PDA

View Full Version : NFL Discussion

JoshE
08-10-2004, 02:24 PM
Talk about the NFL right here. The season is going to start soon and I am getting excited!

Go Miami Dolphins.

(Ricky Williams Sucks.)

Shael
08-10-2004, 11:50 PM
Two words:

GO LIONS!!!!!!

please hold you're laughter, people =P

VenusaurTrainer
08-11-2004, 03:15 AM
I picked the Eagles or the Redskins to win it all. But my favorite team is Dallas and Atlanta.

JoshE
08-11-2004, 01:50 PM
Two words:

GO LIONS!!!!!!

please hold you're laughter, people =P

I'm trying to hold my laughter but its getting really hard. :tongue:

The Lions have an alright offense though as long as Joey Harrington can pull it together. He has 2 young recievers in Roy Williams and Charles Rodgers.

Kevin Jones may also prove to be a good back.

PokemonElite2000
08-11-2004, 02:03 PM
Talk about the NFL right here. The season is going to start soon and I am getting excited!

Go Miami Dolphins.

(Ricky Williams Sucks.)
Heh, poor Dolphin fans, but let's not get too caried away here.

Williams retirement was definitely unexpected and it was bad timing. However, the guy has the right to quit for whatever reason he chooses. It's his right in a free country.

Now, I didn't say it was a wise decision to throw away your young football career (that's assuming he won't come back from retirement), espicially when Williams is one of the top running backs in the league. It was bad timing (almost start of season), and that made things much worse. If he made the decision to retire earlier, I think there would be less outrage, since they could have acquired someone like Eddie George who was available to fill the spot.

JoshE
08-11-2004, 02:26 PM
Heh, poor Dolphin fans, but let's not get too caried away here.

Williams retirement was definitely unexpected and it was bad timing. However, the guy has the right to quit for whatever reason he chooses. It's his right in a free country.

Now, I didn't say it was a wise decision to throw away your young football career (that's assuming he won't come back from retirement), espicially when Williams is one of the top running backs in the league. It was bad timing (almost start of season), and that made things much worse. If he made the decision to retire earlier, I think there would be less outrage, since they could have acquired someone like Eddie George who was available to fill the spot.

Yeah thats why he now has the hate of all Dolfans.

He quit though because he did not want to give up Marijuana. He failed his third test and would have missed 4 games due to suspension this year if he stayed. He decided he really did not want to give it up for football. Thtas what I think happend. So who is your team> the 49ers correct? They should have tried to keep Jeff Garcia over T.O. If I was the general manager of the 49ers I would trade do all I could to sign Jeff and not even care about the poison to the team which was T.O. The egakes are not going anywhere because Donovan is going to have to much pressure on him to throw the ball to T.O. The eagles excelled at teamwork. I doubt they will get far in the playoffs.

VenusaurTrainer
08-11-2004, 08:52 PM
I think Ricky Williams will come back like after a year. What quarterback back do you think will start for the Giants? I think it will be Kurt Warner.

JoshE
08-12-2004, 03:38 PM
I think Ricky Williams will come back like after a year. What quarterback back do you think will start for the Giants? I think it will be Kurt Warner.

I think Kurt Warner could have a breakout year. I think Eli Manning will be on the bench like Carson Palmer did last year and wait for his chance.

PokemonElite2000
08-15-2004, 08:27 AM
Yeah thats why he now has the hate of all Dolfans.

He quit though because he did not want to give up Marijuana. He failed his third test and would have missed 4 games due to suspension this year if he stayed. He decided he really did not want to give it up for football. Thtas what I think happend. So who is your team> the 49ers correct? They should have tried to keep Jeff Garcia over T.O. If I was the general manager of the 49ers I would trade do all I could to sign Jeff and not even care about the poison to the team which was T.O. The egakes are not going anywhere because Donovan is going to have to much pressure on him to throw the ball to T.O. The eagles excelled at teamwork. I doubt they will get far in the playoffs.
Well, neither I or you can say for sure what's the true reason (or reasons) for his retirement, only Williams knows that.

As for the 49ers, I'm not necessarily happy over the fact we lost our two best players, but I won't be missing them. Garcia is overrated, he's not a team leader and hasn't performed well in recent seasons. He was amazing in 2000, but got worse and worse each year. I don't know, maybe I'm just use to Joe Montana and Steve Young, but Garcia just doesn't know how to move in the pocket. I liked how Tim Rattay has been playing anyways. And I'm glad TO and his ego is out of my team, he's the Eagles' problem now (sure, it looks happy now, but if they start losing and TO isn't getting enough balls thrown at him, it might be different).

JoshE
08-15-2004, 06:44 PM
Well, neither I or you can say for sure what's the true reason (or reasons) for his retirement, only Williams knows that.

As for the 49ers, I'm not necessarily happy over the fact we lost our two best players, but I won't be missing them. Garcia is overrated, he's not a team leader and hasn't performed well in recent seasons. He was amazing in 2000, but got worse and worse each year. I don't know, maybe I'm just use to Joe Montana and Steve Young, but Garcia just doesn't know how to move in the pocket. I liked how Tim Rattay has been playing anyways. And I'm glad TO and his ego is out of my team, he's the Eagles' problem now (sure, it looks happy now, but if they start losing and TO isn't getting enough balls thrown at him, it might be different).

I guess 49er fans got a little spoiled with 2 hall of fame qb's. lol.

VenusaurTrainer
08-15-2004, 07:35 PM
TO is great, he will help the Eagles out so much.

JoshE
08-16-2004, 12:55 PM
TO is great, he will help the Eagles out so much.

It depends if he starts being selfish again. :tongue: