PDA

View Full Version : Joy Seeds

risrilla
03-18-2007, 05:21 PM
Is this normal? I used a couple of Joy Seeds on my Swablu to evolve into an Altaria. But everytime I used a Joy Seed, it improved it's stats but just a little at a time. Same with all my other Pokemon.

The Harris
03-18-2007, 05:25 PM
well when your a high level your stats go up slower anyway thats why i dont think joy seeds actually affect stat gain

Shadow From The Deep
03-18-2007, 06:25 PM
Joy seeds up your stats the same as lvling. I have tested and I get the same results but sometimes they're different.

The Harris
03-18-2007, 08:04 PM
did you know its best NOT to evolve as you level up slower and get less stats each time

allrace2000
03-18-2007, 10:57 PM
It is best to evolve because you get more powerful moves, and you will have a higher exp in the long run. Lost stats can be made up for by using gummis and other items.

Blue_Dragon_Mew
03-19-2007, 01:20 AM
It is best to evolve because you get more powerful moves, and you will have a higher exp in the long run. Lost stats can be made up for by using gummis and other items.

Irons and other stat raising items like this are an example, and in MD you can use an ifinante amount on one pokemon.

AshMistyMayfan
03-19-2007, 05:53 AM
Plz stop posting crap, and if you do have a sexy time with your mother in law, then youre a total fagg.

Ah, he was telling a bad joke. It's like on Airplane about Ovur asking the kid if he ever saw...well, can't tell that joke, but it was just a bad joke.

But anyway, a Pidgey I had a lot of times had stats of 2,2,2,1,2, my Houndour had a few 3s, but then when the Pokemon hit about level 35, the stats went to 1s a lot of times. I didn't want to send them out to fight too much in the extreme dungeons for fear of constant fainting/reviving, but is it best when you train Pokemon that they have to fight regardless of the risk to get good stats?

Shadow From The Deep
03-19-2007, 07:23 PM
Well even if your not getting great stats you can make it up by using sitris berries, zinc, calcium and all that other good stuff.

risrilla
03-24-2007, 11:59 PM
So...Is the answer a "yes" or a "no"?

Jelly
03-25-2007, 12:01 AM
Its better to normaly train your pokemon instead of Joy Seeds...Training normaly makes their stat growth is better,but using joy seeds is ok once and a while if u need a lvl or 2...

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
03-25-2007, 02:50 AM
Because there are no EV's or anything and levelling up stats are all preset, levelling up using Joy Seeds or battling/experience are exactly the same and shouldn't effect the stats of your Pokemon any differently.

DarkMudkip
03-25-2007, 02:53 AM
Because there are no EV's or anything and levelling up stats are all preset, levelling up using Joy Seeds or battling/experience are exactly the same and shouldn't effect the stats of your Pokemon any differently.

Yes it does (enters a word)

Jelly
03-25-2007, 02:55 AM
Oh really? I'm sorry for my false statement.

*Deletes that post*

DarkMudkip
03-25-2007, 02:56 AM
Oh really? I'm sorry for my false statement.

*Deletes that post*

...? Well anyway they make stats low

Jelly
03-25-2007, 02:58 AM
Joy seeds? As Sarah just stated it dosent lower stats then rasing them at all...and i posted that if you level them without joy seeds they grow faster...i guessed...

DarkMudkip
03-25-2007, 03:14 AM
Well it just makes your stats climb slower...
Joy seeds? As Sarah just stated it dosent lower stats then rasing them at all...and i posted that if you level them without joy seeds they grow faster...i guessed...

Just like i just said(does that make sence)it makes stats climb slower

Ness
03-25-2007, 04:09 AM
I am 100% certain that Joy Seeds do NOT affect stat growth at all. In PMD there are no such things as EVs, DVs, or IVs to support this idea. Plus I personally have tested this and found no difference.

However there are two reasons why you might see two pokemon of the same species at the same level have different stats:

1) You may have used gummis on the pokemon to raise its stats.

2) Stats will vary depending on when you evolve your pokemon. For example, if you have a Pidgey that you have levelled to level 18 then evolve it into a Pidgeotto, your new Pidgeotto will still have the same stats as it had when it was a Pidgey. However from that point it will start to gain stats the usual way a Pidgeotto does. If we compare that Pidgeotto's stats to a level 18 Pidgeotto's that we caught from the wild as a Pidgeotto, the wild Pidgeotto will actually have higher stats than the one that we grew from a Pidgey. We can see from just this that IVs, DVs, and EVs do not exist.

In most cases, the sooner you can evolve your pokemon the better as the evolved pokemon usually have better stat gains than their previous form... there of course are some exceptions.

risrilla
03-25-2007, 04:10 AM
Ah...So, it effects your stats when you level up, right? This is confusing...Some people say no some say yes.

EDIT: Oh, thanks Ness. Nice avatar.

Jelly
03-25-2007, 04:12 AM
Take Pokemon Trainer Sarah's and Ness's advice...It dosent effect growth...

DarkMudkip
03-25-2007, 04:21 AM
This is just giving me a headache!

risrilla
03-25-2007, 04:45 AM
Take Pokemon Trainer Sarah's and Ness's advice...It dosent effect growth...OK!
Time to stack up on Joy Seeds. Thanks, everyone.

brandonelliott
03-26-2007, 05:40 PM
did you know its best NOT to evolve as you level up slower and get less stats each time

I think it is best to evolve cause the pokemon look much cooler :wink:

The Harris
03-26-2007, 05:59 PM
after they reach Lv100 or they dont gain as much stats

Ness
03-26-2007, 08:42 PM
after they reach Lv100 or they dont gain as much stats

I'm not quite sure what you are saying... but the way I read it is: 'don't evolve you pokemon until they are level 100 or else their stats won't be as good'.

If that's what you are saying then you are mistaken... in most cases it is better stat-wise for the pokemon to evolve them as soon as possible. I say 'most cases' because there are a few exceptions where the pre evolution gains more stats in most areas when compared to its evolved form. For example Charmeleon at level 100 has slightly lower HP than Charizard, but is stronger in all other stats.

The Harris
03-26-2007, 09:18 PM
http://upc.pkmn.co.uk/games/dungeon/guides/stats.php?view=gains

check baulbasaur, ivysaur and venasaur check the difference in stat gain

Blue_Dragon_Mew
03-26-2007, 09:52 PM
http://upc.pkmn.co.uk/games/dungeon/guides/stats.php?view=gains

check baulbasaur, ivysaur and venasaur check the difference in stat gain

It'll depend on what you want. Check Charmander and his evos, along with Weedle and his evos, as examples.

kadeon
03-26-2007, 09:53 PM
Is this normal? I used a couple of Joy Seeds on my Swablu to evolve into an Altaria. But everytime I used a Joy Seed, it improved it's stats but just a little at a time. Same with all my other Pokemon.

yes joy seeds dont raise stats as much as training

The Harris
03-27-2007, 02:57 PM

they do thrust me i use 1 and checked stat gain next to the ones on the site

Ness
03-27-2007, 03:06 PM

Joy Seeds give the same stats as normal training! PMD has far different game mechanics than any other pokemon game. I, as well as many others, have done tests to make sure this is true and found that Joy Seeds do not affect stat growth. Period.

If you want a long explaination then look at my previous post in this thread that talks about EVs, IVs, Dvs, etc....

allrace2000
03-31-2007, 05:53 PM
I use Joy seeds a lot, and I level about 30 times with them, but I don't notice any stat differences. I get 1s all the time, Joy seed or not.

The Harris
04-01-2007, 02:30 PM
I use Joy seeds a lot, and I level about 30 times with them, but I don't notice any stat differences. I get 1s all the time, Joy seed or not.

O.K i think this should be locked as the answer has been said that joy seeds dont affect the stat gain ;)