PDA

View Full Version : What Pokemon Will You Raise?

Dog of Hellsing
03-18-2007, 05:28 PM
Well, I've already started thinking about the Pokemon I'm going to raise in D/P, and this is my favorite so far:

Houndoom:
Ability: Flash Fire
Nature: Modest (-Atk, + Sep Atk)
Item: Chesto Berry
EVs: 252 Spd, 252 Spe Atk
M-Set: Sunny Day, Flamethrower, Rest, Scheme

Yay! Scheme a few times to up Special Attack, then use Sunny Day and Rest. Wake up right away, ready to sweep next turn! Even Rock and Dragon Mon will take heavy damage, and when the opponent tried to get an advantage by switching out a Fire Mon or a Mon with a Fire move, they're in for a nasty surprise! Their Fire attacks will only power up Houndoom even more! ^^

What are your guys' ideas for Pokemon for D/P?

Chris9898
03-18-2007, 05:38 PM
That strategy is very flawed. Any Pokemon with Flash Fire makes you switch.

Caecity
03-18-2007, 06:31 PM
What does Scheme do anyhow?

The Harris
03-18-2007, 06:32 PM
hmm that is a little bit odd (i was going to just say hmm but im trying for over 4 words)

Dog of Hellsing
03-18-2007, 06:40 PM
That strategy is very flawed. Any Pokemon with Flash Fire makes you switch.

Er, no. Flash Fire: When the Pokemon is struck by a Fire-type move, the power of it's Fire moves increases. This means that if another Mon hits Houndoom with a Fire attack, Doom's Fire move will become stronger. Also, Fire-type moves don't do damage ^^. Me loves Flash Fire.

What does Scheme do anyhow?

Scheme raises Special Attack by two levels.

hmm that is a little bit odd (i was going to just say hmm but im trying for over 4 words)

How's it odd? >> <<...

Caecity
03-18-2007, 06:45 PM
Thanks for the answer.. I'm Want meh Froslass yea you know.:razz:

Chris9898
03-18-2007, 06:47 PM
No. Flareon owns your houndoom.

Flareon has flash fire so cannot be hurt by your houndoom's ONLY move. He then returns the poop out of you.

Caecity
03-18-2007, 06:53 PM

Flareon has flash fire so cannot be hurt by your houndoom's ONLY move. He then returns the poop out of you.

Yep, that would do it.

The Harris
03-18-2007, 06:54 PM
Er, no. Flash Fire: When the Pokemon is struck by a Fire-type move, the power of it's Fire moves increases. This means that if another Mon hits Houndoom with a Fire attack, Doom's Fire move will become stronger. Also, Fire-type moves don't do damage ^^. Me loves Flash Fire.

Scheme raises Special Attack by two levels.

How's it odd? >> <<...

its just odd ,donkeys

Chris9898
03-18-2007, 07:17 PM
Lucario
Trait: Inner Focus
Nature: Adamant (+ Attack - Spc Attack)
EV: 252 Attack 252 Speed 6 HP

Moves:
Cross Chop
Blaze Kick
Crunch
Stone Edge

Kayla
03-20-2007, 09:26 PM
I was gonna raise some Houndooms as well, but the only reason I'm not is the sprites. Eww.

Anyways, I wanna train these D/P Pokemon after I'm done with the league and all:

Carnivine
Lumineon
Mismagius
Shellos(Blue, probably)
Glameow

I'm unsure about their movesets and all.

Caecity
03-21-2007, 02:32 AM
I'm going to train Froslass go Froslass -cheers-.

Jelly
03-21-2007, 11:55 AM
I want lickilicky but i have no clue what his moves are...or what even type he is...

Dog of Hellsing
03-21-2007, 05:42 PM

No, because that's when you do something called "switching out." Doom isn't meant to take on other Mon with Flash Fire, which should be obvious. Anyways, I'm talking in-game, not for the metagame. Though we can include that too I guess.

Saremu
03-21-2007, 07:01 PM
After the league I'll probably raise...

Beequeen
Ambipom
Muumaaji
Donkarasu
Drapion
Weavile

I've never had the patience for EV training, or breeding for the perfect nature. I don't usually play the games that long without starting over.

Strawberry Maelstrom
03-21-2007, 07:24 PM
I'm planning on raising two mons at least.

Vespiquen
Ability: Pressure
Nature: +Atk, -Spd(Not too good with names)
Item: Leftovers
EV's: 252 ATK, 252 Def, 4 HP
Moves:

-Restore Command
-Defense Command
-Attack Command
-Aerial Ace

I think it'll make for a decent tank. Defense Command a couple of times to capitalize on the already 454(I think thats the max) Defense stat. Then I'll use Restore Command and follow-up with Aerial Ace or Attack Command, depending on the situation.(Ex. AA for anything resistant to A.C and Vice-versa) Plus, Pressure can force an opponent to Struggle.

Spiritomb
Ability: Also Pressure
Nature: +Sp. Atk, -Spd
Item: Leftovers
EV's: 252 Sp. Attack, 252 Defense, 4 HP
Moves:
-Eerie Wind
-Scheme
-Dark Pulse/Hypnosis
-Dream Eater/Psychic

Two possible movesets I want. Either way, Scheme so I can get High Sp. Attack and Eerie Wind since its a STAB-Ancientpower-like move. Dark Pulse for its high power and same with psychic, or if I feel like haxing, I'll use Hypnosis+Dream Eater instead. Either way, I get a decent blocker that can do damage.

I realize I'm chasing after two rare Pokemon. Thankfully, I can always get a Ditto or something so I can breed for natures. Sweetness

Dog of Hellsing
03-21-2007, 07:38 PM
>< You know Donkarasu's Speed stat drops when Murkrow evolves into it, right? Meh, I prefer Mumage. But yay, Weavile! *Loves them muchly.*

Heh, here's an uber for everyone to enjoy:

Darkrai:
Ability: Nightmare- When opponent is alseep, it takes damage every turn
Nature: Modest (+Special Attack, - Attack)
Item: Chesto Berry (or something else that will wake it from Sleep)
EVs: 252 Spe Atk, 252 Spd
M-Set: Dark Hall/Hypnosis, Nightmare, Dream Eater/Drain Punch/Psychic/Dark Pulse other filler move, Haze

Ohemgee! Dark Hall makes both Pokemon fall asleep, but your Held Item wakes Darkrai so it's ready to go next turn. However, if your foe wakes up too soon, you're left having to use Dark Hall again with the risk of your foe waking before you. Therefore, even though it has lower Accuracy, Hypnosis is probably the better of the two. Either way, your opponent will lose 1/4 HP that turn, which ain't bad to start. Next, slap them with Nightmare, so they lose more HP. If they're still asleep at the end of this turn, then you'll have them with next turn using Dream Eater, most likely. However, it's quite chancey to rely so heavily on sleep-needed moves. This is where you can replace something else, like Psychic or Dark Pulse, or whatever you feel like giving it. Last comes Haze. Perfect. Now when your foes try to use comething like Calm Mind or something simiiar, you can just zap them with Sleep, use Haze, and then sweep them. Yay! Personally, I like the Dark Hall/Dark Pulse/Nightmare/Haze moveset. I love this guy's movepool...Of course, you could drop Nightmare altogether and leave in Dream Eater so it looks like this: Dark Hall/Dream Eater/Dark Pulse/Haze. This lets you hit every type (though Steel is resistant to both ><), seeing as Dark won't effect Normal types.

Seawolf
03-21-2007, 08:04 PM

Flareon is practically worthless, though, so she doesn't have much to worry about. :eh:

After I finish the game, I plan on breeding the Pokemon of my current team and EV training the babies. I like the team I've formulated in my head, but I always like to make sure my "finalized" team has decent natures, moves, and so forth - thus, the extra training.

I'm not sure what moves I will choose, but I know I'm using Lopunny to pass stats. I'm also thinking Lucario or Weavile would be a good physical sweeper, but I need to play the game to figure out what roles would be best for my other Pokemon.

Tyranitar, that Darkrai looks nasty. =/

Dog of Hellsing
03-21-2007, 08:15 PM
Tyranitar, that Darkrai looks nasty. =/

I hope you mean that in a good kind of way lol. And heh, I love Disuse, if only Mimilop could learn Trick...mwuahaha, can you say "Choice Band + Trick = evil?"

Strawberry Maelstrom
03-21-2007, 08:21 PM
I hope you mean that in a good kind of way lol. And heh, I love Disuse, if only Mimilop could learn Trick...mwuahaha, can you say "Choice Band + Trick = evil?"
Lol, I love Trick Band Zam and Grumpig. *copies Darkrai into notepad* I'll save this for when NBL updates to 4th Generation.*evil laugh*

Seawolf
03-21-2007, 08:26 PM

Yeah, I meant in a good way, especially with Hypnosis and his ability. :dazed:

What is Disuse?

AshMistyMayfan
03-21-2007, 08:29 PM
Trainer: Hikari Dawn (if it can all fit)
Pokemon: Pochema (that'll be the name)

I hope they put in all 493 Pokemon.:eek:
I'll be buying 2 games obviously, and trade over the eggs and give Hikari some great Pokemon.

Dog of Hellsing
03-21-2007, 08:30 PM
Lol, I love Trick Band Zam and Grumpig. *copies Darkrai into notepad* I'll save this for when NBL updates to 4th Generation.*evil laugh*

OO Thief! XD I wonder how many people I'll see using this strategy when D/P comes out...?

Yeah, I meant in a good way, especially with Hypnosis and his ability. :dazed:

What is Disuse?

^^ Yayness! Oh, and Disuse = The Pokemon cannot use its Held Item. Really, it's only good for Trick Banding. Other than that, it's kinda useless, especially since I don't think EXP. Share, Lucky Egg, Macho Brace, and other such items will work either.

Saremu
03-21-2007, 08:34 PM
Disuse disables the pokemon from useing hold items.

Can someone give me good EVs and nature for Toxicroak? I don't know if I should up his power and speed or guard from flying and psychic attacks. Psychic attacks would wipe him out so easily.

MewCrystal
03-22-2007, 12:55 AM
Well, I already know what my compeditive team will be. =3

Roserade
[Rosedancer]
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Toxic
- Synthesis
- Sleep Powder
Meh Special Sweeper. I couldn't find a decent Sp.Att raiser for Roserade. Bah.

Leafeon
[Leaf-Chan]
Brave Nature
- Wish
- Sowrds Dance
- Treasure
- Rest
Tank / Healer. I also threw in Sowrds Dance and Treasure to deal a killing blow.

Lumineon
[Neon-Chan]
Brave Nature
- Agility
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Tide
WHY ARE THERE NO STAT BOOSTERS! -eats TMs-

Togekiss
[Togi-Togi-Chan]
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Rest
Annoyer/Tank. Meh.

Piplup
[Pochama-Chan]
Naughty Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Tide
- Agility
=3 I always, always keep my starter.

Weaville
[Sneak-Chan]
Adamant Nature
- Spite
- Dark Pulse
- Calm Mind
- Sowrds Dance
I needed another Pokemon. So here it is.

LilCharZ
03-22-2007, 01:13 AM
Where do you find Houndour?
Anyway, I'm raising a Sneasel Lv20.
Dumb1
Lonely Nature
-Ice Beam-
-Shadow Ball-
-Surf-
-Scratch-

Caecity
03-22-2007, 02:52 AM
I need help with Frolslass stats waaaa.

LilCharZ
03-22-2007, 03:25 AM
Does any1 know where to get Houndour??

Caecity
03-22-2007, 03:42 AM
Does any1 know where to get Houndour??

If you get Pearl houndoor is a Exclusives.

LilCharZ
03-22-2007, 04:12 AM
If you get Pearl houndoor is a Exclusives.
No, I mean in Firered... I just really want a Houndoom. Oh well, I'll ask my lil bro...

Caecity
03-22-2007, 09:27 PM
No, I mean in Firered... I just really want a Houndoom. Oh well, I'll ask my lil bro...

Oh, you can't get it in FireRed or LeafGreen I have the guide it's says Trade from Collsuem.