PDA

View Full Version : Elite four position is open. Rules here.

Marth
08-13-2004, 12:08 AM
We have an open elite position!
Appliers please register here for the elite test.
Please put your forum name, elite team, and Pokemon you own (No details about the pokemon are necesary)

Rules:
-Have at least 6 pokemon.
-Post your elite team. You don't have to own ALL of the Elite pokemon.
-We will choose the next elite position based on how well you behave in a 6 vs 6 battle. It doesn't matter if you win or not, it depends on your ability.
-Anything not previst here will be decided later.

Marth.
Jack, please contact me.

JohtoTrainer
08-13-2004, 12:32 AM
JTBaseballGuy4

Blastoise
OT: JT (Starter) (Retired due to too many battles)
Ability: Torrent

Charizard
OT: JT
Ability: Blaze

Snorlax
Ability: Thick Fat

Raichu
OT: JT (First story capture) (Retired due to beng very old)
Ability: Static

Breloom
OT: Tamer (traded for Swampert)
Ability: Effect Spore

Clefable
Ability: Cute Charm

Dodrio
Ability: Early Bird

Kanghskhan
OT: Derek Starshot (traded for Slugma)
Ability: Early Bird

Venasaur
OT: Dapkmnguy (Traded for Heracross)
Ability: Overgrow

Electabuzz
Ability: Static

Jynx
Ability: Oblivious

Raticate
Ability: Guts

Gengar
OT: Ygseto (traded for Dragonite)
Ability: Levitate

Ditto
OT: Tony (traded for Togetic)
Ability: Limber

Starmie
OT: Derek Starshot (traded for Kabuto)
Ability: Natural Cure

Exeggutor
Abillity: Chlorophyll

Tyranitar
OT: HKim (traded for Umbreon)
Ability:Sandstream

Scizor
OT: Aleyquala (traded for Muk)
Ability: Swarm

Cloyster
Ability: Shell Armor

Crobat
Ability: Inner Focus

Porygon2
OT: JT (Last story capture)
Ability: Trace

Elite Team:
Charizard
Clefable
Kangaskhan
Starmie
Breloom
Tyranitar

mlugia
08-13-2004, 01:36 AM
Question: As the Elite four person, is he/she allowed to decide whether the match he/she is challenged to will be played in Stadium OR Colosseum mode, or is it just Stadium mode?

Tamer San
08-13-2004, 08:44 AM
Name:
Tamer

Pokemon Party:
Arcanine
Swampert
Exeggcutor
Snorlax
Heracross
Crobat

Elite Pokemon Team:
Arcanine (OWN)
Swampert (OWN)
Exeggcutor (OWN)
Snorlax (OWN)
Heracross (OWN)
Crobat (OWN)

~Tamer

Raddstealth316
08-13-2004, 09:00 AM
Well well well the time is here once again, time to attempt this again...

Name: Raddstealth316/Dapkmnguy_3000

Pokemon {24}:

Breloom
Kingdra
Swampert
Electabuzz
Heracross
Charizard
Dragonite
Gardevoir
Blastoise
Gengar
Magmar
Meganium
Mr Mime
Gyrados
Nidoking
Lapras
Flareon
Flygon
Murkrow
Donphan
Ampharos
Poliwrath
Cradily
Lombre

Elite team:

Well this is the harder part, I do know what my elite team is but the fact that I haven't got half of them and Tmd them is the problem.

This is what I would like my elite team to be, I can get this hopefully within a few weeks:

Electabuzz{own}
Donphan{own}
Umbreon{own}
Ninetales
Starmie
Machamp

Though if the elite test is going to be very soon and I won't have time to get them, then this is my team:

Electabuzz{own}
Nidoking{own}
Umbreon{own}
Charizard{own}
Gardevoir{own}
Swampert{own}

Goodluck to alll participants.

Marth
08-13-2004, 01:58 PM
Question: As the Elite four person, is he/she allowed to decide whether the match he/she is challenged to will be played in Stadium OR Colosseum mode, or is it just Stadium mode?

Battles are fought in 6 vs 6, Stadium, no items, but you could ask for colleseum. What is exactly the difference between them, mana?

JohtoTrainer
08-13-2004, 02:01 PM
Colliseum is RS and Stadium is GSC

Tamer San
08-13-2004, 02:01 PM
Stadium- You battle like Stadium rules :rolleyes:

Colleseum- You battle Stadium mode with using the Abilities of Pokemon ^^

Marth
08-13-2004, 02:23 PM
Stadium- You battle like Stadium rules :rolleyes:

Colleseum- You battle Stadium mode with using the Abilities of Pokemon ^^

I see. I think the elite four can decide upon this rule.

Marth
08-15-2004, 10:01 PM
To any moderator: Please stick this.

Jack of Clovers
08-15-2004, 10:08 PM
hmm.. that's a good idea. *stickied*

oh, and i was gonna say something but i can't remember it. :dazed: oh well.

~Jack~

mlugia
08-16-2004, 12:07 AM
I was gonna apply a bit earlier, but I forgot ._.

So here I apply

Mons: 11 in total, at last count. 10 fully evolved.

Team:

Starmie
Snorlax
Dusclops
Gyarados (OWN, but Raik has it right now)
Miltank (Not own)
Donphan (Not own, but with intention to get one)

And yeah, gl to everyone who's applying!

AbXtreme
08-16-2004, 03:11 PM
I'll join a Spot,

Name: AbXtreme

Team / Elite Team:
Flygon
Dragonite
Heracross
Typhlosion
Raichu
Sceptile

The First 5 i own, As for Sceptile i got a Treecko so i train him up

Number Of Pokes: 9

Caite-chan
08-16-2004, 03:43 PM
Elite Team:
Gengar, Steelix, Umbreon, Porygon 2, Rhydon, Skarmory

Jolteon
Ampharos
Magcargo
Lombre
Tyanitar
Misdreavus
Togetic
Pidgeot
Sceptile
Jumpluff
Forretress
Dugtrio
Dodrio
Golem
Muk
Typhlosion
Cradily
Duskull
Meowth
Sandshrew
Ivysaur

Magare
08-19-2004, 02:51 PM
Mons: 20

I'll catch you on AIM soon :wink:

Marth
08-20-2004, 12:00 AM
New rules! You can still modify your team.
Once the deadline is reached, we'll start with each testing stage.
If there are more than 8 entries, we'll have to...um, ignore one or more entries. This decition will be madae depending of the strength of your team.

Testing Stage 1-
Interview
This counts for little but we need to know what kind of attitudes we are dealing with in this elite test. 0 points, it's the base for the public vote.

Testing stage 2-
Public Vote
Though this also counts for very little it is important that the public gets some say in this. So for the second testing stage, vote for who you think should be an elite by pm. 25 Points.

Testing stage 3-
A 3 vs 3 fight vs. either Curtis or Marth. 25 points.

Testing stage 4-
A mini free-for-all tournament. Rules are 3 vs 3, stadium fight, no items.
50 points to the winner.

Depending on your place is the number of points you get. I'll do the grading scale later.
And, people...

DEADLINE: AUGUST 31TH.

Marth.

Phoenix004
08-20-2004, 12:38 AM
I have a question; are you allowed to be a Gym Leader and an Elite 4 member? If so, it doesn't seem fair to me that you can be both. It's doesn't happen on the games.

JohtoTrainer
08-20-2004, 01:00 AM
Um, yes u can, (Dux and Curtis are both Elite 4 members and Gym Leaders) and it IS fair because being a Gym Leader or Elite member is not a right but a privelage.

Phoenix004
08-20-2004, 01:32 AM
Yes it is a privelage JT, but that is irrelevant to the point I am making. We aren't allowed to be the leader of two different Gyms but we are allowed to be a Leader and an E4 member? Half the people who have applied for this position are already Gym Leaders. If one of them becomes an E4 member, then they are taking up the spot of somebody who wants to be a Gym Leader. How is that fair?

Marth
08-20-2004, 01:52 AM
Yes it is a privelage JT, but that is irrelevant to the point I am making. We aren't allowed to be the leader of two different Gyms but we are allowed to be a Leader and an E4 member? Half the people who have applied for this position are already Gym Leaders. If one of them becomes an E4 member, then they are taking up the spot of somebody who wants to be a Gym Leader. How is that fair?

Honestly..there are not-so-good gym leaders who are just starting. They are getting money, and they get beter over the time.
I belive Curtis and I have had enough time to have a very good strategy at our gyms. And that helped us, therefore, to become an Elite.
Furthermore, how can you be 2 gym leaders at the same time? Or 2 elites at the same time? But, yes, you can be a gym leader and an elite.
I think it's clear that gym leaders is different from Elite 4.
And, another thing.....there are a lot of empty gyms right now. And, I don't know any good trainer that ISN'T a gym leader, except omegamiko because he doesn't have the time to fight.
This has been already discussed. Phoenix, the Elite four are supposed to be the best URPGers in the URPG. Gym Leader means just a position. You can be both for these reasons:
1.- You are a gym leader. That's your position in the leagues, and shouldn't be taken off you.
2.- If you became an elite, it means you are one of the best. This isn't considered a "gym position", as JT says, it's a privilege and an honor to be an elite four.

JohtoTrainer
08-20-2004, 01:55 AM
It doesn't matter who WANTS to be a Gym Leader. It's who is the best at that Type of Pokemon. That's just like saying that just because they wanna be a Gym LEader they should be. THat's why u have to own one Pokemon. It's not all about Fairness here.

mlugia
08-20-2004, 02:05 AM

To be quite honest, how many ppl have the requirements to challenge the Elite 4? If you can't be a gym leader and only a 13374, then you're missing out on a lot of money even though you "technically" have that coveted spot.

vellyvell
08-20-2004, 05:41 AM
I guess I will go ahead and sign up.

Vellyvell

Pokemon:
Blaziken
Dragonite
Heracross
Raichu
Nidoking
Crobat
Metagross
Gengar
Houndoom
Alakazam
Swalot
Charizard
Roselia
Snorlax
Flygon
Gardivoir
Glailie
Kingdra
Dodrio
Shuckle
Raticate
Torchic(will be traded for Lucky's Feebas)

Team
Milotic (don't own)
Gengar
Charizard
Raticate
Alakazam
Snorlax

Matthew
08-20-2004, 07:08 AM
Hmmmm... why not? I would like to part of the URPG again and being an Elite is the perfect opportunity! I won't be challenged often as the elite hasn't been challenged FOR A LONG TIME!... Hmmm... I've been thinking about going after the Elite these last few days I have all Johto badges... Matt does too, :twisted: Anyway... Here are my mon:

Alakzam
Ampharos
Beldum
Blastoise
Breloom
Charmeleon
Clefable
Cloyster
Crobat
Doduo
Dragonite
Electabuzz
Electrode
Espeon
Flareon
Gengar
Heracross
Jolteon
Kingdra
Lanturn
Nidoqueen
Phanpy
Snorlax
Starmie
Swampert
Tentacruel
Tyranitar
Umbreon
Vaporeon
Vileplume
Walrein

Team:

Alakazam *OWN*
Gengar *OWN*
Snorlax *OWN*
Breloom *OWN*
Crobat *OWN*
Jolteon *OWN*

Team to change soon... but this is fine for now.

Oh... and what Elite position is this? Just curious... and if one of us gets the position... can we challenge the Eltie still... and we skip us if we can, write?

akdude
08-20-2004, 07:09 AM
hmmmmmmm.......Yet another Elite 4 position is open. And yet, I'm not a part of it....hmmmm....*sighs* Eh, y not....I'll sign up. Just don't expect me to be on when I have to be.

Name: Ak

Pkmn own: 7
Blastoise
Raichu
Flareon
Salamence
Blaziken
Bellossom
Espeon

Elite team:
Blastoise
Raichu
Flareon
Salamence
Blaziken
Espeon

I'll try to be on when I can...If I'm not on for the interview then PM me the questions or whatnot and I'll send a reply. As for the battles....can we possible do it on the forum? That would make it a lot easier for me. But like i said...Don't expect me to be online much.

Feel free to kick me off if needed...wouldn't really bother me.

Matthew
08-20-2004, 07:41 AM
Why aren't the elites specialized in type? It's like that in the game which the URPG is modeled after... Is it because it raises the difficulty level? Hmmm... Just another question to ask.

koolcurtis
08-20-2004, 11:25 PM
If they specialize in type, then it's would basically be another gym :tongue:

And marth, you think 3v3 is enough? :confused: They could have 3 good mon and 3 bad mon. I would think we need to check all 6 of their elite mon, not just 3. But then the battles might take too long -_-. Just a thought though...

Jack of Clovers
08-21-2004, 06:51 AM
well, since Flare posted in the general board about how he isn't leavin (only resigning leadership), how does this effect the elite? im betting he would still have his position and thus there would be no need to find a new elite member. so, um, ask him tomorrow at the meeting :biggrin:

~Jack~

stripeduck
08-21-2004, 02:28 PM
I have to agree what they said about Gym Leader and Elite being two different things.. as well as it is Priviledge to be an Elite, It is a tremendous job to do, they pretty much make sure that only the most true trainers come out on top. That might sound kinda corny or so, but that what it is, well as for the game's view or so. As for measuring between Gym Leader and Elite, Elites are not a continueous job like Gym Leaders themselves, they have so small many who will actually battle them. Anyways I just wanted to post something I thought.

As for signing up, I don't know if I want to or not, hmm.. When the deadline for signups? I am contemplating on if I want to or not.

JohtoTrainer
08-21-2004, 03:30 PM
Deadline is August 31st. :-P

Marth
08-21-2004, 08:57 PM
Flareon resigned to leadership, true, but I don't think he'll want to keep his elite four position.
So we're still doing this thing.
3 vs 3 battles against each other is because the time. We'll evaluate their elite 4 Team though.