PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Help/Introduction

FireflyK
03-21-2007, 12:38 AM
I have yet to see a thread for this, and lately, plenty of the Newbies have had questions. ^_^ Thus, I decided to make a thread for this.

Anyway, to all the wonderful new people of URPG:

To keep things brief, I'm FireflyK, I'm a grader, and I've been here about 4 months, give or take a bit. If you guys have any questions about the story section, or general things, I'd be glad to help. Just post here, or drop me a PM. I don't bite, promise. :wink:

If you have any hard questions, I would suggest going to a Mod. There are a lot of them here, so try to find one in your timezone. If you don't know who they are, and need to find one for assistance, try one of these people: Megumi (Official and Grader), DarkUmbreon(Mod), and lil_leprachaun33(God, AKA Jack).

Anyway... Welcome to URPG, newbies. And to those of you who joined Pokemon elite 2000 FOR the URPG, welcome to PE2K, too. =P

Edit: Yes, there IS hte general chat thread, but it's not obvious that it is for questions, at least not to a Newbie! Also, joining such a huge thread, with older and expirienced people who admittedly will often dismiss questions as 'stupid', isn't so fun for a Newb to have to do.

Subside
03-21-2007, 04:26 AM
I duno, I personally think this isn't needed, when I joined I just read through the rules and as they were easy to understand, there were a few things that confused me but i just started talking to other URPGers and figured everything else out.

If newer member could take the same initiative that I did I don't see a problem.

Also if this would kinda rival the URPG chat and it seems rather pointless having two of the same threads, i don't see many newer members posting questions outside of the related chat thread anyway.

Jack of Clovers
03-21-2007, 05:33 AM
This is what the URPG Related Chat thread is for. Thanks for trying to help though.

~Jack~