PDA

View Full Version : Are you getting Manaphy?

Light Manaphy
03-11-2007, 10:46 PM
I was surprised to see no thread like this already, but if there is, close this one mods.

Anyway, I already have the egg and I'm going to transfer it to my Pearl Version right when I get it so my team would be something like this:

Piplup
Turtwig
Chimchar
Manaphy
Starly
Buizel/Bidoof/Budew

I can't wait for DP! Just under 5 weeks! :happy::happy::happy:!

dud3
03-11-2007, 10:49 PM
Yeah I have the egg already. I made it say 999 days and it started flashing like crazy. lol

Espeon EX
03-11-2007, 10:52 PM
Yeah I have the egg already. I made it say 999 days and it started flashing like crazy. lol

So did i, i did it when i first got the egg, and then my sister was a poser and started to do it.

Do be on topic, of course! I don't know anyone who refuses to get it...

dud3
03-11-2007, 10:56 PM
Yeah because when u get manaphy its like getting to pokemon because you get fione to if u mate manaphy with ditto.

Light Manaphy
03-12-2007, 12:04 AM
I am wondering how you add polls to threads. There is no option to add a poll to threads, so how can you?

Anyway, I can't wait to get my Manaphy and Fione! :biggrin:

Professor Geoffrey
03-12-2007, 12:15 AM
Unfortunately, the only problem I have in getting Manaphy is Salamence. He needs 22 circuits to capture, and is too hard.

:P

Oh, and Light Manaphy, you can only add a poll to threads in the polls subforum. It's an option in the addtitional options section. I found that out the hard way. XD

LilCharZ
03-12-2007, 12:19 AM
I am, but I'm not gonna use it, I mean, it doesn't learn Super-Good moves, and you get it at Lv5! I don't think it looks that cool either...

Blue_Dragon_Mew
03-12-2007, 01:10 AM
I am, but I'm not gonna use it, I mean, it doesn't learn Super-Good moves, and you get it at Lv5! I don't think it looks that cool either...

Lv. 1 acturally. In D/P eggs hatch Lv. 1 pokemon. Anyway, I'm defently getting him.

LilCharZ
03-12-2007, 01:16 AM
Lv. 1 acturally. In D/P eggs hatch Lv. 1 pokemon. Anyway, I'm defently getting him.
See, even worse. He is DEFINITELY NOT gonna be part of my main party.

Caecity
03-12-2007, 01:21 AM
Yesh I am,Yeaaaa I beat Rangers so I have it. Can't wait for it to hatch thought.:mrgreen:

Neptune
03-12-2007, 02:36 AM
I bought Ranger for Manaphy; my goal is always to complete the Pokédex, as I'm not much of a battler. Manaphy's egg looks awesome! Once I transfer it, I might use it in my party as long as I have it with me anyway. XD

Salamance was definitely the most difficult capture for me in Ranger; I finally caught it when I moved slow enough that I had good control, so I could circle it while it was in the air. Took me forever, though.

Caecity
03-12-2007, 02:40 AM
I bought Ranger for Manaphy; my goal is always to complete the Pokédex, as I'm not much of a battler. Manaphy's egg looks awesome! Once I transfer it, I might use it in my party as long as I have it with me anyway. XD

Salamance was definitely the most difficult capture for me in Ranger; I finally caught it when I moved slow enough that I had good control, so I could circle it while it was in the air. Took me forever, though.

Yea on Ranger I quit like for a month then pick back up again, Salamance was hard though but easier then Entei,Suicune,Raiku.

Neptune
03-12-2007, 02:44 AM
Yea on Ranger I quit lkike for a month then pick back up again, Salamance was hard though but easier then Entei,Suicune,Raiku

I didn't think they were as bad because you could use Poké Assists other than Plusle/Minun. I rely on Poké Assists a lot. XD

Caecity
03-12-2007, 02:49 AM
I didn't think they were as bad because you could use Poké Assists other than Plusle/Minun. I rely on Poké Assists a lot. XD

Meh two I love using it. :mrgreen:

Kayla
03-12-2007, 06:34 PM
I have the egg already. I really only want Manaphy for data and to get Fione.

Jelly
03-12-2007, 06:47 PM
What is a manaphy? lol? If its something that you get after you beat the Ranger game...then i dont know...i cant get passes salamance on the entei part.

Kuriboh
03-12-2007, 06:50 PM
What is a manaphy? lol? If its something that you get after you beat the Ranger game...then i dont know...i cant get passes salamance on the entei part.

OMG you don't know what Manaphy is? It's a new pokemon.
I've got to get ranger before I can get it.

Jelly
03-12-2007, 07:08 PM
I seriously dont know what a manaphy is...what is it on?

Kuriboh
03-12-2007, 07:13 PM
I seriously dont know what a manaphy is...what is it on?

You can only get it in Ranger it's the egg you get and you sposed to trade it to D/P for your pokedex.

Jelly
03-12-2007, 07:32 PM
Well, it gives me something to do...i wonder if i can capture this salamance.

Yucario
03-12-2007, 10:37 PM
Well, it gives me something to do...i wonder if i can capture this salamance.
You should get Manaphy I got it 52 days ago manaphy egg ovcorce.

catch em all
03-13-2007, 02:03 AM
I can't beat Enti!!!!!:sad:

Gamedude
03-13-2007, 02:42 AM
I wish i can get the egg because that would kool to have a pwning pokemon in the Red Star Cup

charmeleonblaze
03-13-2007, 03:41 AM
I dont even have a ds yet.:susp: :susp:

MysticAura
03-13-2007, 06:48 PM
I'm definitely getting Manaphy; I've completed Ranger but haven't done the Manaphy mission yet...I guess I was lazy...

Gamedude
03-13-2007, 07:16 PM
I'm definitely getting Manaphy; I've completed Ranger but haven't done the Manaphy mission yet...I guess I was lazy...
Well get it man! because Manphy pwns plus you chold win with manphy! (in the Red Star Cup)

BrassIttoTower
03-13-2007, 08:52 PM
I'm trading Manaphy over, then I'll breed it into a Fione quickly. With 100's all across the board, Manpahies a tad too uber for me.

LilCharZ
03-14-2007, 01:10 AM
I don't understand what is so good 'bout it? Also, wouldn't it take a long time to train it since it hatches at like, Lv1 or Lv5?

Shadow From The Deep
03-14-2007, 01:19 AM
Yeah my cousin got it so he is transfereing it over to me.

Light Manaphy
03-14-2007, 01:22 AM
Unfortunately, the only problem I have in getting Manaphy is Salamence. He needs 22 circuits to capture, and is too hard.

:P

Oh, and Light Manaphy, you can only add a poll to threads in the polls subforum. It's an option in the addtitional options section. I found that out the hard way. XD

salamence is easy if you have a machop and minun stun it.

about the poll thing... dangit... can a mod PLEASE move this thread then?

are.....you.........on........CRACK?!? manaphy has 100 base totals straight through it's stats! It's WAY too uber if ya ask me considering it is 20 points in each stat away from being tied with aruseus

LilCharZ
03-14-2007, 01:42 AM
salamence is easy if you have a machop and minun stun it.

about the poll thing... dangit... can a mod PLEASE move this thread then?

are.....you.........on........CRACK?!? manaphy has 100 base totals straight through it's stats! It's WAY too uber if ya ask me considering it is 20 points in each stat away from being tied with aruseus
I know, but look at his moves!! They smell worse than my cat's poo!! When I meant looking cool, I meant tough, I mean, it has a ribbon connected to a bean on it's head!!

Caecity
03-14-2007, 01:46 AM
I know, but look at his moves!! They smell worse than my cat's poo!! When I meant looking cool, I meant tough, I mean, it has a ribbon connected to a bean on it's head!!

That was funny Manaphy ribbion head xDD.

Light Manaphy
03-14-2007, 01:58 AM

I agree. that was funny :biggrin:

but seriously, it's movepool is bad? You my friend, are on some strong crack. is HEART SWAP bad? is TAIL GLOW bad? is AQUA RING and WATER PULSE bad?!? NO!!! HECK NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!

if you ask me, it's pretty powerful :ermm: .

LilCharZ
03-14-2007, 02:02 AM
I agree. that was funny :biggrin:

but seriously, it's movepool is bad? You my friend, are on some strong crack. is HEART SWAP bad? is TAIL GLOW bad? is AQUA RING and WATER PULSE bad?!? NO!!! HECK NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!

if you ask me, it's pretty powerful :ermm: .
Well, Heart Swap and Tail Glow are bad. Heart Swap, I mean, OW!!! I thought Manaphy was a pkmn, not a Surgeon!! And Tail Glow? How does it glow? (Oh, yeah, I'm gonna light my tail on fire, yum, tastes good)

BrassIttoTower
03-14-2007, 02:03 AM

Your kidding, right?

Tail Glow doubles it's sp.atk. Enough of that, and you've got a problem.

Surf combined with Tail Glow's effect and STAB is nothing to laugh at either.

Heart Swap can be a great counter against other stat uppers.

Substitute gives it 101 hp subs, being able to survive one Blissey Seismic Toss, which is all you need.

Psychic/Ice Beam/Shadow Ball.. It's got a great movepool.

Actually checking it's movepool might help determine that.

Caecity
03-14-2007, 02:12 AM
Well, Heart Swap and Tail Glow are bad. Heart Swap, I mean, OW!!! I thought Manaphy was a pkmn, not a Surgeon!! And Tail Glow? How does it glow? (Oh, yeah, I'm gonna light my tail on fire, yum, tastes good)

You light yourr tail on Fire alright... wait you have a tail Manaphy still rocks your tail.

LilCharZ
03-14-2007, 02:13 AM
Your kidding, right?

Substitute gives it 101 hp subs, being able to survive one Blissey Seismic Toss, which is all you need.

Actually, Tail Glow raises Sp. Atk 2 stages, and Heart Swap (which sounds painful), I mean, stats wouldn't have that big of a change, but I don't think it's as good as others, and that's my opinion, plus, if it's so good, why do you care if I don't use Manaphy? That would make me the 1 missing out, not you guys.

Light Manaphy
03-14-2007, 02:16 AM

eheheheheh..... it has a tail ya know... if it light it's buttocks on fire, it will just ignore it since it's a water type...:ermm:

ya gotta think beyond the basics, man. I mean, attacking your opponent is not all there is to it. Sometimes, you gotta agitate them by using healing moves and rasing your stats.

Your kidding, right?

^QUOTED FOR TRUTH^

Heart Swap is it's best attack! Ice Beam, Psychic and Shadow ball are GREAT and Surf OWNS. Just give it a moveset like this:

Nature: Jolly
Attacks: Surf, Tail Glow, Ice Beam, Heart Swap

and you've got a Pokemon that can beat Aruseus even!

EDIT: I finally got to amateur trainer! YAY!

Caecity
03-14-2007, 02:30 AM
eheheheheh..... it has a tail ya know... if it light it's buttocks on fire, it will just ignore it since it's a water type...:ermm:

ya gotta think beyond the basics, man. I mean, attacking your opponent is not all there is to it. Sometimes, you gotta agitate them by using healing moves and rasing your stats.

I gotta think about that more xDD I'm bad about that.

^QUOTED FOR TRUTH^

Heart Swap is it's best attack! Ice Beam, Psychic and Shadow ball are GREAT and Surf OWNS. Just give it a moveset like this:

Nature: Jolly
Attacks: Surf, Tail Glow, Ice Beam, Heart Swap

and you've got a Pokemon that can beat Aruseus even!
Yep so the truth.
EDIT: I finally got to amateur trainer! YAY!

Edit: I'm a Experienced Trainer YEA!!!Manphy rocks again yeshhh!

BrassIttoTower
03-14-2007, 03:07 AM
Actually, Tail Glow raises Sp. Atk 2 stages, and Heart Swap (which sounds painful), I mean, stats wouldn't have that big of a change, but I don't think it's as good as others, and that's my opinion, plus, if it's so good, why do you care if I don't use Manaphy? That would make me the 1 missing out, not you guys.

I only care if you say Manpahy has a bad movepool, and since you said so I corrected you. And switchng stat ups can completly reverse the Calm Mind/Dragon Dance Process with you getting the boosts and the opponent being forced to start over, and making them switch.

So yeah, I wanted to stop you from thinking it had bad moves like you so blatantly said because you just didn't like Manaphy.

Tory vs Meaty II
03-14-2007, 03:47 AM
Through an AR System, yes.:smile:

Light Manaphy
03-14-2007, 10:32 PM

oooooh.... cheater! CHEATER! CHEATER!!!!! xD

Is this thread moved yet? I want to add a poll to this thread. Anyway, only less than 4-5 weeks til DP!

Blue_Dragon_Mew
03-16-2007, 06:28 PM

You don't need AR, just Pokemon Ranger to get the egg. Though for the each game can only recieve the egg once, is that in all or if you start a new game you can send another egg?:eh: Does anyone know?

Tory vs Meaty II
03-16-2007, 06:33 PM
Well I don't want to spend 35 dollars on Pokemon Ranger, then trade it to D/P. That is a waste of money.

Espeon EX
03-16-2007, 06:41 PM
Well I don't want to spend 35 dollars on Pokemon Ranger, then trade it to D/P. That is a waste of money.

Hey, it's a good game and....wait, your gonna just skip a pokemon game? Thats not a waste, thats like saying pokemon is a waste! At least you'll get manaphy...

Tory vs Meaty II
03-16-2007, 06:44 PM
Hey, it's a good game and....wait, your gonna just skip a pokemon game? Thats not a waste, thats like saying pokemon is boring! At least you'll get manaphy...

Well last year, I had to choose between Mystery Dungen, or Pokemon Ranger, and I chosen Mystery Dungen.

Espeon EX
03-16-2007, 06:53 PM
Well last year, I had to choose between Mystery Dungen, or Pokemon Ranger, and I chosen Mystery Dungen.

Oh, well okay, that makes sense now, good choice though because mystery dungeon IS better.

Solarlegend
03-16-2007, 10:24 PM
well i already can't get manaphy because i was only able to get 1 ds system so i pretty much screwed up.....

MysteryDungeonRescuer
04-07-2007, 07:08 PM
I have the egg already. I really only want Manaphy for data and to get Fione.
I have Manaphy on my Ranger! I'm going to raise it on my Pearl! I'd be glad to give someone a Fione! ^_^

Alienshroom
04-07-2007, 07:09 PM
I will get foine from the GTS.

WifiFX
04-07-2007, 07:12 PM
I will get foine from the GTS.

1.What's a Gts?
2. I got ranger for that reason
3. how many licks doe it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?

mjb4991
04-07-2007, 07:23 PM
I am not going to get manaphy for a long time but my nieghbor will give me a phione.

P.S.- It takes 342 licks to get to the center of a tootsie pop. I had to do that in 5th grade science.:tongue:

Pearl
04-07-2007, 07:33 PM
Of coarse I am, Manaphy is a legendary.

mootixguy
04-08-2007, 01:57 PM
Should I buy Ranger? Is it fun enough? I really want Manaphy for its uber cuteness and uberness... but I don't just want to get the game for one Pokemon. So, all your rangers out there, please advise!

Lol, what's so hard about training an egg from level 5? Dumbest thing I've ever heard so far. You're obviously not used to breeding. I'll even EV train the Manaphy, as if anyone's not gonna do that.

pika2000
04-08-2007, 09:04 PM
I don't have Ranger, but I'll try to get its Pokédex entry through a trade.

Caecity
04-08-2007, 09:08 PM
May, I ask what is GTS....?

PIKA_GIRL
04-08-2007, 09:19 PM
well i already can't get manaphy because i was only able to get 1 ds system so i pretty much screwed up.....

If you have a friend with a DS you just use theres.
Yeah I am getting manaphy. I'm mad D/P eggs hatch at LV. 1. How am I suppose to train it? Oh well.

pika2000
04-08-2007, 09:20 PM
May, I ask what is GTS....?
Global Trading Station.
Another way of trading.
You put one of your Pokémon you are willing to give away there and you place a request on a Pokémon you want in return (it has to be a Pokémon you have already seen).
You might not get the other Pokémon instantly, but after a certain amount of time.
It's a little bit different from a direct trade.

Caecity
04-08-2007, 09:31 PM
Thank you for answering my question. =)

Hoshika
04-08-2007, 09:33 PM
Am I getting Manaphy?! WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I already HAVE Manaphy!

catch em all
04-08-2007, 10:34 PM
Manaphy hatche s at lvl 1 if you didn't know but I'mstill getting it.

Nirvash
04-08-2007, 11:07 PM
I'm getting it. I got Pokemon Ranger for Christmas, and didn't know it had a Manaphy Egg. But lucky me. I got it. :P

charmeleonblaze
04-08-2007, 11:16 PM
Unfortunately, no, b/c I don't have ranger or a ds. When I get diamond, though, I'm gonna borrow my friends extra ds lite till I have enough money to buy my own.

Caecity
04-08-2007, 11:42 PM
Manaphy is mine!!!On my Diamond!

Shinx
04-09-2007, 01:14 AM
I just got Ranger today, so I will have to beat it, but I already entered the code for Manaphy, so I will get it soon and just transfer it over to Diamond.

PIKA_GIRL
04-09-2007, 04:53 AM
I just got Ranger today, so I will have to beat it, but I already entered the code for Manaphy, so I will get it soon and just transfer it over to Diamond.

That will be hard to beat in the amount of 14 days. Since steelix and salamance are hard to capture. Good luck.... But I hope you do get manaphy.

mootixguy
04-09-2007, 01:19 PM
Woah. It would be real sad if someone got Ranger but found everything else too hard to complete, so that he does not get Manaphy for a very long time.

Not insulting anyone here. Just scared for myself in case I decide to buy Ranger but get owned in like the first few stages.

Just a few questions about Ranger.

1. Is it fun to play on its own? (like, let's say would you get it even if there wasn't Manaphy?)
2. Is it hard?
3. Is it possible to restart the game and get another Manaphy egg after you've already sent over one?

Dialga913191
04-09-2007, 01:24 PM
I have ranger but havent beaten it. i plan to beat it soon. and How do u transfer DS to DS?

Phantom Kat
04-10-2007, 12:27 AM
Mmm, I'll probably buy Ranger a few months after I get Diamond 'cause I got PMD Blue even though I already have Red.

Manaphy will be really cool with its stats and moves so when I get Ranger (and beat it), I'll "borrow" my brother's DS for a little while.

Zodeon
04-10-2007, 12:59 AM
Only for the Pokedex.

PIKA_GIRL
04-10-2007, 04:08 AM
Yeah!!! I'll help.

1. Is it fun to play on its own? (like, let's say would you get it even if there wasn't Manaphy?)Yeah it is fun on its own. I didn't know there was such a thing called manaphy only until I beat ranger net I saw somone wrote somthing about Ranger and Manaphy. Then I started to research it.
2. Is it hard? I dont know. It was sorta hard at some points but it was easy other times.
3. Is it possible to restart the game and get another Manaphy egg after you've already sent over one? I woud not try it. All that work for nothing? No I would defenetly not try it. It would be hard to complete again. It may be possible. I don't know.

The comments in quote.

Seda
04-10-2007, 04:16 PM
I'm going to get it once I beat Salamence and the others... :susp:

spr bhav
04-10-2007, 05:14 PM
my dad said he'll 'chat' with me whether i'm getting Ranger, and a 'chat' will most likely be yes, so i may get manaphy when ranger comes out in April 13th ... =D

The Maple Syrup Baptist
04-10-2007, 09:11 PM
I really like Manaphy, and I'm not sure why.

Heart Swap isn't even the best move, though it's definitely not bad.

I'll definitely have Surf on mine. :wink:

Light Manaphy
04-30-2007, 11:48 AM
Thank god this thread isn't dead yet... :biggrin:

I already have Manaphy. Mine is level 72 now. It knows Tail Glow, Surf, and I can't remember the other two moves... >_>

mootixguy
04-30-2007, 12:46 PM
Zzz. I will not be getting Ranger. Unless I've bought everything on my wishlist and still have money to spare, which is unlikely. Let's see... my wishlist (for the DS) would be:

Hotel Dusk
Advance Wars
Pokemon FR
Pokemon Pearl
Ranger

Yep. 5th on my list.

NinjaDuelist
04-30-2007, 01:32 PM
I don't really want the game, but I need Manaphy. If anyone is willing to trade theirs, shoot me a PM.

Bloody TC
04-30-2007, 01:35 PM
I don't see why.It isn't that good and you don't need it to complete your pokedex.
So no I will not get Manaphy.

NinjaDuelist
04-30-2007, 01:37 PM
I really don't "need" it, I just want it.

Light Manaphy
04-30-2007, 01:38 PM
I don't see why.It isn't that good and you don't need it to complete your pokedex.
So no I will not get Manaphy.

HOLY CRAP. YOU ARE ON CRACK!

Manaphy has base stats of ONE FREAKIN' HUNDRED in every stat making his base total 500. That's only 200 less than Arceus.

I really don't "need" it, I just want it.

I can trade you a Phione. It's the same as Manaphy only with 80 in every stat making about 400 and it does not have Tail Glow or Heart Swap. Other than that, it's the same as Manaphy.

NinjaDuelist
04-30-2007, 01:41 PM
Thanks. ^_^

I still want a Manaphy too, though.

Light Manaphy
04-30-2007, 01:43 PM
Thanks. ^_^

I still want a Manaphy too, though.

I can trade you Manaphy as well. Only for the data in your dex though because I promised my brother I'd give my Manaphy to him ;_;

so basically, you have to trade it back :/