PDA

View Full Version : Procrastinators Unite!...... Tommorow

Charbok
02-24-2007, 02:42 AM
The name got inspiration from Lucavis Avvie. So, do you Procrastinate? i DO all the time.

Lucavi
02-24-2007, 02:55 AM
http://www.paulgraham.com/procrastination.html
is a great lecture about the subject

I'm in my second year of university and I don't really procrastinate anymore. My last homework was an assembly program plus two problems. I made the (easy) program two weeks ago, the (easy) problems yesterday evening and I handed them in this morning. This has nothing to do with the load - it was all pretty easy - I simply gained the ability to schedule work "comfortably". Sure, I could have started working on the whole assignment at 3 PM and I'd still have finished on time and gotten A+, but do I really want that stress?

Note that even doing work the morning it's due isn't necessarily "procrastination". You have to understand the term well. When you procrastinate, it means that you put off doing something that you should do now. But depending on how quickly you work, or how easily you can learn something, the now we're talking about might actually be the morning. If you have an assignment due for next week, and you know you can do it in under ten minutes, it's no procrastination to do it ten minutes before it's due. You're still handing it in on time. You're still spending the exact same amount of time on it. The only advantage of doing it earlier is that you'll be more comfortable knowing it's done.

I do procrastinate on some personal projects, though, and i admit it's bad procrastination. I wish I didn't do that

Edit: Needs a poll

Jack of Clovers
02-24-2007, 03:00 AM
He's procrastinating on the poll! :tongue: *adds*

I like to wait until the deadline, because it's more exciting.

~Jack~

Sixto
02-24-2007, 03:27 AM
He's procrastinating on the poll! :tongue: *adds*

I like to wait until the deadline, because it's more exciting.

~Jack~

LMAO.

Anyway, yes I do. But I'm too lazy to explain. :tongue3:

Chewy
02-24-2007, 03:30 AM
XD I shall unite!...tomorrow...I procrastinate a lot, just for one plain reason...laziness...hey, everyone else has it, too, right? :cool:

Blue-
02-24-2007, 03:35 AM
I can not tell you enough, can I? I am the procrastinator. I seriously wait until the day before a project is do, to start and finish it. Do it all the time. And I still get good grades. So it's not a bad thing, is it?

Anorexic Snorlax
02-24-2007, 03:39 AM
I <3 procrastinating! It's my favorite subject...until you forget about it and cry that you got a bad grade. ;_;

Kenny_C.002
02-24-2007, 07:04 AM
Yup. Procrastinating is the way to go. Look where I'm at now! Okay okay, I only "procrastinate", but that's still better than not procrastinating outright...

Snow Fairy Sugar
02-24-2007, 07:19 AM
Eh, I am not a procastinator, but...I'll post my thoughts tomorrow. xD

RouteMaster
02-24-2007, 12:31 PM
Why, I'm in the process of procrastination right now.

Actually on personal matters and speaking to people I'm really lazy and put it off too long, then usually it's too late. I'm not bad at doing work though, I'll get things like that done in good time but personal matters; no.

earth_type_rule
02-24-2007, 12:45 PM
I would like to vote, but I need to know wtf the word means >_>

Gaia
02-24-2007, 12:58 PM
I would like to vote, but I need to know wtf the word means >_>

Procrastinating means to do something later, after being ordered.

I myself am a procrastinator of work. I often do my work on last-minute. So yeah. :D xD

Hakken
02-24-2007, 01:01 PM
Too lazy to type whole thing. Bleh.

See, I'm procrastinating.

earth_type_rule
02-24-2007, 05:20 PM
now I know what that means, I'll vote Yes!.........

Tomorrow that is >_>