PDA

View Full Version : What's a good Grass type to recruit?

Haelleah
03-23-2007, 07:36 PM
I need a Grass type for the third member of my main team (the other two members are a Charizard and a Swampert). I have a Breloom right now, but her HP is really low (she's the same level as the Charizard and Swampert, but has about half their HP), and she just gets taken out too easily. Any suggestions as to a good Pokemon to recruit to replace her?

Ness
03-23-2007, 07:48 PM
Sceptile and Meganium are both excellent grass types. Their stats blew me away when I first looked at them (better than legendaries overall :eek: ). Meganium is a little bit better than Sceptile in terms of stats. Either one would make an excellent choice.

To make them even better, teach them Bullet Seed. It is a very bad move in the RSE/FRLG but does rediculous damage in PMD (as do most multi-hit moves).

If you want the best stats out of either of them, you will want to recruit them as either Bayleef or Grovyle. Simply put, this will give them more stats than if you caught them as Chikorita or Treeko and it is impossible to catch Meganium and Sceptile.

The only downside to these two pokemon is that you can only recruit them later on in the game:confused:.

Haelleah
03-23-2007, 07:51 PM
Hmm... so where can I recruit them? I haven't seen them in any dungeons so far.

(I LOVE Bullet Seed. It's one of the reasons I want a Grass type in my team so badly :D)

Ness
03-23-2007, 08:15 PM
[SPOILER WARNING]

Western Cave for both Grovyle and Bayleef. You need to recruit Ho-oh before you can get here.

Joyous Tower for Treeko and Chikorita. You need to save both Lati@s and unlock Sky Blue Plains friend area before you can go to this one.

So as I said before... these are late-game pokemon and thats the only downside :sad:.

Other options are Tangela which you can get at the Lapis Cave I believe and Ludicolo (can get Lombre and Lotat at Waterfall Pond). However these two arent as ridiculously good as Sceptile and Meganium but at least they have above average HP. Anything is better than Breloom... well I shouldn't say that since almost all Grass pokemon have stats that make me want to induce vomiting :oops: (especially their HP).

... Anyways I hope that helps a bit :happy:.

Haelleah
03-23-2007, 08:17 PM
Yes, that was very helpful, thanks. Well, off to go and try to recruit Ho-oh... yikes...

Ness
03-23-2007, 08:28 PM
Hehe no problem. A couple things you should know about Ho-oh though (I learned the hard way:neutral:). Even though it has a 99.9% catch rate, it can only be caught the second time you fight it. Also remember that it has a body size of 4 so only bring 2 pokemon with a body size of 1 (Charizard and Swampert work perfectly) since the maximum size allowed total is 6. And like all other pokemon... make you leader deal the last shot.

Ok thats about it :rolleyes:. Good Luck! :biggrin:

DarkMudkip
03-23-2007, 10:07 PM
Well I'm going to be nice... Joyous Tower has both Treeko and Chikorita to get there you have to... oh i dont want to say more just PM me to get the other info

Haelleah
03-24-2007, 06:58 AM
Well I'm going to be nice... Joyous Tower has both Treeko and Chikorita to get there you have to... oh i dont want to say more just PM me to get the other info
Heh, I can already get to Joyous Tower.

Espeon EX
03-24-2007, 02:52 PM
OR if you have fly, you can always get a tropius, those things are good, I've had one on my team for some time, but they help a lot.

Haelleah
03-24-2007, 06:38 PM
OR if you have fly, you can always get a tropius, those things are good, I've had one on my team for some time, but they help a lot.
It finally dawned on me that you can bring items to Joyous Tower. I got myself a Chikorita :) Thanks for the help everyone.

charmeleonblaze
03-24-2007, 10:30 PM
Sceptile and Meganium are both excellent grass types. Their stats blew me away when I first looked at them (better than legendaries overall :eek: ). Meganium is a little bit better than Sceptile in terms of stats. Either one would make an excellent choice.

To make them even better, teach them Bullet Seed. It is a very bad move in the RSE/FRLG but does rediculous damage in PMD (as do most multi-hit moves).

If you want the best stats out of either of them, you will want to recruit them as either Bayleef or Grovyle. Simply put, this will give them more stats than if you caught them as Chikorita or Treeko and it is impossible to catch Meganium and Sceptile.

The only downside to these two pokemon is that you can only recruit them later on in the game:confused:.

Yeah, I just recruited a grovyle today in western cave, and its stats r pretty good. The thing is, I was hoping to evolve it to sceptile as soon as possible, but its only on lv. 20.

brandonelliott
03-26-2007, 05:45 PM

Meganium's friend area is Beau Plains and Sceptile's is overgrown forest, just to let you know :wink:

The Harris
03-26-2007, 05:59 PM
get scyther he rules

Bloody TC
03-26-2007, 06:05 PM
get scyther he rules

Scyther is a bug and I would go with Bulbasaur because he is good imo.

Ness
03-26-2007, 08:35 PM

Only thing that Bulbasaur has going for it is Sleep Powder which is a pretty good crowd control move. Other than that, Meganium and Sceptile both outshine Bulbasaur / Venusaur in every way. Meganium has monstrous stats while Sceptile has sub-monstrous stats (but still top notch) and has the move Agility which is in my opinion one of the best support moves out there.

The Harris
03-26-2007, 09:19 PM

sorry its just scyther is pretty strong and he is green i thought you know :oops:

kadeon
03-26-2007, 09:59 PM
recruit bulbasoar chicorita and treeco

Bloody TC
03-26-2007, 10:35 PM
Only thing that Bulbasaur has going for it is Sleep Powder which is a pretty good crowd control move. Other than that, Meganium and Sceptile both outshine Bulbasaur / Venusaur in every way. Meganium has monstrous stats while Sceptile has sub-monstrous stats (but still top notch) and has the move Agility which is in my opinion one of the best support moves out there.

Yes you have a point there.So I change what I said.

mjb4991
04-06-2007, 01:52 PM
I would pick treeco because it can learn leaf blade which is a great move. Also I think Megnanium and Chicorita don't look as cool, although Beyleaf is okay looking.

Metagross Ex
04-06-2007, 02:52 PM
Well iknow kecleon isnt grass but that could be an awsome because it can copy grass types.

Ness
04-06-2007, 05:00 PM
Well iknow kecleon isnt grass but that could be an awsome because it can copy grass types.

... Lets not bring Kecleon into the discussion. It is not a Grass-Type nor has a movepool which qualifies it as a Grass-Type (it can learn Solarbeam... but so can most Normal-Types). Anyways the question has been long answered so let this get locked or let it die.

The Harris
04-06-2007, 09:59 PM
get baulbasaur and fully evolve to venasaur

mjb4991
04-07-2007, 11:47 PM
The only good thing Bulbusuar has are sleep powder (http://serebii.net/attackdex/sleeppowder.shtml), stun spore (http://serebii.net/attackdex/stunspore.shtml), and poison powder (http://serebii.net/attackdex/poisonpowder.shtml).

The Harris
04-08-2007, 05:40 PM
The only good thing Bulbusuar has are sleep powder (http://serebii.net/attackdex/sleeppowder.shtml), stun spore (http://serebii.net/attackdex/stunspore.shtml), and poison powder (http://serebii.net/attackdex/poisonpowder.shtml).

precisely he can immobilise the opponent

DarkraiEliteFTW
08-05-2008, 01:49 AM
Are u talking about Mystery Dungeon 1? Sorry, can't help you if it is MD1.

-Pichu Boy-
08-11-2008, 11:52 AM
I'm not sure if this is one of the forums that goes by the 'no reviving threads that are a month old', or if it goes by a certain page... but either way, I doubt that the creator is still looking after a year.

Go-Getters
08-11-2008, 11:54 AM
KECLEON!!! KECLEON DAMN YOU!!!

Kecleon is really good, Honest!