PDA

View Full Version : War Poll

HKim
08-16-2004, 10:50 PM
Feel free to post your opinions regarding the War. Also, for this week, the war is postponed.

VenusaurTrainer
08-16-2004, 10:55 PM
I say end it. Becuase people have become bored of the war, and people are not particapting (spelling) in it.

Finglonger
08-16-2004, 10:58 PM
eh, I still have hope that we can modify it and continue, I also think we should instate new judges. well the thing with judging is if you don't think you will have enough time don't accept the position. = /

JoshE
08-16-2004, 11:07 PM
I think we need to end it.

Then make a limit so every team could have an equal amount or close to equal. Then you also need to evaluate each section see how active it is and then make a change by editing it or deleteing it. :tongue:

Dratini
08-16-2004, 11:22 PM
For my opinion, see my post in Nate's thread. I'd rewrite it for this thread's purposes, but since my keyboard isn't working, so just read what I already said. To put it simply: End this war. If and when we fix the problems I mentioned in that post, then we can begin the wars again, starting with War Season 4.

Also Fingy, if we did that right now, there wouldn't be any judges. Period. And Josh, what defines an "equal amount"? Elite was, basically, 3 men who were able to almost win for themselves. 3 random other members could NEVER do that. Numbers isn't all that matters. But yes, some teams were too big.

Hoenn Mirror Girl
08-16-2004, 11:28 PM
End it. It's not really fun anymore. Plus there are a lot of people leaving and its throwing off my WAR fic!

Caite-chan
08-16-2004, 11:36 PM
I say we modify it...and keep going.

Lord Celebi
08-17-2004, 05:13 AM
Modify and keep going, and stop freaking banning peopel from the war.

Half a Dollar
08-17-2004, 05:18 AM
Hmm, modify then continue.

I say change judges, but not just judges, PEOPLE WHO ARE ACTIVE.

I mean, come on, most judges are inactive and really doesn't help the WAR, like Dratini(sorry D, no offense), she still does the trivia, however, she has little time on her hands for Pe2k, because she has a life, like all of us, but, some people are more active than others. =\

My 50 cents.

Matthew
08-17-2004, 05:26 AM
I think we should modify the war structure... first by ending it right now, and then trying to start fresh after you tweaked it a bit. That is my opinion anyhow...

Ierdar
08-17-2004, 07:06 AM
I say keep it going, edit it if you must, but continue. =D I just came back to the URPG, so I can help again! =D

JoshE
08-17-2004, 01:04 PM
I say keep it going, edit it if you must, but continue. =D I just came back to the URPG, so I can help again! =D

Were posting what would be best for the forum, not an individual. :tongue: Yet I am sure Kim will kick me out and say all comments are welcome. :tongue: :tongue: :smoker:

akdude
08-17-2004, 02:27 PM
all i'm gonna say is modify the structure and continue. The war needs to be exciting, not dull.

Jack of Clovers
08-17-2004, 04:15 PM
i'd end it. seriously, i've been the most active participant in the war section the past seasons. this time im not even trying and that must tell ya something is wrong. the new structure isn't working.

~Jack~

Tamer San
08-17-2004, 04:23 PM
Why not making it the same way used last war, or come up with an idea from the members not from the war leaders. Leaders may lead the war, but members are playing it so I believe we should continue it or restart it with a new look or the same old look from last war.

Marth
08-17-2004, 07:54 PM
i think this war went out of control, not in the reckless and destructive sense, but in the lack of organization and rules.
And, if you give me the honor, I could develop WAR 4.

Satou
08-18-2004, 12:03 AM
I think we should change it a bit ^_^; Maybe some new rules and stuff...?

koolcurtis
08-18-2004, 03:15 AM
end it. If you people think the forum activity is slow, then why keep this going? plus there are many things that need changes. Can't say cause what i say about the war is never taken into consideration. :sad:

Scorch Ry
08-18-2004, 03:33 AM
I say END IT NOW. Like Curtis said, too many things need to be changed and it needs to end right now. Perhaps you could work on War Season III Revision or just War Season IV from scratch because it is getting boring, and...just end it while you can. Failure is already in this war, so why continue it?

HKim
08-18-2004, 05:51 AM
Were posting what would be best for the forum, not an individual. :tongue: Yet I am sure Kim will kick me out and say all comments are welcome. :tongue: :tongue: :smoker:

Josh, I'm hurt. I thought we knew eachother.

Yes, every opinion is valued and I'm not going to hate anyone for voting to end it.

JoshE
08-18-2004, 01:33 PM
Josh, I'm hurt. I thought we knew eachother.

I was only kidding about the kick me out Kim. :tongue: (Plus I did not mean kick me out of the war. I ment kick me out of the thread. :tongue:)

I didnt mean to hurt you. Sorry. :wink:

TMTS
08-19-2004, 08:51 PM
This is just IMO, but I liked the old stucture of the war where it was just for the points. The new base/takeover/orbs/etc. thing is wierd, and it's no fun being TOTALLY wiped off the face of the earth, and not being able to participate. We at Team Aqua-Frost know.

Some people are good at strategies, some people are more for art, and some people are just plain smart. That is why there were the different devisions such as fanart, trivia, etc. in the original war thing. That is why it was fun. Different teams had people that were good in different devisions. So each team had a fairly equal chance at getting points. However this equality gets disrupted when, (due totechnical difficulties or whatever it was on rust's part), a team is down for a weak, is anihilated (sp.?). In the old system, If a team was out for a week, big whoop. It didn't result in no longer being able to participate. It just ment you had to try a little harder in the following weeks. But the point was that you could still go on. But in this new crazy system, BOOM. you're dead. Which brings me to another point. The horrible timing. It started in early July. People are on vacation in the summer! A lot of people DON'T HAVE COMPUTERS where they go and vacation. Meaning i the leader who makes a good portion of all the decisions is gone, the team became a sitting duck. And people shouldn't be tied back from vacation/family time because of a forum or whatever. It's crazy how many responsibilities the leader has to take on. Maybe I'm just speaking from the T.A.F point of veiw, but the new system is unfair. Stick to where we started and stop making everything so darn confusing!!!

WE WANT OUR BASIC POINT SYSTEM BACK!!!

I say end it, give the prize to whatever team is winning, and start it up anew in a few weeks with our good ol' system back.

Thank you for reading.
-TMTS

Matthew
08-19-2004, 09:08 PM
This is just IMO, but I liked the old stucture of the war where it was just for the points. The new base/takeover/orbs/etc. thing is wierd, and it's no fun being TOTALLY wiped off the face of the earth, and not being able to participate. We at Team Aqua-Frost know.

Some people are good at strategies, some people are more for art, and some people are just plain smart. That is why there were the different devisions such as fanart, trivia, etc. in the original war thing. That is why it was fun. Different teams had people that were good in different devisions. So each team had a fairly equal chance at getting points. However this equality gets disrupted when, (due totechnical difficulties or whatever it was on rust's part), a team is down for a weak, is anihilated (sp.?). In the old system, If a team was out for a week, big whoop. It didn't result in no longer being able to participate. It just ment you had to try a little harder in the following weeks. But the point was that you could still go on. But in this new crazy system, BOOM. you're dead. Which brings me to another point. The horrible timing. It started in early July. People are on vacation in the summer! A lot of people DON'T HAVE COMPUTERS where they go and vacation. Meaning i the leader who makes a good portion of all the decisions is gone, the team became a sitting duck. And people shouldn't be tied back from vacation/family time because of a forum or whatever. It's crazy how many responsibilities the leader has to take on. Maybe I'm just speaking from the T.A.F point of veiw, but the new system is unfair. Stick to where we started and stop making everything so darn confusing!!!

I say end it, give the prize to whatever team is winning, and start it up anew in a few weeks with our good ol' system back.

Thank you for reading.
-TMTS

Heh... nicely put... I liked the basic syste... it was fun... meh, that is just me as well.

Scorch Ry
08-20-2004, 12:21 AM
Nicely put, TMTS. Unfortunately, I wasn't here for the past two season of war, since I was a fully devoted member of SerebiiForums. But, from what everyone is saying, the past season was better.

JohtoTrainer
08-20-2004, 12:54 AM
The last War Season was NOT better. People didn't -participate. It would've ended up like this season but people just wanted to continue. This year was better. ALOT better then last year. There was just as much fighting last year as this year too. But the War Leaders weren't as confused last year though lol.

TropicalSnow
08-20-2004, 01:21 AM
Don't know if my vote counts that much lol. Haven't been here much but this is why.

I used to really like the war and that kinda why i liked the forum. The idividuality that it had . But when that war got boring it wasn't as much fun for me seeing as that was what i usely did. It took up the time for training for it and all that and then when it finally came it was boring which made the URPG kinda get boring for me and then so on.

Thats kinda why i haven't been on much. IMO

Get rid of it or change it alot/ I liked the old style though and i have no clue about this takeover base thing. (Don't nkow if i need to hear it though)

There my opinion and i hope to be on more

Lord Celebi
08-20-2004, 03:42 AM

Thank you for reading.
-TMTS
Nicely put TMTS, this what I have been trying to say at all my speaches, except better. Now everyone listen to this man's words of wisdom. And TMTS, Comast had a technical difficulty which put my area offline.

TMTS
08-20-2004, 08:33 PM
Nicely put TMTS, this what I have been trying to say at all my speaches, except better. Now everyone listen to this man's words of wisdom. And TMTS, Comast had a technical difficulty which put my area offline.
Leave it to me to come up from the shadows with a nice big speech... then disapear.... then big speech...

Anyway, I don't think that a difference in participation when going back to the old system is going to be a factor. practically no one participates anymore anyway! :oops:

Raddstealth316
08-20-2004, 08:37 PM
The last wars were worse than this war IMO, I liked this structure till it got inactive and going back to last seasons one is a BIG step backwards. I think it should be ended now and planned out a bit more for next time.

Tamer Marco
08-20-2004, 09:35 PM
Eh, I voted for continue it but my real vote is end it. The war has gotten dull, and nobodys participating. It's really hopeless.

Chiki
08-20-2004, 10:25 PM
I think we should continue it like one more turn and if it really loses activity, then end it.

Animefan1291
08-21-2004, 02:00 AM
I think we should change it around a bit. Then after our changes have been made, we should continue. :wink:

TMTS
08-22-2004, 02:43 AM
Now see... If we were to stop it, change it, then continue... the problem is what would we do with the information from the currently going on war? (such as points, territories, etc... but only if we were to stop that...)

I think that if we stop it and change it, we might as well end it. IT'll be weird continuing where we are...

Ace
08-22-2004, 03:04 AM
I think you should end it. First of all Summer's end is approaching, and if the war were to continue, whatever activity there was would extremely decrease. It's been a fun war, but it is too big, and sometimes it leads to lack of competition - or something. :tongue:

Next summer, or next war, some of the less popular things should be cut down, that way, the competition could be much more fierce.

I say nay to continuing the war

Matthew
08-22-2004, 05:22 AM
Too many choices to compete in and too few people to compete in them... lack of competition=lack of interest...

Ace
08-22-2004, 06:16 AM
Too many choices to compete in and too few people to compete in them... lack of competition=lack of interest...

One thing we agree on :rolleyes:

Anyway, supporting my last and Matthew's comment, many of the "masterminds" of the war are temporarily or permantly "resigned" or just hard to reach making it harder for 'order and organization' to be carried out.

Matthew
08-22-2004, 07:17 AM
One thing we agree on :rolleyes:

Anyway, supporting my last and Matthew's comment, many of the "masterminds" of the war are temporarily or permantly "resigned" or just hard to reach making it harder for 'order and organization' to be carried out.

Another thing I agree on with you :silly: This war is basically dead... just end it now... bah!

tonytrainer
08-22-2004, 12:19 PM
I think I will change my position, this war is coming to an End...
War Season 3 is going to die...Defenently!

Chicko
08-23-2004, 07:00 PM
I think the war should end...

green gyarados
08-23-2004, 07:53 PM
I don't care. But probably ending it'd be a good idea. Haven't seen much war activity on the forum, and the war's not active.

HKim
08-24-2004, 03:42 AM
The decision has been made, there is no need to continue the vote.

Thread- Locked and Unstickied