PDA

View Full Version : A New Era of Yu-gi-oh is Dawning

Alakazam
08-08-2004, 04:12 PM
For any fans of the Yu-gi-oh anime/manga, things are really looking up!

-Shonen Jump is currently printing weekly digests of Yu-gi-oh manga (which the first anime series, the one that hasn't been translated, is based on), and graphic novels are also being distributed. We're pretty sure that they'll continue with translating the Duel Monsters manga next.

-As "Yu-gi-oh: Duel Monsters" anime winds to a close in Japan, news of a new Yu-gi-oh anime series emerges. (Small FYI - Most experts speculate that the show will sturn out to be about 230 episodes long; we're up to about 140 in the US) Called "Duel Monsters Genex" (Duel Monsters Next Generation), this new series will feature a new cast of characters, and will supposedly focus on a group of friends attending a Duelist Academy. I think this will be based on the new Yu-gi-oh manga that is currently being released in Japan.

-Kid's WB has put YGO back on the 4:30 PM time slot starting on August 1st, 2004. Also, after much speculation, it has been confirmed that WB has purchased the next season (40 episodes long) on Yu-gi-oh (after the end of the Battle City Tournament). This series is about the DOOM organization that is trying to revive the Queen of Atlantis and the Dark Orichalos God. Episodes will start premireing on Saturdays at 11:00 EST on the WB this fall.

-With a new anime series on the way, it has become clear that the Duel Monsters TCG is still growing. After the release of Ancient Sanctuary, which is a culmination of two Japanese sets: Sanctuary of the Sky and Pharonic Inheritance, Soul of the Duelist has been released in Japan and there is yet another set slated for release soon in Japan: Rise of Destiny. What? There's TWO more sets out in Japan? You know what that means...there will be a new set coming out in English sooner or later.

---

And, lastly...I have a bit of bad news, which any Duel Monsters fan is probably already aware of. Yesterday, instead of premireing "Final Face Off, Part II", Kid's WB mistakenly(?) showed "Blue Eyes VS Exodia Necros, Part II", which is the last episode of the Virtual World Saga...many fans were very disappointed. I hope that they show the correct episode next week -_-

mlugia
08-08-2004, 04:47 PM
Is it just me or is there a new YGO set out ever 2 weeks?

Scorch Ry
08-08-2004, 06:46 PM
~Aleyquala: Angry Mode~

I was highly upset when they aired the wrong episode. This was an upsetting appearance for me, so I was basically mad for a few hours. I know thousands, possibly millions, of fans were angry. But, I have a question...if this is new Yu-Gi-Oh Genex is coming out next year, after the final series of the first Yu-Gi-Oh, are there any clues to who the cast members look like? I'm assuming that Yami Yugi and that gang won't be seen anymore, except for special appearance possibly. And hi, Alakazam! Nice to see that you are posting again. Never saw you post in awhile.

Matt & Vulpix
08-08-2004, 08:21 PM
Would anyone know when the Marik vs Yugi duel episodes air here on YTV in Canada? I caught part one on the WB Time on FOX (at 7 AM but the chances of me waking up that early again are slim) but I'd like to see the rest.

I heard about Yu-Gi-Oh! R somewhere. Is that a rumor or is it something?

Lego Man
08-09-2004, 02:46 AM
Would anyone know when the Marik vs Yugi duel episodes air here on YTV in Canada? I caught part one on the WB Time on FOX (at 7 AM but the chances of me waking up that early again are slim) but I'd like to see the rest.

YTV aired a yu-gi-oh marithon yesterday that had the last 10 episodes of the season in it, I think that was the second or third time they've shown the Yugi/Marik duel, the bad news is now YTV has gotten rid of it's Zone timeslot and is only on Fridays at 7 PM EST and Saturdays at 8 AM and 11 AM. This is what they have as Friday's description:
Yu-Gi-Oh!

Episodes:
Episode 132,
Clash in the Coliseum

Time:
7:00 PM Friday, August 13

Plot:
A battle between two Egyptian God Cards releases mystical forces and visions that answer questions and create prophecies

So it's definently the Yugi vs. Kaiba duel but what part I don't know.

AbXtreme
08-09-2004, 06:15 PM
No Offence But Englands Already Gone Past The Final Face Off. Now it's just Old and Very Old Episodes. But i Can't Wait

DragonShane
08-12-2004, 12:07 AM
Okay, so do we know if it really was a mistake by WB airing an episode of the Noah saga rather than a new episode? Or is it just their way of saying "it's summer; time for reruns!!"? :P

Agh...no offense to Takahashi, but is there really a need for another series based on the card game? I was really hoping that the plot would once again revolve around various games like it did in the early mangas. I found those way more interesting than 30 minutes of characters describing every aspect of a card drawn x_x;....

On a side note, has it been mentioned here yet that 4Kids is releasing the first uncut dvd of YuGiOh in October? (Buy them so they release more!! XP)

Alakazam
08-13-2004, 03:39 PM
Is it just me or is there a new YGO set out ever 2 weeks?

Honestly...it's just you. The sets do come out quickly, but not that quickly.

~Aleyquala: Angry Mode~

I was highly upset when they aired the wrong episode. This was an upsetting appearance for me, so I was basically mad for a few hours. I know thousands, possibly millions, of fans were angry. But, I have a question...if this is new Yu-Gi-Oh Genex is coming out next year, after the final series of the first Yu-Gi-Oh, are there any clues to who the cast members look like? I'm assuming that Yami Yugi and that gang won't be seen anymore, except for special appearance possibly. And hi, Alakazam! Nice to see that you are posting again. Never saw you post in awhile.

Nope, no visuals have been released yet on the Genex cast.

Oh, and, hi! I've been busy this summer, and I'll be returning for good in a few weeks, once I move into my dorm.

Yes, I'm pretty sure it has, since half of the duel has been shown in the US, and YTV is at least 10-12 eps. ahead of the WB.

YGO! R is the manga that the "Yu-gi-oh! Genex" is based on

Okay, so do we know if it really was a mistake by WB airing an episode of the Noah saga rather than a new episode? Or is it just their way of saying "it's summer; time for reruns!!"? :P

No, I don't think so. the WB has purchased Seasons 4 and 5, and Season 4 doesn't end until after Malik VS Yuugi. I'm sure they plan on finishing the season so that they can start season 5 this fall...besides, the summer's almost over *winces at the thought*

Agh...no offense to Takahashi, but is there really a need for another series based on the card game? I was really hoping that the plot would once again revolve around various games like it did in the early mangas. I found those way more interesting than 30 minutes of characters describing every aspect of a card drawn x_x;....

Personally, I think so...I perfer the Duel Monsters portion of the animé over the first 27-ep. season...besides, it's all about the money, and the anime is doing very well. Why stop a good thing?

On a side note, has it been mentioned here yet that 4Kids is releasing the first uncut dvd of YuGiOh in October? (Buy them so they release more!! XP)

:P I think I forgot to mention that...the first 2 DVDs have so far been released.

--

Oh, and I have new Genex news: it will begin in Japan on October 10th, 2004

Scorch Ry
08-16-2004, 03:10 AM
Well, I think its a great idea. Seeing a new collection of duelists battle with new cards and old cards in new ways would be something interesting to see. I just want to make sure that the old cast will make appearances every now and then...I would miss them all. ;_;

Chicko
08-20-2004, 03:39 PM
I don't have Kids WB, so I watch it on Cartoon Network, which is completely hopeless because they got all the way up to episode 78, where Joey wakes up from Marik's control. BUT, CN started over! So Monday they will air episode 3. *sigh*

Bandit
08-20-2004, 08:52 PM
Has anyone seen the movie yet cos I have, I've seen it twice, once and two days after it, the cards I got were Watapon and Sorcerer of Dark Magic.

Shroomish
08-22-2004, 12:34 AM
Well, I think its a great idea. Seeing a new collection of duelists battle with new cards and old cards in new ways would be something interesting to see. I just want to make sure that the old cast will make appearances every now and then...I would miss them all. ;_;

I know, same here. =/ I watch YGO more for the character plots and all than I do for the duels. So, if they started a clean slate, I don't think I'd be at all interested. :(

Matthew
08-22-2004, 02:35 AM
Meh... I don't like the characters they have right now... the dueling ant bad... I actually like that pat!

Yugi- Annoying schitzophrenic midget elf... XD
Joey: Cocky, arrogant
Tristian: Clueless -_-
Teha (sp?)- Too cheery and dramatic
Mai: :cool:
Kaiba: Too into himself

I can go on and on...

Hopefully these new characters are cool.

Ace
08-22-2004, 07:45 AM
Meh... I don't like the characters they have right now... the dueling ant bad... I actually like that pat!

Yugi- Annoying schitzophrenic midget elf... XD
Joey: Cocky, arrogant
Tristian: Clueless -_-
Teha (sp?)- Too cheery and dramatic
Mai: :cool:
Kaiba: Too into himself

I can go on and on...

Hopefully these new characters are cool.

Yeah, most of those characters are too much of something. Their personalities are a little unreal :tongue2:

Oh yes, Matt, it's spelled Tea. I used captions while watching it on TV. :tongue:

I have yet to see these new characters. Maybe it will get me back into Yu-Gi-Oh, or maybe i'll just go Meh and walk away. :tongue:

Matthew
08-22-2004, 07:47 AM
I'll probably go meh as it is on way too early for me to actually take interest in anything, or maybe I'll get back into it... I don't know. I know I've given up the cards for sure... I don't do any TCG anymore...

Ace
08-22-2004, 07:56 AM
I'll probably go meh as it is on way too early for me to actually take interest in anything, or maybe I'll get back into it... I don't know. I know I've given up the cards for sure... I don't do any TCG anymore...

Me neither, in fact, I don't even know what I really enjoy anymore.....

I'm on that time of life where things become uncertain...and stuff...

I didn't know midlife crises' come this early in life, wait, this might be a midadult crisis or something! *has been converted and watches too many family comedy sitcoms such as Everybody Loves Raymond*

Things like Yu-Gi-Oh has just become too kiddish for me, yet again, i'm in a stage of unceratinty where fears and pains overcome of me...verah painful thinking...

Matthew
08-22-2004, 07:58 AM
What I find funny os that Not EVERYBODY Loves Ramon, lol! Yeah... I usually find that once I lose interest, that is it...

Alakazam
08-23-2004, 01:04 PM
Has anyone seen the movie yet cos I have, I've seen it twice, once and two days after it, the cards I got were Watapon and Sorcerer of Dark Magic.

Yeah; I saw it and I got the Blue Eyes Shining Dragon with my ticket. I also bought the "Exclusive Pack", which comes with:

-Andro Sphinx
-Sphinx Telia
-Thenien, the Great Sphinx
-Famliiar Knight
-Peten the Dark Clown
-Rare Metal Dragon
-Inferno Tempest
-Return from the Different Dimension

Matthew
08-23-2004, 05:22 PM
There is an exclusive pack? Wher'd you get it... for curiosity sakes. I was wondering where one would get the sphinxs' cards for the pyramid of light (I think that is the right card...)

Alakazam
08-23-2004, 06:38 PM
I got my Exclusive Pack at Wal-mart...it shouldn't be too tough to find.

Chicko
08-23-2004, 06:42 PM
Really? I couldn't find any!

Alakazam
08-23-2004, 07:09 PM
If you can't find any in stores, you could always get one off of eBay. They're still selling for less than 10 bucks (for the most part) there.

Lego Man
08-23-2004, 07:27 PM
Yes, I'm pretty sure it has, since half of the duel has been shown in the US, and YTV is at least 10-12 eps. ahead of the WB.

YTV isn't that far ahead, the last new episode they had was a clip show that's right after the Yugi/Marik duel, so they're only 2-3 episodes ahead.

Chicko
08-23-2004, 08:45 PM
Yeah, I guess I could try there.

Matt & Vulpix
08-24-2004, 12:29 AM
Pretty cool, Zam. Are they good cards?

Alakazam
08-24-2004, 02:11 AM
They're okay, I guess...not too great, although the Sorcerer of Dark Magic is really good, but you have to sacrifice two level 6 or higher spellcaster to summon it. Should I post a spoiler for the Exclusive Pack?

Shroomish
08-25-2004, 05:37 AM
Heh, the Exclusive packs are really easy to find here. I bought two. ^^

As for my movie card, I got the Blue Eyes Shining Dragon. (The one I was hoping for, being the Seto fan that I am. :P) And I got the Pyramid of Light off of my cousin.

IMO, the movie promos and the Exclusive pack cards suck... I mean, the BESD would be super sweet in an all out dragon deck, but there's hardly any chance of summoning it, since you have to sacrafice a BEUD in order to do so... But I guess you could work around that with Cyber Stein or Magical Scientist, then you would own. :P

Alakazam
08-25-2004, 12:19 PM
BESD is currently UNPLAYABLE. I don't mean "really f-ing hard to summon", but "not able to be used in Duel Monsters". Why? Because there is no english Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon card.

Matthew
08-25-2004, 08:13 PM
I like the Sorceror of Dark Magic Card... even though you gotta tribute two Lv 6 or higher cards, It is still an awesome card due to the fact that you can negate the activation of trap cards and then destroy them! >:P... And Watapon... wtf is up with that thing!? XD...

DragonShane
08-25-2004, 08:52 PM
Yeah, I have no idea what the deal with Watapon is XD...
I mean, it's cute and all, plus it reminds me of those virtual pets from one of the earlier stories in the manga.....But it just seems too weak to do any good, especially considering it can only be Special summoned :/

Chicko
08-26-2004, 12:45 AM
Watapon reminds me of...the...CAPSULE MONSTERS! Yeah! XD

Alakazam
08-26-2004, 11:31 AM
Watapon reminds me of...the...CAPSULE MONSTERS! Yeah! XD

Heh, Capsule Monsters. Now that's an interesting game. Let me guess, you subscribe to Shonen Jump? :rolleyes:

DragonShane
08-26-2004, 03:37 PM
Oh yeah, I can't believe I forgot about the Capsule Monster Chess game XD

Hmm...maybe Watapon would fit better there than in the card game XP

Alakazam
08-26-2004, 04:02 PM
Well, his effect is pretty good, but what are the chances of drawing him out of the draw phase? Not very good, unfortunately. Not unless you run a Watapon deck...hmm, that'd be an odd deck :think:

Scorch Ry
08-27-2004, 08:46 PM
I have a question: Will there be any mystical items with this new series? What is the main plot for it?

Alakazam
08-29-2004, 12:51 PM
Maybe, and I don't know...nothing much is known about the new series as of yet. I'll post new info on it as I come across it.

Shroomish
08-30-2004, 03:57 PM
BESD is currently UNPLAYABLE. I don't mean "really f-ing hard to summon", but "not able to be used in Duel Monsters". Why? Because there is no english Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon card.
Oh, right. ^_^;; Well, I don't play the game IRL anyway, so I wouldn't know. :P It's too expencive for my blood. ($20 for five packs. What the hell? O_o) I just play YVD, GBA games, theorize decks, ect.

Honestly, I don't know how you people afford it, especially with a new set coming out everytime I take a breath. >_> (Not saying that's a bad thing, just expensive.)

But yeah, the TV show rocks. I'm kind of anxious to see what the new series brings as well, but I'd just like to know what happens in like the next few seasons, too. XD What site do you go to for your spoilers, Zam? (Or anyone else that knows a good site.) All I can find is these broken English translated things and I can barely understand them. :rolleyes:

Alakazam
08-30-2004, 04:53 PM
Oh, right. ^_^;; Well, I don't play the game IRL anyway, so I wouldn't know. :P It's too expencive for my blood. ($20 for five packs. What the hell? O_o) I just play YVD, GBA games, theorize decks, ect.

Honestly, I don't know how you people afford it, especially with a new set coming out everytime I take a breath. >_> (Not saying that's a bad thing, just expensive.)

But yeah, the TV show rocks. I'm kind of anxious to see what the new series brings as well, but I'd just like to know what happens in like the next few seasons, too. XD What site do you go to for your spoilers, Zam? (Or anyone else that knows a good site.) All I can find is these broken English translated things and I can barely understand them. :rolleyes:

You've never been to Edo's!? Dear Lord! Here's the URL. He's got spoilers for EVERY card ever printed:

http://www.stormpages.com/edhrzic/Yugioh.htm

Shroomish
08-30-2004, 07:05 PM
You've never been to Edo's!? Dear Lord! Here's the URL. He's got spoilers for EVERY card ever printed:

http://www.stormpages.com/edhrzic/Yugioh.htm
Ah! Cool. Thanks, Zam. ^_^ Nah, never been there. *Sigh* I'm so uninformed. XD

Alakazam
09-13-2004, 02:04 AM
Well, going to Edo's is a great way to start not being "uninformed"...and, BTW: if you also like the YGO anime, I suggest you visit:

http://www.janime.net/

Janime is one of the best YGO animé sites on the net with episode summaries of newer episodes (starting after Battle City) up to episodes that just recently aired in Japan. A MUST SEE!

Shroomish
09-14-2004, 08:23 AM
Well, going to Edo's is a great way to start not being "uninformed"...and, BTW: if you also like the YGO anime, I suggest you visit:

http://www.janime.net/

Janime is one of the best YGO animé sites on the net with episode summaries of newer episodes (starting after Battle City) up to episodes that just recently aired in Japan. A MUST SEE!
Heh, thanks again.
I don't know how you people find all these cool sites...

yamibakuralover
10-11-2004, 06:35 PM
www.janime.net (http://www.janime.net)

has also got information on Yu-Gi-Oh Genex which started the week after series 8 finished in Japan, and about Yu-Gi-Oh R which leads on from Series 8 (only in the manga)

DragonShane
10-14-2004, 03:55 PM
Hey, I just realized today that the release of the uncut YuGiOh dvds are only a few days away o.o!!
That is, if the official date is to be October 18th....
Btw, anyone know how much they're gonna cost? I'm hoping that they aren't bumped up to $30 just because they're decent now :P