PDA

View Full Version : MAJOR PROBLEM, please help ASAP...

Matthew
08-13-2004, 11:54 PM
Ummm... about every 5-10 minutes, my computer decides to restart itself... can anybody tell me what is wrong with it?

Agent Orange
08-14-2004, 12:19 AM
Sounds to me like some sort of Virus...

Necrobat
08-14-2004, 01:29 AM
I'm guessing it's a Trojan, but it's definently a virus.

boltAge
08-14-2004, 05:21 AM
I'm guessing it's a Trojan, but it's definently a virus.
^^^
Makes absolute no sense.

Anyway, I would have your anti-virus program scan first or something, if its fast enough. Otherwise, I'd get someone to fix it, unless you know how to figure with the inside of the computer and stuff.

art
08-14-2004, 05:23 AM
Oh damn, yeah, you're not really screwed. it's a worm I believe, about everyone had it in the netherlands a few months back.

sorry I cant help anymore, I forgot what it's called and such (though there might have been a Q in it). if ya really need help, I could contact someone. I don't know him that well and such, so I'd rather not call him, but I know what a problems it causes so I will call him if you REALLY need me to. I believe Microsoft put a patch on their site to download against the virus back then, cant find it now though.. so anyway, if noone else can help, I'll call the guy and email you the link to the patch or something.

Tamer San
08-14-2004, 08:03 AM
It is a worm for sure, because I had it once on my PC. It needs sort of a tool I don't remember which exactly, let me check *Goes and Check* Sorry, don't have the tool right here. Anyway, I have a temp solution until you get it fixed.

If your computer has the same worm I had then simply go to:

1. "Start" menu...

2. Option, "Run"

3. Type: shutdown -a

and this only works when the pop window of the countdown appears. If there is no pop window for a countdown then your worm/virus is definatly not like mine. You can thank me later though :tongue:

art
08-14-2004, 09:12 AM
It is a worm for sure, because I had it once on my PC. It needs sort of a tool I don't remember which exactly, let me check *Goes and Check* Sorry, don't have the tool right here. hm, that's exactly what I said Anyway, I have a temp solution until you get it fixed.

If your computer has the same worm I had then simply go to:

1. "Start" menu...

2. Option, "Run"

3. Type: shutdown -a

and this only works when the pop window of the countdown appears. If there is no pop window for a countdown then your worm/virus is definatly not like mine. You can thank me later though :tongue:

Anyway, I remember this solution. you still have to download the patch though. you have windows XP, right?

Tamer San
08-14-2004, 09:17 AM
I know he has to download the patch because if he kept on using the TEMP solution his computer/connection will be slower, at least that what had happaned to me -_-

art
08-14-2004, 09:23 AM
Yeah, just thought I'd mention it, seeing as you didn't and I didn't want hime to have that problem.

Matthew
08-14-2004, 09:30 PM
Heh... there is not countdown screen, and it doesn't happen all the time... it is sorta strange XD... Please lock this thread... it doesn't seem to be doing it anymore...