PDA

View Full Version : To Discuss The Urpg's Fate

Raddstealth316
08-16-2004, 01:17 PM
Well as a lot of you know, this place hasn’t been as active as it once was. Back in the day there used to be a lot of activity and this place was once fun. I’ve been here for a year now and for some reason it seems to be declining. Members have left and people aren’t bothered like they once used to be.

Refs aren’t the same; everyone is busy these days bar a small handful. Yes I know people have lives but I thought some effort would go into keeping this place active and together.

It is just not the urpg that is declining but the whole forum as a whole. People are starting to notice this, the war for one is a prime example, and it has fallen so early on due to lack of participation.

This is a great place, the urpg has always been a home to me and I hate to see it go the road it’s going now. Some people will argue that it’s not going downhill but I hate to break it to those people, but it is.

And a lot of people will agree with me here but some people will just increase the worry with pointless words or whatever but I’m not going to do that.

I could just pm the moderators, but I decided after thought not to, if this board is involving all of you lot, then it must be discussed by all of you lot.

If we want to save the urpg and stop it going downhill then we must be willing to do so.

Yes, the whole forum needs help but we must start within our own community first then build our way up.

I must say that I regret to even see the tournament that I hosted; starting to wane…which I promised wouldn’t happen.

What I’m proposing is a meeting. I’d like all moderators to attend and the majority of members so we can have a good representation.

In this meeting we can discuss ways to keep this place active and back to the way it used to be.

I’d like opinions to this and a suggested time that suits everyone

Thanks.

JoshE
08-16-2004, 01:27 PM
I say we give everyone 1,000,000 dollars!

No but really it has declined. I remember that I could find a ref and a trainer at any time of the day who was willing to battle. Not many people are active and not many care. The URPG is now just another section in the war.

I think the URPG was great but I only can find 3 trainers who are willing to battle at most times when they are on. I use to not have been able to count that. :tongue:

Focal
08-16-2004, 01:28 PM
Nice speech Dap, yes I've noticed it as well. Very few people are online these days. But it could also be because this is the time when school starts. Well, I don't mind any time. I'm normally on at the same time you are, and I'm willing to help out. I'll never let PE2K go away, no matter what. These are times we should really help this wonderful URPG, and give it all we've got to keep it alive and active. That's all I have to say.

Tamer San
08-16-2004, 01:31 PM
That is exactly what our home needs John. As I have discussed this with you on AIM I must state my words here as well. My fellow PE2Kers and URPGers, you all know me for almost 10 months or so. I was like the most n00bish guys the URPG ever knew, and ask Raik about it. Without JT, Magare, Allie and John I wouldn't have become the trainer I am now. What I mean is that we all worked as a one hand, all the time, to accomplish each other's dream and thats what we are defending right now. Maybe the URPG it self ain't the big deal, nor PE2K...but I assure you guys that we are a family, whatever happaned. Yet, we must defend our home, the place where we usually meet at, our sanctuary. Without PE2K nor the URPG all of us wouldn't have met each other, unless anyone knows any other one in real life. Let us work again, one hand, to beat the immpossible and the destructive facors which are attacking our beloved home. Let us work, and do it, and build it once again...

Maybe the war has failed, the tournament has faded but PE2K and the URPG will never fail and will never fade because it is in our hearts. Help us guys and let us meet one day to rebuild what we have destroyed with our hands by inactivity and carelessness. I guess I am out of words now, but I will stay a PE2Ker for ever...

~Tamer

JoshE
08-16-2004, 01:33 PM
Nice speech Dap, yes I've noticed it as well. Very few people are online these days. But it could also be because this is the time when school starts. Well, I don't mind any time. I'm normally on at the same time you are, and I'm willing to help out. I'll never let PE2K go away, no matter what. These are times we should really help this wonderful URPG, and give it all we've got to keep it alive and active. That's all I have to say.

No, I have notice the decline already in effect during the summer. I doubt school is it. Yet with school starting I am sure the URPG will be in even more decline.

but I will stay a PE2Ker for ever...

...45 years later....... Hey Tamer San just hit 1 Million posts! :tongue:

Caite-chan
08-16-2004, 01:34 PM
I've sorta noticed it too. Something else I've noticed is if you go through the Trainer stats...there are a bunch of people who have joined yet haven't done anything. Someone should go through and deleate all that...or people who haven't battled in a month or two.

I think it should still carry on but, only for the active people. And when you join up for something like Dap's tornoment or the WAR you should stay active. It's kinda pointless and rude to start something and not finish it.

JoshE
08-16-2004, 01:36 PM
It's kinda pointless and rude to start something and not finish it.

I didnt say to stop the war. I just said that the URPG has just become a war secxtion.

Tamer San
08-16-2004, 01:36 PM
School or no School Josh, the forum is going down more than ever. It is like a sinking ship, and we are its sailors, we either die with it or try to fix it as much as we can until we reach the safty shores. It was so active last year even in shcool times, I remember christams time when we had lotta fun, 8 months ago it was at its peek, and there was school my friend. So school was never the problem, it is the lazy sailors of the old wrecked ship that needs repairing.

Caite-chan
08-16-2004, 01:41 PM
I actully blame ProBoards. If they never deleated the boards we wouldn't be in the situation. Everyone liked the PorBoards.

Tamer San
08-16-2004, 01:44 PM
Ok people, start the blame game :mad:
I am telling you that it is our fault and no one's else. We must defend it our selves, and if we failed we must not blame anyone. Proboards were like a storm in the sea PE2K was sailing in. WE survived that storm, but lost many of the crew. Yet, we can reach the safty shores and get more sailors, but first we must work on this our selves, and I am not only talking about the URPG, I am talking about the entire forum...

Since Dap wanted this...err...CHAAAAAAARGGEEEEE!!!!

Neo Emolga
08-16-2004, 02:05 PM
Interesting comparison Tamer, but in that same light, I think we need our captain as well, who hasn't been around too much. Plus, I think PE2K (Yes, that's the captain I was talking about) needs to realize that the quantity of G-mods isn't what counts, it's how active they are. Right now, we have three completely inactive G-mods. We have very little management at the moment, which seriously isn't helping.

As far at the URPG goes, Aleyquala and I still love to have battles, and even if we end up as the only two who still do it, I'll still battle with him because it's still good and clean fun. I still love the URPG, the original creators still a lot of work to bring it to life and I think it's our responsibility to keep it alive.

But again, we seriously need the management. We need Marth and Nate to be promoted, like TT and Flare had recommended. I'm not even sure that PE2K has even noticted that Flare is gone, and he only removed TT as G-mod and didn't promote Nate. Seriously, we need more mods, not less...

Tamer San
08-16-2004, 02:46 PM
If I were asked to assign G-Mods, and this is so important because the captin its self can't sail a ship. He needs officials and a crew that can help him running a successful ship, challanging all dangers. Anyway, if I was asked to assign G-Mods I would say that Neo would be the MOST perfect. I guess Matthew and Nate would do fine as well...WE NEED A NEW ACTIVE OFFICIALS TO RUN THIS SHIP!!!

mlugia
08-16-2004, 06:06 PM
Firstly, I would like to agree with Dap on the activity of the forums. When I first joined Pe2K, there were so much activity, even in the strats forum (gasp, I know). Seems that this last year seemed to be the transition year. I remember going to another forum a long time ago, Pgamers, and the activity rocked, but then some members ended up leaving, and then the forum declined until the forum disappeared (although some of the last members set up a new forum elsewhere, but it's not just the same, and I never went back).

While schooling my not be the reason for members leaving and inactivity, the summer certainly did help in participation levels, at least for the first few weeks. People probably had grown out of the forum too, and then there's vacations, causing idleness, causing boredom, and finally, causing ppl to look for alternatives to this forum.

What we need is not just saying goodbye to the old members, we need ways to attract new members to PE2K and the URPG.

On the topic of the URPG, it could use some changes as well...

For example, since I first joined, I noticed I wasn't the only person who was wondering why Breeding moves cannot be implemented in the URPG. It sounds perfectly reasonable, but the propsal I sent to Jack was still unread since he's kinda busy.

Jhem
08-16-2004, 06:15 PM
... I noticed I wasn't the only person who was wondering why Breeding moves cannot be implemented in the URPG. It sounds perfectly reasonable, but the propsal I sent to Jack was still unread since he's kinda busy.

Yeah you and I were talking about this. I was also wondering the same for move tutor abilities. My Corphish can learn some amazing moves by using the move tutor, but I can't use them! :cry:

Neo Emolga
08-16-2004, 06:25 PM
Yeah, I think Mana is right. Using Breeding and Move Tutor moves would definitely put a new aspect on the game, since there are many unique moves that can only be obtained through those means.

I think it should be highly considered...

Jhem
08-16-2004, 06:31 PM
Yeah, I think Mana is right. Using Breeding and Move Tutor moves would definitely put a new aspect on the game, since there are many unique moves that can only be obtained through those means.

I think it should be highly considered...

THANK YOU NP! lol. I wonder how far this will go. I think this might get passed if enough people like the idea :-P

Tamer San
08-16-2004, 06:32 PM
I have figured out a way for a Move Tutore Center...when I perfect it I will propose it to the URPG!

vellyvell
08-16-2004, 06:42 PM
Well my reccomendation is under consideration, My dodrio might be a killing machine
And I agree with what was said.

silverfrost
08-16-2004, 06:44 PM
I agree with the breeding moves issue.

Also, yeah, the activity here is declining. I wouldn't say that it's mainly the URPG, either, but the forums as a whole. I'm just posting here to say that I'd like to attend the meeting, if it's even held. Hopefully, there's a way to deal with the inactivity, because the URPG rocks, and I'd hate to see it fail completely...

mlugia
08-16-2004, 06:47 PM
In terms of Move tutor, since they are FRLG's way of saying TMs, would they not be allowed when FRLG comes out in the fall? (Like, buying a TM and using it, since Move Tutors in FRLG are basically TMs in RBY... so like, wtf? :p)

Fyi, the breeding suggestion was this:

Item: Pocket Breeder (Or whatever fancy name)
$10,000 (adjustable)
Effect:
1) Max of 2 may be equipped to each pokemon (One use Item, btw).
2) Effect of a TM. Teaches the pokemon one of its breeding moves.

Basically, get breeding moves via the same idea behind a TM?

Jhem
08-16-2004, 06:56 PM
hmm yeah sounds like en effective non-cheap way of doing it. And maybe with move tutor, you can only learn ONE move tutor move.. like it is in FR/LG

mlugia
08-16-2004, 07:01 PM
Well, a lot of games have solo TMs too, but all you got to do is trade a pokemon to a diff version, restart the game, and work to the move tutor again to get that move on a diff mon, so it's not all that hard (tedius maybe) and definately not against the rules...

Matthew
08-16-2004, 08:14 PM
and Dap... I think your tourney is starting to fall apart is because there were too many people to begin with... with that many peeps participating your are bound to get a few that lose interest... just my two cents... and as for that Pocket Breeder, that is a good idea! Though... 10,000 is a little too much... you think? Maybe 7500 or 8000? And for the breed moves.... arent' they already TM's purchasable? So if they are learnable as move tutor... you should b able to teach them. And just create the elemental hyperbeams as TM's for how ever much Hyper Beam TM is.

BladeCyberstrike
08-16-2004, 08:25 PM
Hmmm..... About the breeding... That actually could be done. I saw the way that the VPP/PVP works, and it is about posts. Yes, it would take a rather long time to do, but say, you put two Pokemon in a breeding center. After, say, 100 posts, they lay an egg. You get the egg, and after, say, 50 posts, it hatches. For each, say, 20 posts after that, it learns 1 breeding move. Something along those lines, maybe. I've noticed that not many refs are on. I may be new here overall, but I like this place. Maybe you could get some sites to post a link, like advertising, or something. My site would be willing, but... The members that it attracts are not PE2K material. THey join up, then never post, and it is getting really annoying... Even when they are on! I can't even entice them with rare, legendary status things!!! *sighs, and pats shiney Charmander on the head* I love this place, and though I won't be on as much when school starts, I think that people here are lazy, to a degree... Hey, look at me! I'm a decently active member of about 3 forums, and I run my own forums, plus maintain a homepage for it, draw, write fanfiction, and yet I STILL manage to be decently active here, even it I did only join recently. I don't want to see this place fade to nothing, like my site is doing, and my life is doing... I get depresses a lot of late, and places like this are the only places that I can escape the darkness of my life, to be free in the light of joy. I admit that I have problems with my life, and I see professionals about it. They are glad that I have places like this to turn to when my life gets bad. I come here and battle, or just talk, or stuff, when I feel the urge to do things... Like hurt myself... PE2K has helped me to avoid cutting myself many times in the short amount of time that I have been here, because I can turn to the kind people here for friendship. I don't want to see a wonderful place like this go down, and I will do all that I can to help keep it going strong, if not strong, then going strong enough to survive a few more years, at least. I'm going to be a Sophomore in High School this year, yet I still love Pokemon. People like me will help the site, and remain dedicated to it.

Dr Scott
08-17-2004, 01:18 AM
Okay, I might not be active, but I still care about this place, and I think I have a say. It's pretty sad no moderators don't reply to something talking about this places fate...

Heh, I've been here, well, since it was the original yahoo group... We've been through a lot. A hella lot. We got deleted, came back... we're pretty much dead, so Flare brought us here to the forums. We've been "dead" before. We always come back. So far. But you've gotta notice that most of the mod's are as they *ahem* we where once called "vets" or whatever it was... I don't remember... anyways, they've all been in it for a long time too. Ahhh, problem. We're getting old. Too old for mon, that is. We got other thigns to do. Drive, study, date, mate... *Ahem* anyways... what we need is for one of you younger generation to take over. Start taking some kind of charge. Just like Dire did to Rider, Figgy did to Dire, Flare did to Figgy, Leppy did to Flare... Our time is over, I think... I mean, I'm always open to YIM's (Gotenks2610) and general chatting, but I'm not gunna RP anymore. It's what's called a Naz complex. Yes, I made that up...

TOO... MUCH... SERIOUSNESS! *Beheads everyone listening*

All your base are belong to,
Scott

Lord Celebi
08-17-2004, 01:58 AM
Okay, I might not be active, but I still care about this place, and I think I have a say. It's pretty sad no moderators don't reply to something talking about this places fate...

Heh, I've been here, well, since it was the original yahoo group... We've been through a lot. A hella lot. We got deleted, came back... we're pretty much dead, so Flare brought us here to the forums. We've been "dead" before. We always come back. So far. But you've gotta notice that most of the mod's are as they *ahem* we where once called "vets" or whatever it was... I don't remember... anyways, they've all been in it for a long time too. Ahhh, problem. We're getting old. Too old for mon, that is. We got other thigns to do. Drive, study, date, mate... *Ahem* anyways... what we need is for one of you younger generation to take over. Start taking some kind of charge. Just like Dire did to Rider, Figgy did to Dire, Flare did to Figgy, Leppy did to Flare... Our time is over, I think... I mean, I'm always open to YIM's (Gotenks2610) and general chatting, but I'm not gunna RP anymore. It's what's called a Naz complex. Yes, I made that up...

TOO... MUCH... SERIOUSNESS! *Beheads everyone listening*

All your base are belong to,
Scott
*cough**cough**cough* Aherm *Glowing signs point to me*

It did start dieing After Lookie Died. I say bring back lookie! Really, we just need to advertise! I can find cheap ways for the URPG and PE2K to do this!

Also, my idea on breeding: There's a topic where someone's the owner of the Day Care Center. You put 2 Pokemon there that are compatible and breed them. You get an egg and you need to win a certain amount of battles with it in your party (Like if you played 2 on 2, you could only use 1 Pokemon, the other would be an egg). Then it hatches and it has one egg move (That you choose) and has 3 other moves it inherits from its parents. Wait a sec... I'm gonna go propose this...

Caite-chan
08-17-2004, 03:31 AM
I will make it plain and simple....NO!

Why: Because you can't even keep up with the WAR much less be a leader of the URPG.

Neo Emolga
08-17-2004, 03:34 AM
*cough**cough**cough* Aherm *Glowing signs point to me*

It did start dieing After Lookie Died. I say bring back lookie! Really, we just need to advertise! I can find cheap ways for the URPG and PE2K to do this!

Also, my idea on breeding: There's a topic where someone's the owner of the Day Care Center. You put 2 Pokemon there that are compatible and breed them. You get an egg and you need to win a certain amount of battles with it in your party (Like if you played 2 on 2, you could only use 1 Pokemon, the other would be an egg). Then it hatches and it has one egg move (That you choose) and has 3 other moves it inherits from its parents. Wait a sec... I'm gonna go propose this...

Rust, the Lookie thread had absolutely nothing to do with the URPG. The reason why it was locked because it had become nothing but spam for the longest time. Honestly, I highly doubt that it's disappearance accounts for the decline in activity of the URPG.

As for your proposition, I like Mana's idea better, it's not as complicated and it's not as demanding as your idea is. And again, many times before the breeding capability has been tried and it's too hard. Also, getting those breeding moves would require someone to have to start new with a whole new Pokemon. It sounds easy at first but it might get pretty complicated later on...

HKim
08-17-2004, 04:36 AM
Well Dap, the tournament isn't over yet. I'll be on the lookout for Matt.

Scott is right though, the forum members do need to take on more responsibility within the URPG, just like Dap and his tournament. I was talking to Flare though, and I think we should let him speak before doing anything drastic. He has something on his mind.

Lord Celebi
08-17-2004, 04:44 AM
Shane: Some people still hate me, and stop hating me for liking the team I'm on.

DP: Read my thread, my idea was more elaborate, and the lookie thing was a joke.

Half a Dollar
08-17-2004, 05:14 AM
Yes rust, the Lookie was a joke thread. But, did it had anything to do with the UPRG? No.

The activity of the forum, not just the UPRG is declining.

I love the Breeding Idea, prolly how about a Move Tutor too?

Raddstealth316
08-17-2004, 01:06 PM
So we have all agreed upon the fact that the urpg is declining but we need to work together to find out how to stop it so as I said in my first post, would a meeting be suitable then?

JoshE
08-17-2004, 01:38 PM
I'm not sure we can stop it. The fate of the URPG and the forum are connected. Changes are needed though.

Tamer San
08-17-2004, 01:40 PM
I agree on the meeting, and I guess it should be sometime on a Saturday or a Friday...

mlugia
08-17-2004, 03:28 PM
Indeed, a meeting would be useful, but we need either Jack or Marth AT the meeting too =/

Jack of Clovers
08-17-2004, 04:42 PM
ok, who let crazy Scott out of his cage? :goofy:

yes, it's school time. we had a rush during summer and things are cooling down. people are taking last minute vacations or whatever before school comes. The URPG may be slower, but it is still active.
and meetings are hard because we all have different times that we can be on. scheduling them is difficult...

~Jack~

Tamer San
08-17-2004, 04:46 PM
Well Jack, I guess we can make a meeting and scedual (Sp?) one. We can use GMT time zone since it is intternational...we can still figure things out...

Raddstealth316
08-17-2004, 06:41 PM
ATTENTION URPGERS

It is now confirmed. The meeting time is on Saturday 21st August {this Saturday} at 5pm Eastern Time. I expect a vast majority to turn up.

That is all.

AbXtreme
08-17-2004, 06:59 PM
meh do i have to, i gotta be in 5pm before my *piece of crap brother* comes on. But if i must. :devious:

Raddstealth316
08-17-2004, 07:05 PM
meh do i have to, i gotta be in 5pm before my *piece of crap brother* comes on. But if i must. :devious:

No ab you don't have to it's just discussing the fate of the URPG nothing important :rolleyes:

:tongue:

Seriously I advise you to so that you have a say.

Lord Celebi
08-17-2004, 08:35 PM
Yes rust, the Lookie was a joke thread. But, did it had anything to do with the UPRG? No.

The activity of the forum, not just the UPRG is declining.

I love the Breeding Idea, prolly how about a Move Tutor too?
I meant bringing back lookie was a joke.

I'm glad you also like my breeding idea.

I may be able to attend the meeting, I might be doing things I havent done yet this summer that I want to do, school starts in a week.

Marth
08-17-2004, 08:48 PM
There is nothing to blame but everyone here. No one has the responsability of this. I think it's because we got tired of refering/fighting the same people ALL the time, there aren't many new URPGers.
I remember when I had my OWN club/forum. It was called pokemon fans 2000. And it became a huge monster, with more than 60 ACTIVE members. And know why? Because every newbie was sent this task: Tell a friend/stranger about this RPG, and make him join.
How? I went to Yahoo Chats, searched for a pokémon Chat, and tell everyone: Hey, I'm creating this club. it's going to be great,blah blah blah. And, before you knowed, they joined my club.
Maybe if we promise ourselves: Search for a new URPGer, EACH ONE of us, active members, we could make this place a little bit more active.
And make more refs! I recall the old "Refering School", created by stripeduck and me.
I think the war, instead of uniting us, has been separating us. Most people hate other teams, for whatever reason it is.
Jack, please post here.
And I agree, dap.

JoshE
08-17-2004, 09:14 PM
There is nothing to blame but everyone here. No one has the responsability of this. I think it's because we got tired of refering/fighting the same people ALL the time, there aren't many new URPGers.
I remember when I had my OWN club/forum. It was called pokemon fans 2000. And it became a huge monster, with more than 60 ACTIVE members. And know why? Because every newbie was sent this task: Tell a friend/stranger about this RPG, and make him join.
How? I went to Yahoo Chats, searched for a pokémon Chat, and tell everyone: Hey, I'm creating this club. it's going to be great,blah blah blah. And, before you knowed, they joined my club.
Maybe if we promise ourselves: Search for a new URPGer, EACH ONE of us, active members, we could make this place a little bit more active.
And make more refs! I recall the old "Refering School", created by stripeduck and me.
I think the war, instead of uniting us, has been separating us. Most people hate other teams, for whatever reason it is.
Jack, please post here.
And I agree, dap.

Great Idea! I completly agree. We need to take it apon ourselves to make the URPG Grow.

mlugia
08-17-2004, 09:45 PM
Oh, I just remembered

isnt there this registering problem that plagues the forum somewhat, so members can't post after they join?

BladeCyberstrike
08-17-2004, 10:45 PM
Yes. I was unfortunate enough to not be able to post for a while, but I can now.

Raddstealth316
08-17-2004, 10:49 PM
Just to make it clear because a few people asked me, it will be on Aol instant messanger.

Dr Scott
08-17-2004, 11:14 PM
Ahhh, you all are wrong! The Lookie Thread has a lot to do with this place. What it has degenarated into, maybe not, but yes, it does have a lot. Pure 100% moning is enough to make any man/woman/ kid/ leprachaun crazy. Some of us are already though... Anyways, for as long as I can remember, posts of people making fun of other people (for fun) have been a part of this place amigig. Random killing, making fun of Figgy, making groups called SCGKT, beheading people in power. Just look at Naz! ... anyways, it's a way of bringing people together. It needs to be more of a family.

Someone'd ask you to battle, afterwards you'd talk with him... maybe that's the problem, lack of communication. Right off the bat when I joined, I talked to everyone I could, Figgy, Dire, anyone. They all welcomed me with arms wide (With a knife in their back pocket, but that's different...). Now, not only that there were the conferences. Unity is a key ingredient. If you don't like your fellow rpger, how can we prosper? I found that in the forums there is a lot more drama and hate... not to say that the old group didn't... (Cough Figgy/ Rider Cough) (Cough Marmar hating everyone that's not Figgy Cough)...

OH! OH! Other problem. Some have YIM, some AIM. At this moment I dno't have AIM, thusly I can't contact most people here.

Conclusion of all the confusing crap: Bring Back Lookie, but add a hug or two in it.

From the last person you'd think would talk about Togetherness,

Scott

Lord Celebi
08-18-2004, 12:31 AM
Ahhh, you all are wrong! The Lookie Thread has a lot to do with this place. What it has degenarated into, maybe not, but yes, it does have a lot. Pure 100% moning is enough to make any man/woman/ kid/ leprachaun crazy. Some of us are already though... Anyways, for as long as I can remember, posts of people making fun of other people (for fun) have been a part of this place amigig. Random killing, making fun of Figgy, making groups called SCGKT, beheading people in power. Just look at Naz! ... anyways, it's a way of bringing people together. It needs to be more of a family.

Someone'd ask you to battle, afterwards you'd talk with him... maybe that's the problem, lack of communication. Right off the bat when I joined, I talked to everyone I could, Figgy, Dire, anyone. They all welcomed me with arms wide (With a knife in their back pocket, but that's different...). Now, not only that there were the conferences. Unity is a key ingredient. If you don't like your fellow rpger, how can we prosper? I found that in the forums there is a lot more drama and hate... not to say that the old group didn't... (Cough Figgy/ Rider Cough) (Cough Marmar hating everyone that's not Figgy Cough)...

OH! OH! Other problem. Some have YIM, some AIM. At this moment I dno't have AIM, thusly I can't contact most people here.

Conclusion of all the confusing crap: Bring Back Lookie, but add a hug or two in it.

From the last person you'd think would talk about Togetherness,

Scott
I second that motion! Except, this lookiw will have less spam and have it a rule you need to kill at least 1 person in your post. lol.

Caite-chan
08-18-2004, 12:52 AM
Were trying to get the place back and up and running and all you people care about is the Lookie Thread. It was nothing but, a SPAM fest. Stop worrying about some stupid SPAM thread.

Dr Scott
08-18-2004, 01:03 AM
Way back when, before spams, it was a attraction. People talked about it. "In the lookie thread.." Hell, it was the only thing I found fun... It has as much to do with bringing it back as anything else does. Breeding? That'll sure help, I'll be sure to come back to Breed! Oh, wait, your talking about mon...

Well, Breeding has less draw then Lookie comign back to power, methinks... Just becuase some of you are too stiff to have FUN! *Mumble Mumble*

VIVA LA NAZ,
Scott

Caite-chan
08-18-2004, 01:07 AM
Just drop it....there are more importiant things than a Lookie thread.

Lord Celebi
08-18-2004, 01:21 AM
Just drop it....there are more importiant things than a Lookie thread.
All work and no play makes Shane a dull boy.

Dr Scott
08-18-2004, 01:23 AM
Ahhhh, yes. Like breeding. Right.

Anyways, like I said, too much drama. Too much anger. Not at all like a family! Now, I've come up with my ideas. Put some new upstart smart person as a leader person and mold them into takign it over. What happened to Shroomy? She woulda worked...

If ANYONE has ANY better ideas then bringing back Lookie/ Breeding, now might be the time to share.

Hell, we'll live... I think I heard Figgy say that it picks up at school time, actually...

Anyone have any idea how to bring the rest of the Forumites into it? Or new people, for that matter?

VIVA LA BEHEADING,
BHK

Lord Celebi
08-18-2004, 01:28 AM
Ahhhh, yes. Like breeding. Right.

Anyways, like I said, too much drama. Too much anger. Not at all like a family! Now, I've come up with my ideas. Put some new upstart smart person as a leader person and mold them into takign it over. What happened to Shroomy? She woulda worked...

If ANYONE has ANY better ideas then bringing back Lookie/ Breeding, now might be the time to share.

Hell, we'll live... I think I heard Figgy say that it picks up at school time, actually...

Anyone have any idea how to bring the rest of the Forumites into it? Or new people, for that matter?

VIVA LA BEHEADING,
BHK
Advertise somewhere. Find a sucessful forum to mooch off of for advertising. Behead People who arent coming.

Caite-chan
08-18-2004, 02:48 AM
All work and no play makes Shane a dull boy.

Yeah that would make me a dull boy.....if I was one. To bad I'm a GIRL!!!

You just don't pay attention do you rust. By the way stop trying to become leader of everything. You won't become a WAR leader and yo usure as hell won't be an URPG leader. You couldn't even hold Aqua-Frost in the WAR much less be a WAR leader.

Lord Celebi
08-18-2004, 02:53 AM
Yeah that would make me a dull boy.....if I was one. To bad I'm a GIRL!!!

You just don't pay attention do you rust. By the way stop trying to become leader of everything. You won't become a WAR leader and yo usure as hell won't be an URPG leader. You couldn't even hold Aqua-Frost in the WAR much less be a WAR leader.
Very Misleadng, as you're known as Shane and/or tony.

And the only reason you're saying that is because you're jealous I actually have FUN on Aqua-Frost. That, Shane/Tony/Whatever the hell you're real name is is where and why you fail.

koolcurtis
08-18-2004, 02:56 AM
Ok, i'm here! :cool:

The problem i see is that nobody can get into the forum. I had to post a starter pkmn for someone today cause they can't post yet.

Also BHK is right, people don't really talk to other people. Some battles are boring cause all they do is battle and there isn't much talking or jokes being said. I would understand if the battle was very important and they needed to concentrate, but I usually see lake of talking. Now I do tell people not to talk when i ref sometimes, but that's because there's like 10 people in the room and i need to be able to find the stats i posted.

What's up with talking about breeding moves in here? There is another thread for it. :tongue:

And it is true about hatred. People hate me for doing my job, and i can't change that but if i see abuse, it's my job to stop it. I don't really care if people hate me, cause like bhk said, this isn't a very friendly place anymore.

Anyways, i'll try to be at the meeting. I might have some stuff to do. Been doing soccer tryouts this week. :biggrin:

If you can't be at the meeting, then try to talk to someone that will be there. Maybe you can send that person a message saying what you want brought up in the meeting. :confused:

I may have more things to say in here later, and please.....please DON'T post the whole meeting in a thread in here. If you want to post what happened, then post the key points, not the whole chat.

Edit: PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC. thx

Dr Scott
08-18-2004, 03:01 AM
*Mumbles* Me, the mature one...

Anyways, you two, arguing is what we don't need. If we are going to bring this place back together it helps if your working with someone you like... so try to like each other. Making fun of each other isn't helping. Even less then bringing back Lookie (Thoguh it's a good thing...)

Okay, Miss Tony, please don't make fun of Rust.

Rust, please don't make fun of Miss Tony.

NOW KISS AND MAKE OU... UP!

Your diplomatic challenged friend,
Scott

Caite-chan
08-18-2004, 03:05 AM
Okay if I fail so much then explain to me why when the two of us sign up for the samething......I'M the one that gets choosen for the job and not you!

Lord Celebi
08-18-2004, 03:05 AM
*Mumbles* Me, the mature one...

Anyways, you two, arguing is what we don't need. If we are going to bring this place back together it helps if your working with someone you like... so try to like each other. Making fun of each other isn't helping. Even less then bringing back Lookie (Thoguh it's a good thing...)

Okay, Miss Tony, please don't make fun of Rust.

Rust, please don't make fun of Miss Tony.

NOW KISS AND MAKE OU... UP!

Your diplomatic challenged friend,
Scott
I wasnt making fun of her, I was just pointing out that she is jealous of how carefree and fun-having a child like me can be.

And that Ou better stand for ouch... Cause if not, I'll use your own swords to behead ya.

Shane, I was talking about how jealous you are of how much I have fun, not who gets the better job.
*Continues looking for Beanie Babies to finsih McDonalds Collecting on Ebay*

Scorch Ry
08-18-2004, 03:10 AM
Curtis, from what I see here, the only changes are in prices and adding mon/taking mon from the Pokemart. The tournaments are good, but this URPG is starting to get boring...it really is. Many people know I love to battle, but I am starting to bored with this.

Breeding Moves NEED to happen, along with other things that are fun, because eventually, the URPG won't exist. I understand about jokes and stuff, but some people are joking-type. People don't have the same feelings and want concentration, like myself. I don't like it when people joke because it blows me off and I can sometimes get too upset. Most people are jokey, but I don't like jokes. People can have talking. I can't. Curtis, realize that everyone isn't the same. If they want talk, the person should tell them to talk. Otherwise, they should remain quiet.

And I don't know why people hate you, because I see nothing wrong. Although, more needs to happen. Have special offerings, Breeding Machines, various activities, something to give URPG a new taste of fun. Eventually, people will start leaving the URPG and soon it will be no more. But, from what I see, you and Lep only change prices and do minor things that are helping only a little. Taking Snorlax out of the Pokemart was good because too many URPGers are making them to where they can beat basically any mon if used correctly. Honestly, Snorlax are starting to become a normal-type version of Mewtwo in my opinion, and putting it there in the first place was a huge mistake im my opinion. This is how I feel, so I don't want anyone coming after me about this Snorlax issue.

But trust me, Curtis...you need to get more Vets as mods because they were the first to be here, and would be active. I'm not saying that you and Lep aren't active, but the Veterans are more active than you two, so I'm guessing that more would get done and the URPG might have a chance. And THIS is on-topic because its all relating to the URPG.

mlugia
08-18-2004, 03:12 AM
BeheadingKing: I don't really know you do I :O What a fun guy you sound like... That is Fun Guy, not fungi.
Anyways, Shroomie, like you said in your first post, had somewhat outgrown the URPG, since this is the year she goes off to college and stuff or osmething. Thinking of the future, growing up, it's a pain in the butt

Curt: Good luck with soccer tryouts O_O Score 50 goals!

Half a Dollar
08-18-2004, 03:18 AM
Hehe Aley, you are right.

Breeding moves are one thing. But, what about the Poke-Park thing that Bron made? That never worked, because of inactivity. =\

Lookie was Spam Palace, however, was very fun. I must agree with Scott, the Lookie Thread was a very good place to bring one another together, (or kill eachother, it was their choice)

Also, tournies and the story competioton shouldn't be the only way to get legends. =X

I made something up while typing this.

for every 5 battles you do, you get 1 Power Point.

this is the prizes for getting PP's.

5- Item of Choice
25-Basic Pokemon for Choice from Pokemart
35-Basic Pokemon for Choice from Pokemart and Pokemon needed by stroy catching.
50-A Non Uber Legend.
75-A Legend of Choice.

by Doing that, we get more actvitiy for the UPRG.

Well, that's my 3 cents.

Lord Celebi
08-18-2004, 03:21 AM
Hehe Aley, you are right.

Breeding moves are one thing. But, what about the Poke-Park thing that Bron made? That never worked, because of inactivity. =\

Lookie was Spam Palace, however, was very fun. I must agree with Scott, the Lookie Thread was a very good place to bring one another together, (or kill eachother, it was their choice)

Also, tournies and the story competioton shouldn't be the only way to get legends. =X

I made something up while typing this.

for every 5 battles you do, you get 1 Power Point.

this is the prizes for getting PP's.

5- Item of Choice
35-Basic Pokemon for Choice from Pokemart and Pokemon needed by stroy catching.
50-A Non Uber Legend.
75-A Legend of Choice.

by Doing that, we get more actvitiy for the UPRG.

Well, that's my 3 cents.
That may work, but we have money already.

Half a Dollar
08-18-2004, 03:26 AM
However Rust, money isn't needed for anything. You can't
use money for getting Story Catching Pokemon and Legends.

=\

Scorch Ry
08-18-2004, 03:27 AM
That's interesting, Nick. I think that Bron's idea was excellent: Having a Safari Zone. You could get a few mon that are on the Pokemart list, not the majority aren't. They could battle with the mon, with a ref randomly choosing what the wild mon does by a dice roll in a chatroom, and in the forum. I know, this is crappy, but it is a start. And, as Lep said plenty of times, everything has pros and cons. But, we cannot just look at everything like that because they won't happen. I'm not saying that everything is perfect, but everything that needs to happen isn't being put INTO action, which makes us URPGers angry. Honestly, I'm ready for this meeting because trust me: I am going to try my best and make sure that activities are going to happen.

Lord Celebi
08-18-2004, 03:27 AM
However Rust, money isn't needed for anything. You can't
use money for getting Story Catching Pokemon and Legends.

=\
I know, but they could be added to the Mart for an extremely high price.

Half a Dollar
08-18-2004, 03:29 AM
First of all Rust, back up to tell me that any mod would do that? =\

Scorch Ry
08-18-2004, 03:31 AM
Well, every idea can be worked on and be edited a little, because like I always say, "A cat can do anything if it sets aside and think". Rust, ideas can be made, and what the mods of the URPG SHOULD BE DOING is having meetings with Vets and other URPG, take their ideas and make these things happen. Honestly, we are passing up too many ideas that can we worked on. So, Dap, look forward to me in the meeting because I'll be there. >:E

Half a Dollar
08-18-2004, 03:32 AM
Hell yah, you can count me in the meeting aswell.

Dr Scott
08-18-2004, 03:32 AM
Aley (I'll call you that cus I'm lazy, hope you don't mind), I understand what your talking about, but the whole talk when told to talk is to... strict sorta. I mean, I understand sometimes it's neccessary... but without talking friends are not made, and fun is not had, isn't that what this is all about? Soem take it like too much of a competition, which will lead to drama and the people leaving/ this place to go BOOM in a hurry. The owner people don't have time to see how everyone is different and changing it like that, just how most like it.

Also, Curt and Lep are only needed to OK things. They are fine where they are. You don't have to be a mod to help out, take a little charge, and stuff.

As for Shroomie... I thought she was younger/ same age as me... adn I'm only a Junior... Yeah, younger, cus I bragged about driving... huh... I understand her. I'm over Mon, just not this place. Home is where the... uhh... internet takes me? College does suck... IT TOOK JOSE!

I may not know if I'm a fun guy, but I do know that I'm crazy... And I may not be the smartest in the head, but I do know my bum is smart. *Choosing words carefully... kids are here to...* I don't think I know's you m, but I forget a lot...

Nick, that'll either work well or bomb really badly =P

My Nickle, (Instead of two cents... nevermind...),
Scott

Edit Thingy: Errr... whose the vets? I remember when they used to call teh senior Ultra/Ultimate members like me'n Lep and Fair adn stuff "Vets" or somethign liek that... I'd like to be called Czar, though...

Another Edit: Yeah, by ok, I mean like the president. THey are the figurehead and make the final decisions and stuff. I know they do stuff, but most of it you could do even if you weren't, with that OK I was talking about from Leppy and my SCGKT buddy. *Beheads Everyone* The God of Beheading has returned! Sorta...

Scorch Ry
08-18-2004, 03:38 AM
SuperScott, I understand perfectly, but you must realize that everyone isn't the same. I can take talking when I am feeling happy, but then it gets carried away. As for Lep and Curtis, they are only to OK things? They do more things than that, if I'm understanding you correctly. Possibly re-phrase what you meant. As yes, more mods are needed like Vets because they are used to this and could help out Lep and Curtis. I mean, there are only two mods that can agree to OK things, but a few Vets could weigh the decisions as well. (This is really becoming exciting, finally chatting about what needs to be done. ^_^)

BTW: Yes, people call me Aley: The King of Lions. ^_^ Or, just call me Aley, SuperScott or SpSc. ^_^

[Fair]
08-18-2004, 04:14 AM
Ok, I've read all five pages of this thread, and I have a few things to say...

First, it's great to see that you're posting again, Scott! WELCOME BACK, BUDDY! *Puts On Iron Neck Brace* I MISSED YA!

Second, I've noticed that lately, the forums as a whole have sorta been going downhill... They've been getting boring. It would help if Elite was a little more active, but, meh, what are ya going to do?

Third, what's wrong with bringing the "Lookie" thread back? Sure, it was SPAM city, but it was also fun... And really, in the end, shouldn't that be what this place is about? We need to stop worrying about the rules so much and just enjoy ourselves! I'd unlock the "Lookie" thread right now, if another mod or two agreed with me. (My experience as a WAR Leader has taught me to always wait for a majority vote before doing something major... :silly:)

Fourth, I like your point idea, Nick... It's definitely promising. But, what's stopping members from doing several 1 On 1 battles to get up to 75 points faster? (Last time I checked, Multi-Battling is still a problem in the URPG. Don't get discouraged, though... With a few changes in your plan, it could actually happen. (I really like how it rewards active members...)

Fifth, Tony, in your earlier post, did you really suggest that members who become inactive should lose everything? (WTF?!?) So, you think that somebody who has been working 2 years to get everything they have now should lose it all just because they decided to take a break away from the URPG?

Sixth, DANG YOU ALL! WHY SATURDAY?!? WHY!!!?!?!?!??? I'll be away killing my friends in a big End-Of-Summer Halo Party all day! Grrr... >_<

Seventh, there is no seventh thing. (HA! MADE YA LOOK!)

Eighth, I agree that there should be more unique events going on in the URPG. I was on to something with my Easter Egg Hunt, and there's nothing that says I can't do more events based around holidays/important days. (How about a free item raffle on Thanksgiving? A scary story contest on Halloween? Some sort of Voting event on November 2nd? (Election Day) An item giveaway on Christmas?) Seriously, I've got tons of great ideas for events that I could do...

Ninth, I agree with Scott - we need to bring this community back together. How about weekly chats? I'd like to see the ref school start back up again, too. (I have fond memories from when I went to the old one. :wink:)

Tenth, HA! GOTCHA AGAIN! YOU KEEP FALLING FOR IT! HAHAHAHAHA! PWNed!

Your Bob Dole Worshiping Moderator,
[Fair]

Half a Dollar
08-18-2004, 04:37 AM
Lol, hmm..

HEY I KNOW!

You may do 1on1 battles for the PP Points! :D

However, the point system is different for you 1on1er's.

the Prize's points are doubled, That stop the vast majority of multibattling.

so

1on1

10 points-Item of Choice
50-Basic Pokemon for Choice from Pokemart
70-Basic Pokemon for Choice from Pokemart and Pokemon needed by story catching.
100-A Non Uber Legend.
150-A Legend of Choice

2on2 and up
5-Item of Choice
35-Basic Pokemon for Choice from Pokemart and Pokemon needed by story catching.
50-A Non Uber Legend.
75-A Legend of Choice

and instead of 1, the ref may choose how much power points they get, ranging from 1-3. :D

Caite-chan
08-18-2004, 04:43 AM
No I mean people with like less than 10 posts.

There are people whojoined with very and I mean very little posts joined URPG have only 1 Pokčmon and haven't done anything sence.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1103&postcount=22
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1141&postcount=23
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1534&postcount=27
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1842&postcount=29
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1842&postcount=30
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1842&postcount=32
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1842&postcount=39
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1842&postcount=48
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1842&postcount=52
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1842&postcount=55
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1842&postcount=57 Banned!
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1842&postcount=58
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1842&postcount=61
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1842&postcount=63
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1842&postcount=65
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1842&postcount=66
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1842&postcount=70
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1842&postcount=73
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1842&postcount=76
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1842&postcount=78
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1842&postcount=82
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1842&postcount=84
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1842&postcount=87
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1842&postcount=91
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1842&postcount=92
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1842&postcount=100
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1842&postcount=108
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1842&postcount=109
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1842&postcount=111
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1842&postcount=113
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1842&postcount=115
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1842&postcount=118
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1842&postcount=120

You can't tell me that's not a lot of people.

Dr Scott
08-18-2004, 04:48 AM
Nick, it might work but the stuff needs to cost more points, or too many people'd have legends by now... Or maybe take legends off. They are like uber special, can't be bought, that's like buying *Shrugs* Just my thoughts, others might care more, the one's still RPing that is =P

Also Tony, that's not a lot of people...

*Hides behind random couch...* I'M SORRY! I DIDN'T MEAN IT... please dno't redrum me...

EDIT: I was being funny, Tony. I know that's a lot... it's humor, you said you can't tell me so I did... O_O

With beheadings,
Scott

Caite-chan
08-18-2004, 04:49 AM
That's 30+ people right there....how can you tell me that's not a lot.

Half a Dollar
08-18-2004, 04:52 AM
however Scott, Ppl don't like doing those stuff, like me. XD

It's a great way of helping the UPRG a lott...

^_^

Matthew
08-18-2004, 05:56 AM
Hmmm... That is a good idea Nick... but like Scott said, rework it so you take off Legendaries... those are supposed to be absolutely posatively extremely hard to get.

JohtoTrainer
08-18-2004, 01:04 PM
Nick, I don't like the Legendary part, Legend's are suppposed to be HARD to get, not battle 1v1's and get Legends that's just not right. I think most of us refs, are getting lazy (ESPECIALLY ME) We need to ref more to get this place back up and running again, we need to ref like Nin used to, ref ref ref ref all the time. THAT'S why he has 2 bajillion dollars and counting.

PS> Curt, jack if u need me to help with nething just ask :P

Jack of Clovers
08-18-2004, 04:23 PM
a day later and 3 more pages... yikes. and Dux, i did post once already.

now what was i gonna say... hmmm. oh, right. :tongue:

nick- i don't think that points system would be needed. we have the Pokemart, stories, auctions and (if Bron helps again) the Park. there are enough different ways to get Pokemon right now. plus that system is too easy of an idea and im sure people will take advantage of it by not even trying to win in 2v2 battles just so they can get the easier points.

as for the meeting time, well, i suggested it so i better be there. :goofy:

uh, what else... i know. tony- inactive members aren't hurting anyone. just leave them alone.

lookie- maybe it can come back, with rules this time. it ended up as spam central just so people can get post counts :silenced:

heres my suggestion for bringing the URPG members closer. back at yahoo days, we all went to the same chatroom to talk or have fun (or destroy each other like the lookie thread). the forum has it, PE2K Chat. how about an URPG Chat on AIM more closly related to the URPG. ya, that's what i thought, good idea. i know, genius comes to mind. :oops:

as far as new development, i would like to see breeding and the park introduced but they will take some time. the bugs have to be worked out.

can't wait for saturday. hope to see ya'll there.

~Jack~

Half a Dollar
08-18-2004, 06:18 PM
I was thnking of that Jack, and I came up with a descion.

The one who wins gets the points. =\ How about that?

And, some ppl have a life and can't do that much battling ans making sotries, like me. I don't have time for making them. It makes less stress for the ppl in the UPRG. =\

JohtoTrainer
08-18-2004, 06:56 PM
Well u shouldnt be in the URPG if u don't have time to battle and write stories, that's like the whole point of the URPG lol ._.

Scorch Ry
08-18-2004, 07:59 PM
Yes, URPG Stories are one of the most major activities here. Many people say they cannot write, but all you have to do is read other stories and learn how to. This how how hard mon can be possibly caught, for instance, my Aerodactyl and JT's Porygon (Now Porygon2). This section is all about effort, Nick.

JohtoTrainer
08-18-2004, 08:03 PM
Yea, I always tell people that I can't write, but then I actually caught a Porygon I thought it was a miracle. lol

mlugia
08-19-2004, 03:30 AM
Beheadingking: No, we never met, also, I found out Shroomie isn't going to college, but rather to HS grade 12 >_> I apparently misunderstood her when she said she was planning for college ._.

Dr Scott
08-19-2004, 04:19 AM
Bah, never say you can't write stories... you should see my stories, go up from one page hell's, to 10 (EDIT: Okay, much more'n that, but... Oh, and my huge ass story I was gunna post that was 2/3 finished that I was gunna capture like 10 mon in was deleted... DAMN YOU MICROSOFT!!!) paged hand cramps =-P. That's about what it took for my Aero... demanding graders. You shoulda saw them when it was just starting... they were like 2 sentences.

Also, I wasn't completely right either, guess she is a little older'n me... Hmmm.... maybe she just didn't have her liscense when I talked to her...

The world may never understand,
Scott

P.S.: Does this mean I'm back? *Hmmm*

Matthew
08-19-2004, 07:47 AM
HEh... writting for stories is difficult, and a tedious task... haven't written one in so long! I am writting a story for a Chansey... but I doubt I'll ever finish the story.. I get bored with them after awhile...

flareon008
08-21-2004, 04:01 AM
never said I was gonna disapper :P I just don't want to lead anymore lol.

A new leader is not need. The leader is suppose to make decisions that will work best for rpg. It was rough in the beginning when we moved to the forums, now look at us. The leadership position should not be taken as glory power and 'everyone will kiss your feet'. It's only needed to help the rpg for the greater good. I added mods to help with the leader in decisons and be extra pairs of eyes. Hence why kurtis has a look out tower in each section of the rpg :rolleyes: .

If anyone actually remebers, I created the lookie thread :P. It was to kill figgy but just went crazy. I agreed it went to spam central. However, everyone did have fun in that thread. It was for fun. I started complaining to pe2k a long time ago to not allow g-mod to control the Ultra section. This is our area. If you have a funny link share it! Ultra is ment for fun and the love of battle+stories. ABUSE THE FUN! ... dunno how well that will go over.

As for the players that don't do anything after recieving their starter pokemon doesn't matter. Don't sweat the small stuff.

Scott stop cursing you freak, not allowed. Flare > bhk = bhk loses again flare.

Ultra has always been an Ocean. It has it's high tides and low tides. You guys and gals are the moon. You guys can control the waves(fun). Don't worry about this right now, I know you guys are upset because this is the first low tide for the Ultra on pe2k forums. Your knew to it :P trust me. Just keep battling. Hopefull it will start up agian, people go on vactions before school starts. Mostly likey it will be back wih plenty of battles. Ultra helps pass that boring time called "homework" who does that?!

I will be at the chat room tomorrow, ask dap, I was dumb enough to think the chat was today. I thought this was saturday for some reason.

Jack of Clovers
08-21-2004, 06:39 AM
see, that's what i thought. u weren't leaving... then i thought... maybe he is leaving... but then you posted all that... i am confused no more. hurrah!

lol, watchtower. :tongue:

and my mistake, given the time of the meeting, i will be online for an hour. (didn't realize it was a bad time until yesterday :goofy:) so ill be on earlier than the scheduled time.

~Jack~

koolcurtis
08-21-2004, 08:42 AM
I'll be on cause i don't have work tomorrow :biggrin: (unless i get called in for duty :sad: ) And it's good that most people seem to be going to the meeting. Anyways see ya all there and hope you are all orginized with whatever you want to say. :drool:

Matthew
08-21-2004, 08:48 AM
Unlike you Curtis... I have work tomorrow so unfortunately I cannot attend...

Dr Scott
08-21-2004, 09:39 PM
What's all this stuff about a ocean? It seems to be all your talking about... Yeah, well, I just want somewhere to fish...

Sorry about the cursing thing, still getting used to PG stuff, sorry if I broke one of your rules Mr. Figgy JR. But how could I lose if I was never playing? Eh, it might also be nice if you dropped your little make fun of me every second thing, it's getting boring. Yes, I'll quit being an buttocks too...

Anyways, I won't be on the chat, because I can't get into AIM, and hopefully I'll have stuff to do, so if someone could do something about making sure I know what the dag nab (See, just getting used to the wordage...) is going on, that would be nice.

Scott

Raddstealth316
08-22-2004, 03:35 PM
Does anyone have a log from the meeting? I couldn’t attend due to circumstances…

Tamer San
08-22-2004, 03:44 PM
Yeah, I need it too...I was grounded XD

Jack of Clovers
08-23-2004, 08:28 PM
here's what happened while i was there for half an hour or so...

-to solve the gym league leader slowness from Fair, Shroomish will be helping Hoenn league and accepting them along with Fair.

-breeding was discussed and lots of ideas. eventually the idea came down to combining mlugia and my concepts. it will still need work before coming out.

that's all i got. i hear it died down after i left... if anyone ever wants to talk about anything, you don't need a meeting to talk to me. :wink2:

~Jack~

Techno Treecko
10-18-2004, 11:46 PM
*only read the first page, so is posting on those issues*

Okay, I'd just like to point out that the forum isn't dieing, it's just experiencing a recession. Once the fourth generation comes out, you'll probably see loads of old members and new members alike (re)joining the forum and posting like the good o'le days. Alot of us current active members (including myself) joined up back in the day when Ruby and Sapphire came out, and you'll see more good members joining when the next generation of games comes out. Just work on keeping the forum alive until that comes, people, but don't give up.

Figgy20000
10-27-2004, 06:42 PM
Can anyone here name the origional creator of the yahoo club? Just curious ^_^. The earliest days of the RPG were the funnest, I think only Nintendofreak was around back then with me, it was great. Anyways, My services are yours! I'll help the Ultra RPG gain popularity now that I'm back if you need me to.

JohtoTrainer
10-27-2004, 09:17 PM
Moon? or Dire? one of those. lol

Figgy20000
10-28-2004, 01:45 AM
Both of them were in it when it first began, but neither created it ^_^. Nintendo if you see this don't tell anyone, shhhh

JohtoTrainer
10-28-2004, 08:17 PM
Bleh then I have no idea. lol

HKim
10-29-2004, 01:59 AM
Of course, in fact, I'm doing an article on the URPG History. Man, such a soap opera back then.

Anyway, it was actually White Rider that started the Ultimate Roleplaying Game.

(Oh, and Figgy, I need to interview you. I have accounts from the others, but not you.)

JohtoTrainer
10-29-2004, 11:11 PM
AH, yea that's right. What is he a clan member? Get it, White RIder lol

Jack of Clovers
10-30-2004, 07:25 PM
lol. soap opera. interesting that two words can describe years of RP fun. heh. i'll be waiting to read the article of your's Hkim. should be fun to read. :biggrin:

~Jack~

Figgy20000
10-31-2004, 03:18 AM
I'm up for an interview, you need to start coming on when I'm on ^_^.

The Ultimate RPG was a huge soap opera for all the time it was around :P lots of stuff was always going on for the people who knew what was happening ^_^.

Dr Scott
11-12-2004, 12:44 AM
Hey, it might have been a soap opera, but it was you, Figgy, who was the center of most of the stuff.

Oh, yeah, is the history report thingy Kimmy's doing on the old group done? I wanna read it in a outsiders words. It would be funny, I'm sure. But *Sniff* you can't write down the good memories of deadly deeds and a lot of insulting with a few beheaded heads and frozen bodies and every single girl in the old yahoo group having a crush on Figgy's in words... no... it takes A CASSETTE TAPE! Now only 2,999.99...

The Grudge ROCKS!!!!
Scott --|===== The god Of Beheading

Allie
11-17-2004, 07:48 PM
Well, it's been quite a while guys. Many or probably most of you don't know who I am, but I used to be part of the URPG. I joined about a year ago and this place was probably one of the funnest I'd ever been.

One thing though...things have changed, and I've changed. I wasn't able to use my computer for lord knows how long and during that period i've lost my passion for the URPG and the forums. I don't really ever get to go online anymore as my brother has my old s/n and my mom won't let me get a new one yet cause she thinks that I got our computer a vrius. This is one of the few times I've had a chance to get on and I don't know when I'll be able to any time soon. :ermm:

I wish this was a post to say that I am becoming an active member again but it's not. When I was in the URPG there were many ups and downs but it always perservered. It's really a shame to see that it's not as active as it once was. I'm making a vow now though, whenever I'm on and have the time(which I promise you won't be often, but I want to help out)that I will try and contribute to the URPG. Wether it be through battling or reffing(if I remember how, heh) or whatever. I'm gonna start asking my brother more often if I can get on or I'll get on when he's not home(know his password :)

So everyone, hold your heads up high and let's work together to make this the place I once loved to be in again!

(whew, I feel like a motivational speeker :)

The End
11-17-2004, 07:54 PM
lol wtf omg bbq. CAN IT BE. I R HUR. POSSIBLE THE MOST ACTIVE PERSON IN THE WORLD. IS ON EVERYDAY FOR AT LEAST AN HOUR. *is waiting to be ref tested NOT on the forum. >>*

I can contribute in anyway possible, including mart, accepting starters, and soon reffing and hopefully grading the in the near future.

boltAge
11-18-2004, 06:35 AM
Welcome back, Allie. Was wondering where you disappeared to, I IMed your AIM nick one day and it apparently wasn't you who was at the other side. Haha.

You're right about one point. The URPG, in the past, would never die out(no, Jack, it's not just inactivity, the URPG wasn't much better during the holidays either unless the War was going on or something) like now. Though I remember the days when it was like QJ, Shroomish, Matthew, Curtis and a couple more people owning the URPG(That was when many of you haven't joined yet), those were way better. Sheesh.

And uh, would love to be mart staff/pokemon request dude thingey/auctioner or something. I'm usually on when you're all asleep, so I can accept some random orders.