PDA

View Full Version : Need Urgent Help With Togetic!!!!!

Manjoume Jun
08-02-2004, 04:17 AM
I want to catch the Shadow Togetic when it is Female, and I understand that it isn't Female very often.

What I need to know is how close to the battle I can save my data before the game fixes Togetic's gender.

Basically, after you see the live TV news report, and your imposter is standing outside Outskirt Stand, could I go to say Phenac City and save it, and then go fight him without Togetic's gender being fixed on whatever it may be?

In other words, would I be able to save it then, and then just keep challenging him and resetting the game until Togetic becomes female?

I'll be really grateful to anyone who can help me with this!!!

I'm being too cautious about it, so every time I see that it is Male, I reset it and start back from before you even get that Email from the athlete in Phenac City, so it takes quite a long time.

Kan
08-02-2004, 06:10 AM
You can save in Phenac after you go through all of the email crud. The gender/other stats are set in place after you actually encounter the Pokemon, never before. So, you could save in Phenac, then head on over and fight the imposter until it's a female. That's what I did. :wink:

Steven
08-02-2004, 11:00 AM
What happens when you beat the trainer... I only snagged the Togetic, then I died. So I don't really know...

Dark_Umbreon
08-02-2004, 01:20 PM
mine was a male, I'd have thought it would fix on the gender and not be able to change but I should think resetting it and keep challenging him etc... should change it. Besides i wouldn't worry too much about it because when fire red/leaf green are released you can breed them with ditto to get females :razz: thats what I'm going to do with mine seeing as most of mine are males :susp:

Manjoume Jun
08-02-2004, 08:18 PM
Yeah, good point, thanks everyone!!!