PDA

View Full Version : rate my stratagy

komiko
08-03-2004, 04:53 AM
the way i usually set up my team is is ill have a fire, grass, water, dark or psychic, flying, then an extra ... then i always set up there attacks like one power up move, two attacks of their types and a move which can help them against their weakness... not that this is really important, but i was just wonderin what level this set up is at is it a beginner set up ?
thanks to all

peace

mlugia
08-03-2004, 10:01 PM
Well, the part about the power up move means it's not a complete beginner's strategy, but having 2 moves of the same type is definately not a good thing. Depending on the pokemon, some shouldn't even have attacking moves to begin with, let alone 3 different ones. Your strategy may work when dealing with a team of 6 sweepers (btw, type isnt everything in a team, you can have a 3x weakness to fighting in GSC and still be able to win a lot of games despite facing machamps), but it wouldn't be recommanded if you're moving towards a team with more synergy and such.

JoshE
08-03-2004, 10:30 PM
You should never have 2 moves of the same type unless you have a specific desire of how to use them. The more differnet types of moves you have the more pokemon you can attack and take away a lot of HP. :wink:

Finglonger
08-04-2004, 03:22 AM
meh dont be so vague, give me mons/movesets and I'll tell you how you're doing.