PDA

View Full Version : DVD Review: HellBoy

The Elite Ygseto
08-05-2004, 05:21 PM
This'll be my first DVD review. I was thinking of giveing reviews of the DVDs I rent/buy.

HellBoy (2003)

Following the success of the other SuperHero movies, the creators of Hellboy made a movie of thier most popular comic.
I went to my local Blockbuster and rented Hellboy. I brought it home and wacthed it the same night.
Since it was the secound time I had seen it, I was looking at it from a critic's view.
I wacthed as the costume design was a little to clunky for the Hell Hound, so he looked fake. Thats not what you want in a movie. :P
But the make-up on Hellboy was done very well, and so where the enviorments.
It had some funny jokes and a weak, but good, romance story also.
I'll give it a 3/5

Tiana_M
08-05-2004, 11:14 PM
I only saw the movie once in the theatres so I didn't get a chance to look at it critically but I'll agree that some of the make-up, even some of the characters, looked somewhat fake. I thought the scenery in general though was pretty awsome, but your right the romance was pretty weak, and I'd have to say that my fav. character was the fish dude (It's been awhile since I saw it so I can't remember his name). Whoever did his voice did a wonderful job (Also I'm not one who is very attentive to the names of actors and am not generally good at remembering names anyway).

Matthew
08-06-2004, 06:18 AM
I only saw the movie once in the theatres so I didn't get a chance to look at it critically but I'll agree that some of the make-up, even some of the characters, looked somewhat fake. I thought the scenery in general though was pretty awsome, but your right the romance was pretty weak, and I'd have to say that my fav. character was the fish dude (It's been awhile since I saw it so I can't remember his name). Whoever did his voice did a wonderful job (Also I'm not one who is very attentive to the names of actors and am not generally good at remembering names anyway).

Heh... I liked the fish dude too!!

Anyway... I didn't like the movie much anyway... I gave it a C-... worth seein only once... The graphics were somewhat okay, and I only liked it cause Selma Blair looked segsy on the banner : :drool: LOL... It was an okay story line, and yeah the romance was weak. MEh... again, it was onlyh good enough to see once... so Im not gonna buy it or rent it...

VenusaurTrainer
08-06-2004, 09:01 PM
I liked the movie a lot. I went and bought when it was released. I give it a B+.