PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Gold won't Save

Venusaur456
03-08-2007, 10:04 PM
I have Pokemon Gold, but every time I save it, I wait a little while. Then when I turn on the Game Boy Color, it doesn't remember the game. How can I fix it?

TheMastah
03-08-2007, 10:07 PM
I have Pokemon Gold, but every time I save it, I wait a little while. Then when I turn on the Game Boy Color, it doesn't remember the game. How can I fix it?

buy a new one........seriously

Venusaur456
03-08-2007, 10:09 PM
I just want to know how to get it to save without buying a new one.

TheMastah
03-08-2007, 10:13 PM
I just want to know how to get it to save without buying a new one.

whatever's not letting you save is inside the cartridge.......so sorry but buy a new1 my friend had same problem with red he used to leave the game turned on......

Lil Bro of Doom
03-08-2007, 10:15 PM
if your despret you might find a game person who can fix it

Venusaur456
03-08-2007, 10:17 PM
Oh ok thanks.

TheMastah
03-08-2007, 10:18 PM

either way, you'll have to pay... gold is old anyway just buy a used 1 for cheap save yourself some time......

Venusaur456
03-08-2007, 10:22 PM
either way, you'll have to pay... gold is old anyway just buy a used 1 for cheap save yourself some time......
What would be cheaper?

Lil Bro of Doom
03-08-2007, 10:25 PM
sorry depends on who sells it or who fixes it.
it might not be fixible

Lord Voldemort
03-08-2007, 10:29 PM

Great advice :rolleyes:

It would be best to get it fixed, becuase then you might still have the game data left.

TheMastah
03-08-2007, 10:30 PM
What would be cheaper?

think about it like this.........
you pay some guy like 20-30 bucks who's not a nintedo certified technician to take your cartridge apart screw around with and hope it works and doesn't screw up later.......
or........
you walk, drive, run ...whatever to the nearest game shop buy a used for 10-15 or 20 bucks
or
just buy 1 off the internet[downside you will be waiting 1 or 2weeks]

don't worry about trying to get some data back just replay it, it will be easy depending on how far you got cuz you'll know what to and were to go

hell rider
03-11-2007, 09:44 PM
umm just leave it on.. u using GBA right? or if not, just keep it on and every few hours put in a battery. i bought my silver,yellow,and red for 5 bucks each from my freind. people on ebay might sell for like 5-7.

Jelly
03-12-2007, 03:11 PM
I have the same problem with one of my silver versions...I would just buy a new one...those verisons dont really cost anything.

Bobtroid
03-14-2007, 07:05 AM
ok.. like when you turn it on does it say "this file has been corrupted" ??? if it is then i just found this same problem and i found this of wikipedia:

A common problem found in the second generation of games is a problem with the internal battery after roughly six years. The internal battery is located inside of the cartridge which allows the game to save the user's progress. Many people have reported that their games no longer save due to this problem. It is possible to fix this, but the cartridge must be opened and the battery must be taken out, and a new battery must be soldered in.[2] The battery model is similar to model CR2025, and can be purchased at any electronics store. However, the internal battery has small conductive tabs spot-welded to its exterior, and are difficult to remove from the original battery. The correct battery, complete with tabs and insulator, is part number P223-ND and can be ordered at DigiKey.com, and is cheaper when buying in multiples.

kadeon
03-18-2007, 03:50 AM
i had the same troubles. I got a old pokemon gold from my friend and it didnt save.
i got mad and buried it. when i did take it out i thought now its even more crappier than before. so i gave it to my other friend and he also though it was cheap. so curently its in the dump.

Chris9898
03-18-2007, 02:44 PM
The save battery is dead. Just wait for the DS remakes of these games... what SHOULD come soon.