't make sence after the new version comes out.

Halo was originally develloped for the PS, but xbox stole it away, and made it xbox only. Than all the happy foolish xbox nerds go all "ha we originally got halo, and PS nothing, so ha!"

Dude, xbox was made because those stupid americans where jealous. Come on! they saw how succesfull the PS was, and they didn't liked it. So Microsoft went to a PC and xbox ( very original name though :sleepy: ) to increase sales income. They won't be getting very much on xbox sales, since the PS has already over 120 million sold PSX and counting, some 100 million PS2 and counting, and PS3 is yet to begin, but is around 2 million now. When it comes in europe, New zeeland, and yet other countries, the sales will be even higher than xbox could ever imagine.

Everyone was saying xbox would be total win. Saying that creating it's own downfall, since a lot of people think it will be a 7th gen flop! Nintendo Wii is even better, and sales better than an xbox.

So resulting that PS3 is not long away from overpowering, overgraphicing, quality games, and yet again GRAPHICS!

I was speaking about what the gens are as of right now. I am more of a gamer than you will ever be. The generations before Playstation are generally referred to as Old Gen or Ancient Gen. No one said Xbox would be total win. And there has been no downfall of Xbox. You can get quality games on Xbox just as easily as you can for the Playstation series. PS3 is not close to overpowering because of the pricetag. Xbox was made because Bill Gates is a financial genius. Playstation copied Xbox's main feature, Xbox live. PSP is a total rip-off of the Gameboy. The PS3 controller's motion sensing is ripped off of the Wiimote. The original playstation was made as a copy of Nintendo and Sega. Playstation has nothing original other than games, they copy everything.

Also, show me proof that Halo was originally for PS.

earth_type_rule
02-17-2007, 08:16 PM
I was speaking about what the gens are as of right now. I am more of a gamer than you will ever be. The generations before Playstation are generally referred to as Old Gen or Ancient Gen. No one said Xbox would be total win. And there has been no downfall of Xbox. You can get quality games on Xbox just as easily as you can for the Playstation series. PS3 is not close to overpowering because of the pricetag. Xbox was made because Bill Gates is a financial genius. Playstation copied Xbox's main feature, Xbox live. PSP is a total rip-off of the Gameboy. The PS3 controller's motion sensing is ripped off of the Wiimote. The original playstation was made as a copy of Nintendo and Sega. Playstation has nothing original other than games, they copy everything.

Also, show me proof that Halo was originally for PS.

Even if the PS is a copy machine, the Xbox copied the PS, so they will be no better than PS.

Also, the Power of the PS3 will be way better than Xbox. Graphics way will knock them down for sure.

and the downfall of Xbox is already started. They sell less with every day. Look at the Xbox for example. 35 million, and doesn't sell anymore. Call that great?

For evidence, I have to go back to school, My friend ( also a real good game brain, with lots of sales exp. ) found the site there, so I can't show it to you right now.

LordZangoose
02-17-2007, 08:19 PM
sure... And Xbox had mostly original ideas. The only thing they copied was the controller layout and the basic shape, which most systems have had. Everything is a copy to a degree, it's inevitable.

Larvinator
02-17-2007, 08:25 PM
Even if the PS is a copy machine, the Xbox copied the PS, so they will be no better than PS.

Also, the Power of the PS3 will be way better than Xbox. Graphics way will knock them down for sure.

and the downfall of Xbox is already started. They sell less with every day. Look at the Xbox for example. 35 million, and doesn't sell anymore. Call that great?

For evidence, I have to go back to school, My friend ( also a real good game brain, with lots of sales exp. ) found the site there, so I can't show it to you right now.
Though the PS3 has killer graphics, it has literall no first-party support.

And the PS1 doesn't sell anymore. Neither does the Xbox, because they're both "last gen." That's a very weak point to bring up.

I say Nintendo for now. I hate shooting games, and Nintendo pwns everyong in terms of first-party support. Pokemon, Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, and SSB prove that Nintendo can certainly hold its own without amazing graphics.

skiboydoggy
02-17-2007, 08:39 PM

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the PS3 is so overwhelmingly powerful now, that it's games suffer from lag and frame skipping as the disc can no longer keep up with the machine. Besides, where else do you want graphics to go? They are already 3D and realistic, and the day they become totally inseperable from real life, is they day they reach their peak, and when the fall of gaming begins.
As they are, graphics are already near their maximum, and any more is really overkill, unless you want every game to be released from this day forth to carry an M rating.

Also, the Xbox copied far less from the PS2 than it did from the Older Gen consoles, what with using XYAB instead of the shape alternative, amongst other insignificant things. It in itself is supposed to be a Gaming PC, utilising a lot of Microsoft's software and technology.

The reasons why Sony will fail at this war:

1) They released their console too late.
2) Too freakin' expensive for most to even consider.
3) The games are more expensive to, ever think about that?
4) Every good game the PS3 has, the Xbox 360 can and will equal or trump it. Let's start with Final Fantasy, shall we? And how about we end with Halo?
5) Dumb marketing. This illustrates my point perfectly. (http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=212)

The only reason why the Xbox 360 isn't outselling it like crazy is because:

1) The PS3 is Japanese, and the Xbox 360 is American. Gateian to be precise, which most people seem to abhor.
2) The PS is an established name, which as always, is quite a powerful draw.
3) Well, y'know, like I said, regional problem things. Everyone hates American goods for some reason.

Shadow Eevee
02-17-2007, 08:49 PM
Lets not forget its gonna take years for Sony and Microsoft to make kids games to dominate the shelfs.

Chim_Char
02-17-2007, 09:00 PM
my only problem with nintendo is the lack of big title fps's. normally i dont play fps's, but im trying to think critically. i hate microsoft, but they make fantastic desicions to make more money. sony is dying and nintendo, while they are quite intuitive, will soon run out of ideas.
overall nintendo gets my vote.

Hoshika
02-17-2007, 09:02 PM
Y-you f-f-forgot-t... Segaaaaa...

HOW COULD YOU?! T-T

Even if they don't make their own consoles now, Sonic is still awesome. ._.

earth_type_rule
02-17-2007, 09:04 PM
Ameriacan games prefer to make shooters, and I hate shooters as I hate Xbox. Such idiocity!

I prefer the historical hack&slash games, though, there very graphical. even on xbox, so don't go whining over PS. I prefer those gameplay over graphics, but for some good games like FF ( whitch was also PS only ) graphical designs are very needed.

people do not need to think above the limits! Think logical, like some people can't.

spr bhav
02-17-2007, 09:12 PM
nintendo is like revolutionary with mario and pokemon and many more but top company by far!

LordZangoose
02-17-2007, 09:13 PM
Then you would be saying that everyone who ever invented a character is revolutionary. That's not a reason.

earth_type_rule
02-17-2007, 09:16 PM
heh, I see Sony will get chanceless in this poll.

Ah well, don't come crying to me if PS3 will stomp 360 and flicks it into a trashcan.

*vanishes*

LordZangoose
02-17-2007, 09:20 PM
High quality for low prices is everything to modern consumers. Therefore, the PS3, which is only slightly superior to the 360, but costs two hundred dollars more, is out of the question. Therefore, the Wii and Xbox 360 are your options.

padman
02-17-2007, 10:51 PM
I voted Sony, its good

G-Blaze
02-18-2007, 01:12 AM
Was there ever any doubt? Nintendo.

Tamer Marco
02-18-2007, 01:29 AM
Ok, i'm probably the only one with a 360 and a PS3(I got my grandma to pay for that), and the truth is is that its way to early to tell who's going to win the next gen war.

Sony has the MOST Third-Party support around, but Sony's slowness with the PS3 launch and price have made games that were meant to be PS3 exclusives become Microsoft exclusives, or both. Assassin's Creed and GTA IV were both meant to be PS3 only (along with other games), but the slowness of the PS3's launch ruined that.

Microsoft's gig is the amazing online support. You can't tell me that the 360 isn't winning the online war against the PS3 and the Wii. Other than the online play and Halo, there isn't much else that the Xbox 360 has over the PS3 currently.

I don't know too much about the Wii, but its cheap, and effective. Nice idea going, fun games. But thats it. No good online play, the graphics are kinky, and the only reason why it's selling is because it's the cheapest gaming system on the market.

But finally, I voted for Sony, because of its massive third party support. It has a million games under the sun for the PS2, and many more are coming for the PS3.

Oh, and to those guys that called Sony rip-offs, they make every product under the sun, and for the past decade, they've made innovative new products constantly for the gaming market and everything. The PS has single-handedly saved gaming from the evil politicans, and don't think that because the 360 has a year lead means that its better.

LordZangoose
02-18-2007, 01:31 AM
But it has to rely on that third-party support. Microsoft and Nintendo could be self-sufficient. They have their own sub-divisions that are major factors.

Tamer Marco
02-18-2007, 01:34 AM
But it has to rely on that third-party support. Microsoft and Nintendo could be self-sufficient. They have their own sub-divisions that are major factors.
Yeah, and 90% of the time, those major third-party companies have came up with some amazing stuff for the PS2. Name some Xbox and Nintendo games (other than Mario, Zelda, Halo and Metroid) that the 360 and Wii have had. I'd like to see how they stack up against my list of amazing PS2 and PS1 games.

gun6
02-18-2007, 01:42 AM
Let me sum my ideas up for everyone.

1. Nintendo kicks Sony and Microsoft where it hurts.
2. The PS3 is the biggest peice of deli meat I have ever seen.
3. Halo is overrated and is only good because of the graphics and the average storyline. If I want online play, I just get on a computer.

:)

Tamer Marco
02-18-2007, 01:46 AM
Let me sum my ideas up for everyone.

1. Nintendo kicks Sony and Microsoft where it hurts.
2. The PS3 is the biggest peice of deli meat I have ever seen.
3. Halo is overrated and is only good because of the graphics and the average storyline. If I want online play, I just get on a computer.

:)
Now tell me friend, how does the Gamecube(worst of the current gen systems, mind you), and the Wii (with only 3 games that are actually good right now) beat Sony and Microsoft in your mind? :P

LordZangoose
02-18-2007, 01:55 AM
Jade Empire
The Prince of Persia series
Splinter Cell series
Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2
Ninja Gaiden
Elder Scrolls series
Dead or Alive series
Unreal Championship or Tournament series
the DOOM series
Brothers in Arms series
Fable 1 and 2
lots of the Tom Clancy games
Soul Calibur
Panzer Dragon Orta
Crimson Skies
Timesplitters
the Far Cry series
Gears of War
F.E.A.R
Viva Pinata
Prey
Call of Duty
Resident Evil 4
Viewtiful Joe
Pikmin
F-Zero
Starfox
Animal Crossing
True Crime
Phantasy Star
Super Monkey Ball
Gunstar Hero
Wii Sports
Sonic
Red Steel
Castlevania
Advance Wars
Kirby
Golden Sun
Fire Emblem
Pokemon
Ghosts N' Goblins

Saying no Mario, Zelda, Metroid or Halo is like saying no Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy, GTA, God of war, or Shadow of the Colosuus. now name your games.

Suck on that.

Tamer Marco
02-18-2007, 02:14 AM
Okiedokie! :D

Metal Gear Solid (I love MGS)
Soul Calibur (All 3 have been on the PS consoles)
Prince Of Persia
Resident Evil
Call Of Duty
Shadow Of The Collosuess
Nearly all Tom Clancy games
Resident Evil (None have even come out on the Xbox as far as I know)
God Of War
The Burnout series(which orignated on the PS)
Black
Final Fantasy VII(don't get me started on how many Final Fantasys have been on the Playstation)
Kingdom Hearts
Ape Escape
Okami
Viewtiful Joe (Also on the PS2 systems)
Lumines
Star Wars: Bounty Hunter
Star Wars: Clone Commmando
Grand Theft Auto (:rolleyes:)
Street Fighter(:rolleyes:)
Ninja Gaiden (which is coming onto the PS3)
Virtua Fighter
Resistance: Fall of Man
Lair
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Oblivion has come to the PS3, but all of the other Oblivion games have been crap, sorry. :D)
Devil May Cry series

BTW, Sonic, F-Zero, Viva Pinata, Panzer Dragon Orta, Phantasy Star, Red Steel, Pikimin, and especially Super Monkey Ball are all crap and everyone knows it. :) And my list isn't as big as yours as I only named the ones off the top of my head, and PS only and multis. No Nintendo stuff. And read this article please.

Ok, I admit, I was one of those...I was a Sega Freak, and still am....you may call me a fanboy, and that is ok and I will tell you why. Sega took risks to bring the best games to their system...games like Seaman, Phantasy Star Online, RE:CV, Shenmue, Samba. Anyway, I have a PS2 (now for 3 months) and love it. And I don't see how these people can say that their are "TWO GAMES" for it that are any good....are these people smoking crack? I like to go where the games are, and I believe that Sony is making a concerted effort to have really good games for its system this time. I am not saying that the games for the original sucked, but the ratio of bad games to good on the PSX were about 3 to 1, where the DC had a ratio of good games to bad of about 1:3. That is not my opinion, either. I am taking in to consideration the ratings of 3 major gaming magazines and tallying their votes. Anyway, back to the PS2. The PS2 has GREAT games out NOW. GT3 Aspec, Dark Cloud, Onimusha, ATV 4 Wheeler(highly underrated), Dave Mirra 2 (my new favorite game and my fix until THPS3 comes out), NBA Street. Not to mention the games coming out: NFL 2k2, MGS2, Devil May Cry.....I cry just thinking about the money I am going to need this fall. Anyway, for those out there who are STILL WORRIED about what system to get....get a PS2..take it from a die hard Sega Fan....you won't be sorry.

Dave responds: U sUck! aNd R bi@s!
Seriously, I agree completely. The PS2 has a LOT of great games out right NOW and even more coming out in the next few months. The only thing people should be complaining about is how much money they're going to have to spend. If someone says that they're more excited about the line-ups for Xbox or GameCube, I can live with that -- but if they say the PS2's line-up of current and upcoming software is not impressive, well, they're pretty damn stupid, in my opinion.

Happy trails.

c0rpsek1lla
02-18-2007, 03:11 AM

Nintendo. #1: Are you ripping on the USA?:mad: #2: Wii is just an excuse for fat people to get up off their lazy butts, and say it's "exercise." #3: Nintendo made the first ever handheld video game, and the DS is breakthrough technology. The PS2 is okay, the PS3 has good graphix I must admit, but it can't beat Nintendo.

skiboydoggy
02-18-2007, 03:32 AM

Metal Gear Solid (I love MGS)
Soul Calibur (All 3 have been on the PS consoles)
Prince Of Persia
Resident Evil
Call Of Duty
Shadow Of The Collosuess
Nearly all Tom Clancy games
Resident Evil (None have even come out on the Xbox as far as I know)
God Of War
The Burnout series(which orignated on the PS)
Black
Final Fantasy VII(don't get me started on how many Final Fantasys have been on the Playstation)
Kingdom Hearts
Ape Escape
Okami
Viewtiful Joe (Also on the PS2 systems)
Lumines
Star Wars: Bounty Hunter
Star Wars: Clone Commmando
Grand Theft Auto (:rolleyes:)
Street Fighter(:rolleyes:)
Ninja Gaiden (which is coming onto the PS3)
Virtua Fighter
Resistance: Fall of Man
Lair
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Oblivion has come to the PS3, but all of the other Oblivion games have been crap, sorry. :D)
Devil May Cry series

BTW, Sonic, F-Zero, Viva Pinata, Panzer Dragon Orta, Phantasy Star, Red Steel, Pikimin, and especially Super Monkey Ball are all crap and everyone knows it. :) And my list isn't as big as yours as I only named the ones off the top of my head, and PS only and multis. No Nintendo stuff. And read this article please.

Happy trails.
Sonic, F-Zero, Viva Pinata, Panzer Dragon Orta, Phantasy Star, Red Steel, Pikimin, and especially Super Monkey Ball are all crap and everyone knows it. :)

And Rainbow Six and the current gen Street Fighters are not? Oh, and the Star Wars games to. The best one is KotOR, and the second best is KotOR II, and guess which console they are exclusive to?
You're just biased against these games because they are either too cute for you or whatever.
(Rainbow Six IS crap, it's generally agreed, and Splinter Cell is a dual console game.)

Also, we are discussing which console will win the war in the end, not whether PS2 wins XBox, which we all know, they do. More games, far earlier release, and generally better value for money, 2 of 3 which the 360 has over the PS3.

Oh, and the only games on your list that are PS exclusive are:

Nothing. Okay, okay, Kingdom Hearts, Ape Escape, Lair, Resistance, Shadow fo the Colossus, Devil May Cry and Bounty Hunter.

Soul Calibur II is on the Xbox, Prince of Persia is dual console, Resident Evil is better on the Gamecube, Call of Duty is far from exclusive, plus God of War and Splinter Cell, Burnout, Black, Viewtiful Joe, Ninja Gaiden, and Elder Scrolls.

MGS, Final Fantasy, Lumines, and Virtua Fighter are probably/will be coming to the 360. Chew on that.

8/27

The list offered above you has a much larger range os exclusivity, and therefore proves how low Sony has fallen in this war already. A small mindset change on the part of the non-Americans and the PS4 may not even be released.

Damn anti-Microsoft bias.

Tamer Marco
02-18-2007, 03:49 AM
And Rainbow Six and the current gen Street Fighters are not? Oh, and the Star Wars games to. The best one is KotOR, and the second best is KotOR II, and guess which console they are exclusive to?
You're just biased against these games because they are either too cute for you or whatever.
(Rainbow Six IS crap, it's generally agreed, and Splinter Cell is a dual console game.)

Also, we are discussing which console will win the war in the end, not whether PS2 wins XBox, which we all know, they do. More games, far earlier release, and generally better value for money, 2 of 3 which the 360 has over the PS3.

Oh, and the only games on your list that are PS exclusive are:

Nothing. Okay, okay, Kingdom Hearts, Ape Escape, Lair, Resistance, Shadow fo the Colossus, Devil May Cry and Bounty Hunter.

Soul Calibur II is on the Xbox, Prince of Persia is dual console, Resident Evil is better on the Gamecube, Call of Duty is far from exclusive, plus God of War and Splinter Cell, Burnout, Black, Viewtiful Joe, Ninja Gaiden, and Elder Scrolls.

MGS, Final Fantasy, Lumines, and Virtua Fighter are probably/will be coming to the 360. Chew on that.

8/27

The list offered above you has a much larger range os exclusivity, and therefore proves how low Sony has fallen in this war already. A small mindset change on the part of the non-Americans and the PS4 may not even be released.

Damn anti-Microsoft bias.

Rainbow Six is crap? Try looking at every major review website or magazine, and I think you'll find your answer.

I'm not a Microsoft basher, I have a 360 too if you didn't see that. :rolleyes: I was making a point to the Sony basher in the room. And why is everyone telling me to suck or chew on something? RE4 was WAY better on the PS2 than it was on the GC, nobody gives a crap about SC II anymore, and I highly doubt that VF and MGS are coming to the 360. The only one thats certain is Final Fantasy, but its already got two PS3 exclusives anyway. Oh, and God of War is PS2 only. :D

And finally, that list was only off of the top of my head. If you want me to list every single good PS exclusive, either ask or look it up yourself.

ashketchum
02-18-2007, 05:37 AM
Both Sony and Nintendo are the best to me.

AZ3
02-18-2007, 05:51 AM
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the PS3 is so overwhelmingly powerful now, that it's games suffer from lag and frame skipping as the disc can no longer keep up with the machine. Besides, where else do you want graphics to go? They are already 3D and realistic, and the day they become totally inseperable from real life, is they day they reach their peak, and when the fall of gaming begins.
As they are, graphics are already near their maximum, and any more is really overkill, unless you want every game to be released from this day forth to carry an M rating.

Also, the Xbox copied far less from the PS2 than it did from the Older Gen consoles, what with using XYAB instead of the shape alternative, amongst other insignificant things. It in itself is supposed to be a Gaming PC, utilising a lot of Microsoft's software and technology.

The reasons why Sony will fail at this war:

1) They released their console too late.
2) Too freakin' expensive for most to even consider.
3) The games are more expensive to, ever think about that?
4) Every good game the PS3 has, the Xbox 360 can and will equal or trump it. Let's start with Final Fantasy, shall we? And how about we end with Halo?
5) Dumb marketing. This illustrates my point perfectly. (http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=212)

The only reason why the Xbox 360 isn't outselling it like crazy is because:

1) The PS3 is Japanese, and the Xbox 360 is American. Gateian to be precise, which most people seem to abhor.
2) The PS is an established name, which as always, is quite a powerful draw.
3) Well, y'know, like I said, regional problem things. Everyone hates American goods for some reason.
voted for microsoft.

LordZangoose
02-18-2007, 12:45 PM
Tamer Marco, you apparently dodn't take the time to read my whole post. You saying no Mario, Zelda, Metroid, or Halo is like saying what would humans be without clothing, shelter, and technology. And don't you ever say that Elder Scrolls is crap. Oblivion won multiple Best RPG awards and Morrowind won multiple Game of the Year and Best RPG awards. Research before you post.

Tamer Marco
02-18-2007, 09:38 PM
Tamer Marco, you apparently dodn't take the time to read my whole post. You saying no Mario, Zelda, Metroid, or Halo is like saying what would humans be without clothing, shelter, and technology. And don't you ever say that Elder Scrolls is crap. Oblivion won multiple Best RPG awards and Morrowind won multiple Game of the Year and Best RPG awards. Research before you post.
Oblivion kicks some major booty, what I said was that the other ones weren't legendary or anything. Read my whole post please.

Gamakichi
02-18-2007, 09:41 PM
I voted Sony, simply because I couldn't decide between Nintendo and Sony and this is a nintendo game themed forum so I decided to REBEL!!! lol...

ZiVixx
02-18-2007, 10:02 PM
Microsoft, I mean Halo, Gears of War, F.E.A.R, Dead or Alive, Morrowind...Microsoft is so pwnful!

LordZangoose
02-18-2007, 11:03 PM
Oblivion kicks some major booty, what I said was that the other ones weren't legendary or anything. Read my whole post please.

I did read your whole post. You said that all of the other ones weren't that great. Did you read my post all the way through? I said how great Morrowind was. Have you ever played it? Pure gaming genius. oh, your PS3 just got kicked square in the nuts. It lost the Unreal exclusive. That is another game they've lost due to indecisiveness. And Xbox 360 might have a price drop by Christmas, boosting sales. There is also talk of a new 360 model coming out that is just as powerful as the PS3. 360 is also getting Mercenaries 2 exclusive.

Tamer Marco
02-19-2007, 12:55 AM
I did read your whole post. You said that all of the other ones weren't that great. Did you read my post all the way through? I said how great Morrowind was. Have you ever played it? Pure gaming genius. oh, your PS3 just got kicked square in the nuts. It lost the Unreal exclusive. That is another game they've lost due to indecisiveness. And Xbox 360 might have a price drop by Christmas, boosting sales. There is also talk of a new 360 model coming out that is just as powerful as the PS3. 360 is also getting Mercenaries 2 exclusive.
OMG PS3 LOST UNREAL, N000.

Personally, I never even cared for Unreal Tornument, there are much better games out there anyway. And thats just all talk about the Xbox 360 having another model come out. Its only been at the market for a year, and thats just a rumor.

And with the Morrowind game, it was just another average RPG. Just okay, nothing special. And finally, when did the PS3 have the ability to reprouduce? I guess the PS3 was able to get it's nuts faster than the 360's.

Hoshika
02-19-2007, 01:01 AM

BTW, [B]Sonic, [yadda yadda blah blah] and especially Super Monkey Ball [yesh]are all crap and everyone knows it. :)

*twitch*

Sega should be up there anyway, even if they have third-party junk and don't make consoles anymore.

My dad's gonna hog the Wii tommorow and is probably going to give my Mii a gender change... :neutral:

Anyways, the PS3 can reproduce itself? What kind of technology is this?! O_o

Tamer Marco
02-19-2007, 01:10 AM
*twitch*

Sega should be up there anyway, even if they have third-party junk and don't make consoles anymore.

My dad's gonna hog the Wii tommorow and is probably going to give my Mii a gender change... :neutral:

Anyways, the PS3 can reproduce itself? What kind of technology is this?! O_oOther than Virtua Fighter, Sega isn't doing crap. So, unless your living in the past, why even bother with it? Now a company that deserves something is Capcom.

Hoshika
02-19-2007, 01:24 AM
Other than Virtua Fighter, Sega isn't doing crap. So, unless your living in the past, why even bother with it? Now a company that deserves something is Capcom.

I feel bad for Capcom. I want more Megaman games. =\

And I like old school Sonic. SSA2:B = pwn. It's just starting to go down now... but Sonic will have his revenge! =o

Shadow Eevee
02-19-2007, 03:00 PM
I feel bad for Capcom. I want more Megaman games. =\

And I like old school Sonic. SSA2:B = pwn. It's just starting to go down now... but Sonic will have his revenge! =o
Capcom! I forget about that. Oh well...

Ansem
02-21-2007, 08:33 AM
Man, why being so down on Sony.

It has the best OMFG console there is: PS2 and PS3!

Xbox is really a game-thief. Like the game Dynasty Warriors.
It was originally a PSX game, it upgraded in the PS2 version and suddenly Xbox also had that game. Same with Samurai Warriors :susp:

Snow Fairy Sugar
02-21-2007, 10:11 AM
Microsoft will hold their own, anytime. :D

I vote Microsoft.

Besides, Halo/Halo2>Any other game

Elmo's Heaven!!
02-21-2007, 11:50 AM
I voted for Nintendo, because they made/support Pokemon and Final Fantasy!! Which I have never played, but it looks awesome.

skiboydoggy
02-22-2007, 01:45 PM
Microsoft will hold their own, anytime. :D

I vote Microsoft.

Besides, Halo/Halo2>Any other game
OMG! May and I agree on something.
Though the ranking actually goes like this:
Halo 3 > Gears of War > Halo 2 > Halo > Everything else.

Screw you Pistol lovers.

Snow Fairy Sugar
02-23-2007, 04:48 AM
Lol, looks like me and ski finally agreed on something. xD

Nintendo are goners. After the initial outburst of Nintendo Wii, the novelty has died down, and now many people are preferring Xboxes.

Lemme find the most recent survey...

Draconic_Espeon
02-23-2007, 06:20 PM
I, personally, like Square Enix. Not sure if it's what you meant, but meh. Truthfully, though, even when Playstation was out, they were above the rest. Ever played an old Final Fantasy game, like FF 9? Okay, in game graphics suck badly, but story line graphics... They're phenominal for a PS1 game. It's like you're watching a computer generated movie. And has anyone seen Advent Children? The graphics surpass any animated movie I've ever seen. You'd think it was real, except for the anime eyes. XD

So, yeah, my vote goes to Square Enix. I love anime games. =3

As for Halo, I admit, it's an interesting game. If you like shooting things. >< I'm not a big fan of shooting games. I prefer RPG's.

Ridley
02-23-2007, 06:24 PM
I vote for the Nin of the Tendo.

AmericanTreeFrog
02-23-2007, 06:27 PM
Microsoft is the better of the three.

Kenny_C.002
02-23-2007, 07:21 PM
Which company is the best? Without a single doubt, Nintendo.

Why? It's because what they strive for is innovation. Unlike M$ and Sony, which deal with essentially the maturing gaming audience and therefore do NOT have to innovate, Big N lacks this capability. As an example, games such as FPSs, platformers, and FF-like RPGs have all migrated out of the Nintendo systems and to the Box of the PS.

This is expected of Nintendo. What they strive for is the ability to create and sometimes maintain genre kings, as opposed to strictly maintaining genres and fighting for a spot as a genre king. Games like Animal Crossing, Mario Kart, and even the Wii are attempts at this innovation to create low budget, high return, games/systems in which they will either keep as genre kings (such as Mario Kart, SSB, and Animal Crossing), or lose to the mature systems (such as platformers) without them actually doing anything about it.

Essentially, Nintendo, unlike Sony and M$, are at the forefront of the gaming industry, simply because they have to do it that way. Of course, this just means that true gamers will always have a Nintendo system to try out new things, while having a matured gaming system like the PS3 and 360, at the same time. And basically, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that the Big N is THE best company for the gaming industry, because without Big N, there will be no gaming industry (i.e. it will slowly die off).

To May: The Wii is far from being dead. You forget that the initial demand for the Wii are not from gamers, but from people who never even touched a gaming console in their lives. This is the success of Nintendo, in which neither Sony nor M$ could even dream about. As I said, if Big N dies, all other gaming companies will die with it, even if it's a slow death. No ifs, ands, or buts.

Shadow Eevee
02-23-2007, 07:40 PM
Which company is the best? Without a single doubt, Nintendo.

Why? It's because what they strive for is innovation. Unlike M$ and Sony, which deal with essentially the maturing gaming audience and therefore do NOT have to innovate, Big N lacks this capability. As an example, games such as FPSs, platformers, and FF-like RPGs have all migrated out of the Nintendo systems and to the Box of the PS.

This is expected of Nintendo. What they strive for is the ability to create and sometimes maintain genre kings, as opposed to strictly maintaining genres and fighting for a spot as a genre king. Games like Animal Crossing, Mario Kart, and even the Wii are attempts at this innovation to create low budget, high return, games/systems in which they will either keep as genre kings (such as Mario Kart, SSB, and Animal Crossing), or lose to the mature systems (such as platformers) without them actually doing anything about it.

Essentially, Nintendo, unlike Sony and M$, are at the forefront of the gaming industry, simply because they have to do it that way. Of course, this just means that true gamers will always have a Nintendo system to try out new things, while having a matured gaming system like the PS3 and 360, at the same time. And basically, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that the Big N is THE best company for the gaming industry, because without Big N, there will be no gaming industry (i.e. it will slowly die off).

To May: The Wii is far from being dead. You forget that the initial demand for the Wii are not from gamers, but from people who never even touched a gaming console in their lives. This is the success of Nintendo, in which neither Sony nor M$ could even dream about. As I said, if Big N dies, all other gaming companies will die with it, even if it's a slow death. No ifs, ands, or buts.
That explains about all of my thoughts.

ky72x
02-24-2007, 12:34 AM
^ Ditto.

Besides, Nintendo makes best-selling handhelds. Good handhelds with excellent games. The PSP, in my opinion, has the worst selection of games since a huge number of them are just PS2 remakes.

Azumao
02-24-2007, 01:43 AM
I voted Nintendo, not only were they talented enough to turn an Italian plumber into a legacy, they are also extremely smexy. ;D Besides, at least they take their time creating gaming systems. The only reason that Sony released the PS3 was to have it out before Christmas...I don't think that it was fully developed yet. Look at the obvious facts, Wii = motion activated, silver slip of heaven. PS3 = Piece of feces with a metal coating.

About Microsoft, though...video-gaming wise, X-Box is their only real accomplishment. :/ Nintendo has a ton of quality games.

skiboydoggy
02-24-2007, 12:39 PM
Kenny is right about Nintendo, and how it is the backbone of gaming as we know it, and their ability to innovate, amongst other things. There is no doubt in my mind that they are the most creative bunch of little insanities this side of the Xbox, but that in itself, is a nod to their ability to create games, not so much their ability to garner buyers and obtain third-party support.
One might say they do not need it, and it is a fact that they don't, but it also means that the other two consoles have a massive edge in that they are friendlier to outside companies, as opposed to the Wii, which is good in so many ways, which uses a remote, (or Wiimote if you will,) which makes traditional games so much harder to make for them.
Sure Link swinging nanchucku is cool and all, and I would love to get my grimy little hands on him, but at the same time, the sheer vastness of choice and pro-couch potatoism that the Xbox grants me will always tell me one thing:

Get the 360 first, then we talk Wii.

The_Seventieth_Evil
03-03-2007, 06:05 AM
Nintendo. Final Fantasy (NES), Ninja Turtle games (90's), R.O.B., Animal Crossing, Banjo Kazooie, Jet Force Gemini (heh heh, tri rocket launcher)

Shadow From The Deep
03-03-2007, 04:16 PM
Nintendo rocks, while Microsoft and Sony were making there consoles Nintendo finnaly got back in the race.