PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Song

!CeMAn
03-25-2007, 02:11 AM
No bands, no CDs.

Talk about your favourite(s) songs.
I have about 20 different songs by bands and artists that i'd never listen to, but i hear the track on the radio and i think the song is amazing.

Why? Explain. Discuss.

HOOBASTANK ~ The Reason
AVRiL LAViGNE ~ Happy Ending
Just a couple songs... Bring tears to my eyes.
Makes me feel good about break- ups. We've had a few like that..

SiMPLE PLAN ~ Perfect
Makes me think about my father.
We weren't close. Not like he was an ass-hole or anything, it just got pretty sketchy. I think because both of us have some kind of trait where we have to be king of the castle. I'm his kid, right? Imagine clashing- especially once i hit puberty and grew my own balls. Anyways, i know i let him down a few times and i was quite different when i was younger. When i hear that song it, again, brings tears to my eyes. Deep down, i think i want to hug my father. DEEP DOWN, i want his approval. I just want to hear him say, "I know you march to your own drum and that's cool."

Anyways...

Discuss favourite songs and why.

Soda
03-25-2007, 07:01 AM
Pain ~ Three Days Grace
It's not Over ~ Daughtry
I wanna Love You ~ Akon
Beyonce's songs can't choose
Fergie's songs Top 3
Fergailcious
London Bridges
Glamorous
Just Like You ~ Three Days Grace
Chingy ~ Right Thurr
A few Rascal Flatz songs

Sorry I couldn't choose:oops:
I have a wierd song Genre selesction.

!CeMAn
03-25-2007, 10:32 AM
Just pick one and talk about why you love it.

SLiPPED AWAY Just made me cry.
There's something about Avril where her lyrics shout to me. I got all chump- faced thinking about my own grandfather.

The Broken Hearts Parade
03-25-2007, 11:54 AM
Fall Out Boy - Thnks fr th mmrs (Thanks For the Memories)

Reminds me of all the good times i had with my EX ;_;.

Kyeiko
03-25-2007, 12:47 PM
I have many favorite, prolly because they explain my moods. Like ...Pain-ThreeDaysGrace
Four Word(To choke upon)-BFMV and stuff like that. ^.^

Neo Emolga
03-27-2007, 09:14 PM
BRAND NEW - The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows
Fast, beautiful, outstanding lyrics and full of energy. Plus, the instrumental is amazing and it never sags or gets boring to listen to. Very tricky to sing along with.

GORILLAZ - Every Planet We Reach is Dead
Slow, but good and the instrumental is exceptional. Heck, I'll just go ahead and say the entire Demon Days album is outstanding.

GORILLAZ - Tomorrow Comes Today
The music video is okay (could use a bit more animation to it) but the song itself is great. Best played at night. :P

FILTER - Cancer
Definitely makes you think when you consider the lyrics. Throughout the song, humanity is compared to a disease, but its done in a clever way.

FILTER - Skinny
This is such a sweet, rebelish kind of song. The music in it is also awesome.

DEFTONES - Change (In the House of Flies)
Lyrics are really strange and somewhat psychotic, but the music is awesome and its nicely loud.

IAN VAN DAHL - Try
The Alphazone Remix kicks ass, way more than the orignal. Still, both versions are very good, and in general, her music is quite decent.

And there are mine. :D

charmeleonblaze
03-27-2007, 09:34 PM
Salty Eyes-The Matches
Reason-It's an awesome song, the only cool song with a violin being the main instrument
Sick Little Suicide-The Matches
Reason-I LOVE the tune and lyrics, and the base line's awesome
What's My Age Again-Blink 182
Reason-lyrics make me think of good times with my ex, cool tune
Brain Stew-Green Day
Reason-Just plain awesome!!:cool:

Pooka
03-29-2007, 09:01 PM
3 Favourite Songs are:

Neneh Carrey, Buffalo Stance http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EQCOshGwPI

Eurythmics, There Must Be An Angel http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJeG5T9ScD8

Michael Sembello, Maniac http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxOlKvvLXP8

Oh and Smile.dk, Butterfly (This song is legendary if you've played Dance Dance Revolution) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZgoHDLBxEs

Echo
03-29-2007, 09:03 PM
IAN VAN DAHL - Try
The Alphazone Remix kicks ass, way more than the orignal. Still, both versions are very good, and in general, her music is quite decent.

It's actually 'his' music or 'their' music, because Annemie only sings the vocals. But yes, it's decent and basic trance.

Current favorite: Pink Floyd - Lost For Words

Espeon Rinage
03-29-2007, 09:05 PM
Ohio is for lovers ~ Hawthrone Heights
Makes me think of life, makes me think of everything you have.

Note to self ~ From First To Last
Just fun to listen to and repeate in your head.

Don't know name ~ ??
Lol, I don't know it's name it's like "Dance to this beat" and "Hearts beating faster, faster!"

rufus6june
03-29-2007, 11:50 PM
I dont really have a favorite song. I dont listen too a alot of music but ill update once and a while:

Ebay
by wierd al.
Makes me luagh at ebay! :goofy:

Saremu
03-31-2007, 05:18 AM
Dance With the Devil by Immortal Technique. If you like rap you will love this song. If you haven't heard of him go find some of his songs.

Diesel 34
03-31-2007, 05:24 AM
Don't Stop Believin is mine. Along with Lets Get it Started

The Maple Syrup Baptist
03-31-2007, 05:18 PM
FILTER - Cancer
Definitely makes you think when you consider the lyrics. Throughout the song, humanity is compared to a disease, but its done in a clever way.

FILTER - Skinny
This is such a sweet, rebelish kind of song. The music in it is also awesome.

Good call on the Filter! Such an underrated band...

And actually, The Missing by Filter is very emotional to me, and I've always loved the low-tuned guitars in it.

My favorite song is a tie:

Dirge For November - Opeth

This, ladies and gentleman, is one of the only metal bands that has a true heart. This song makes me cry or at least choke up everytime... It's about 8 minutes long. It starts with a beautifully fingerpicked guitar intro with a few pained vocal lines and a sweet little lead, and the feel is very reminiscent of the feeling that the season Autumn gives...

Then the full band kicks in with the most sad chords on electric guitar, these sweeping bass lines, and drums that kick the feeling home... Then the most sad section comes in, with minor chords and an absolutely stunning guitar lead... Simple, but touching...

And then the singer screams and growls the bleak lyrics, and where it should be untasteful and bothersome, his growls and screams send a shiver down my spine, and it's not someone screaming because he can't sing (Believe me, he can), but it's someone screaming in pain, in sorrow, and you feel his hopelessness.

And when the band stops, we're left with a barely distorted, fingerpicked guitar outro, full with reverb and spacey sounds... By this point I'm balling my eyes out LOL... And it's just so full of despair AND beauty that you'll need more listens to truly understand it.

And they create emotion like that on almost ALL their songs, and they have 8 CDs! :biggrin:

The other song is Hold The Line - Pilate/Pilotspeed

A sad but sweet indie-rock tune... The vocals are absolutely phenomenal, so heart-wrenching... And the final chorus lets all the instruments fall and surround you as his voice soars above it all in a powerful, epic feat.

I highly recommend these songs to people who will listen to any genre, especially harder music, and people looking for something with true feeling and emotion.

And yah, I'm very passionate about music.

PalkiaAndBlisseyrock
04-01-2007, 08:53 AM
Sweet escape= Gwen Stefani

Wake me up when September ends= Green day

And thats it for the actual ARTISTS lol I love the soundtracks from so many shows :happy:
And video games :happy:

Echo
04-01-2007, 03:35 PM
Don't know name ~ ??
Lol, I don't know it's name it's like "Dance to this beat" and "Hearts beating faster, faster!"

That would be Lying Is The Most Fun A Girl Can Do Without Taking Her Clothes Off by Panic! At The Disco.

Dynamik
04-02-2007, 07:10 AM
Here in your Arms- Hellogoodbye
I <333 that song. Unfortunately, the Music vid sux butt. D:

Cupids Chokehold- Gym Class Heroes
Awesome song. Pretty nice video too. x]

Roses- OutKast
I just love it.

There's more, but I just get lazy stating them. :tongue:

oO-Whiscash-Oo
04-05-2007, 02:39 AM
The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus - Seventeen Ain't So Sweet
I just absolutely love how the music to this song goes.

Brand New - The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows
It gives me this weird feeling ... Heh, I can't really describe it, but it makes me feel good whenever I listen to it.

Cute Is What We Aim For - The Curse Of Curves
Dunno, just love the lyrics, even though some lines I don't have a clue what Shaant is talking about. ^^;

The Used - A Box Full Of Sharp Objects
Love the screaming in this song, and the video is pretty awesome.

Boys Like Girls - The Great Escape
Loved it the first time I heard it. The video is kinda lame though. Such an awesome band. <3

Panic! At The Disco - Build God, Then We'll Talk
I love the music to this song. But the music video = freakishly hilarious.

Atreyu - The Theft
This song really puts me in a good mood for some odd reason. Probably the only Atreyu song I actually really like.

Professor Geoffrey
04-05-2007, 02:48 AM
Not going down-By Jo Dee Messina
It basically explains how I feel in bad situations.

Go out walking in the Moonlight Patsy Cline
Love the song, but on Season 5 of American Idol, Kellie Pickler ruined it, and I liked her...

Superstitious Remade by Raven Symone
Haunting.

Backflip Raven Symone
Love it!

Rush Aly and AJ
Great!

No one Aly and AJ
Explains how I feel in certain situations.

Breakaway Kelly Clarkson
Just wonderful!

You'll be in my Heart Phil Collins
Love it! Hate the remake by Usher (Was it Usher?)...

He's a Pirate from Pirates of The Carribean
Love it!

I have tons more...

Hawkins
04-06-2007, 05:54 PM
Dance With the Devil by Immortal Technique. If you like rap you will love this song. If you haven't heard of him go find some of his songs.

I used to like that song a lot. You should also check out Bin Laden, thats another good song by Immortal Technique.

My current favorite songs:
Seasons- Cunninlynguists
No One Else Comes Close- Backstreet Boys
I Could Die For You- Red Hot Chili Peppers

Charbok
04-07-2007, 03:18 AM
I used to like that song a lot. You should also check out Bin Laden, thats another good song by Immortal Technique.

My current favorite songs:
Seasons- Cunninlynguists
No One Else Comes Close- Backstreet Boys
I Could Die For You- Red Hot Chili Peppers

Since when do you listen to the cunninlynguists?

My fav song right now:
Stone Tower Temple- Koji Kondo
Colgate Toothpaste- Tourettes Guy
Back to your Heart- Backstreet Boys
Points of Authroity- Linkin Park

Pink Leon
04-07-2007, 07:37 PM
right now my favorite song is
"what goes around comes around" by justin timberlake

Finglonger
04-07-2007, 11:26 PM
excellent thread

The Clash- Stay Free
reminds me of myself in high school, considered somewhat of a screwup by most people, really only one person ever understood me. Its odd trying to grow into yourself, find who you are, now I look back on it and laugh, but man this song speaks to me as strong as it did back then.

Catch 22- Keasby nights
this is the song that makes me want to get up and dance around like a madman. Catchy beat, good horns... who could ask for anything else?

Big D and the kids table- good luck
this song is all about saying goodbye, we all have to do that. when I hear this song I think about a few specific people, who left my life for whatever reason. somehow it just makes me feel happy, wether I look at it from their perspective or mine. <3 big D

Midnight Sun
04-12-2007, 03:50 PM
Underoath - It's Dangerous Business Walking Out Your Front Door

Underoath - In Regards To Myself

Underoath - Some Will Seek Forgiveness, Others Will Escape

The Almost - Say This Sooner

The Almost - Amazing, Because It Is

The Almost - Everything That Makes Me Sick

<3

Gaby
04-12-2007, 05:57 PM
Got a few, some are Japanese though -_-"

Brick House - Commodores
Is pretty funny song :tongue:

American Idiot - GreenDay
Song. Frigging. Rocks.

Itazura No Kiss - Day After Tomorrow - Inuyasha Op.
<33333, 'nuff said

Far Away - Never did get who sings it, all I see are a bunch of Japanesse symbols :eh:

Re:member - Flow - Naruto Op.
Naruto = ma friend :tongue:

Successful Mission - Megumi Hayashibara - SMJ Op.
It kinda gets me in a better mood when I'm saddened (that and the song rocks)

And thats about it :tongue:

InvertrevnI
04-12-2007, 11:03 PM
Underoath - Some Will Seek Forgiveness, Others Will Escape
<3
Much <3 this song.

Selling Out - Tristania This song is beautiful.

Tory vs Meaty II
04-12-2007, 11:09 PM
My song: Know what I'm doing
Reason: It sounds really cool, especially the beat.

Latest Popular song at my school: We in the bed like
Reason: It just known everywhere in my location, they love it.

New popular song: Dreamin
Reason: Almost everyone that I know in real life in fact, love this song.

clubpenguinfan10
04-12-2007, 11:21 PM
Creeping in my Soul-Christina Loretzen go download it herewww.bionicle.com if you want!

man my favorite song is soothing

Seviper
04-22-2007, 02:21 AM
"Come Down" by Bush
"Dig" by Incubus
"There's A Class For This" by Cute Is What We Aim For

Loooads more but I can't think of them.

Finglonger
04-22-2007, 03:36 AM
"Come Down" by Bush

This song is most excellent, sixteen stone by bush was the first album I ever owned. I didn't know people still liked them, many props.

wind_guardien
04-28-2007, 03:22 PM
For Crying out Loud - Meat Loaf

Easily the most intense, desperate, powerful err..power ballad I have ever heard. This song has enough instruments to use for an orchestra, and its speed and rythem are wonderful, and the lyrics can apply to so many things it could relate to just about anyone. And of course Meat Loaf's vocals just sends this so over the top. I've never seen so much energy in one song. Almost incredulous. Almost.

Lots of credit to Jim Steinman, for composing everything, from the lyrics to the cellos and the piano and everything in between.

Shiny Loser
04-28-2007, 04:27 PM
One of my favs:

stan (ft. Dido) - By Eminem

It's like, so real. Quite sad, too.

Larvitar816
05-02-2007, 04:04 AM
My favorite song is either "The Bird And The Worm" by The Used or "Never Too Late" by Three Days Grace.

RawrIsMyMiddleName
05-02-2007, 04:56 AM
Too many, my fav though is Cupid's Chokehold by Gym Class Heroes, why? It's pimpin'.

Psychic Oats
05-02-2007, 08:39 PM
My favorite song is either "The Bird And The Worm" by The Used or "Never Too Late" by Three Days Grace.

Huh, mine is "Never Too Late" as well.

George Jefferson
05-02-2007, 10:51 PM
Mine would be... Symphony of Destruction - Megadeth, or Last Caress - Misfits. ):

Charbok
05-04-2007, 04:21 AM
I'm into the Red Hot Chili Peppers right now, so i'm gonna say wither Dosed, Parallel Universe, Pea, or Universally Speaking.

TheGazette
05-09-2007, 12:57 AM
My favorite song right now is DLN by The Gazette (who didn't see that one coming?). The music and the lyrics sync together and the vocalist is awesome. You can tell how he feels when he is singing the song.