PDA

View Full Version : G/S/C remake?

Deathlunar
03-11-2007, 09:22 AM
Do you think a remake of the Johto series, Gold, Silver and Crystal should be made? If not, why?

Though it would be unnecassery for comepleting Pokedex, it still would be very very profitable for them and fun for us. This is the question: why not?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course they have a reason not to do it: it takes a lot of effort. FR/LG was only made so that you can get a complete Pokedex in the R/S/E era. As NP mentioned, they've gone ahead with D/P now and that really indicates that they won't do a G/S/C remake.

Effort means money. Money is a part of happiness. Happiness is what most people want to their lives. A remake would not only bring money for them, but extreme happiness for us.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If we say only this, lol
Remake GSC = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Remake GSC > Remake RBY (means that the remake of GSC, would sale more than FR and LG) :cool:
We must start signing a petion :happy:

Maybe we should suggest (Eh, I was listening to System of a Down's "Suggestions" when I wrote this.) Serebii or other Pokemon site to start a petition. Is that a good idea?

Oh, I found this from Serebii (http://www.serebii.net) news 16.3.2007.

"New game coming soon?

In the most recent issue, CoroCoro stated that next month, in its issue relase April 14th, there will be a revelation of a new Pokemon game. What this game will be is not known. Could be a pinball game, a puzzle game or at a stretch, the G/S/C remake many of you wish to see. We will bring you more information as it comes."

Lil Booo
03-11-2007, 10:12 AM
absolutely they done it to red and green so why not g/s/c

Stardy
03-11-2007, 10:41 AM
Do you think a remake of the Johto series, Gold, Silver and Crystal should be made? If not, why?

Though it would be unnecassery for comepleting Pokedex, it still would be very very profitable for them and fun for us. This is the question: why not?
The GSC series is the best ever,
YES!

Loyal Arcanine
03-11-2007, 04:02 PM
I would like it, but I doubt they'd make one.

Leman
03-11-2007, 04:04 PM
Absolutly!!!! That, and a Yellow remake would be great.

Neo Emolga
03-11-2007, 04:10 PM
Absolutly!!!! That, and a Yellow remake would be great.

When Fire Red and Leaf Green came out, I was always hoping for Thunder Yellow , but it never happened.

A G/S/C remake would be nice, but like Mike said, its doubtful, especially considering Pearl and Diamond are on their way toward being released.

Pooka
03-11-2007, 05:32 PM
When Fire Red and Leaf Green came out, I was always hoping for Thunder Yellow , but it never happened.

A G/S/C remake would be nice, but like Mike said, its doubtful, especially considering Pearl and Diamond are on their way toward being released.

You never know they could do exactly the same as they did last time and bring out the remakes after D/P and before the inevitable remake of the same games.

I'd love to see them made!!! Crystal was by far the best game and Johto is my fav. region so I'm all in favour!!!:wink:

Clutch
03-11-2007, 05:39 PM
Yeah, I'd love to see a remake. If they do make one, it'll be next year.

Hoshika
03-11-2007, 06:29 PM
I really hope they make that remake. A remake of Yellow follows it closely in the rankings in my mind. =|

I miss my Pikachu walking around behind me and I could talk to it and it would zap me... ._.

Deathlunar
03-11-2007, 08:18 PM
I would like it, but I doubt they'd make one.

The same question: why WOULDN'T they do it? A remake would be only positive for everyone. And they've got not reason to not do it.

P.S. I know this has been done before, but I'd like to contact the Pokemon game team and ask them to make G/S/C remake.

Loyal Arcanine
03-11-2007, 08:36 PM
The same question: why WOULDN'T they do it? A remake would be only positive for everyone. And they've got not reason to not do it.

P.S. I know this has been done before, but I'd like to contact the Pokemon game team and ask them to make G/S/C remake.
Of course they have a reason not to do it: it takes a lot of effort. FR/LG was only made so that you can get a complete Pokedex in the R/S/E era. As NP mentioned, they've gone ahead with D/P now and that really indicates that they won't do a G/S/C remake.

Gamedude
03-11-2007, 10:13 PM
LOL, i still play pokemon gold and my brother still plays sliver. Shhhhhhh no one knows that my brother who is 16 turning 17 plays pokemon

Elmo's Heaven!!
03-11-2007, 10:16 PM
Why wouldn't they??

Horus
03-11-2007, 10:45 PM
They should make a remake. I'm sure it'd sell good.

~Horus

Dynamik
03-11-2007, 10:49 PM
I would really love a re-make.
Also, adding stuff as they did in FR/LG would make it even more awesome. :wink:

Makura
03-11-2007, 11:08 PM
Yes, a G/S/C remake would be nice, but I doubt that they will make one. Also, I think they should create a game where it combines all of the regions (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Orange, and Orre maybe, as well as the Sevii Islands.), since I think that would be enough entertainment for one person, though I think that would be a little to much... xD

Shozuka
03-11-2007, 11:25 PM
@Makura- They can do that, but then you'll have to wait like 2-3 years plus the usual wait for it.

If they would make a re-make of G/S/C, it'l probably come out next year or the year after with Pokemon ????.

Professor Geoffrey
03-11-2007, 11:27 PM
They should make a remake. I'm sure it'd sell good.

~Horus

True, very true. I'd get a remake of G/S/C over D/P, that's for sure. I'm not crazy, I just have extreme loyalty to my favorite region.

Not meaning to go off-topic, but speaking of remakes, Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories have websites saying it should come to America late 2007.

c0rpsek1lla
03-11-2007, 11:37 PM
If they do it, what will be in the place where that building will be in Lt. Surge's town?

Alonso
03-11-2007, 11:39 PM
Hell YEAH. It'd be the best game in the world. When they made G/S back in the 2000, it was the best handheld RPG ever. They made so many advances!

Kayla
03-12-2007, 12:26 AM
YES!!! The series was awesome, it would be perfect if it had good graphics.

Kuriboh
03-12-2007, 04:01 AM
I put I'm not sure because I also wish there could be a yellow remake I mean that would be awsome!!!

STORMTROOPER X
03-12-2007, 03:11 PM
Maybe latter. Its too soon yet.

Tidus24
03-13-2007, 11:35 PM
Would be great. But since you can obtain all pokemon without a G/S/C remake, but they can make it only by profit reason. They would gain a lot of money and the fans would be happy :biggrin: . Johto is my favorite region too :cool: . The new possible changes, instead of the old berries (Poison berry, berry, etc) we can catch the new ones, the pokegear for the pokétch, pokemon super contests, we can catch the other regions legendaries and some other regions pokemon, double battles, true double battles, wild double battles, the new TM/HM and battle changes (physical / special / other), the return of headbutt trees and the possibility of having the new evos and pre-evos (Glion, Weavile, Hapinny, Jibacoil, Leafia, Glacia, Beruberuto, Mojanbo, Etebossu, etc). That would be cool :cool: And instead of 3 games, could be only 2 games like Fire Red and Leaf Green, the names could be Silver Moon and Gold Sun.

Professor Geoffrey
03-13-2007, 11:49 PM
Would be great. But since you can obtain all pokemon without a G/S/C remake, but they can make it only by profit reason. They would gain a lot of money and the fans would be happy :biggrin: . Johto is my favorite region too :cool: . The new possibles changes, instead of the old berries (Poison berry, berry, etc) we can catch the new ones, the pokegear for the pokétch, pokemon super contests, we can catch the other regions legendaries and some other regions pokemon, double battles, true double battles, wild double battles, the new TM/HM and battle changes (physical / special / other), the return of headbutt trees and the possibility of having the new evos and pre-evos (Glion, Weavile, Hapinny, Jibacoil, Leafia, Glacia, Beruberuto, Mojanbo, Etebossu, etc). That would be cool :cool: And instead of 3 games, could be only 2 games like Fire Red and Leaf Green, the names could be Silver Moon and Gold Sun.

Put a lot into those titles, have we? Well, I'd just say CloudSilver and SunsetGold. D/P Pokemon in these games wouldn't be a bad idea, but of course, they'd have to have Kanto in it, as they did in G/S/C, and one more region. Who knows? Maybe Sinnoh, maybe Hoenn, maybe the Orange Islands, or maybe even the Sevii Islands. Or Holon(made in in TCG by Pokemon USA), or Orre (ugh), or even Fiore. And, I regret saying this, the Battle Frontier.

Shadow From The Deep
03-14-2007, 12:05 AM
IU think they should but they won't. D/P is just to big for them to make another one.

Tidus24
03-14-2007, 12:14 AM
Put a lot into those titles, have we? Well, I'd just say CloudSilver and SunsetGold. D/P Pokemon in these games wouldn't be a bad idea, but of course, they'd have to have Kanto in it, as they did in G/S/C, and one more region. Who knows? Maybe Sinnoh, maybe Hoenn, maybe the Orange Islands, or maybe even the Sevii Islands. Or Holon(made in in TCG by Pokemon USA), or Orre (ugh), or even Fiore. And, I regret saying this, the Battle Frontier.

Firered and Leafgreen were easy to make too. SilverMoon and GoldSun reminds me of the day/night system, popular in the g/s/c games.

Deathlunar
03-14-2007, 01:22 PM
Would be great. But since you can obtain all pokemon without a G/S/C remake, but they can make it only by profit reason. They would gain a lot of money and the fans would be happy :biggrin: . Johto is my favorite region too :cool: . The new possibles changes, instead of the old berries (Poison berry, berry, etc) we can catch the new ones, the pokegear for the pokétch, pokemon super contests, we can catch the other regions legendaries and some other regions pokemon, double battles, true double battles, wild double battles, the new TM/HM and battle changes (physical / special / other), the return of headbutt trees and the possibility of having the new evos and pre-evos (Glion, Weavile, Hapinny, Jibacoil, Leafia, Glacia, Beruberuto, Mojanbo, Etebossu, etc). That would be cool :cool: And instead of 3 games, could be only 2 games like Fire Red and Leaf Green, the names could be Silver Moon and Gold Sun.

You know, I love all that. Thank you. I agree with you.

Toph
03-14-2007, 02:26 PM
Haha. Who needs a remake? not me:biggrin:

Tidus24
03-14-2007, 03:28 PM
Haha. Who needs a remake? not me:biggrin:

:eh: How old are u????

Iridium
03-14-2007, 03:34 PM
I'd love to see a GSC remake. Johto's my favourite region and will always remain my favourite.

Rohypnol
03-14-2007, 03:48 PM
Sure. A remake would be awesome. But I doubt they'll make a remake. :/

Tidus24
03-14-2007, 03:58 PM
Sure. A remake would be awesome. But I doubt they'll make a remake. :/

We all can make them change that idea, by talking to their hearts.
Their hearts = €€€€$$$$$$$$

Deathlunar
03-15-2007, 02:23 PM
Haha. Yup, we could talking our way to their hearts. Actually, their hearts only lust €€€£££$$$.

Tidus24
03-15-2007, 03:17 PM
If we say only this, lol
Remake GSC = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Remake GSC > Remake RBY (means that the remake of GSC, would sale more than FR and LG) :cool:

Neptune
03-15-2007, 03:40 PM
I'd love that--Johto is my favorite region.

Deathlunar
03-16-2007, 02:58 PM
If we say only this, lol

Maybe we should suggest (Eh, I'm listening to System of a Down's "Suggestions" at the moment.) Serebii or other Pokemon site to start a petition. Is that a good idea?

LordZangoose
03-16-2007, 03:01 PM
I think the Johto games were their best works, but due to the upcoming release of D/P, I don't think they'd do one for a while. What would be cool however is a combination of the six regions we have thus far put into one game. You could travel across all of the regions.

Deathlunar
03-17-2007, 09:35 AM
I think the Johto games were their best works, but due to the upcoming release of D/P, I don't think they'd do one for a while. What would be cool however is a combination of the six regions we have thus far put into one game. You could travel across all of the regions.

That would be very nice. And I agree that G/S/C was their best work. That's why they should be made into a remake.
And though it wouldn't be made in a long time, why can't it be made still?

Oh, I found this from Serebii (http://www.serebii.net) news 16.3.2007.

"New game coming soon?

In the most recent issue, CoroCoro stated that next month, in its issue relase April 14th, there will be a revelation of a new Pokemon game. What this game will be is not known. Could be a pinball game, a puzzle game or at a stretch, the G/S/C remake many of you wish to see. We will bring you more information as it comes."

Tory vs Meaty II
03-17-2007, 02:34 PM
Yes, they need to remake one, they might will next year.:wink:

creamber
03-17-2007, 02:37 PM
I think they should make a remake because that game sereis was just awesome and for us who have a nentindo Ds it just sucks!!!

Legendary Wolf
03-17-2007, 02:42 PM
G/S/C was awsome they need a remake for it that would be teh right thing to do and without G/S/C alot of fabulous mon wouldnt be here

Tory vs Meaty II
03-17-2007, 02:45 PM
G/S/C was awsome they need a remake for it that would be teh right thing to do and without G/S/C alot of fabulous mon wouldnt be here

Hmm..., some how, when Cystal Version was out.(a little too late). Ruby & Sapphire came out to quick.

I hope the new G/S remake will not be for the Game Boy Advance.

Xtra
03-17-2007, 03:02 PM
Abusutely. That game to me was better that Saphirre and Ruby! Not Emerald, Emerald is cool

sonickid01
03-18-2007, 01:34 AM
Well, it couldn't hurt, but as the games go on, when we're up to our "Gameboy QQS Xpower" system, we're going to have to remake Firered. Then Sapphire. The the GSC remake. Then D/P. Then-

Plus, it's not going to really change much. I really don't mind though.

Shozuka
03-18-2007, 01:40 AM
Hmm..., some how, when Crystal Version was out.(a little too late). Ruby & Sapphire came out to quick.

I hope the new G/S/C remake will not be for the Game Boy Advance.

Hell no. The game that CoroCoro mentioned may be the remake.

Ace Strife
03-18-2007, 01:45 AM
There really should be a g/s/c remake. I mean, on Crystal, you could do many things that other games won't let you do. I'll protest if they don't make one.

Groudon_fan
03-18-2007, 01:51 AM
DO IT!!!!! It's cuz' I love Jhoto.

Soda
03-18-2007, 05:50 AM
Absolutley I've never even played the game I'm foggy in Johto I have only seen a few episodes from I've seen all Kanto and Hoenn obes though,plus I'v played all the games(a few exceptions)except the Johto ones:oops: I can name every Gym Leader and Frontier Brain but not the Johto ones...
It sounds like fun though I mean going to Kanto that's awsome!

Fire Pkmn Master
03-18-2007, 05:56 AM
You never played it. O__O Wow you know what you missed out on.
The game was really fun. I dont have fun playing it now because I get bored of it and Hope that they make a GS remake so we can go back to Kanto, have some new battles or something. I want a whole bunch of new stuff. Change the day and night like D/P.
Im hopeing that the daycare is much better than just having water and being able to see the pokemon you have in there and have them moving around instead of staying in one spot and moving.
Maybe have some Super Contests or something in some areas or have some new areas to go to like in Fr/Lg.

Soda
03-18-2007, 06:00 AM
They need to make D/P where you can go to Kanto then Johto andHoenn after you beat the game that'd be awsome!

Fire Pkmn Master
03-18-2007, 06:04 AM
Now hopefully some day the will make a game where we go through all the regions, get the badges and try to become a Pokemon Master or something.

x-Mizu-Tama-x
03-18-2007, 06:27 PM
Well that would be a dream. With all this talk about G/S/C and the new game that CoroCoro mentioned, it makes me regret the day that I gave me cousin my Silver version. I miss it so much. I bet that about 75-90% of people do want a G/S/C remake. Edit: I was right! I forgot that there was a poll here!

Fire Pkmn Master
03-18-2007, 06:30 PM
I know. Johto was one of the best Regions. Thats when everything really started to get interesting.
I especially want a remake because of the grahics.

Lil Booo
03-18-2007, 06:31 PM
I wouldnt mind a game like that.
Although in what time would that happen?
Hopefully not the time that most of us lose interest in pokemon.
(It will take 50 hours at least in game time to complete it)

Hanako Tabris
03-18-2007, 06:52 PM
In one way, I would like to see a remake. It would bring me back to that time when the Pokemon games were all that I played. I have many happy memories of raising my Johto Pokemon on my Silver version. Johto is one of my favorite regions.

But aside from the nostalgic value, there is no real reason for Nintendo to make a remake. All the Pokemon are available in other games. :/ Nintendo seems to think that that is all that Pokemon fans have on their minds. Hey, what about us older fans that want to head back to the G/S/C age?

I like SunGold and MoonSilver for the names. It fits in more, because of both the title screens (Ho-Oh in the sunlight and Lugia in the moonlight) and the song OK!

BrassIttoTower
03-18-2007, 07:49 PM
In one way, I would like to see a remake. It would bring me back to that time when the Pokemon games were all that I played. I have many happy memories of raising my Johto Pokemon on my Silver version. Johto is one of my favorite regions.

But aside from the nostalgic value, there is no real reason for Nintendo to make a remake. All the Pokemon are available in other games. :/ Nintendo seems to think that that is all that Pokemon fans have on their minds. Hey, what about us older fans that want to head back to the G/S/C age?

I like SunGold and MoonSilver for the names. It fits in more, because of both the title screens (Ho-Oh in the sunlight and Lugia in the moonlight) and the song OK!

Lugia's not flying. Hes swimming underwater. And OK was anime only. >.> Why would they bring back an out dated ting like that?

A G/S/C remake is a risk. Nintendo already has every other pokemon avaliable, so they don't want to have to take that risk.

Deathspector(on first page): Online petitions are always disregarded. Just look at the voice acting scenario.

Deathlunar
03-19-2007, 03:48 PM
Well well, 44 votes for "Absolutely!", 5 for "I guess so.", 6 for "I'm not sure." and one for..."Haha. Who needs a remake?".

Hmm, that's true. They seem to think that we only care about geting all the Pokemon. And I like SunGold and MoonSilver too.

Fire Pkmn Master
03-19-2007, 07:36 PM
Golden Sky and Silver Sea is way better names. XD But you never know. It could be anything.

htm14
03-19-2007, 07:57 PM
No offense, but no. The thing is, despite FireRed and LeafGreen being so great and all, it would seem kinda lame. Now what would be cool is if there were a game with all the other mini islands, like the Orange Islands.

Fire Pkmn Master
03-19-2007, 08:00 PM
No offense, but no. THe thing is, despite FireRed and LeafGreen being so great and all, it would seem kinda lame. Now what would be cook is if there were a game with all the other mini islands, like the Orange Islands.

The would never make an Orange Islands game. Are you crazy. Theres no point even if it is a mini game. They might as well add the orange islands to a GS remake maybe instead of going back to Kanto.

Saremu
03-19-2007, 10:43 PM
Those were the best games by far! And Johto comes with Totodile.

Ultima Boss
03-20-2007, 12:01 AM
At the moment, a GSC remake would fail due to the release of Diamond and Pearl. However, when Diamond and Pearl have been played for awhile and consumers are adjusted, then I would think a remake would be a wise investment. After all, GSC was my favorite generation, since you could play in more than one region, and I loved the feel to the game(s).

Fire Pkmn Master
03-20-2007, 12:11 AM
No one said it was going to come out after a few months. There just going to plan out this new game.

MysticAura
03-20-2007, 12:47 PM
I wish it will be a G/S/C remake; Johto is awesome.

Bad Boyz
08-24-2007, 08:41 PM
I think we should allthough people have made a remake as a hack of pokemon fire red
check on youtube its called pokemon shiny gold! :crackup:

Wingull
08-24-2007, 08:42 PM
I think we should allthough people have made a remake as a hack of pokemon fire red
check on youtube its called pokemon shiny gold! :crackup:

Please don't revive dead threads, this one is 5 months old.

Every Villian Is Lemons
08-24-2007, 09:56 PM
Heck yeah. Only on the ds or a new system.

TeirusuFX
08-24-2007, 09:59 PM
Prinny = Ends with -su!

A mod better delete this thread soon...

Scrabbit = Ends with -ki!

DarkLugiaMaster Gir
08-24-2007, 10:03 PM
All people of the thread i am sorry to say this but...Pokemon has said they are not doing this.Go to the fan mail section of their offical site and it said they won't because all Jhoto pokemon have been maid avalible,and i only got to the 4th gym before i lost my game to...:ermm:

Flan
08-24-2007, 10:44 PM
LOLOLOLOL yes.
We absolutely need one. D:<
Even if Nintendo says they're not going to make it. -looks at above post-
Edit: -censor-! Old thread! >.>
Shoot me plzkthnx. >.>

Nitro
08-24-2007, 10:44 PM
They should make one, even though they aren't going to. That wasn't supposed to make a lot of sense, yet it makes sense to me. Heck, I'd better stop talking in riddles! :wink: The point is, i think they should make one. Maybe they will change their minds.

Sasuke94
08-24-2007, 10:51 PM
If they do, make the oarnge islands in them!That could make more pokemon that weren't seen!

MagmarMan
08-25-2007, 04:55 PM
I guess so. I would really like a remake but at the same time I don't want to mess with G/S/C. I mean, I like R/B/Y more then I like FR/LG.