PDA

View Full Version : Username

Wario
03-11-2007, 12:23 PM
So, why did you get your username? Was is because of a TV show, an inside joke, or something else?

I'll put mine in the next post since I want to link to it from my sig.

umbreonandespeon
03-11-2007, 12:29 PM
i chose mine cos i liked them and i thought i could make a good siggy and avy combo,but i've realised the names a bit noobish..

Wario
03-11-2007, 12:34 PM
Gamabunta was first featured in Episode 1, the Fourth Hokage riding on his back.
Gamabunta (translating to King Toad), is the chief of all toads in the world, and is a personal summon of Naruto, Jiraiya, and the Fourth Hokage. Gamabunta can perform a combination transformation Jutsu with Naruto in order to transform into anything, including the 9-tailed Fox.

Gamabunta has many sons, including Gamakichi and Gamatatsu. He is a master of most water-style Jutsu, and can hold his own against a tailed demon. He is the second strongest of the three summons of the Sannin, only weaker than Manda.

Xalapeno
03-11-2007, 12:46 PM
Mine is from my Mystery Dungeon Team name. -_-
I feel like changing it but I can't think of a name so I'll just keep it for now.

Snow Fairy Sugar
03-11-2007, 02:31 PM
May=Shortened version of my real name.

Norman=A random last name I threw in, because the username "May" was already taken. :s

Lord Voldemort
03-11-2007, 02:44 PM
May=Shortened version of my real name.

Norman=A random last name I threw in, because the username "May" was already taken. :s

Thats a weird coincidence.

I chose mine beauce I like Harry Potter.

When I was mew159, I just picked randomly.

Callum
03-11-2007, 02:53 PM
I chose Callum because it's my name. Before I was Hoenn Callum, but I liked Hoenn back then. I hate Hoenn now, ;].

Pokeboy sarab
03-11-2007, 03:09 PM
I chose Callum because it's my name. Before I was Hoenn Callum, but I liked Hoenn back then. I hate Hoenn now, ;].
Well I just typed it out first in sppf....for no reason and put it here too

Legendary Wolf
03-11-2007, 03:18 PM
My first name pokeboy885 was random and my name now SapphireLapras was an upsession with Lapras which is over and Ryan is letting me change my name again when I think of a good one :D XP

Pokeboy sarab
03-11-2007, 03:24 PM
My first name pokeboy885 was random and my name now SapphireLapras was an upsession with Lapras which is over and Ryan is letting me change my name again when I think of a good one :D XP
How about puppy lover?? :wink:

Legendary Wolf
03-11-2007, 03:26 PM
How about puppy lover?? :wink:

Oh thats very funny >_< maybe Dark Rider

Pokeboy sarab
03-11-2007, 03:29 PM
Oh thats very funny >_< maybe Dark Rider
It was a joke I read your banner. It came to my mind after puppy dog.

Gaia
03-11-2007, 03:34 PM
Since I'm down to earth and is a scout quartermaster, I chose the name Gaia because [ Gaia = Mother Nature ].

Pokeboy sarab
03-11-2007, 04:42 PM
Since I'm down to earth and is a scout quartermaster, I chose the name Gaia because [ Gaia = Mother Nature ].
I like it its has an earthy feeling. (no pun intended).

Pooka
03-11-2007, 05:46 PM
Well Pikachu was obviously taken so then I remembered that episode with the surfing Pikachu which I saw when I was about 8, his name was Pooka so that's where it came from.:wink:

Leman
03-11-2007, 05:56 PM
Well, seeing that my name is Leman, I chose that.

Blue-
03-11-2007, 06:02 PM
I chose Snowball Sunday because, it just came to me. :O It's pretty awesome though.

FireflyK
03-11-2007, 06:06 PM
Mine...
Eh. It was a toss up between going with my pen name (Well, ONE of them... I've got about 10 between all the places I write, before I got sick of it and started reusing those instead of making more) and an Alice in Wonderland reference.

I went with the Pen Name. ^_^ Downtherabbithole was just too long to type out a lot, so yeah.

Uh... Firefly came from a friend of mine nicknaming me Hotaru a few years ago, which translates to Firefly... And don't ask me where the K came from. My real name starts with a C but FireflyC looked weird, especially when I draw a firefly symbol instead of writing it out like I do sometimes, soo... Thus the random K.

:oops: Must admit it should really be DragonflyC, really.. The C from my name and the Dragonfly because, well, that's what my firefly drawings come out looking like! :P

And it was a name I used before that weird Firefly TV show came out, before anyone asks if I'm a fan. ^_^

Ridley
03-11-2007, 06:08 PM
My username = my absolute favorite videogame character.

Although I saw this lame person called "Master Ridley" with, obviously, zero posts.

plasmaball3000
03-11-2007, 06:19 PM
Hmm... I made mine up about eight years ago. I was really into disco lights and all that stuff, and I'd just gotten a plasma ball. It's 3000 just cause Yahoo didn't have an account called that.

Now I use Moriogawa, however, which is taken from the Japanese words for forest (mori) and river (ogawa).

Hoshika
03-11-2007, 07:20 PM
My nickname here is Hoshika because my character's name is Hoshika. =P

The parts in the name Hoshika (hoshi and -ka) mean star and flower or essence. Together, Hoshika means Essence of the Stars or Star Flower.

My nickname was REALLY supposed to be PichuPi. Why, you ask? Because I like Pichu. DUH!

~Falcon~
03-11-2007, 07:41 PM
I chose mine cause like lsu and im a kid XD, its self explanitory :P

earth_type_rule
03-11-2007, 08:11 PM
Well, I basicly like ground types, but instead of that, I made it earth.

c0rpsek1lla
03-11-2007, 08:34 PM
Mines cause I saw a videogame called Corpse Killer, and I tried it on runescape and it didn't work, so instead of an i I put a 1, and instead of an o I put a zero.

RouteMaster
03-11-2007, 08:43 PM
RouteMaster is a title my friends gave me when we were doing our Duke of Edinburgh Silver Award hike. No matter which way I turned I never seemed to get lost and successfully mastered the technique of reading a map upside down in the pouring rain. So they called me "the RouteMaster" because of my inability to end up lost, it seemed catchy so I used it here.

My previous name "hiker matt" was a no-brainer because I'm called Matthew and I enjoy hiking, plus hikers are my all time favourite in-game Pokemon characters.

chanseypanty
03-11-2007, 08:45 PM
Cuz it rhymes and i never saw chansey wearing panties b4.

Ridley
03-11-2007, 08:48 PM
Oh no, a lame idiot came to wreck the htread.

Makura
03-11-2007, 08:49 PM
Hmm... Makura came from the song, "Boku wa Kuma" (I am a Bear). I was listening to it, and I heard the words "Oyasumi, Makura-san!" so, I became curious and started looking around for translations of that phrase. When I found a translation for the full song, I found out that Makura-san was Mr. Pillow so, yeah... I'm "Pillow" if the lyrics that I read were translated right. xD

On AIM, my username is PillowKuma. Kuma means bear, so my name is PillowBear. xD I was thinking of taking that, but it was taken... T~T

I'm not even going to go into how I came up with my current name on MSNM. It's just far to long to describe. xD And it has Japanese in it. :3

Yggdrasill
03-11-2007, 08:49 PM
Mine stands for a username I had on a different forum, what that username was; you'll never know. =P

Lucavi
03-11-2007, 08:50 PM
it's my surname (yes, i'm original as that)

Spartan MK-6
03-11-2007, 08:52 PM
I thought shadow was really cool when i joined, but i just hope ryan accepts THIS name change request, unlike the last one.

Dynamik
03-11-2007, 08:54 PM
I just switched the letter from Dynamic and turned it into Dynamik.
I liked it before, but now I'm kinda sick of it. :\

Clutch
03-11-2007, 08:55 PM
Mine stands for a username I had on a different forum, what that username was; you'll never know. =P
[i'm gonna guess it was Rayquaza The Great.
Just a guess though.]

I don't know how I came up with mine. I think it was when I was watching the Pokemon episode when Pikachu was hooked up to a machine that amplified its cheeks when Ash walked on the wheel outside the cabin. It was after the battle with Brock, when Pikachu was severely injured. Sorry, hard to explain, as you can see...

I'll try to find the episode on serebii.

[EDIT] This one: http://serebii.net/anime/epiguide/indigo/005.shtml

Ridley
03-11-2007, 09:28 PM
I don't know how I came up with mine. I think it was when I was watching the Pokemon episode when Pikachu was hooked up to a machine that amplified its cheeks when Ash walked on the wheel outside the cabin. It was after the battle with Brock, when Pikachu was severely injured. Sorry, hard to explain, as you can see...

I'll try to find the episode on serebii.

[EDIT] This one: http://serebii.net/anime/epiguide/indigo/005.shtml
I had thought "Amplified Pikachu" just meant a powered up Pikachu, but I guess maybe not.

Elmo's Heaven!!
03-11-2007, 10:41 PM
I chose mine because Nazi Pikachu was taken.

But in a year, I'm gonna change it to Elmo FTW. It sounds cool.

Kenny_C.002
03-11-2007, 10:47 PM
I chose this username is because it is the only username in the universe and all other existent and nonexistent dimensions that is divisible by zero. :3

Kayla
03-12-2007, 12:40 AM
Kay is the name of one RP character of mine, so I started using it as my Internet name. That was taken so I lengthened it to Kayla.

Neptune
03-12-2007, 12:42 AM
Neptune is my favorite planet. It's also the ruling planet of Pisces, my zodiac sign.

Professor Geoffrey
03-12-2007, 12:49 AM
Because Absol was my second favorite Pokemon. Lapras was and still is my favorite, but, Absols-Darkness sounded better than Lapras's-Darkness. I don't like Absol that much now.

Draconic_Espeon
03-12-2007, 12:58 AM
My username is really a no-brainer. I like dragons, and I like Espeon, so I combined the two. =3

I was originally going to go with Phantom-SunsSong, but I opted for something more Pokemon related. As for Phantom-SunsSong, well, SunsSong is a character I used to roleplay with a lot, and Phantom comes from Danny Phantom, which is one of the few non-anime TC shows I watch.

hell rider
03-12-2007, 02:01 AM
are you saying you can change your name??

i chose mine cuz on another site i'm omfgskillz.. but now i wanna change to dark rider...

Youssarian
03-12-2007, 02:05 AM
My favorite meerkat on Meerkat Manor is Youssarian and that's how it came up...

Fire Pkmn Master
03-12-2007, 02:19 AM
I chose my name beacuse I love fire Pokemon, they are the best in my opinion and Im just a Master of Fire Pokemon. XD

Shady
03-12-2007, 04:43 AM
My username has always been my main characters name in the pokemon games.
So... Pokemon forum... I thought it was fitting. xD

It has absolutely nothing to do with Eminem, contrary to popular belief. xP

Meno
03-12-2007, 04:55 AM
Meno is a character in a Plato dialogue, in which the Meno and Socrates discuss the meaning of Virtue as a general concept, rather than in particular concepts.

So there...

Seawolf
03-12-2007, 05:04 AM
it's my surname (yes, i'm original as that)

It's pretty, though. I thought it was a word for something.

I used to have an old Sailor Moon fan character named Megumi. I also called my trainer in Emerald that, and one of the names I usually go by was taken when I signed up, so I went with that name. However, I have discovered that it also works as a strange nickname since 'Meg' is short for my real name, Meaghan, and 'umi' translates to 'ocean' in Japanese, so I suppose it's a weird pun as well, seeing as how I love anything related to the sea and all that.

I've thought about changing it to Orcinus (a username of mine somewhere else; it's also the genus name for the orca whale and means 'from hell') or Baleia, which is pretty to me and means 'whale' in Portuguese - I think.

Espeon EX
03-12-2007, 06:05 AM
I chose my username because I love espeons, really, well since espeon is take, let's add an EX so it's like a better version of espeon, a more powerful one. I think i'm never gonna change it...

xxxSakura
03-12-2007, 10:38 AM
Erm... Because I'm Sakura? Haha. And the 'xxx' is just basically for decoration xDDD However, I'll stuck myself to 'xxxSakura', and uses it on whatever forum I goes now <33

Shiny Loser
03-12-2007, 11:05 AM
i got my username because i am a loser.

maybe i grew out of it, but even if i did i can't change my username.

And the shiny part because i was into shinies at the time i made this acct.

Volcanflame
03-12-2007, 11:10 AM
Volcanflame ... just a random name I invented years ago. And I'm using it for my email accounts and almost everything! xD

-Volcan- --> Also for this xD

Kuriboh
03-12-2007, 06:47 PM
Hmmm JDLuvSJ well that name was just something I thought of....
My initials are JD and my girlfriend's initials are SJ..
And yes it's true I'm not making her up:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Team Oasis
03-12-2007, 08:14 PM
My username is Team Oasis simply because my Pokémon Blue Mystery Dungeon's team name is Team Oasis.

xxxSakura
03-13-2007, 08:12 AM
Hmmm JDLuvSJ well that name was just something I thought of....
My initials are JD and my girlfriend's initials are SJ..
And yes it's true I'm not making her up:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
How sweet of you~! xDDD

Shiny Loser
03-13-2007, 12:27 PM
everyone's talking about CHANGING their username.
How do you do that?

Iridium
03-13-2007, 12:41 PM
Here:http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11347. That's a guide on how to get your username changed. Hope that helps.

SiberianTiger
03-13-2007, 04:08 PM
You guys are going to laugh.

Airsoft/mil sim. Good at stalking my targets before putting them down, so I ended up naming myself after a Tiger.

Thinking of changing the name though.

~Isaiah

Ridley
03-13-2007, 04:14 PM
You guys are going to laugh.

Airsoft/mil sim. Good at stalking my targets before putting them down, so I ended up naming myself after a Tiger.

Thinking of changing the name though.

~Isaiah
I like your current one :P

SabrE
03-13-2007, 06:31 PM
Mine is just cut off from Sabretooth. And their is also a car on GTA: San Andreas called 'Sabre'

Kyeiko
03-13-2007, 06:45 PM
I have my username because its what I name myself on the games I play.

Shadow Eevee
03-13-2007, 08:34 PM
Well, for me it's because I like Eevees and Dark Pokemon, but if I would say "Dark Eevee" people would call me Umbreon. I was going to be Shadow Avatar, but someone suggested Shadow Eevee instead. My previous one was because I was completely Eevee obsesed.

Razzmatazz
03-13-2007, 09:00 PM
My name started out as Redwood, after Redwood Drive, the street I live on. A few months later I changed it to Big Boss, after the character. Great story, eh?

:rambo:

Dialga913191
03-13-2007, 11:36 PM
I chose Dialga because he is cool.

-CLT-
03-14-2007, 12:23 AM
My username...........
Well at first it was meant to stand for
Comedy
L oving
Thang
But now it can stand for anything but call me CLT

Negative Zone
03-14-2007, 12:25 AM
I just came up with a name. :tongue:

Ace Strife
03-14-2007, 01:35 AM
When I was acerocketer, my nickname is Ace and I just came up with the second part. I changed it to Ace Strife because I am the actual son, I am not joking, of Cloud Strife.

Zombie Muse
03-14-2007, 03:39 AM
I came up with my name for a short story I was wrighting, it then I made it into an rp character, then in another short story then, when it was time to regester here, I just thought of that name and typed it down. ((I also spelled it wrong XD, it's spelled Susaska Vanorostt))

InvertrevnI
03-14-2007, 03:52 AM
Erm... Because I'm Sakura? Haha. And the 'xxx' is just basically for decoration xDDD However, I'll stuck myself to 'xxxSakura', and uses it on whatever forum I goes now <33
xxx... It's sad seeing that in a 12yo username.

I chose a really leet palindrome.

Ali the Dark One
03-14-2007, 05:56 AM

Wow, I never actually noticed that XD...

Mine came from the character that I was going to put into my first URPG story. Also, after a character from a plot who's name was known only as "The Dark One" I put them together and created my RP Character: Ali the Dark One... I also thought that the title sir might sound cool with it...

Shiny Loser
03-14-2007, 10:37 AM
Here:http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11347. That's a guide on how to get your username changed. Hope that helps.

uhh. such a hassle. No thanks. People wouldn't be able to recognise me anyway (if i changed my username)

xxxSakura
03-14-2007, 01:57 PM
xxx... It's sad seeing that in a 12yo username.

What do you mean by that? It's just a decoration I chose, and nothing more, mind you D<

Kenneth
03-14-2007, 03:05 PM
I chose my username....because it's my real name! xD

InvertrevnI
03-15-2007, 02:05 AM
What do you mean by that? It's just a decoration I chose, and nothing more, mind you D<
xxx isn't a decoration in my country, ever.

But idc that much, really.

Ultima Boss
03-15-2007, 03:45 AM
Ultima derives from the Ultima Weapon throughout the Final Fantasy, and Boss comes from Big Boss in the Metal Gear series.

xxxSakura
03-15-2007, 07:00 AM
xxx isn't a decoration in my country, ever.

But idc that much, really.
I just happened to like the letter 'x' -.-;;

Final Fantasy! <33

Hanako Tabris
03-17-2007, 12:02 AM
The name came from the evil character in a Digimon fic that my brother was writing. The fic was never finished, so I decided to honor it in some way. "Hanako" is Japanese for "child of the flower", and "Tabris" is the name of the Angel of Free Will from Evangelion, the anime series.

I want to get the last name changed, but I can't decide what to change it to...

Larvinator
03-17-2007, 12:16 AM
Well, my Neopets name was trixinator2, and I luff Larvitars, so I kinda combined them.

Great story, huh?

Zapdogre
03-17-2007, 12:42 AM
Well Pikachu was obviously taken so then I remembered that episode with the surfing Pikachu which I saw when I was about 8, his name was Pooka so that's where it came from.:wink:
Zapdogre=me zapd(os)/(ky)ogre

Soda
03-17-2007, 08:17 AM
Well it started out Aipom Boy I was monkey obsessed at the time!I'm changing it to
oXNeosXo
I've already sent the email!:surp:

Meshi
03-17-2007, 10:32 AM
I'm changin' my username to Meshi.

-Meshi-

Shiny Loser
03-17-2007, 12:22 PM

-Meshi-

Maybe it's taken...

Mimi_chan is good already.

bisexual half jew
03-17-2007, 02:39 PM
god people are so stupid. i dont even believe in any religion, and neither does my family. but since my dad is from a jewish background and my mom is from a christian background and i happen to be bisexual, that is why i chose this name. i also figured it would piss ignorant people off.
that is from my thread about cigarettes:tongue:

xxxSakura
03-17-2007, 03:24 PM

-Meshi-
Sounds better than your current name, Meshi. No offence, but it's the name you want, ne?

Soda
03-17-2007, 04:36 PM
that is from my thread about cigarettes:tongue:

I'm sorry but do you want to get banned again! No one cares about that they care about ciggarates!I think that's spam if not the this is not needed!

bisexual half jew
03-17-2007, 05:30 PM
I'm sorry but do you want to get banned again! No one cares about that they care about ciggarates!I think that's spam if not the this is not needed!

i hate when people jump to conclusions. if you would read the thread i was speaking of, you would see that it got off topic quickly after i was banned and people were talking about my username

icephantom02
03-19-2007, 11:21 AM
Well, I love the elements (Water, Dark, Ice, Fire), so I use one of those and then, one of my favorite movies is the new Phantom of the Opera. So I took Phantom and chose an element and combined them. Oh, and the 02 are my favorite two numbers together. My email accounts are darkphantom02 and icephantom02. My psypokes account is darkphantom02. My pokejourney (see sig) account is darkphantom02. So, I don't have much variety in my usernames.

lildisco69
03-19-2007, 12:41 PM
i chose my username coz my brus' nickname was disco and well the numbah 69 is my fave numbah, so ther, lol

pod
03-19-2007, 02:00 PM
i chose my useername because it is the name of a band.

Phantom Kat
04-07-2007, 10:42 PM
The first part comes from Danny Phantom, my fave cartoon and the thing that got me back into drawing.

Kat comes from my love of cats (it's hard not to love them when you have about twenty) but Cat sounded too simple so I chose Kat. Good thing I thing 'casue my friend got me into Meerkat Manor. :wink:

And 7 was chosen 'cause I was in the 7th grade at the time (now, I'm 8th).

Pink Leon
04-07-2007, 11:53 PM
pink leon is my user name because it sorta sounds like a rocker name.
i also like the name leon, i just dont like the leon on starfox. :rolleyes:

pika2000
04-08-2007, 10:23 PM
Well, my username isn't very creative and it's actually an old one I got rid of on most forums already.

It's pretty clear what it's based on.
When I first signed up on PUK, it was the first thing which came to my mind.
I really didn't bother thinking of a creative name back then.

top8inUSA
04-08-2007, 10:29 PM
Lets see, I entered the Pokemon Video Game Nationals for the US, won a regional tournament, and placed in the top 8 in the finals. top8inUSA.