PDA

View Full Version : An awesome surprise in Crystal (or not).

Sceptile
03-11-2007, 06:00 AM
OK, so I decided to buy a Pokemon Crystal today. I never had any luck with Silver ad Gold, (deleted games, game wouldn't save, etc.) so I went to Game Stop to give Crystal a shot. Guess what? My game was used, but had incredible Pokemon. There is only one thing that bugs me (you'll just say ignore it, but I can't): I'm a girl named Amanda. I just can't help but hate it! Call me weird, but it's kinda annoying. So, should I start a new game? :(

P.S. The whole games beaten....12 badges....beaten Pokemon League....nearly completed Pokedex....

Bloody TC
03-11-2007, 06:26 AM
I really couldn't care less about my name if i had an almost completed pokedex and awesome pokemon.Also the game isn't completed until you get 16 badges.Also what are the awesome pokemon?

Shiny Loser
03-11-2007, 06:30 AM
i really wouldn't care about what i'm named. Also, list the awesome pokemon and any shinies.

Ali the Dark One
03-11-2007, 06:46 AM
In my Yellow, Silver, and Ruby versions, I always used to give my characters different names because I thought that it would be cool to play as a character whose name and looks had absolutely nothing in common with me!

Hypocrisy is Fun
03-11-2007, 06:46 AM
It doesn't sound that bad. :neutral: Keep the game.

Mutty
03-11-2007, 09:13 AM
I also play Crystal and I have save it .

Blue_Dragon_Mew
03-11-2007, 02:14 PM
OK, so I decided to buy a Pokemon Crystal today. I never had any luck with Silver ad Gold, (deleted games, game wouldn't save, etc.) so I went to Game Stop to give Crystal a shot. Guess what? My game was used, but had incredible Pokemon. There is only one thing that bugs me (you'll just say ignore it, but I can't): I'm a girl named Amanda. I just can't help but hate it! Call me weird, but it's kinda annoying. So, should I start a new game? :(

P.S. The whole games beaten....12 badges....beaten Pokemon League....nearly completed Pokedex....

If you hate the name, get another silver, gold, or crystal, trade them all in there, restart the crystal, and trade them back... quicker if you just keep it though. And that "Amanda" is a very good player.

Sceptile
03-11-2007, 03:20 PM
i really wouldn't care about what i'm named. Also, list the awesome pokemon and any shinies.

Well, the Pokemon aren't really that awesome but they are pretty good.

Machamp@ Lv100

Thunderpunch
Strength
Rock Smash (I'm going to get rid of this)
Dig

Feralgatr@ Lv62

Hydro Pump
Surf
Ice Punch
Cut

Lugia@ Lv72

Surf
Fly
Recover
Hydro Pump

Suicune@ Lv45

Aurora Beam
Bubblebeam
Rain Dance
Gust

Gyarados@ Lv36 shiny

Twister
Bite
Dragon Rage
Whirpool

Golem@ Lv34

Magnitude
Selfdestruct
Harden
Rollout

OK, maybe I stretched the truth a little, sorry (or did I?). But the movesets can be fixed, and with a little training, this team will be pretty good, or at least I think.

P.S. Is there a move deleter/tutor in Kanto? If so, do you know where? Just to get rid of some moves like Rock Smash and Surf and other stuff.

hell rider
03-11-2007, 03:57 PM
i dont have crystal but you could trade them to your silver, go to blackthorn, delete some, start new game on crystal, give them all back.

kadeon
03-20-2007, 06:45 PM
no way dont start a new game:cool:

defreddy
03-20-2007, 06:50 PM
Isn't there a move deleter in blackthorne in crystal?

munchlax2000
03-22-2007, 01:12 PM
i wouldnt care just try to ignore it

Iridium
03-22-2007, 01:15 PM
Yeah, ignore it, it doesn't matter much and yes there is a move deleter in Blackthorn

DarkMudkip
03-23-2007, 03:59 AM
no way dont start a new game:cool:

Kadelin do you only read the first post anyway he should find someone trade the good pokemon onto restart trade them back problem solved

MagmarMan
03-24-2007, 01:39 AM
The only problem with that would be that the strong pokemon wouldn't listen to him for a long time. But I guess that its the only way if he doesn't want to be a girl (I personally would just keep the game the way it is):crackup:

Ryouko
03-25-2007, 12:37 AM
I think u should just restart. I would never use someone elses already betten game.

I would just start my own and see if im good enough to get that good on my own.

LilCharZ
03-25-2007, 12:41 AM
It's kinda cheating, and if you cheat, you sometimes have to make a sacrifice (Amanda's name). It's not TOTALLY cheating, but you're stealing someone else's hard work.

spartan117
03-25-2007, 12:54 AM
It's kinda cheating, and if you cheat, you sometimes have to make a sacrifice (Amanda's name). It's not TOTALLY cheating, but you're stealing someone else's hard work.
To me it gets boring playing someone elses profiles especially if they beat the game. They beat it so theres nothing else to do but walk around so I usually just restart and try to beat it by myself.

MagmarMan
03-25-2007, 01:08 AM
Looking at everyones answers I think that I've changed my mind (I can do that...right:susp: )

I would probably just re-start the game and train myself (I actually did this once. I bought a used yellow version & when I started it I went to the "continue" menu just to see what the former owner had going for them. It turned out that they had a lv. 97 Sandslash, lv. 93 Moltres, and four or five other pokemon in the 90's. I re-set the game and regretted it almost immediately but later didn't care:oops: ).

spartan117
03-25-2007, 01:10 AM
Looking at everyones answers I think that I've changed my mind (I can do that...right:susp: )

I would probably just re-start the game and train myself (I actually did this once. I bought a used yellow version & when I started it I went to the "continue" menu just to see what the former owner had going for them. It turned out that they had a lv. 97 Sandslash, lv. 93 Moltres, and four or five other pokemon in the 90's. I re-set the game and regretted it almost immediately but later didn't care:oops: ).
Ya well at first you regret it but then when you get like the firsts or second badge your okay afterwards.

DaRKrai_10
03-25-2007, 01:25 AM
I thought crystal was actually pretty good
i don know but i accually kinda like the old games

alice_the_dratini
03-25-2007, 07:50 AM

That's the same thing that happened to me when I first got Crystal. The save file had Celebi, but the player was a boy called Cal so I deleted it. I'm sure he just used a cheat device to get celebi.

Venusaur456
03-25-2007, 02:24 PM
Well, the Pokemon aren't really that awesome but they are pretty good.

Machamp@ Lv100

Thunderpunch
Strength
Rock Smash (I'm going to get rid of this)
Dig

Feralgatr@ Lv62

Hydro Pump
Surf
Ice Punch
Cut

Lugia@ Lv72

Surf
Fly
Recover
Hydro Pump

Suicune@ Lv45

Aurora Beam
Bubblebeam
Rain Dance
Gust

Gyarados@ Lv36 shiny

Twister
Bite
Dragon Rage
Whirpool

Golem@ Lv34

Magnitude
Selfdestruct
Harden
Rollout

OK, maybe I stretched the truth a little, sorry (or did I?). But the movesets can be fixed, and with a little training, this team will be pretty good, or at least I think.

P.S. Is there a move deleter/tutor in Kanto? If so, do you know where? Just to get rid of some moves like Rock Smash and Surf and other stuff.
When I play I don't care what the name is it's just a name. Just keep the game don't delete it those Pokemon sound cool.

hell rider
03-25-2007, 02:37 PM
ouch. i know how you feel now. but dont delete it... see i jsut got my mew, pidgeot, fearow, starmie, and snorlax to lvl 100, and i JUST noticed it was named SRIKE not SPIKE lmao.

but i qould never give up my mew. (ps its in red)