PDA

View Full Version : Keckleon

charmeleonblaze
03-19-2007, 01:48 AM
Ok, I read on a website that you have to be lucario rank to recruit keckleon, and also lv. 90 with a friend bow. I've been trying to recruit 1 for over 2 hours with my lv. 100 charizard with a friend bow, and its not working. So i was wondering if it was true that you have to be lucario rank to recruit that bastard.

Blue_Dragon_Mew
03-19-2007, 01:54 AM
Ok, I read on a website that you have to be lucario rank to recruit keckleon, and also lv. 90 with a friend bow. I've been trying to recruit 1 for over 2 hours with my lv. 100 charizard with a friend bow, and its not working. So i was wondering if it was true that you have to be lucario rank to recruit that bastard.

I doubt it, but couldn't hurt. The requite rate is in our team's thread.

Xalapeno
03-19-2007, 01:56 AM
Yes and even then you only have .1% of recruiting him. Thats less than 1%. Don't think I got it wrong cause thats it. (.1%) chance of recruitment.
It took me months to get him. If you get him it'll be because your lucky. Like me, but it takes forever. Just have some patience and maybe you'll get him, but, don't count on it.

Espeon EX
03-19-2007, 01:57 AM

I just got one from my lv.100 blastoise, it took me days to get it, it's just like recruiting mew kinda.

charmeleonblaze
03-19-2007, 01:58 AM
But do i have to be in lucario rank to get it?

Jelly
03-19-2007, 10:32 AM
You should ask Julian, he has a level 99 keclon (stupid spelling) and level 100 Marowak.

kadeon
03-19-2007, 08:45 PM
kecleon is so tough to recruit ive killed some hundreds of times and nothing joined

Jelly
03-19-2007, 10:09 PM
Can you only fight them after you stolen something from your shop? If so, there hard...

charmeleonblaze
03-19-2007, 10:12 PM
Can you only fight them after you stolen something from your shop? If so, there hard...

Yeah, that's the only way.

Hoshika
03-20-2007, 12:13 AM
Yeah, that's the only way.

You can still blast them with a Blast Seed and get that single Kecleon to fight.

Also, there's an easy way to beat them. Put on a Pass Scarf, get a Pokémon as a partner on your team that has a move that is Super Effective against your type. Attack it, wait for it to pass-attack itself, and make your partner attack.

Or get Smeargle to do something. =P

julian
03-23-2007, 03:42 PM
some1 called me for help so here i am:biggrin:

the recruit chance of kecleon stays 1%!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sad: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i needed 2 weeks to recruit him!(thats not so much:cool: :biggrin: )
anyways i tell how i did!:

1. pokemon level 100
2. lucario rank
3. 10 reviver seeds
4. i recruit him in wyvern hill cause there's always 1 kecleon shop:hungry:
5. x-ray specs to see where the kecleon shop is: if u see many bleu dots and 1 red dot in the middle of it than its a kecleon shop:biggrin:
6. trust me it always take 2-3-4 weeks:oops:
7. never give up

8. if you have stolen go to the stairs and hold on for it. wait until keckleons come and if u recruet 1 go to next floor.

9. bring a escape orb with you ( dont use it on the same floor of the shop!!) first proceed the stairs than use your escape orb

10. i hope it works and help you:biggrin:

Ness
03-23-2007, 06:10 PM
So i was wondering if it was true that you have to be lucario rank to recruit that bastard.

Heh I think it is funny how there have been 10 replies but still no answer to this question.

Anyways I am 100% positive that your rescue team rank does not affect recruitment rank. The only two things that affect recruitment rate is the leader's level (partner levels do not matter) and if the leader (and only the leader) is wearing a Friend Bow. Anything else does not give any bonus whatsoever.

Bloody TC
03-23-2007, 06:41 PM
Heh I think it is funny how there have been 10 replies but still no answer to this question.

Anyways I am 100% positive that your rescue team rank does not affect recruitment rank. The only two things that affect recruitment rate is the leader's level (partner levels do not matter) and if the leader (and only the leader) is wearing a Friend Bow. Anything else does not give any bonus whatsoever.

he question was answeered and you said what everyone else said before you.And I do think you have to be lucario ranked.

Ness
03-23-2007, 07:00 PM
he question was answeered and you said what everyone else said before you.

Actually the question was if you needed to be Lucario Rank to recruit Kecleon and nobody said that you don't need to be Lucario Rank before I did.

And I do think you have to be lucario ranked.

Short answer: You are mistaken; rank does not affect recruitment or in this specific case does not help you recruit Kecleon.

Long answer: Just by looking at the numbers you can see that rank does not affect recruitment rate.

The recruitment rate for Kecleon with no bonuses is -33.9%

The maximum bonus you can get from your level is 24% (which is at level 90)

Friend bow gives 10%

So the maximum possible recruitment bonus is 34%

34 - 33.9 = .1

So as you can see, rank does not affect recruitment. If that was true, Kecleon's recruitment rate would be higher and thus easier to catch.

You have a one in a thousand shot at catching Kecleon... all you need to to is be at least level 90, be wearing a friend bow, and have a LOT of time and patience.

Bloody TC
03-23-2007, 07:40 PM
Actually the question was if you needed to be Lucario Rank to recruit Kecleon and nobody said that you don't need to be Lucario Rank before I did.

Team overkill,Julion

Short answer: You are mistaken; rank does not affect recruitment or in this specific case does not help you recruit Kecleon.

Long answer: Just by looking at the numbers you can see that rank does not affect recruitment rate.

The recruitment rate for Kecleon with no bonuses is -33.9%

The maximum bonus you can get from your level is 24% (which is at level 90)

Friend bow gives 10%

So the maximum possible recruitment bonus is 34%

34 - 33.9 = .1

So as you can see, rank does not affect recruitment. If that was true, Kecleon's recruitment rate would be higher and thus easier to catch.

You have a one in a thousand shot at catching Kecleon... all you need to to is be at least level 90, be wearing a friend bow, and have a LOT of time and patience.

Do you have a kecleon because people who have them say you do have to be lucario.I am saying that (I think) is the only one you need ranking to get.

DarkMudkip
03-23-2007, 08:16 PM
Do you have a kecleon because people who have them say you do have to be lucario.I am saying that (I think) is the only one you need ranking to get.

No you dont have to be Lucario rank! My friend is diamond and he recruited it so this should locked since the question has been answered

Ness
03-23-2007, 08:25 PM

No I do not have a Kecleon just because I am lacking both the time and patience to recruit one :rolleyes:.

I too have thought that Kecleon might be an exception and that this may be a unique case in which you need to have Lucario Rank to recruit. If this was the case though it would be well documented on any reputable website; it is not. I would not trust anything from a geocities site or anything of that calibre... (thinks back to the hundreds of ways you could catch Mew in RBY:susp: ).

I think the confusion stems from people thinking that rank affects recruit rank.

It is almost certainly all about odds. One in a thousand chance is not very good at all. Kecleon is tied for the hardest pokemon to recruit in this game (the other three are Swampert, Feraligatr, and Blastoise who all share the -33.9% recruit rate).

.1% chance may seem daunting... but it is a heck of a lot better than running into a shiny pokemon in the other games (0.000122% chance). Just keep at it :smile: !

charmeleonblaze
03-23-2007, 09:39 PM
No I do not have a Kecleon just because I am lacking both the time and patience to recruit one :rolleyes:.

I too have thought that Kecleon might be an exception and that this may be a unique case in which you need to have Lucario Rank to recruit. If this was the case though it would be well documented on any reputable website; it is not. I would not trust anything from a geocities site or anything of that calibre... (thinks back to the hundreds of ways you could catch Mew in RBY:susp: ).

I think the confusion stems from people thinking that rank affects recruit rank.

It is almost certainly all about odds. One in a thousand chance is not very good at all. Kecleon is tied for the hardest pokemon to recruit in this game (the other three are Swampert, Feraligatr, and Blastoise who all share the -33.9% recruit rate).

.1% chance may seem daunting... but it is a heck of a lot better than running into a shiny pokemon in the other games (0.000122% chance). Just keep at it :smile: !
Ok, thanx A LOT for the info.. I'm gonna try to recruit it tomorrow for a while, I'm to tired right now.

MysticAura
03-24-2007, 06:51 PM
Another way to get it would be through Jirachi. If you have recruited every single pokemon except Kecleon and you're in Lucario rank, then complete Wish Cave and do not recruit Jirachi when he asks then choose "something good" for your wish; you should get Kecleon the next morning.

charmeleonblaze
03-25-2007, 02:27 AM
YEA BOI!! JUST RECRUITED KECKLEON!! YEAH BOI!! 6th floor of frosty forest, with lv. 100 charizard with friend bow, like 15th to 20th keckleon!:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

DarkMudkip
03-25-2007, 03:45 AM
YA! YA! YA! Good for you!!!!!!!!!! now get outta there well if not already out...:ermm:

LilCharZ
03-25-2007, 04:23 PM
YEA BOI!! JUST RECRUITED KECKLEON!! YEAH BOI!! 6th floor of frosty forest, with lv. 100 charizard with friend bow, like 15th to 20th keckleon!:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
THAT'S EXACTLY WHERE I RECRUITED MINE!!! IT WAS YESTERDAY!! Also with a Charizard... OK, I have a question for everyone. If you recruit a keckleon, is it possible to recruit another one?

charmeleonblaze
03-25-2007, 06:00 PM
THAT'S EXACTLY WHERE I RECRUITED MINE!!! IT WAS YESTERDAY!! Also with a Charizard... OK, I have a question for everyone. If you recruit a keckleon, is it possible to recruit another one?

Probably, I don't see why not.

Jelly
03-25-2007, 06:03 PM
It depends how many pokemon can fit into that friend area...i dont know kecklons friend area so i cant help...

charmeleonblaze
03-25-2007, 06:04 PM
It depends how many pokemon can fit into that friend area...i dont know kecklons friend area so i cant help...

It's overgrown forest, I think like 10 fit into it.

Jelly
03-25-2007, 06:19 PM
Then you can have 10 keckleons

brandonelliott
03-25-2007, 08:47 PM
You dont have to be lvl 100 or have lucario rank you need level 90 and a friend bow is all its what it says in my guide:biggrin:

The Harris
03-25-2007, 09:27 PM
Then you can have 10 keckleons

if you did that you wouldnt get all the pokemon on your team as you would have too many kekleon

Metagross Ex
03-25-2007, 10:28 PM
yeah, that would be hard to get all the pokemon because it takes a while to get to lucario- rank:hurt: :banana:

Ness
03-25-2007, 10:56 PM
It's overgrown forest, I think like 10 fit into it.

I believe the actual capacity is 9. But anyways 2 Kecleon is really 1 too many as there isn't really any reason to get more than one... except for bragging rights I suppose.

But seriously, I am not sure why Kecleon is so popular. Its stats are not anything stellar, it does not really have a strong movepool (best move that it can learn is Fury Swipes) and the punch behind that is taken away after it changes types. Since STAB is more important than Type Advantage in PMD, Color Change sort of ruins Kecleon's offensive capabilities thereby almost limiting it to a Defensive or Utility pokemon but Kecleon does not really have much going for it in those departments either.

That being said, someday I will go after Kecleon just for something to do and for completeness... but you probably won't ever find that pokemon on any of my serious rescue teams.