PDA

View Full Version : Don't you think?

Iridium
02-23-2007, 08:40 AM
Don't you think that Pe2k, has become less active nowadays?When I joined there used to be a lot of activity on Pe2k, but nowadays there is less activity as compared to earlier.
What's your opinion on this?

DaRkUmBrEoN
02-23-2007, 08:42 AM
When you joined, January 2007, a lot of people still had their holidays to spend on here. Now, everyone is back at school or work, so that would count as a serious activity dropper.

Though, everything is relative. DCC might be dead, but the URPG stories board couldn't be more active at the moment.

-]DU[-

Iridium
02-23-2007, 08:49 AM
When you joined, January 2007, a lot of people still had their holidays to spend on here. Now, everyone is back at school or work, so that would count as a serious activity dropper.

Though, everything is relative. DCC might be dead, but the URPG stories board couldn't be more active at the moment.

-]DU[-

Yeah, this could be a reason, but nowadays the activity level has dropped by a great rate.

DaRkUmBrEoN
02-23-2007, 09:03 AM
Yeah, this could be a reason, but nowadays the activity level has dropped by a great rate.

I suppose you haven't been around the great depression of 2006. :P
That was an all-time low for pe2k.

-]DU[-

Iridium
02-23-2007, 09:10 AM

-]DU[-

What?There have been periods worse than now?And I thought that this was the worst.

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
02-23-2007, 09:12 AM
I haven't really noticed a drop in activity, but then again, I'm not usually on at the most active time of the day.

Just wait till Diamond and Pearl come out. This place will be crazy active again. ^_^

Volcanflame
02-23-2007, 09:15 AM
Heh, what do you really mean by less active, Pokelord?

-Volcan-

Iridium
02-23-2007, 09:20 AM
I mean that the members are not making posts. Earlier after every five minutes, five new posts were made but nowadays there are no new posts even for hours.

Kenneth
02-23-2007, 09:20 AM
I haven't really noticed a drop in activity, but then again, I'm not usually on at the most active time of the day.

Just wait till Diamond and Pearl come out. This place will be crazy active again. ^_^

You got that right. People will be flooding the Other: Pokemon DS Games board. There'll be questions on how to pass a certain area, or help on a team to use to beat a gym, all kinds of things. Sarah, you had better start researching on the game, to be prepared in the future when this happens. (j/k)

Iridium
02-23-2007, 09:23 AM
Yeah, the board will be filled with threads of all kinds and unfortunately spam too. I can't imagine how the mods'll be able to keep that board in control.

DaRkUmBrEoN
02-23-2007, 09:25 AM
I mean that the members are not making posts. Earlier after every five minutes, five new posts were made but nowadays there are no new posts even for hours.

Probably as the prime expert on timezones, I'd say everyone who is awake at about 10 AM GMT is screwed over on the activeness. You need to be in the American or Australian timezones if you want to see real activity.

I mean, when I go to sleep, most people in the US have their evenings. So, that's when a large part of pe2k posts and does stuff. It usually ends up with me missing half the stuff when I wake up or I'm forced to clean up the mess. XD

-]DU[-

Volcanflame
02-23-2007, 09:25 AM
Well, I think it's because there are not many members are online, atm. But I see many members online when it's morning in my time, and they would make more than 5 posts every minutes ...

-Volcan-

Iridium
02-23-2007, 09:27 AM
Yeah, thats partly the reason. I'm not in the right zone.

DaRkUmBrEoN
02-23-2007, 09:29 AM
Yeah, thats partly the reason. I'm not in the right zone.

Sucks to be us, neh?
Anyway, you're making a fine distraction from my homework. Darn it!

*Leaves*

-]DU[-

Iridium
02-23-2007, 09:32 AM
Sucks to be us, neh?
Anyway, you're making a fine distraction from my homework. Darn it!

*Leaves*

-]DU[-

Yeah, you are right, we miss a lot of the fun. And I'm sorry for diverting your attention hehe.

Shady
02-23-2007, 09:57 AM
Probably as the prime expert on timezones, I'd say everyone who is awake at about 10 AM GMT is screwed over on the activeness. You need to be in the American or Australian timezones if you want to see real activity.

I mean, when I go to sleep, most people in the US have their evenings. So, that's when a large part of pe2k posts and does stuff. It usually ends up with me missing half the stuff when I wake up or I'm forced to clean up the mess. XD

-]DU[-

The Evening slot of the Aussie time zone isn't really that active.

I'd have to get up at about 6am to be around the peak activity time.

DaRkUmBrEoN
02-23-2007, 10:02 AM
The Evening slot of the Aussie time zone isn't really that active.

I'd have to get up at about 6am to be around the peak activity time.

Getting up early > Staying up late.
At least on school days.

I'd have to stay up till 2 AM to witness the peak activity, I guess.

-]DU[-

Volcanflame
02-23-2007, 10:05 AM
Wow, I should go online at 9AM to get the activity peak :O

And Ben, I believe you're at GMT+10, right? :O

-Volcan-

Shady
02-23-2007, 10:09 AM
Getting up early > Staying up late.
At least on school days.

I'd have to stay up till 2 AM to witness the peak activity, I guess.

-]DU[-

Suppose you're just in one of those awkward time zones. :ermm:

Wow, I should go online at 9AM to get the activity peak :O

And Ben, I believe you're at GMT+10, right? :O

-Volcan-

Sure am. :wink:

EmBreon
02-23-2007, 10:11 AM
Basically, it's always active when I'm on. :cool:

Shady
02-23-2007, 10:13 AM
Basically, it's always active when I'm on. :cool:

That's because you're on all the time. xD

You should be asleep... what is it? 4am? :D

EmBreon
02-23-2007, 10:18 AM
That's because you're on all the time. xD

You should be asleep... what is it? 4am? :D

Yep, I'm on anytime between 12am through 12am. :P

And no, you suck, it's 6:18 am.

DaRkUmBrEoN
02-23-2007, 10:20 AM
Yep, I'm on anytime between 12am through 12am. :P

And no, you suck, it's 6:18 am.

So you're either -5 GMT or -6 GMT depending on DST.

And yes, +1GMT sucks.

-]DU[-

EmBreon
02-23-2007, 10:24 AM
So you're either -5 GMT or -6 GMT depending on DST.

And yes, +1GMT sucks.

-]DU[-

Way to sound all smart-like. ;P

Volcanflame
02-23-2007, 10:25 AM
I'm GMT+7 :O

*Feels a bit ignored*

-Volcan-

Iridium
02-23-2007, 10:37 AM
So, basically the problem is with the time zones. This means that I'll have to get up at 5 in the morning to see the activity.

~Falcon~
02-23-2007, 04:16 PM
I have noticed it has been less active since i started (december) than now. I hvaen't been quiet as active either(or atleast it seems that wa)

Sixto
02-23-2007, 04:36 PM
So, basically the problem is with the time zones. This means that I'll have to get up at 5 in the morning to see the activity.
Not really, you were partly right when you said is less active now. There were times when the DCC would get up to 5 pages in a matter of minutes. But time zones do play a part in it.

Pooka
02-23-2007, 04:41 PM
I have noticed it has been less active since i started (december) than now. I hvaen't been quiet as active either(or atleast it seems that wa)

That probably because it was holidays then so everybody was off school. Now its term time so of course its going to be less active. Also the time-zone differences come into play quite a bit for example I'm 2 hours ahead of GMT which means when the fourm is probably most active I'm asleep.

Shadow Eevee
02-23-2007, 04:49 PM

-]DU[-
When was it?
You got that right. People will be flooding the Other: Pokemon DS Games board. There'll be questions on how to pass a certain area, or help on a team to use to beat a gym, all kinds of things. Sarah, you had better start researching on the game, to be prepared in the future when this happens. (j/k)

& don't forget, threads like' I loved d/p!!!1111wut about u???????/'

Sudo
02-23-2007, 05:53 PM
You've been here one month. :rolleyes:

Ridley
02-23-2007, 06:36 PM
URPG is more active than I've seen in a while.

Lord Voldemort
02-24-2007, 12:33 AM

Well, I live in the U.S timezones, and I think there has been a drop of activty in the Strategies and Movesets Board, and the Graphic Arts Board. But in the summer, people are going to be more active. I would think.

Shozuka
02-24-2007, 12:46 AM
DCC is dead with noobs. Hopefully in the summer, all of the old DCCers will come back.

Espeon EX
02-24-2007, 01:11 AM
Theres different time zones and theres people from around the world that go on here, so you'll only expect to see certain people that live a timezone away.

Jack of Clovers
02-24-2007, 01:54 AM
The other popular Pokemon forums are statistically slower right now too. Not only that, but it's also the slowest part of the year for most businesses. Late January through March. By April it'll pick up with spring breaks. By then, DP will be out, and there'll be loads of chatting.

~Jack~

~Falcon~
02-24-2007, 02:15 AM
DCC is dead with noobs. Hopefully in the summer, all of the old DCCers will come back.
You are one to talk, and i know i am too :P, but yes the DCC is dieing a slow, and painful death.

Legendary Wolf
02-24-2007, 02:17 AM
I agree but at some point Ryan will make a new one

avinash
02-24-2007, 02:18 AM
Around April time there will probably be more activ-ness since d/p is coming out. But i think that the forum is less active because pokemon has been less active overall. Other than the show, not much pokemon has been happening. Most of the info has been coming from coro-coro and nintendo power. i hope it comes back with something new.

Lord Voldemort
02-24-2007, 02:19 AM
The other popular Pokemon forums are statistically slower right now too. Not only that, but it's also the slowest part of the year for most businesses. Late January through March. By April it'll pick up with spring breaks. By then, DP will be out, and there'll be loads of chatting.

~Jack~

Really? Interesting statistic. January - March.... Oh well, we're almost there. Soon, the posts will be plentiful again! (weird)

Shozuka
02-24-2007, 02:21 AM
You are one to talk, and i know i am too :P, but yes the DCC is dieing a slow, and painful death.

I'm a really bad noob.

avinash
02-24-2007, 02:23 AM
im a real noob. Iv'e been laying back on pokemon and focusing on music and listning to black history month.

Leoblaze
02-24-2007, 02:49 AM

~Jack~

Like Jack said January and through March are slow months, even with businesses its like that. But I can wait for break in April then I'll be sad cause of May = SAT and AP English test :sad: :confused:

im a real noob. Iv'e been laying back on pokemon and focusing on music and listning to black history month.

Thats what you can call multi tasking

Blue-
02-24-2007, 03:13 AM
Tell me about the 2006 depression DU. I want to know all about it. :P

Clutch
02-24-2007, 03:59 AM
Tell me about the 2006 depression DU. I want to know all about it. :P

Oh cool, a history lesson about PE2K.

In my mind: STORY TIME! ^______^

Iridium
02-24-2007, 06:40 AM
Thank God, I brought this up. I was so depressed about this. And Can you people tell me what is the DCC Board?

Snow Fairy Sugar
02-24-2007, 06:48 AM
Pe2k's pretty much active when I am on. The reason why Pe2k's inactive is because Ridley is inactive. xD

Darned timezones...I usually have to stay all night if I want Pe2k to be active. Since my school's about 7.30-11.30 AM[when Pe2k's active] or at night. [12.00 am to all night]

So I stay awake all night. When I don't have homeowrk. and sleep in the afternoon. xD

Volcanflame
02-24-2007, 07:02 AM
Thank God, I brought this up. I was so depressed about this. And Can you people tell me what is the DCC Board?
Click here for DCC thread. (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26574)

-Volcan-

Iridium
02-24-2007, 07:19 AM
Thanks, Volcan. I felt like a noob not knowing, so I decided to ask.

LS
02-24-2007, 10:30 AM
I'v seen pe2k worse.. But like DU said school and work returned and hell is upon us again. :/

22sa
02-27-2007, 01:44 PM
Haha.. no. PE2K's pretty active. Not all day long though.