PDA

View Full Version : Irrational Fears

ZadokRox
02-24-2007, 02:29 PM
Studies have shown that 95% of the things people fear about will never happen to them. What are some of your irrational fears (not legitamite fears, just those that you know won't happen but you're still afraid that it will)?

Some of mine include:

- A great white shark crashing through my shower wall while I'm in there and eating me. Stupid 'Jaws' movies.

- Zombies laying seige against my house. Stupid zombie movies.

- Some ghoul will attack me out of the darkness whenever I come out of my room or bathroom at night. Stupid horror movies.

Steak
02-24-2007, 02:34 PM
A pirahna will just out of the toilet while I'm sitting on it. Stupid stupid movies.

~Falcon~
02-24-2007, 04:35 PM
A giant basebal come with a bat and hits me with it, then he says "KNOW YOU KNOW HOW IT FEELS!!!" 0________o

Shozuka
02-24-2007, 04:36 PM
Did anyone watch that movie? I think it was called The Excorist?

That gurl that's obsessed will eat me.

Negative Zone
02-24-2007, 04:39 PM
That either a sexual offender or killer is under my bed.

Sixto
02-24-2007, 05:25 PM
Did anyone watch that movie? I think it was called The Excorist?

That gurl that's obsessed will eat me.
You mean possessed?

My fear is probably getting tickled to death by clowns. :tongue3:

Leman
02-24-2007, 05:30 PM
I have this weird tree, that makes this weird, shadow that looks like a guy with a machete. Its realy creepy.

Reign-of-Dreams
02-24-2007, 06:21 PM
I don't want to be abducted by aliens. D:

Less irrational, I can't look over ledges. Going up the school steps is a pain. ._.;

Blue-
02-24-2007, 06:51 PM
Pantsed. I'm always afraid that I'll get pantsed. .-.

Razzmatazz
02-24-2007, 08:46 PM
Costal flooding from global warming. Global warming isnt real (silly politicians) but I'm not far from the coast, so I may be living underwater before I'm done.

:rambo:

Alienshroom
02-24-2007, 08:50 PM
My house being broke into evan though my small town has no reported brake ins or theft foe that matter.

Pooka
02-24-2007, 08:55 PM
I hate those dolls that look like 3 year old kids and really life like.

I just know that if I ever had one it would come to life at night and stab me when I was sleeping.

These things

http://cgi.ebay.com/Evan-My-Bonnie-Chyle-AD-Reborn-Baby-Boy_W0QQitemZ250084869267QQihZ015QQcategoryZ48921Q QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Alienshroom
02-24-2007, 08:56 PM
I hate those dolls that look like 3 year old kids and really life like.

I just know that if I ever had one it would come to life at night and stab me when I was sleeping.

These things

http://cgi.ebay.com/Evan-My-Bonnie-Chyle-AD-Reborn-Baby-Boy_W0QQitemZ250084869267QQihZ015QQcategoryZ48921Q QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Those things are Scary!

Matt
02-24-2007, 08:57 PM
The only thing I really fear is being stranded in the ocean. But I doubt that will happen.

Spartan MK-6
02-24-2007, 09:15 PM
- that some spirit keeps following me when i walk down the hallway

- that the covenant will suddenly invade earth O_o

Doroshii
02-24-2007, 09:18 PM
BLACK WIDOW SPIDER EGGS IN BANANAS! :O

Oh and if anyone remembers the show Goosebumps (did I spell that right? O.o) I was deadly afraid of that dummy slappy. HA. :3

Spartan MK-6
02-24-2007, 09:22 PM

Oh and if anyone remembers the show Goosebumps (did I spell that right? O.o) I was deadly afraid of that dummy slappy. HA. :3

ah yes, slappy, the dummy in a tuxedo that no matter how many times he got destroyed or was gotten rid of, always came back. he does look kinda freaky O_o

Doroshii
02-24-2007, 09:28 PM
ah yes, slappy, the dummy in a tuxedo that no matter how many times he got destroyed or was gotten rid of, always came back. he does look kinda freaky O_o
Yeahh exactly! :O I always thought he was under my bed and stuff. xD He was like evil magic.

And I hope the covenant dont come after me either!

Spartan MK-6
02-24-2007, 09:47 PM
Yeahh exactly! :O I always thought he was under my bed and stuff. xD He was like evil magic.

And I hope the covenant dont come after me either!

wtf there was a rotten sandwich inside slappys head O_o?!

i used to love goosebumps books, its funny horror

Pooka
02-24-2007, 09:54 PM
Oh yeah!!! and the other goosebumps one was the halloween mask that if you put on 3 times you couldn't get off!!!

My mum said I couldn't watch it and then and sneaked downstairs and did, god that scared the hell out of me!!!

Spartan MK-6
02-24-2007, 10:02 PM
Oh yeah!!! and the other goosebumps one was the halloween mask that if you put on 3 times you couldn't get off!!!

My mum said I couldn't watch it and then and sneaked downstairs and did, god that scared the hell out of me!!!

you mean the haunted mask?

Pooka
02-24-2007, 10:09 PM
you mean the haunted mask?

Yeah thats the one, I was only 7 and it scared me to death, I had to sleep with the light on for about 2 weeks!:oops:

Spartan MK-6
02-24-2007, 10:14 PM
Yeah thats the one, I was only 7 and it scared me to death, I had to sleep with the light on for about 2 weeks!:oops:

whoa, ive only read the book, but i never saw the movie, i remember about 5 years ago there was a goosebumps tv show, i used to love it, i still remember the tune

Pooka
02-24-2007, 10:18 PM
whoa, ive only read the book, but i never saw the movie, i remember about 5 years ago there was a goosebumps tv show, i used to love it, i still remember the tune

Yeah it was like a double episode special. I remember the opening had like a dog with wierd green eyes and I was always really scared that my dog would get like that.:redface:

Spartan MK-6
02-24-2007, 10:20 PM
Yeah it was like a double episode special. I remember the opening had like a dog with wierd green eyes and I was always really scared that my dog would get like that.:redface:

what i remember was in the starting theme the view was going past a billboard on a hill and into this town or something like that, i only remember that and the last few seconds of the tune. i really wish that they would show it again, it would really bring back old memories

Pooka
02-24-2007, 10:23 PM
what i remember was in the starting theme the view was going past a billboard on a hill and into this town or something like that, i only remember that and the last few seconds of the tune. i really wish that they would show it again, it would really bring back old memories

Yeah it did have a billboard and also a guy on a hill tearing out pages of a book and them blowing off in the wind.

Man I should have listened to my mum!

Nirvash
02-24-2007, 10:24 PM
I'm scared that spiders will creep on me as I sleep and I'll wake up with one on my face.

Another is that a robber will come since we live in an area with a lot of money. :P

Oh, oh! And another is that people will try to take advantage of me being in their group at school and take all the credit for my work, since I'm the smartest in 2 of my classes since my school is for dimwits. :P

Spartan MK-6
02-24-2007, 10:26 PM
Yeah it did have a billboard and also a guy on a hill tearing out pages of a book and them blowing off in the wind.

Man I should have listened to my mum!

when i was 5 i had this dream, that i thought was terrifying back then, but now i think its absurd to think that it was scary, in the dream i saw one of the thomas the tank engine characters getting eaten by a whale O_O.

it scared the living daylights outta me back then, i have no idea why though :oops:

Pooka
02-24-2007, 10:27 PM
when i was 5 i had this dream, that i thought was terrifying back then, but now i think its absurd to think that it was scary, in the dream i saw one of the thomas the tank engine characters getting eaten by a whale O_O.

it scared the living daylights outta me back then, i have no idea why though :redface:

HAH!!! OMG that is the funniest thing I've heard all day!!!:crackup:

Lonsie
02-24-2007, 10:30 PM
That either a sexual offender or killer is under my bed.

Like Me? XD

But I feel every time I turn on the light in a dark room there is going to be a killer in the room.

EDIT:

And that: http://newmedia.funnyjunk.com/pictures/ronaldgetsshow.gif

Spartan MK-6
02-24-2007, 10:30 PM
HAH!!! OMG that is the funniest thing I've heard all day!!!:crackup:

thats what i mean, i think its absurd to ever think that that was scary, when ur 5 u get scared easily, but man, im so embarassed by saying that.

Pooka
02-24-2007, 10:33 PM
thats what i mean, i think its absurd to ever think that that was scary, when ur 5 u get scared easily, but man, im so embarassed by saying that.

You shouldn't be embarassed by it, I bet I got scared by a lot more less frightening things!

BTW 100th post, woo hoo!:biggrin:

Spartan MK-6
02-24-2007, 10:35 PM
You shouldn't be embarassed by it, I bet I got scared by a lot more less frightening things!

BTW 100th post, woo hoo!:biggrin:

congrats, im waiting 2 get to 1,000. shouldnt be too far away.

on topic: like? lol, u dun hav 2 say.

Pooka
02-24-2007, 10:37 PM
Hmmm... I can't think of any proper ones of the top of my head, but silly things like I was scared to go upstairs alone and also I thought that if I flushed the loo a monster would come out and eat me!:redface:

Spartan MK-6
02-24-2007, 10:41 PM
Hmmm... I can't think of any proper ones of the top of my head, but silly things like I was scared to go upstairs alone and also I thought that if I flushed the loo a monster would come out and eat me!:redface:

once i was scared to go into my sisters room because i was afraid that her picture of the band group "five" would come to life and move around O_o.

and another one, a few years back i was afraid to go into my friends creek because i thought that some giant eel monster was gonna eat me.

my god those are some absurd fears

Negative Zone
02-24-2007, 10:41 PM
I love the Goosebumps books! I saw 2 of the movies. But Slappy was always scary. Never read those ones.

Tamer Marco
02-25-2007, 12:25 AM
I literally have a fear of a giant parisitic alien popping out of my chest. Something that isn't helping with my social life very much. <_<

Clutch
02-25-2007, 12:33 AM
The only thing I really fear is being stranded in the ocean. But I doubt that will happen.
Same here.

I don't want to eat bananas anymore. =(
I literally have a fear of a giant parisitic alien popping out of my chest. Something that isn't helping with my social life very much. <_<

._.

Doroshii
02-25-2007, 12:36 AM

Its for your own protection!

Tamer Marco
02-25-2007, 12:38 AM
Same here.

._.
The parisitic alien popping out of your chest, is REAL! I've gone so far to wear a straitjacket to keep it inside of me.

FrozenChaos
02-25-2007, 01:53 AM
Same here.

Nuuu! I was eating a banana when I read that! ;_;

._.

The parisitic alien popping out of your chest, is REAL! I've gone so far to wear a straitjacket to keep it inside of me.

... Have I ever told you that you were weird? x3
EDIT: I forgot to say what I came here to say. xD I have a big fear of a bunch of really poisonus snakes digging their way up through the floor in my house and coming to kill me. ;_; I have that nightmare every few months.

~Falcon~
02-25-2007, 01:54 PM
-.- now i dont want to eat XD but 6 years ago there was a serial killer group and i was scared they would kill me 0_____o

xxxSakura
02-25-2007, 02:09 PM
I used to think while I'm bathing a shark or whale will come and eat me x,x

Lucky Flareon
02-25-2007, 05:15 PM
You know the small windows at the top of basements. I'm afraid that some crazy guy will decide to climb in through one of them, and live in our basement.

Kaze
02-25-2007, 05:19 PM
I was discussing my fears with my brother earlier today. Weird.

Well, I don't like rooms full of mirrors everywhere. Some random guy could suddenly appear. It freaks me out. XD

Oh, and I'm afraid of fish I don't know, that they might go into convulsions and leap out of the take onto me. We own fish, but I'm okay with them. It's only fish at a pet store or at a friend's house. o_O Mayhaps I have ichthyophobia?

Lil Booo
02-25-2007, 05:55 PM
:oops: :redface: that the puppet out of 'saw' would suddenly be found in my basement laying down and then suddenly everything is locked and then well the funhouse starts

Knightblazer
02-27-2007, 12:31 AM
Falling into a toliet bowl. And I don't even know why. O.o

And more realistic, I have a fear of Volleyballs, glass panels and slippery stairs. knocking my head thrice in a year (with concussions included) has been more than enough. i don't want any pernament brain damage. ><;

Knightblazer

Zombie Muse
02-27-2007, 03:34 AM
My fear would probly be to awake to the earths doom pressed agenst us, or wakeing up to a tornado in eye view destroying town outside my window with my hole family gone with out me.

Anorexic Snorlax
02-27-2007, 03:44 AM
I'm scared that Zant ((from Zelda)) is sleeping right beside me. Stupid Twilight Princess.

Blue-
02-27-2007, 03:47 AM
I'm also afraid that someone is following me. Perhaps it is the spirit of my loved ones trying to push me forward, or maybe it's something scary.

You have to think that the people in horror movies must be happy that they are killed by the beast/monster/killer because at least they don't have to be scared anymore. ^^; I think in strange ways.

Dynamik
02-27-2007, 05:12 AM
Something is hiding in my blankets. Stupid myspace chain letters. :[[

22sa
02-27-2007, 01:46 PM
I tend to overestimate other people's intelligence.

ZadokRox
02-27-2007, 07:37 PM
Something is hiding in my blankets.

The only thing that ever hid in my blankets was static electricity.

Oh, another irrational fear of mine is drinking from a glass of water that has set overnight. Somebody I used to work with went to Canada once. She was instructed not to drink anything that has sat overnight while there, so now I don't drink anything that has set overnight.

I'm also afraid that while I'm outside at night, someone or something is stalking me or will tackle me from behind.