PDA

View Full Version : What CDs Do You Have?

Demon_Shiron
03-15-2007, 05:47 PM
I got ICP: The Riddlebox, The Great Milenko, The Amazing Jeckel Brothers, The Wraith: Hell's Pit, KoRn's first cd, Life Is Peachy, Follow The Leader, Greatest Hits Vol.1, Cradle of Filth: Thornography, Devil Criver: The Fury of Our Maker's Hand, The Best of Sepultura, and WWE Wreckless Intent.

DratiniLover
03-16-2007, 10:33 PM
The CD's I have currently are: Evanescence - Open Door, Evanescence - Fallen, Panic! At The Disco - A Fever You Can't Sweat Out, Lostprophets - Liberation Transmission, Fall Out Boy - Take This To Your Grave.

The CD's I am going/hoping to get are: Linkin Park, My Chemical Romance, and Aiden.

Lucavi
03-16-2007, 11:46 PM
Radiohead: Hail to the thief; The bends; Kid A and OK Computer
Sigur Rós: Takk... and ()
Machinae Supermacy: Jets'N'Guns OST and Deus Ex Machinae
Andrea Bocelli: Hymn for the World 1 and 2; Le bohéme and Romanza

!CeMAn
03-17-2007, 01:28 AM
The only reason i'm posting a partial list of my CDs is to make Firelover wet his pants :wink3:.

ICP
Carnival of Carnage, Ringmaster, Riddlebox, The Great Milenko, The Amazing Jeckel Bros., The Wraith: Shangri- La, The Wraith: Hell's Pit, Beverly Kills 50187, The Terror Wheel, Tunnel of Love, Mutilation Mix, Bizzar, Bizaar, Forgotten Freshness Vol. 1&2, Forgotten Freshness Vol. 3, Forgotten Freshness Vol. 4, The Wraith: Remix Albums, The Calm.

InvertrevnI
03-17-2007, 02:44 AM
I have about 700 CDs, I've got vinyls, too.

Nick_Roge
03-17-2007, 02:45 AM
I don't have any CDs, I download all my music via limewire.

karmachameleon
03-17-2007, 02:47 AM
The only reason i'm posting a partial list of my CDs is to make Firelover wet his pants :wink3:.

ICP
Carnival of Carnage, Ringmaster, Riddlebox, The Great Milenko, The Amazing Jeckel Bros., The Wraith: Shangri- La, The Wraith: Hell's Pit, Beverly Kills 50187, The Terror Wheel, Tunnel of Love, Mutilation Mix, Bizzar, Bizaar, Forgotten Freshness Vol. 1&2, Forgotten Freshness Vol. 3, Forgotten Freshness Vol. 4, The Wraith: Remix Albums, The Calm.

woah, you like icp?

i have backstreet boys- millenium, wesley willis- greatest hits vol. 1, and thats it.

!CeMAn
03-17-2007, 03:44 AM
woah, you like icp?
Ya think?
19 albums and my collection isn't even finished yet.

I just counted and apparantly, i only have 56 other CDs. I'm not about to list them individually though. It's kind of pointless.

Bizkit, Korn, Kid Rock, Linkin Park, Mudvayne, SOAD, Soulfly, Avril, Rage Against the Machine, Smashing Pumpkins, Slipknot, Disturbed, Methods of Mayhem, Kittie, Less Than Purfikt, Papa Roach, Blink, Green Day, OLP, Twiztid, MushroomHead, Big Dumb Face, Project Wyze... a bunch of crazy stuff LoL.

Pooka
03-17-2007, 11:34 AM
Way too many to list, well over 100 but now because of itunes of kind of stopped buying them and started just downloading the songs that I like.

!CeMAn
03-18-2007, 06:47 PM
Way too many to list, well over 100 but now because of itunes of kind of stopped buying them and started just downloading the songs that I like.
I could never replace my CDs with digital music.

Lil Booo
03-18-2007, 07:21 PM
What CDs do i have?
the round ones :wink:
Ermmm way too many to list.
Im more of a listener to rap and hip-hop stuff.

Pooka
03-18-2007, 08:29 PM
I could never replace my CDs with digital music.

Unfortunately you can't prevent the inevitable.:ermm:

Professor Geoffrey
03-18-2007, 08:31 PM

True. My brother has an iPod. I'm getting one for my birthday, I hope.

Anyway, I have a Dolphin sounds CD. It has songs of relaxing songs with inspirment of Dolphins. I also have a Halloween song CD. And I have more somewhere.

!CeMAn
03-19-2007, 05:15 PM
Put it this way:
I'll never do it until the world completely changes and CDs become obsolete, like VHS.

I've got a good few years i'd imagine, considering what you see when you look into the average HMV or Music World.

Demon_Shiron
03-19-2007, 05:38 PM

ICP

Well it ain't workin. Nice try, though:wink:. Why don't you just download your CDs onto an MP3 player? I just ordered some CDs too. Kottonmouth Kings: Rollin Stoned, KoRn: Untouchables and Issues, Sepultura: Chaos A.D. (since some little b**ch stole it), and The White Zombie CD with Thunderkiss '65 on it.

Neo Emolga
03-19-2007, 05:51 PM
Wow... I could never listen to that much ICP without getting sick. Their songs are just... twisted, that's all I can say.

SOAD is good but I just don't like the lead singer's voice. The instrumental is great though, just the singing that's bad.

Me, I like Filter and Deftones. As for a whole CD collection, I honestly don't have much compared to some other people...

Demon_Shiron
03-19-2007, 05:56 PM
Wow... I could never listen to that much ICP without getting sick. Their songs are just... twisted, that's all I can say.

SOAD is good but I just don't like the lead singer's voice. The instrumental is great though, just the singing that's bad.

Me, I like Filter and Deftones. As for a whole CD collection, I honestly don't have much compared to some other people...
If you wanna hear twisted songs, listen to Twiztid, Red Mist by Boondox, Blaze Ya Dead Homie, and Twiztid. Lyricwise, ICP ain't nothin compared to them. Yeah, they're still awsome, but their songs are more funny than hard, or twisted, or whatever the f**k you wanna call 'em.

Neo Emolga
03-19-2007, 06:08 PM
If you wanna hear twisted songs, listen to Twiztid, Red Mist by Boondox, Blaze Ya Dead Homie, and Twiztid. Lyricwise, ICP ain't nothin compared to them. Yeah, they're still awsome, but their songs are more funny than hard, or twisted, or whatever the f**k you wanna call 'em.

Ouch, that must be nuts.

I like the sound of metal and hard rock, but if the singer is just screaming about people getting raped, murdered, having malicious sex, or just plain swearing for no good reason, it gets really distasteful and its a lot of crap I'd rather not hear. Filter and Deftones have swearing every now and then, but its not every other line like what I've heard in some songs in that same genre.

ICP's stuff is so twisted... it is funny. I was listening to "Mad Professor" and just hearing the lyrics, you're wondering how demented are the people that came up with this stuff.

Korn is decent too, that's one I forgot to mention. Very similar to Filter and Deftones.

!CeMAn
03-19-2007, 06:20 PM
iCP get this reputation for having demented and violent lyrics but it's really not. It's more like cartoon violence if you spent more than 10 seconds listening.

Some of the crap they come up with... it's genius.
No band like it in the world and that's why i love them.

Neo Emolga
03-19-2007, 06:40 PM
iCP get this reputation for having demented and violent lyrics but it's really not. It's more like cartoon violence if you spent more than 10 seconds listening.

Some of the crap they come up with... it's genius.
No band like it in the world and that's why i love them.

That's a VERY common misperception for all metal music really. Some people are like "OMG, devil's music!" but really, it just uses louder, heavier instruments and more mature lyrics. Trust me, I think we all know how easy it is to get tired of public radio and pop music. Most of those stations play the same CRAP that was playing ten years ago. We're all sick of it.

ICP does play around like a mature cartoon, that's exactly how it is. None of this stuff is meant to be taken seriously, but most older adults like parents and teachers have trouble seeing that. Sure, I wouldn't let some random eight-year-old hear it, but older teens and young adults deal with it just fine.

!CeMAn
03-19-2007, 07:01 PM
ICP does play around like a mature cartoon, that's exactly how it is. None of this stuff is meant to be taken seriously, but most older adults like parents and teachers have trouble seeing that. Sure, I wouldn't let some random eight-year-old hear it, but older teens and young adults deal with it just fine.

It's more realistic.

To quote Violent J,
"Everybody has those days where you don't wanna just 'BREAK STUFF', you feel like cutting somebody's #$%ing head off with a shovel.".

When your girlfriend cheats on you, you don't feel depressed, you feel like you want to tie a garden hose aound her neck and drag her by the bumper of your car.

Neo Emolga
03-19-2007, 07:19 PM
It's more realistic.

To quote Violent J,
"Everybody has those days where you don't wanna just 'BREAK STUFF', you feel like cutting somebody's #$%ing head off with a shovel.".

When your girlfriend cheats on you, you don't feel depressed, you feel like you want to tie a garden hose aound her neck and drag her by the bumper of your car.

Me... I'd act like I didn't know until the next date. Take her out to dinner, and when all seems fine and dandy, lead the conversation toward asking about the person she's cheating you with, but try not to make it look so obvious. Before she answers, laugh about how stupid/silly that person is, and watch her sweat as she tries to come up with a logical answer.

As for me, I just listen to the music for the admiration of it, not really because I'm pissed. If I'm pissed, I just sleep it off, sometimes that works.

!CeMAn
03-19-2007, 07:31 PM
As for me, I just listen to the music for the admiration of it, not really because I'm pissed. If I'm pissed, I just sleep it off, sometimes that works.

I just mean no matter how you feel, listening to a certain band can make the feelings justified. No matter what it is, it's ok. Sometimes "breaking stuff" just doesn't make you feel better. Fantasizing about carving somebody's neck however... we all get that upset once in a while.

Besides, at it's core iCP is a band about family.
It's about belonging to something that is just yours. No matter who you are, race, creed, religion, you're accepted. D & D playing social outcasts, freaks, nerds, criminals, weirdos, fat/ skinny, ugly/ pretty... when your face is painted everybody is the same, without discrimination. You go to one of their shows and you don't need to know anything about the kid standing next to you other than he likes iCP. You've just found a friend for life.

Vampire
03-19-2007, 08:22 PM
All my CD's were stolen when we were robbed, but I have started my collection again lol...I got loads of money from the contents insurence on the house so I have started with...
The feeling : Twelve stops till home.
Lol...I am gettin there...

Demon_Shiron
03-20-2007, 05:40 PM
That's a VERY common misperception for all metal music really. Some people are like "OMG, devil's music!" but really, it just uses louder, heavier instruments and more mature lyrics. Trust me, I think we all know how easy it is to get tired of public radio and pop music. Most of those stations play the same CRAP that was playing ten years ago. We're all sick of it.

That is so f**king true. I can't even count how many times people have called metal "Devil Music" or "Rock n Roll". People have even said ICP is devil music! Just because C.P.K.'s talks about killin preachers and stuff like that, it doesn't that it's devil music. Sure, Violent J has actually killed four people, but it doesn't mean he worships the devil. And !ceman, if you think I'm lyin, when ICP was Inner City Posse, they were actually a murderous gang. Also, if you don't like gory stuff, DON'T watch the video of Red Mist by Boondox, Blaze Ya Dead Homie, and Twiztid.

Neo Emolga
03-20-2007, 06:05 PM
That is so f**king true. I can't even count how many times people have called metal "Devil Music" or "Rock n Roll". People have even said ICP is devil music! Just because C.P.K.'s talks about killin preachers and stuff like that, it doesn't that it's devil music. Sure, Violent J has actually killed four people, but it doesn't mean he worships the devil. And !ceman, if you think I'm lyin, when ICP was Inner City Posse, they were actually a murderous gang. Also, if you don't like gory stuff, DON'T watch the video of Red Mist by Boondox, Blaze Ya Dead Homie, and Twiztid.

The hardcore truth is, MILLIONS of fans are hearing this stuff, but next to none will actually go and act out the lyrics like they're instructions. And the people that end up doing it are usually so messed up in the head anyway, that if it wasn't that particular song that did it, something else would have made them flip out in due time anyway.

And yeah, I'm still a devout Christian and I still listen to metal music. I've never heard of a "white metal" band that features God-praising songs using the same instruments as a metal band. I'd love to see the reaction of religious extremists if something like that were to suddenly pop up. They probably wouldn't know what to say. But let's face it, all extremists are usually control freaks anyway, just using religion to control people. I doubt God appreciates them doing that either.

Strawberry Maelstrom
03-20-2007, 06:24 PM
I'm more an MP3 type, so I only have two CD's.

Curtain Call: The Hits - Eminem
Konvicted - Akon

Both rap/hip-hop, but I have rock, R & B, and pop on my MP3.(Motley Crue anyone?)