PDA

View Full Version : Funniest, weirdest, or strangest things that happened in your game

Jewel_the_Eevee
03-11-2007, 12:32 AM
The strangest thing that happened to me in crystal version is catching Entei with a Great Ball the very first time I saw it. And on top of it all it was a SHINY Entei. What are the odds?

hell rider
03-11-2007, 05:18 AM
wtf! nice! did u catch it? what colour btw, blue,red,silver?

Mutty
03-11-2007, 09:16 AM
You were lucky

Jewel_the_Eevee
03-11-2007, 05:57 PM
wtf! nice! did u catch it? what colour btw, blue,red,silver?

I said I caught it on my FIRST try.I found it on crystal but I lost it a month ago(the game).When I found out it was shiny I almost had a heart attack.

Leman
03-11-2007, 06:15 PM
You were lucky

Theres a four word rule, you know.

I got Zapdos in a Pokeball, and beat Lance's Gyarados with a Level 3 Pidgey.

Spectral Cheese
03-11-2007, 07:07 PM
Hmmmm... I totally annihilated Lance's Dragonite by having my lv. 15 Flaaffy use Tackle. :)

hell rider
03-11-2007, 11:30 PM
i totally owned lances dragonite with a lvl 15 ditto :biggrin: i thought to use dragon vs dragon as: *dragon move* its super affected! *dragon move* its super affected!

Jewel_the_Eevee
03-11-2007, 11:37 PM
i totally owned lances dragonite with a lvl 15 ditto :biggrin: i thought to use dragon vs dragon as: *dragon move* its super affected! *dragon move* its super affected!

Dragon types are weak against other dragon types.By any chance was ditto your last pokemon?Oh yea I once beat Lance's last pokemon with a level 6 smoochum.It was my last pokemon left.Only reason I brought it along was to train it.

c0rpsek1lla
03-11-2007, 11:45 PM
I used metronome with my Mew(got it at Toyz r Us), and it usedstruggle!

Neptune
03-11-2007, 11:50 PM
I caught Chansey and Tauros on my first time in the Safari Zone in my yellow version. I was excited because Tauros was the last Pokémon I needed when I was playing blue. X3

Yggdrasill
03-11-2007, 11:50 PM
Catching Ho-oh with a Pokeball while it was at full-health and had no status effects, luckiest thing ever.
I was actually meaning to throw the Master-ball as well but I selected Poke-ball by accident, glad I didn't use it. =P

hell rider
03-12-2007, 01:30 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

ho-oh lvl 70 with a pokeball at full health wow.

Jewel_the_Eevee
03-12-2007, 08:57 PM
Catching Ho-oh with a Pokeball while it was at full-health and had no status effects, luckiest thing ever.
I was actually meaning to throw the Master-ball as well but I selected Poke-ball by accident, glad I didn't use it. =P

That happened to me with Lugia!!! Hey did anyone ever catch or see any shiny pokemon besides garados?? I saw a shiny kingler. It K.O.ed ALL of my pokemon with vicegrip. I didn't get it.:sad:

hell rider
03-13-2007, 03:20 AM
That happened to me with Lugia!!! Hey did anyone ever catch or see any shiny pokemon besides garados?? I saw a shiny kingler. It K.O.ed ALL of my pokemon with vicegrip. I didn't get it.:sad:

ooh... ive only senn red gyrados (caught) shiny butter free (killed by accident :( a blue weedle, and a gold pidgey. (killed :sad: )

Jewel_the_Eevee
03-15-2007, 12:05 AM
ooh... ive only senn red gyrados (caught) shiny butter free (killed by accident :( a blue weedle, and a gold pidgey. (killed :sad: )

You at least seen WAY more than me and I had the game for a VERY long time.

hell rider
03-15-2007, 02:54 AM

well that was when i had a lvl 97 typholosin, i restarted the game.. and omg.. i was doing bug catching contest and a nomral butterfree beet my beedrill!!! :dazed: :dazed: :dazed:

Jelly
03-15-2007, 02:27 PM

I have a gold magicarp....

Get your shiney gyarados and a regular gyarados and breed them at the daycare...it will give u a egg that contains a golden magicarp...just elvole him and you will get another shiney gyarados. :happy:

drykyodre
03-17-2007, 03:42 AM
i sent out a trainer and it knew fireblast and hyper beam (happened because i dropped to game)

hell rider
03-17-2007, 05:59 PM
i sent out a trainer and it knew fireblast and hyper beam (happened because i dropped to game)

umm.. thats weird...

i also caught tauros with a pokeball and a lvl 48 golbat at full hp with a pokeball... (i caught at mt silver :D

kadeon
03-18-2007, 06:12 PM
nothing realy wierd happend to my game except for changing everythings coulor.

Chris9898
03-18-2007, 06:23 PM
Won the bug catching contest with a Medapod.

The Harris
03-18-2007, 06:23 PM
there was a wild Lv 34 prof Oak and i caught him with a oak ball (only ball that appeard?) and then he was caught and after i caught him all the people in the game dissapeard (even nurse joy :eek: ) and then all my pokemon became Lv 1 prof oak

Finchy
03-18-2007, 07:01 PM
Once in Pokémon Red, I caught Moltres with a Pokéball first time on Victory Road. I was over the moon until I lost to Agatha ^^

The Harris
03-18-2007, 07:21 PM
why did i get prof oak?

Finchy
03-18-2007, 07:44 PM
Either your game glitched, or you're lying. The fact that you supposedly caught this Level 34 Oak with an 'Oak Ball', the sprites in the game disappeared and your pokemon got switched suggests the latter.

The Harris
03-18-2007, 07:45 PM
its odd isnt it maybe the game messed up :sad:

drykyodre
03-19-2007, 09:16 PM
my sneasel killed a caterpie and got 2829 exp from it :biggrin:

hell rider
03-20-2007, 01:53 AM
WTH... what lvl was it?

kadeon
03-20-2007, 06:19 PM
i was playing pokemon blue and taught my dito cooltrainer! how. to do it you have to fight a pidgey next to nuget bridge and send out dito. use transform then switch its top move with its bottom or it might be the one below the top with the bottom. then kill the pidgey your dito will know cooltrainer

munchlax2000
03-22-2007, 01:08 PM
well on my silver i chose cyndaquil as my starter and it was GREEN what are the odds of that?1/8872

Ridley
03-22-2007, 01:15 PM
Once I used too many gameshark codes at once, which ruined my Sapphire. It made me ride my bike sideways, couldn't get off, saving took 10 minutes, and, eventually, my sprite turned into the sprite of those really little girls. o_O

I restarted, and everything's fine now.

Jewel_the_Eevee
03-24-2007, 01:09 AM
well on my silver i chose cyndaquil as my starter and it was GREEN what are the odds of that?1/8872

You are so lucky. I love the idea of a green cyndaquil.I LOVE SHINY POKEMON!!!!!!!

Jelly
03-24-2007, 01:21 AM
Once I used too many gameshark codes at once, which ruined my Sapphire. It made me ride my bike sideways, couldn't get off, saving took 10 minutes, and, eventually, my sprite turned into the sprite of those really little girls. o_O

I restarted, and everything's fine now.

That bike thing made me remember mine...

I had a AR that i used to walk through walls and all items you were holding were gone...including my bike! So i went to get a new bike and it says " oh you forgot your bike in the PC, go get it to change bikes."

Finchy
03-24-2007, 12:44 PM
And the girl sprite thing reminded me of my problems. I tried a code to get deoxys, got him, returned to Lilycove and I was the sprite of one of the girls in the red dresses. My legs also didn't work, which gave me the image that I was floating. It freaked me out. Not to mention, Deoxys froze my game several times. Restarting didn't work, and now my game is stuffed permanently ^^!

Jewel_the_Eevee
03-24-2007, 02:56 PM
And the girl sprite thing reminded me of my problems. I tried a code to get deoxys, got him, returned to Lilycove and I was the sprite of one of the girls in the red dresses. My legs also didn't work, which gave me the image that I was floating. It freaked me out. Not to mention, Deoxys froze my game several times. Restarting didn't work, and now my game is stuffed permanently ^^!

I'm sorry to hear that. Maybe you can use a code to fix it? You hava nothing to lose... Right?

Venusaur456
03-25-2007, 03:07 PM
The strangest thing that happened to me in crystal version is catching Entei with a Great Ball the very first time I saw it. And on top of it all it was a SHINY Entei. What are the odds?
I know this isn't very strange but here goes:

I was trying to catch a Pokemon (I don't remember which one) so I threw 2 ultra balls. The Pokemon broke free so I threw a weaker ball, a great ball. That time the Pokemon didn't break out.

MagmarMan
03-25-2007, 04:05 PM
I guess it would have to be when I caught Ho-oh in Silver on my second ultra ball.

Not that weird I know...:oops: :oops:

Edward Elric
03-25-2007, 05:01 PM
I guess it's when I caught Latiose at full health with an ultra ball. Also when I caught Missing No. and it made people walk sideways and killed the battle graphics. Oh yeah, I hatched an iglybuff from the free egg in the day care.

Venusaur456
03-25-2007, 05:42 PM
I guess it's when I caught Latiose at full health with an ultra ball. Also when I caught Missing No. and it made people walk sideways and killed the battle graphics. Oh yeah, I hatched an iglybuff from the free egg in the day care.
Um this is for R/B/Y and G/S/C Latios isn't in either of those games.

Edward Elric
03-25-2007, 06:18 PM
And that's not Sapphire? Read a little more before you start getting on people's cases, please.

Jelly
03-25-2007, 06:30 PM
Its for all games i think, not just R/B/Y/G/S/C

Venusaur456
03-25-2007, 06:57 PM
And that's not Sapphire? Read a little more before you start getting on people's cases, please.
Then tell him what I said to you.

Edward Elric
03-26-2007, 06:37 PM
Huh? Tell him what?

plusle and minun
03-30-2007, 08:05 PM
Both Entei and Raikou caught with pokeballs. I caught one and started walking and the other one popped up. And oh yeah one time while playing ruby i was in the cave thingy going to the elite four and caught a Shiny larion.

yuri-chan the shiznit
04-01-2007, 06:52 PM
Either your game glitched, or you're lying. The fact that you supposedly caught this Level 34 Oak with an 'Oak Ball', the sprites in the game disappeared and your pokemon got switched suggests the latter.

I don't know about the Oak thing but I caught MissingNo. (on my cousin's Red, thankfully) and it killed all of the sprites and made the text sort of explode on the screen. Good times. :biggrin:

Light Manaphy
04-01-2007, 06:56 PM
The only Linoones I ever caught in my sapphire version were both shinies and they're my only ones. I bred them...

and they produced a NON-shiny Zigzagoon. That was weird...

EDIT: YAY! I finally got my avatar working AND I'm an experienced trainer!

Pokemaniac of the USA
04-02-2007, 01:33 AM
Lol the only shiny I ever saw besides the gyarados in the game was a shining blue venonat for the bug contest, I was all like "Screw Scyther I'm gettin this!" and caught it and eveolved it into shiny darker purple (I think darker,maybe lighter) Venomoth.

My friends saw a shiny growlith (Killed) and a shiny nidoran(Boy) Caught it but little brother erased his game. I saw the nidoran a week before the game was erased tho.

Anyway the weirdest stuff for me, 1:hatching a Tyrogue from a machamp/Ditto egg (WTF?!)Seriously I eveolved it into Hitmontop.

2:cloned a Lugia, It came out sounding like Togepi and named gyarados.

and 3:Weirdest, I never used Gameshark codes but in the cave to elite 4 I walked over a wall and then ran into a Magikarp on the wall seriously.

spr bhav
04-02-2007, 07:51 PM
The only Linoones I ever caught in my sapphire version were both shinies and they're my only ones. I bred them...

and they produced a NON-shiny Zigzagoon. That was weird...

EDIT: YAY! I finally got my avatar working AND I'm an experienced trainer!
this is for the old generation like RBYGSC.

My funniest moment was it took me 4 ultra balls to catch a weakened magikarp XD

Ashman
04-03-2007, 05:43 AM

I've had the game since it came out. The only shiny anything is the gyarados.

But once I found out ninetales shiny was silver... omg... I had to have it. Still haven't found it yet.

yuri-chan the shiznit
04-04-2007, 12:16 AM
I don't think I've ever seen a shiny in any of my games, and I've been playing Pokemon for 8 years. :sad:

Jewel_the_Eevee
04-04-2007, 12:33 AM
I've had the game since it came out. The only shiny anything is the gyarados.

But once I found out ninetales shiny was silver... omg... I had to have it. Still haven't found it yet.

you are wrong. I saw a shiny kingler.

Ashman
04-04-2007, 12:36 AM
you are wrong. I saw a shiny kingler.

Ah. sorry. You misinterpreted and I misspoke. What I should have said is "The only thing shiny IVE SEEN is the gyarados." My bad.

shinycelebi
04-09-2007, 09:30 AM
The weirdest thing that ever happened to me was when i encountered the three lengendary dogs one after another AND they were all SHINY.Lugia and Ho-oh were also shiny.I did not use a gameshark or glitch.:cool:

Edward Elric
04-09-2007, 08:22 PM
Did you catch them?
The one and only shiny I have is a shiney Iglybuff. It has a green butt shadow from behind!!

Blood_Flood
04-11-2007, 02:35 AM
ok one time i was using the missingno glitch(if u dont kno it im not explaining it) and i found one it was lvl 146 looked like a rhydon it had 4 atks water gun, water gun, and i forget the others (yes 2 water gunes) and it had like 1hp lol

shinycelebi
04-15-2007, 04:22 AM
Did you catch them?
The one and only shiny I have is a shiney Iglybuff. It has a green butt shadow from behind!!Of course I did!Mind you,I had only 2 ultra balls,didn't want to use my masterball,so I used a fast ball on raikou(actually i got it down to 1 hp using false swipe)!Oh yeah,this was on Route 27.:biggrin: :biggrin: :cool: :cool:

mootixguy
04-21-2007, 02:08 PM
I put some Blutack in my cartridge and stuffed it in my GBA and I switched on the game. Whenever I walked UP (not down) a staircase I would get teleported to my room and have $10000 more. Weird crap. =( I hate it, I can't walk up any staircase..... but I'm really rich now.

spr bhav
04-21-2007, 02:13 PM
I put some Blutack in my cartridge and stuffed it in my GBA and I switched on the game. Whenever I walked UP (not down) a staircase I would get teleported to my room and have $10000 more. Weird crap. =( I hate it, I can't walk up any staircase..... but I'm really rich now.
dude, why did you put bluetack in a game XD

Lugia Of Darkness
05-26-2007, 10:10 PM
theres 2 wierd things that happend to me, the first is that when u start red,or blue you see a different pokemon appear next to ash, i waited and waited looking at all the pokemon appear,rattata,pidgey,bulbasaur,THEN MEWTO? i was thinking WHAT THE HELL? I HAVE NEVER SEEN THAT THING BEFORE !?!?!?!? and the second is when i had a r/b/y guidebook and all i did was read it wheather i knew the words or not,then i got to the elite 4 part and saw my name there at the champions spot then i thought for a second.. i made out the words and said.. Grandma,my names in the book!

Shenmaster777
05-28-2007, 03:27 AM
Ha, my level 18 Shuckle (Shuckie) owned Red's Blastoise with Tackle one time.

I think he grew to level 36.

tai sky
05-28-2007, 04:34 AM
The funniest/ weirdest thing happened to me. (Acctually, it was kinda stupid). My Pokemon were poisoned, so the screen flashed whenever I walked. I thought my Game Boy Color was gonna run out of battery juice, so I kept replacing the batteries EVERYTIME my Pokemon were poisoned! LOL!:crackup:

PKMN Trainer Nella
05-29-2007, 04:12 AM
My gosh Tai, that's hilarious. :) I never had any cool moments, except capturing a shiny Golbat.

Saraibre Ryu
05-29-2007, 04:20 AM
Okay, this was a really stupid moment of mine that happened along time ago on my Saphire game. I had a pokemon, I dont remember what it was and it had a weird status effect that I couldn't heal, so I restarted my game. I found out later that it was Pokerus. How stupid is that?

Gaby
05-29-2007, 05:48 AM
I still remember the first time I got my Pokerus:

Gaby (a.k.a Meh!): *playing Crystal calmly when, after healing pokemon, nurse said something about a virus* OH MY [bleep]ING GOD! MY LUGIA! MY SWEET, SWEET LUGIA! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH IT?!

Rebecca (cousin): Dude calm dow-

Gaby: AYAYAYAYAYAYA NO IT CAN'T BE!! DON'T TELL ME IT'S GONNA DISSAPEAR!!! IT TOOK ME HOURS TO REACH LV 100!! YOU CAN'T TELL ME IT'S DYING!!

Rebecca: Gaby, calm dow-

Gaby: NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO- *gets hit in the head with a notebook*

Rebecca: *drops notebook on the floor* LISTEN TO ME IDIOT! THE POKERUS IS A GOOD THING! IT RAISES YOUR IV'S OR SOMETHING, I DUNNO, IT'S A GOOD THING THOUGH!!

Gaby: ...Oh, thats good! *goes back to playing Crystal calmly, hugging GBC*

And my first shiny (before Gyarados)

Gaby: OH HELL NO, DON'T TELL ME THE SPRITES ARE RUINED NOW!! *looks for the Poke Master (at that time, now I am the Poke Master of the house) Rebecca*

Rebecca: What is it now...?

Gaby: THE SPRITES ARE A DIFFERENT COLOR!! IS THE GAME GLITCHED OR SOMETHING?!

Rebecca: -_-

Gaby: ...What?

Rebecca: *puts hand on Gaby's shoulder* You, my nephew, are one of the luckiest person I know... YOU HAVE A SHINY!!

Gaby: A... wha...?

Rebecca: OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! A SHINY IS EXTREMELY RARE, IT'S LIKE A 1 IN A 8 THOUSAND SOMETHING SOMETHING CHANCE OF SEEING ONE!! YOU ARE SUPER DUPER LUCKY!

Gaby: Oh... YAY *sits down on the floor and continues playing Silver*

I used to be sorta stupid considering Pokemon when I was a little kid... but now, I pwn my cousin when it comes to Poke knowladge!

PKMN Trainer Nella
05-29-2007, 12:23 PM
Gaby, if that happened to me I'd freak, and maybe have a couple panic attacks, too. Oh yeah, I remember something funny! You see, I was trying to evolve my Jigglypuff (forgot where I got it) into Wigglytuff. So I brought it to some cave to train it -.- It was like level 50-80 till I realized I needed a moonstone.

Gaby
05-29-2007, 07:05 PM
XD That happened to me once with a Clefairy, I trained to Lv 100 and STILL no Evo. I was like, "What the [bleep]?! WHY WONT IT EVOLVE?!" After calming down, I went to evolve my Nidorino with a Moon Stone and glanced at Clefairy.

It said "Able"

I almost threw my GBC through the window XD

PKMN Trainer Nella
05-29-2007, 09:07 PM
That'd be scary.

You: WHAT THE BLEEP! EVOLVE! *throws out window*
Random dude: Ow!
You: *unimaginable anger*

At least you a pokemon who was good a pwning the elite 4... like my jigglypuff XD

Daphne
05-30-2007, 10:50 AM
Probably not a big deal but i got the PokeRUS

Blaziken91
05-31-2007, 08:59 PM
when i saved my game next to a tree i was standing on top of it! then i went to get my book, back when VERSUS BOOKS were popular; to me anyway; and they said it would sometimes so i guess it was no big deal but it was funny.:crackup:

NovaDemon
05-31-2007, 09:13 PM
You know, I was playing my Ruby, and after I beat this one girl she goes "KTHX, BYE." It freaked me out.:oops:

Blaziken91
06-01-2007, 03:12 AM
dude that's very strange and HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!! i'm laughing crazyily right now!!!!!!:crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

On The Edge
06-01-2007, 03:49 AM
I also chuckled XD

Chaos Rush
06-02-2007, 01:36 AM
Remember when you catch the Red Gyarados, you get the Red Scale? Well today I was fishing in Fuschia City (Gold) and I was using my Super Rod. A SHINY Gyarados appeared. I caught it, and then right after I caught it, I got a Red Scale. Again.

Looks like the game is programmed that if you encounter a shiny Gyarados, you'll obtain a Red Scale.

Also I remember, once on my Blue Version, I caught 'M. Then I taught it Fly. Next I evolved it into a Lv81 Kangaskhan. Then I tried to trade it to my Gold, and I looked at its stats on Gold. IT WAS A SHINY!!!! I swear, it was a grey-ish color. I traded it to Gold, and now I'm all, "OMG I LIEK HAVE A KANGASKHAN THATS SHINY, KNOWS WATER GUN, WATER GUN, SKY ATTACK, AND FLY!!!!!!!!!!".

No1Inparticular
06-02-2007, 01:58 AM
Well, I Was Playing Silver, I Left My Lvl 6 Caterpie At Daycare Then Forgot About It And After The Elite 4 I Went To Put A Pokémon In Daycare, And My Caterpie Was Lvl 48

JentleViolence
06-02-2007, 05:09 AM
I remember when I was surfing in the water a lonnng time ago, and a Shiny Tentacruel appeared. Back then, I was still young and I didn't know what shinys were, so I beat it. Whoo...:crackup:

Linoone
06-02-2007, 05:28 AM
when they said noob on diamond