PDA

View Full Version : New Type Matches

icephantom02
03-19-2007, 12:17 PM
What do you think of the new type matches. I know there are no new types, but there are some new type combos. One new type combo is on one of my favorite new pokemon: Snover/Abomasnow. They are Grass/Ice. The up-side to that is, well, that you get stab for two good types. Bad, x4 weakness to fire.

Also, what do you think about the number of new pokemon of a certain type. Meaning, do you think they added enough fire pokemon to the game, or are there too many new psychic pokemon. I think it is evenly balanced, but I do wish there were some more fires.

Pika-pika
03-19-2007, 11:52 PM
What do you think of the new type matches. I know there are no new types, but there are some new type combos. One new type combo is on one of my favorite new pokemon: Snover/Abomasnow. They are Grass/Ice. The up-side to that is, well, that you get stab for two good types. Bad, x4 weakness to fire.

Also, what do you think about the number of new pokemon of a certain type. Meaning, do you think they added enough fire pokemon to the game, or are there too many new psychic pokemon. I think it is evenly balanced, but I do wish there were some more fires.
I think we need more fire pokes. Now I'm forced to pick Chimchar though I don't like it's evos. I wanted Piplup, I like the whole line.
Nvm, I could just transfer Blaziken.

But still!

Saremu
03-19-2007, 11:54 PM
The poison/fighting Croagunk and Toxicroak look badass, but that is a x4 weakness to psychic attacks.

Caecity
03-20-2007, 12:17 AM
Yea , to Ice/Ghost woot!!!!! Froslass go!:razz:

Bloody TC
03-20-2007, 01:53 AM
I think we need more fire pokes. Now I'm forced to pick Chimchar though I don't like it's evos. I wanted Piplup, I like the whole line.
Nvm, I could just transfer Blaziken.

But still!

You could just get Magby or something because that is what i am doing.They are actually uncommon in shinnoh so you should find one easily.

Chris9898
03-20-2007, 03:34 AM
The new types seem pretty good... The only exception I have is that Magmotar should be part steel... and Lucario should be Psychic/Fighting, He looks nothing like a Steel type... but whatever.

Strawberry Maelstrom
03-20-2007, 03:42 AM
The new types seem pretty good... The only exception I have is that Magmotar should be part steel... and Lucario should be Psychic/Fighting, He looks nothing like a Steel type... but whatever.
Maybe his body is made out of painted metal. :P

Anyways, I dig the Ice/Grass type and the Steel/Dragon type match-ups. I just wish they added more ghosts...Spiritomb looks awesome.

icephantom02
03-20-2007, 12:48 PM
I think that they got plenty of ghosts in this one. You have Misdreavus/Mismagius, Duskull/Dusclops/Dusknoir, Rotom, Froslass, Drifloon/Drifblim, and Giratina. That is a lot of ghosts. You could actually make a whole team from the new ghost pokes. lol!