PDA

View Full Version : US Tornados!!!

DratiniLover
03-02-2007, 02:49 PM
I don't live in America, but have seen on the news about tornados striking America, have any of you been affected by these tornados?

Charbok
03-02-2007, 02:57 PM
I absolutely LOVE tornadoes, i am a storm FREAK! i plan on growing up and becoming a storm chaser/meteorologist!!! I have many lightning photos, and one tornado photo. I remember that dad... it was really close, but i just stood outside, looking at it in awe... i probably should have gone inside which i did... to get eh camera, then i went back out and took a snapshot, looked at it for a few more seconds, then got my *** inside.

mini micro
03-02-2007, 02:57 PM
not me the lastest tornado hit alabama

DratiniLover
03-02-2007, 03:44 PM
I absolutely LOVE tornadoes, i am a storm FREAK! i plan on growing up and becoming a storm chaser/meteorologist!!! I have many lightning photos, and one tornado photo. I remember that dad... it was really close, but i just stood outside, looking at it in awe... i probably should have gone inside which i did... to get eh camera, then i went back out and took a snapshot, looked at it for a few more seconds, then got my *** inside.

Omg! We like the same things! I'm a storm freak too! (Includes natural disasters) I love tornados too, natural disasters like tornados, and hurricanes, I think they are fasinating! My ambitions are to become; A storm chaser/meteorologist, an author, an artist, or a graphic artist!

mini micro
03-02-2007, 06:15 PM
Omg! We like the same things! I'm a storm freak too! (Includes natural disasters) I love tornados too, natural disasters like tornados, and hurricanes, I think they are fasinating! My ambitions are to become; A storm chaser/meteorologist, an author, an artist, or a graphic artist!
thats pretty cool Dratini lover

Legendary Wolf
03-02-2007, 07:35 PM
I don't live in America, but have seen on the news about tornados striking America, have any of you been affected by these tornados?

Almost hit meh only a state or two away

Zombie Muse
03-02-2007, 08:33 PM
J'ADORE L'ORAGES!!!!!!! I LOVE STORMS all kind, wind, snow ice, rain, thunder, fire, all types of storms and natural disastures!! Look at my siggy thats alot of natural disasturs, volacainos, lighting, earthquakes, tornados, floods, even star explosions, and Omaha just got hit by a big snow storm snow day yesterday AND taday. A Tornada barly hit Omaha last year, barly effected my, but we had a HUGE Tornado in 1899 or so it hit the Ralston bank and money rain from the sky seriously it caused millions of dollars of damage, ooo I wish I was alive ta see it I wasn't born untill 3 years later T.T.

mini micro
03-02-2007, 08:38 PM
J'ADORE L'ORAGES!!!!!!! I LOVE STORMS all kind, wind, snow ice, rain, thunder, fire, all types of storms and natural disastures!! Look at my siggy thats alot of natural disasturs, volacainos, lighting, earthquakes, tornados, floods, even star explosions, and Omaha just got hit by a big snow storm snow day yesterday AND taday. A Tornada barly hit Omaha last year, barly effected my, but we had a HUGE Tornado in 1899 or so it hit the Ralston bank and money rain from the sky seriously it caused millions of dollars of damage, ooo I wish I was alive ta see it I wasn't born untill 3 years later T.T.
people are still talking about hurricane katrina it hit luisania the most and the city was flooded

Kaze
03-02-2007, 08:51 PM
There have been a decent number of tornados in Indiana around where I live. I've never seen them, though. Usually, it just gets stormy (I like storms when they're not life-threatening, though). We've had to move into my mom's bedroom to watch the weather channel (it's closest to the laundry room, which would be the safest place because of where it's located in the house). Nothing has ever struck us, though; there were just a few close calls.

Espeon EX
03-02-2007, 08:53 PM
I have never seen a tornado, nor hurricane in my life, it's because i lived in california for 8 years, i've seen earthquakes, then moved to michigan for 3 years, still haven't seen one, and now i'm in texas and never saw any, i'm so lucky, but i love to look at storm books.

Xalapeno
03-02-2007, 08:54 PM
Interesting enough my house has been through 100yrs worth of storms.:eek:
Tornadoes, hurricanes and thuderstorms. I live in Florida, Thunderstorm capital of the world. Highest lightning strike deaths and stuff. I feel sorry for those other people and learn to appreciate my luck.:happy:

Zombie Muse
03-02-2007, 09:00 PM
A few years ago i went to Adventure Land cuz I live so close by it, but we never got into the park exept 1 day and we couldn't go one 3 of the rides because it rained so hard, 2 Tornados 50 miles away from where we were in another town, but it flooded! and three rides were struk by lighting I was like "OMG NOOOOOOO!!!!!!" but it was awsome 2 and 1/2 feet of water and going into or out of the hotel was fun open the automatic doors and then came in the water XD.

DratiniLover
03-02-2007, 09:04 PM
Maybe we should make a Natural disasters club!

Zombie Muse
03-02-2007, 09:18 PM
That'd be awsome! lol

Matt
03-02-2007, 09:23 PM
It's pretty sound here in MD. We has a mini-tornado hit college park a few years ago, but besides that it's just the occasional blizzard or lightning storm. Nothing big.

Alienshroom
03-02-2007, 09:23 PM
I was in a Tornado (Not in or near it but you get it) thats it.

DratiniLover
03-02-2007, 09:54 PM
I was in a Tornado (Not in or near it but you get it) thats it.

What was it like, and what factor was it on the damage scale?

Charbok
03-02-2007, 09:57 PM
What was it like, and what factor was it on the damage scale?

i was gonna ask that!

Zombie Muse
03-02-2007, 10:21 PM
I wish I saw a Tornado..., I'd take soooo many pictures, then hide from it lol.

Reign-of-Dreams
03-02-2007, 10:22 PM
It's pretty sound here in MD. We has a mini-tornado hit college park a few years ago, but besides that it's just the occasional blizzard or lightning storm. Nothing big.
Yes, MD is quite boring. I only recall getting a tornado in my area when I was 5 or so. We get the edges of hurricanes and snowstorms, but that's about it. D:

Zombie Muse
03-02-2007, 10:51 PM
When I was in Florida 4 years ago the edge of a hurricain hit us, all it did was rain for all the days we were there, it was quit nice ^^.

DratiniLover
03-03-2007, 09:35 AM
When I was in Florida 4 years ago the edge of a hurricain hit us, all it did was rain for all the days we were there, it was quit nice ^^.

It must have been quite windy!

Legendary Wolf
03-03-2007, 02:29 PM
It must have been quite windy!

Probably doesnt know what real wind is.......we already have like 100 years worth of hurricanes

I hate Global Warming

Tory vs Meaty II
03-03-2007, 05:47 PM
Well Global Warming happend 60 years ago, I have seen a tornado dozen of times.

DratiniLover
03-04-2007, 08:08 AM
Well Global Warming happend 60 years ago, I have seen a tornado dozen of times.

Global warming is getting worse, and if we don't stop the amount of electricity and gases we use, we'll have loads more tornados, and natural disasters like that!

(2006-2007) In the UK there was F1 tornados, and I was at school at the time, and things were flying about everywhere, it was amazing! Of course we weren't allowed to go outside for break and lunch, and we were allowed to leave school at 3:00pm because of the tornados. (2006-2007) Another time, I was walking home from school with my friend, and the sky went really dark right before our eyes. Then strong gusts of wind and rain came, and one gust of wind swept me across the pavement!

The 3 tornados happened almost one after another!

Charbok
03-04-2007, 04:02 PM
I live in Florida, Thunderstorm capital of the world.

Actually, you guys are second, texas beats you in Monsoons, and Tornadoes.

Tory vs Meaty II
03-04-2007, 05:03 PM
Global warming is getting worse, and if we don't stop the amount of electricity and gases we use, we'll have loads more tornados, and natural disasters like that!

(2006-2007) In the UK there was F1 tornados, and I was at school at the time, and things were flying about everywhere, it was amazing! Of course we weren't allowed to go outside for break and lunch, and we were allowed to leave school at 3:00pm because of the tornados. (2006-2007) Another time, I was walking home from school with my friend, and the sky went really dark right before our eyes. Then strong gusts of wind and rain came, and one gust of wind swept me across the pavement!

The 3 tornados happened almost one after another!

Yeah, it is getting worst, the only thing that really bad happend back then was just the Antartican Plate. I heard that some where around Italy where a hurracain can kill millions of people soon. Three you say? That's very lucky, but dangerous.

Zombie Muse
03-04-2007, 07:31 PM
I don't think global warming is the reason for the glacairs melting, or anything at all, you see the earth heats and warms itself constantly, take the Ice Age, the earth got really cold for some reason, but before that the dinasor age it was REALLY hot. now it's getting hot again, then we'll have the 2nd Ice age, then it'll get hot again, seriosly alot of scientist are expecting another Ice age, so why would it get cold right after global warming makes it hot, because it's the earth not global warming.