PDA

View Full Version : Battle of the REGIONS!

PokéJungle
03-04-2007, 04:06 AM
So just vote. What is the best region in the Pokemon world?

Things to consider:
- Gyms
- Pokemon
- Characters
- Geography
- Originality

Lord Voldemort
03-04-2007, 02:11 PM
Hoenn, becuase

-Contests
-Battle Frontier (Emerald)
-Awesome Legendaries
-Effects (Like Drizzle)

Shadow From The Deep
03-04-2007, 03:41 PM
I like Kanto but I can't explain why, maybe because of the cool gym leaders. I just hated Saffron city though.

Dark Charizard
03-04-2007, 03:43 PM
So just vote. What is the best region in the Pokemon world?

Things to consider:
- Gyms
- Pokemon
- Characters
- Geography
- Originality

- Gyms Cerulean
- Pokemon Charizard
- Characters Misty, Brock, Tracy
- Geography hmmmp
- Originality hmmmp

Add the Orange Islands. ;)

Lil Booo
03-04-2007, 04:17 PM
i dont know but i like the 7 or 8 islands that you get in leafgreen

Pooka
03-04-2007, 04:42 PM
Johto's the best! Cutest Pokémon and...well...cutest Pokémon!!!:happy:

Charbok
03-04-2007, 05:28 PM
1. Kanto
2. Hoenn
3. Johto

dont know about sinnoh

STORMTROOPER X
03-04-2007, 08:30 PM
Original is always best, but Johto was excellent too.

RouteMaster
03-04-2007, 09:30 PM
Hoenn, for the following reasons:

- Gyms: Fire, Water and Electric Gyms back in one region. Plus you fight your father and there's a double battle gym.
- Pokemon: Not amazing but a good region Pokedex nonetheless.
- Characters: Wally and a rival (two for the price of one), Scott and too evil teams.
- Geography: More variation; mountains, desert, forest, deep and shallow water and a cycle path.
- Originality: pretty original in most respects really. Played on the strengths of previous versions and added it's own R/S/E touch.

Plus I enjoyed all three anime seasons that focused on Hoenn (Pokemon Advanced, Advanced Challenge and Advanced Battle).

Nirvash
03-04-2007, 09:36 PM
I think this thread would of been better after D/P in America comes out, so that people know what Sinnoh's like. :P

Hoshika
03-04-2007, 10:58 PM
Johto.

- Gyms Able to go to 16 gyms without extremely long distance travel.
- Pokemon Pichu and Cyndaquil!
- Characters Ash/Red is in Mt. Silver. =o
- Geography It's the left side of the Kanto-Johto region! And that little bit of land where Cianwood City is is good speculation material.
- Originality Ruins of Alph is better than Tanoby Ruins!

Alienshroom
03-04-2007, 11:30 PM
Sinnoh for me cause I have the Japanese versoin and its towns are huge, And for me what I really like about it is the towns show statues and wall drawing of Palkia (Pearl) or Dailga (Diamond) which shows there power and importance. Though for me Palkia is why I picked sinnoh he ROCKS! (Sorry this dont folo Format.)

Kaze
03-05-2007, 12:43 AM
Sure, the originals are always great and Kanto comes in second, but Hoenn is my favorite. Since I was late to get into Pokemon (meaning after the "fad" began to die out :tongue:), the first game I played and beat was Sapphire. In fact, I knew Kanto only by watching the show; I hadn't touched RBY in my life. The sad thing is, at that point, if you showed me a poster and told me to name all of the Pokemon, I'd probably get all except for Johto.

This has changed now, but since I don't know what Sinnoh is really like, Hoenn is my favorite. If they made remakes of GSC, then I might be able to alter my opinion, since I love the Legendaries so much. I just grew up around Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza, so naturally I like Hoenn the best. :oops:

Seven
03-05-2007, 12:45 AM
Johto. Hands down. It has plantations, 'nough said.

Lonsie
03-05-2007, 12:48 AM
They're all so great in their own way! I can't really decide, but I do like Hoenn because of Phoebe.

PokéJungle
03-05-2007, 04:34 AM
I feel kind of bad for Orre at the moment.

Ultima Boss
03-05-2007, 05:25 AM
I think this thread would of been better after D/P in America comes out, so that people know what Sinnoh's like. :P
Yeah, that would've been better timing, but there's always those who were eager to import.

I feel kind of bad for Orre at the moment.
Heh, Orre had little to offer, other than those stat-up berries. Hopefully, PBR will redeem itself.

Anyway:

Gyms: Johto
Pokemon: Hoenn
Characters: Kanto
Geography: Hoenn
Originality: Kanto

Taking those into consideration, along with my own bias, I'll go with Hoenn.

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
03-05-2007, 06:06 AM
Kanto is my favourite region. Practically all of my favourite Pokemon are from Kanto and there's barely any Kanto Pokemon that I dislike. It's the only region (not sure about Sinnoh) with a Grass Gym (my favourite type) and it has the most interesting Gym Leaders and Elite Four who each have a story behind them (not to mention they seem to be more of a chllenge than the other regions). The Anime was funnier, more original and overall more fun to watch back in Kanto and I could even go on about loving silly litle things like the town names: Indigo Plateau and Pallet Town are some of my favourites. ^^; But yeah, you can't get more original than Kanto.

Gaia
03-05-2007, 06:31 AM
I voted Johto because:-

- Gyms Azalea, Goldenrod, Mahogany.
- Pokemon ALL the Pokemon, including Dunsparce. :cool:
- Characters Original.
- Geography A vast region to explore. :)
- Originality Very original, imo.

PokéJungle
03-05-2007, 07:19 AM
I voted Johto because:-

- Gyms Azalea, Goldenrod, Mahogany.
- Pokemon ALL the Pokemon, including Dunsparce. :cool:
- Characters Original.
- Geography A vast region to explore. :)
- Originality Very original, imo.
You have a point about Dunsparce.

And, Johto is also a good pick for GS Shippers.

Gary's Gurl
03-05-2007, 09:30 AM
You so have to stick with the classic... without kanto the rest wouldn't exist.

Professor Geoffrey
03-07-2007, 03:26 PM
Jhoto. It's got most of my favorite Pokemon, I love the Gym Leaders (except for Bugsy), I love the cities, I love the music, and the gameplay was amazing. Even Pokemon.com's mailbag says many poeple are still wanting Jhoto to make a comback, since it's the only region in the anime that isn't playable for the DS.

My favorite Pokemon in Jhoto region: Delibird, Blissey, Mantine, Sneasel, Quilfish, Cyndaquil, Totadile, Quilava, Ferlagatr, Typhlosion.

Lil Booo
03-07-2007, 08:13 PM
Kanto actually the originals just stick in my head more and im more familiar with it too:surp:

Tory vs Meaty II
03-07-2007, 11:36 PM
All great, not this poll again. Well this time it has Orre in it, I never had a SN/GC Pokemon game before, so I don't know anything about the Orre region. If they remake one more GBA/DS Kanto game, I will scream-out so loud! I don't like the Kanto region, nor the Hoenn region. They need to remake a Johto game really badly. It is a battle between Johto & Shinoh. Hmm...

Kayla
03-08-2007, 12:43 AM
Kanto. Persians and TR. Yay! Though my mind may change when D/P comes out, it looks pretty cool.

Ryouseiken
03-08-2007, 05:09 AM
This is really hard for me, its a near tie between Kanto and Hoenn...eventually, I had to succumb to Hoenn. ^^' I just honestly like it a 'lil' bit more..

Hikari_TaDa
03-08-2007, 05:20 AM
I voted for Sinnoh!!!!But BTW
what is Orre?

Ryouseiken
03-08-2007, 05:22 AM
I voted for Sinnoh!!!!But BTW
what is Orre?

Orre, if I remember correctly, is the region in 'Pokemon XD' and 'Pokemon Colloseum'...

Iridium
03-09-2007, 10:58 AM
Kanto because thats where Pokemon first started.

Ridley
03-09-2007, 05:52 PM
I vote for Johto, although my favorite mon is 3rd gen.

Soda
03-09-2007, 06:29 PM
Sinnoh for me the best is yet to come!!

Espeon EX
03-09-2007, 07:09 PM
pokemon: Hoenn, johto
gym: hoenn
trainers:orre
geography: hoenn

favorite region: Hoenn because it's one of the known regions that i know of, also, i've discovered a strong pokemon named salamence.

Lil Booo
03-09-2007, 07:49 PM
sorry but whats orre? :oops: :oops: